Home Sports Talk
Options

Philadelphia Eagles 2018 season

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I’m really not picking on you Steve or your 🦅’s. I sincerely think Dallas is coming into this game pretty hot and will be hard to beat. It’s a huge game so I expect it to be bitterly contested. I don’t care either way who wins so I will say good luck to Steve & Dime

I'm close to guaranteeing a win for the Eagles but i'm not completely certain, so i may not guarantee it. However, i'm feeling pretty good about it that the Eagles will win this game.

In any event, I strongly feel that Carson Wentz is going to have an excellent game, and that may be more than enough, if the Eagles defense can just play some decent football, to beat this Cowboys team on Sunday.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Brick said:
    I'd say the Saints are head and shoulders better than the other two. Eagles and Cowboys are a pick-em. JMHO.

If the Saints are head and shoulders better than the Cowboys.........why didn't they beat us instead of only scoring 10 points of which 7 was given to them on the dumb ruffing call!! :o;)

That game was fixed. There is a huge congressional investigation going on right now, in which it's been alleged that the brother-in-law of Drew Brees bet 10 million dollars to win on the Cowboys.

;)

I got a chuckle on that one. Speaking of congressional investigation........Have you seen the 1973 movie "Executive Action". It is a movie about the JFK Assination(sp). Very interesting....check it out.

Nah...I already know what happened. Oswald was the lone gunman, the rest of the conspiracy theories are bogus.

Now was Oswald influenced by some others to do it? Of course, most if not all assassins are. Probably why Jack Ruby silenced him, to make sure Oswald didn't talk about that or lie about something.

But as far as the assassination itself, it was Oswald and only Oswald, no question about it. Those that purportedly "influenced" him IE the Russians, Castro, the mafia, or whoever, had way too much to lose if it could be proven for sure that they had anything to do with the planning and execution.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Brick said:
    I'd say the Saints are head and shoulders better than the other two. Eagles and Cowboys are a pick-em. JMHO.

If the Saints are head and shoulders better than the Cowboys.........why didn't they beat us instead of only scoring 10 points of which 7 was given to them on the dumb ruffing call!! :o;)

That game was fixed. There is a huge congressional investigation going on right now, in which it's been alleged that the brother-in-law of Drew Brees bet 10 million dollars to win on the Cowboys.

;)

I got a chuckle on that one. Speaking of congressional investigation........Have you seen the 1973 movie "Executive Action". It is a movie about the JFK Assination(sp). Very interesting....check it out.

Nah...I already know what happened. Oswald was the lone gunman, the rest of the conspiracy theories are bogus.

Now was Oswald influenced by some others to do it? Of course, most if not all assassins are. Probably why Jack Ruby silenced him, to make sure Oswald didn't talk about that or lie about something.

But as far as the assassination itself, it was Oswald and only Oswald, no question about it. Those that purportedly "influenced" him IE the Russians, Castro, the mafia, or whoever, had way too much to lose if it could be proven for sure that they had anything to do with the planning and execution.

Anyone who knows anything about slugs and what they do (and I think you do) know that when you get hit from behind you are thrown forwards and when you are hit from the front you are thrown back. The fatal shot that threw him back and blew out the back of his head was from the front.......the grassy knowel(sp). There were 3 shooters.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Brick said:

;)

Anyone who knows anything about slugs and what they do (and I think you do) know that when you get hit from behind you are thrown forwards and when you are hit from the front you are thrown back. The fatal shot that threw him back and blew out the back of his head was from the front.......the grassy knowel(sp). There were 3 shooters.

We've all seen the Zapruder film. And I think we all know that an entrance wound from a bullet is almost not noticeable compared to an exit wound when the lead bullet expands. Kennedy's head shot is clearly a shot from behind as his brains were being blown out towards the front of his head from the exit wound which struck him in the back of the head. It appears before the head shot, that he sustained one or two shots in the back which was also from behind.

To a former US Marine marksman such as Oswald, with the rifle that he had, these shots fired accurately are very easy to do.

Case closed.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still, Oswald’s “pastry” comment haunts us. What did he mean by that? Where there others involved? He could have done it all on his own. The amount of money he needed to do it was not large; he was a loner and a misfit; and he had the expertise courtesy of the U.S. Marine Corp. Still, did someone, like Castro, who had an ax to grind against JFK, put him up to it?

Sadly we will never know. Ruby did us no favors.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Brick said:

;)

We've all seen the Zapruder film. And I think we all know that an entrance wound from a bullet is almost not noticeable compared to an exit wound when the lead bullet expands. Kennedy's head shot is clearly a shot from behind as his brains were being blown out towards the front of his head from the exit wound which struck him in the back of the head. It appears before the head shot, that he sustained one or two shots in the back which was also from behind.

To a former US Marine marksman such as Oswald, with the rifle that he had, these shots fired accurately are very easy to do.

Case closed.

Not closed. The exit wound was in the back of his head. That's where the blow out was. Not in front. The Warren report was the biggest cover up EVER!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:
    I’m really not picking on you Steve or your 🦅’s. I sincerely think Dallas is coming into this game pretty hot and will be hard to beat. It’s a huge game so I expect it to be bitterly contested. I don’t care either way who wins so I will say good luck to Steve & Dime

I'm close to guaranteeing a win for the Eagles but i'm not completely certain, so i may not guarantee it. However, i'm feeling pretty good about it that the Eagles will win this game.

In any event, I strongly feel that Carson Wentz is going to have an excellent game, and that may be more than enough, if the Eagles defense can just play some decent football, to beat this Cowboys team on Sunday.

Yea your trying to “Will” them to win. I totally get it, I do the same thing with the Pats in big games 😂

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Brick said:

;)

Case closed.

Not closed. The exit wound was in the back of his head. That's where the blow out was. Not in front. The Warren report was the biggest cover up EVER!

The Zapruder film in my view, shows the exit wound blowing out in front.

My understanding of conspiracy theorists and those further exaggerating the conspiracy theories such as Hollywood film makers, was that they show pics of the exit wound from JFK's corpse. However that was explained as pics taken after the autopsy.

If all the evidence showed otherwise, then it would be cut and dried that there were other shooters. In my opinion, it would make no sense to cover that up. If Oswald had one or two other assassins with him, then that's what it would have been, and law enforcement would have further pursued trying to catch them.

It was Lee Harvey Oswald, and only Lee Harvey Oswald, and that's that.

• Options
    edited December 7, 2018 8:19AM

There is zero doubt that there was a second shooter in the grassy knoll. I believe it was an insurance policy Incase Oswald got compromised and couldn’t do the job.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    Still, Oswald’s “pastry” comment haunts us. What did he mean by that? Where there others involved? He could have done it all on his own. The amount of money he needed to do it was not large; he was a loner and a misfit; and he had the expertise courtesy of the U.S. Marine Corp. Still, did someone, like Castro, who had an ax to grind against JFK, put him up to it?

I'm not familiar with the "pastry" comment. First I've heard of it. And frankly, whatever comments spewed from Oswald's mouth, doesn't mean it was true or factual.

I think we all probably know the background story of the conspiracy theories...the Cuban Missile Crisis, Bay of Pigs fiasco, Robert Kennedy investigation of the mafia...all possible motives for assassinating Kennedy. However none of it makes sense to murder JFK and possibly start a war with Russia or Cuba, or send thousands of law enforcement officers to immediately take down the mafia. Neither the Russians, nor Castro, nor the mafia bosses, had the motivation to go there...it would have been suicide for them to do so.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    There is zero doubt that there was a second shooter in the grassy knoll. I believe it was an insurance policy Incase Oswald got compromised and couldn’t do the job.

I didn't deny for years that couldn't have been a possibility. It would have been foolish not to explore that possibility. I just haven't seen any concrete evidence over the years to prove it. And I've seen reputable documentaries on TV basically disproving all the conspiracy theories. If something new comes about, I'd be glad to take a look at it, but rehashing the same old conspiracy theories is something I'm not going to waste time doing.

If it had been two or three assassins, then it would have been two or three assassins and that would have been the facts. Assassinations past and future from the JFK assassination have shown that some are committed by lone wolves and some are committed by small groups.

The bottom line in my view is that whether Oswald acted alone or whether it was one or two others involved, wouldn't change the narrative anyway regarding possible Russian, Cuban or mafia involvement.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Yea your trying to “Will” them to win. I totally get it, I do the same thing with the Pats in big games 😂

"Will" the Eagles to win? That's funny. I wish i did have that power. 🤣

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

"Will" the Eagles to win? That's funny. I wish i did have that power. 🤣

Same here 🙄. If I did this past Super Bowl would have played out much differently 🤬

• Options

Steve not sure if you ever saw this but it’s a pretty cool documentary, it has a little part about the JFK assasination in it. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Saw_Tomorrow

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

The bottom line in my view is that whether Oswald acted alone or whether it was one or two others involved, wouldn't change the narrative anyway regarding possible Russian, Cuban or mafia involvement.

I'm not saying it was the Russians or Cuba or mafia. And it doesn't really matter now. But when I saw his head fly back that told me (and nothing can change this) that he was hit from the front. You ought to watch the movie "Executive Action" it makes sence. There were high powered people who didn't like two huge things that JFK was going to do. 1) Reducing nucular arms and 2) Get the U.S. out of Vietnam. Another disturbing FACT is all of the people involved all died suddenly within 5 years of the shooting. A actuary in England figured the odds on that happening naturally was 1 in several Billion.

We will never know who, but it was a group effort and I'm not sure Oswald was even involved....watch the movie.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Steve not sure if you ever saw this but it’s a pretty cool documentary, it has a little part about the JFK assasination in it. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Saw_Tomorrow

I've read a little bit about Nostradamus. He reminds me of Jeane Dixon who as you and Dimeman probably know, became famous for "predicting" the JFK assassination.

Well, Jeane Dixon made numerous predictions and so did Nostradamus, and when ya make numerous predictions, some of them are likely to happen. The vast majority, practically all of their predictions did not come true.

Nostradamus "saw tomorrow" the way any decent historian could piece together the past, and analyze how current events along with past occurrences of human behavior could affect the future.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I'm not saying it was the Russians or Cuba or mafia. And it doesn't really matter now. But when I saw his head fly back that told me (and nothing can change this) that he was hit from the front. You ought to watch the movie "Executive Action" it makes sence. There were high powered people who didn't like two huge things that JFK was going to do. 1) Reducing nucular arms and 2) Get the U.S. out of Vietnam. Another disturbing FACT is all of the people involved all died suddenly within 5 years of the shooting. A actuary in England figured the odds on that happening naturally was 1 in several Billion.

We will never know who, but it was a group effort and I'm not sure Oswald was even involved....watch the movie.

Kennedy was basically a hawk. I was too young to recall his administration, but I don't remember reading later on that he was soft on reducing nuclear arms unless the Russians complied in the same way.

Yes, Vietnam was supposed to be a short war, but the Vietcong proved otherwise didn't they?

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Kennedy was basically a hawk. I was too young to recall his administration, but I don't remember reading later on that he was soft on reducing nuclear arms unless the Russians complied in the same way.

Yes, Vietnam was supposed to be a short war, but the Vietcong proved otherwise didn't they?

Yes, Kennedy would not have reduced nuclear arms unless Russia did the same.

Kennedy definitely wanted us out of Vietnam.

The Vietnam war could have been short if we had been given the green light to take the North instead of just trying to keep the North out of the South.

I especially liked JFK's stance on the Cuban missile crisis! He would NOT back down and Russia DID. Can you imagine what would have happened if Obama was President then. We would be speaking Russian now....that's what!!

• Options

I'm gonna go back to Eagles talk now as I'm not sure if CU will appreciate the non-sports talk or not?

If you wish to chat more with me or each other on this subject or anything else off topic to the CU forum, then check out my new forum 50right.com

I started it around two years ago, and my family and friends signed up, and they read the articles and comments, but they mostly don't post themselves as they are not internet posting junkies like me. LOL

So any new members from here would be welcome and appreciated. :)

• Options
    edited December 9, 2018 6:55AM

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

I'm not familiar with the "pastry" comment. First I've heard of it. And frankly, whatever comments spewed from Oswald's mouth, doesn't mean it was true or factual.

I think we all probably know the background story of the conspiracy theories...the Cuban Missile Crisis, Bay of Pigs fiasco, Robert Kennedy investigation of the mafia...all possible motives for assassinating Kennedy. However none of it makes sense to murder JFK and possibly start a war with Russia or Cuba, or send thousands of law enforcement officers to immediately take down the mafia. Neither the Russians, nor Castro, nor the mafia bosses, had the motivation to go there...it would have been suicide for them to do so.

During one of the films of Oswald before the one in which Ruby killed him, Oswald made a comment, that was audible, that he was or had been, “a patsy.” Without more testimony, it is impossible to know what he met. Since the incompetent Dallas Police Force could not keep a high profile prisoner alive, we will never know. It may have met nothing or the just the rambling of a 1960s political fanatic, or it might have met that he had stuck his neck out for someone else who was letting him take the fall.

Conspiracy theorists make the claim that Ruby shot him to shut him up. Who knows?

We do know that Oswald was perhaps the only member of a movement called, “The Fairplay for Cuba Committee.” He was handing out leftlets on the street (I think in New Orleans.) sometime before the assassination. It is obvious that he had a lot of sympathy for the Cuban Government. He had also tried to make a go of it in the Soviet Union, and had washed out of their program after he found the government jobs they gave him (I think in a radio factory) were not to his liking. That is when and where he met his Russian wife, Mariana.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

It’s do or die day for the Eagles. If they bear Dallas, they have a chance at the playoffs, not a great chance, but an opportunity. If they lose, it’s play out the string time.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    It’s do or die day for the Eagles. If they bear Dallas, they have a chance at the playoffs, not a great chance, but an opportunity. If they lose, it’s play out the string time.

Yes...and the Saints really messed things up last week for the Eagles by not bringing their A game to Dallas. Heck it wasn't even their B or C game, it was their F game.

I still think the Eagles beat the Cowboys today, and tie it up in the NFC East standings. However the joy may be short lived. The Eagles play the Rams on the road next week and that game is virtually a certain loss. Then the Eagles play the currently 9-3 Texans at home the following week and the Texans are currently on a nine game winning streak. While the Cowboys final three games are much more favorable for them.

If I have to point to one awful game that foretold the result of this season, it had to be that game with the Panthers, the Eagles going into the fourth quarter with a 17-0 lead and blowing it. Championship season teams don't do that.

Oh well, i'll be rooting hard for the Eagles today, and if we don't make it this season, then we don't make it.

I'll have to admit, if some all powerful being came to me before the 2017 season and said, "stevek, I'll give ya an Eagles Super Bowl championship this season, but you'll have to endure a very frustrating, disappointing season in 2018."
    I'd retort, "Are you kidding me, yes of course i'll take that!" :)

• Options

They're at the gate...they're off.......................

• Options

Three and out for the Cowboys. Good start for the defense, but in one of the worst ref calls in NFL history, the Eagles clearly recovered a fumble on the opening kickoff and the stinking refs ruled otherwise. Pathetic beyond belief.

• Options

it's about time for the Dak & Zeke show now. Come on COWBOYS!!!!!

• Options

Well that wasn't a show....more of a preview! ;)

• Options

Well, there was a Romo throw if I have ever seen one. And I have seen a bunch!!!!!!!

• Options

PATHETIC...….ABSOULTY PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't be happy with anything less than a 28 point win against the Hummingbirds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Options

I'm TOTALLY embarrassed by this PATHETIC play against such an inferior team!!!!!!

• Options

At least your team has scored more than 0 points thus far. :/

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Before the injury Wentz was a world beater. The injury has made him < average.

• Options

@hammer1 said:

Sadly i have to agree with ya.

• Options

@hammer1 said:

Wentz is missing throws that he would have completed last season, killing drives, taking the offense off the field, the defense is out there on the field too long and gets tired, and the Eagles lose to decent teams.

• Options

This is soon to be a cheat post thread.

Get in a cheat post to impress the folks in your life with a higher CU post count.

+1

• Options

PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We march down the field and then because of our inept offense settle for a freaking FG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

I dunno why but this Eagles offensive performance reminds me of an old "ethnic" joke.

Two ethnic teams playing football. The score is 0-0 late in the fourth quarter. A train whistle blows. One of the ethnic teams thought it was the game whistle and walks off the field, into the locker room. Ten plays later the other ethnic team scored and won the game.

• Options

Yet another Romo throw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

I see what's happening out there. It's a tease, and I'm not falling for it.

+1

• Options

Misses the extra point. I guess the sun got in his eyes.

Just too pathetic.

+1

• Options

@stevek said:
    I see what's happening out there. It's a tease, and I'm not falling for it.

+1

It's not a tease Steve...…...our offense is that BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Options

I'm just glad the Eagles aren't playing the Little Old Ladies Church Football Team...the Eagles would be losing this game much worse.

+1

• Options

Did the Eagles give up a lot to draft Wentz second?

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Yet another Romo throw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, Dak trying to give this game away, but the Eagles will have no part of that.

+1

• Options

This Cowboy team is not a pimple on the arse of the Aikman led teams of the 92-93 Cowboys!!!!

Aikman could come down out of the booth and do better than this!

• Options

THANK YOU DAK!!!!!

• Options

Come on Wentz - don't tease me............................................................

• Options

It's official...…….Dak is another Romo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going NOWHERE!!!!!!!!

• Options

throwing behind his receivers on short passes equal injury time for the small guys.

• Options

Congrats Steve you have beat a hapless team. BOY DO WE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

If the Eagles pull this game out, i'll never ask for anything again.

B) > @DIMEMAN said:

Congrats Steve you have beat a hapless team. BOY DO WE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop it!