Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>When will the mint begin hitting the credit cards? In other words, when do you need the $1505 in your account if you ordered 5 sets? My expected ship date is 11/12/11. >>

I don't understand why it takes them so long to fill these orders. >>

Most times they fill orders earlier than the projected ship date. I expect them to do so with these since sets should have already been on the shelf at the distributer's warehouse. Just a matter of processing now. >>

If you ordered a 2011 proof set they would probably ship it monday so why can't they do the same with these? >>

You're not getting 100,000 proof sets out in that short of time.....and, PBGS really is incompetent as a contractor, imho.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Just called too and the 5 PM cutoff time was mentioned again (got my email at 5.02 PM, order # 38378xxx). Mint representative told me he couldn't see if I was on the waiting list but "almost guaranteed you got one" (his words). They cancelled a lot of orders ( we know that) but supposedly anyone around 5 PM is still fine.

Nothing to do but wait....

Dennis
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Yes. $5K for sealed box of 5 is now a low ball. I think 400,000 collectors got shut out on this set. Selling to dealers for only $100 profit is a mistake. >>

I'd say $5K+ for 5 sealed sets is definately going to happen, unlike the 2006, these sets have 2 Keys in each set, and the other 3 have the potential to be hot in graded pops due to the DQ from opened sets. Keep in mind the 06 sealed boxes of 10 hit 9K, and although these are only 1/2 the # of sets the key coin percentages are the same if not higher based on content...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>When will the mint begin hitting the credit cards? In other words, when do you need the $1505 in your account if you ordered 5 sets? My expected ship date is 11/12/11. >>

Most times they fill orders earlier than the projected ship date. I expect them to do so with these since sets should have already been on the shelf at the distributer's warehouse. Just a matter of processing now. >>

I generally get my Mint items sent to me several days before the expected shipping date stated on my order confirmation email.
    The Mint's fulfillment company may be a bit overloaded by the sudden rush of orders (there has to be at least 20,000 and likely a lot more), so I can't say if that will be the case for this release but I'd be very much surprised if they didn't have them all shipped before Thanksgiving.
  • Options

<< <i>Just called too and the 5 PM cutoff time was mentioned again (got my email at 5.02 PM, order # 38378xxx). Mint representative told me he couldn't see if I was on the waiting list but "almost guaranteed you got one" (his words). They cancelled a lot of orders ( we know that) but supposedly anyone around 5 PM is still fine.

Nothing to do but wait....

Dennis >>

I'm getting conflicting data, first I just called the Mint and they said the cutoff time was around 5:30 when the waitng list kicked in, but most articles and posts on these boards state that the waiting list to effect around 4:30 pm. IN addition, another poster quoted a US Mint press release statement (which I can't find googling it) as stating 5:30 being the time when the waiting list started. What's the consensus on this board 4:30 or 5:30?
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yes. $5K for sealed box of 5 is now a low ball. I think 400,000 collectors got shut out on this set. Selling to dealers for only $100 profit is a mistake. >>

I'd say $5K+ for 5 sealed sets is definately going to happen, unlike the 2006, these sets have 2 Keys in each set, and the other 3 have the potential to be hot in graded pops due to the DQ from opened sets. Keep in mind the 06 sealed boxes of 10 hit 9K, and although these are only 1/2 the # of sets the key coin percentages are the same if not higher based on content... >>

When did the 20th anniv sets peak?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, once it goes from hold to in process, the next step is usually the package at your door a few days later. You'll get a notice it shipped after you are already marvelling over the attractive cardboard shipping box.
    (Remember: don't open them.) >>

By keeping an eye on your Track Order status, you will know the day they ship and will see a UPS tracking number. The will be at your door the next morning in most cases.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you ordered a 2011 proof set they would probably ship it monday so why can't they do the same with these? >>

You're not getting 100,000 proof sets out in that short of time.....and, PBGS really is incompetent as a contractor, imho. >>

I don't expect them to ship all of the orders for these on one day, but I see no reason why they can't start by monday.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't expect them to ship all of the orders for these on one day, but I see no reason why they can't start by monday. >>

They have to go through and confirm orders - they do make sure that there are no multiple orders going to the same address, that credit cards are valid, etc.)
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    If your order hasn't been cancelled yet does that mean the order will go through?
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I'd say $5K+ for 5 sealed sets is definately going to happen, unlike the 2006, these sets have 2 Keys in each set, and the other 3 have the potential to be hot in graded pops due to the DQ from opened sets. Keep in mind the 06 sealed boxes of 10 hit 9K, and although these are only 1/2 the # of sets the key coin percentages are the same if not higher based on content... >>

Also, there were 250,000 2006 sets sold while there are only 100,000 2011 sets being sold or only 40% as many of the 2006 sets.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    I got through at 9 pm EST and I was not cancelled today. However, I also ordered a commemorative at the same time. ...making a difference??? Possibly so...
  • Options

<< <i>I got through at 9 pm EST and I was not cancelled today. However, I also ordered a commemorative at the same time. ...making a difference??? Possibly so... >>

I don't think the commem makes a difference but I do think you are definitely on the wait list.
    By Friday morning, the sets were lsted as "SOLD OUT".
    You might get lucky and get your set(s), then again you might not.image
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does anyone think the resale price for one of these sets will be at a dealer's table in coinshows within the next few months or is that a number that is yet to shake out.
    My thought is possibly $550 -$600.
    Any thoughts?

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sets currently Being Auctioned On eBay >>

The one ending soonest ...the 5 Sets over 3K the highest bidder has a feedback of 1.
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    Without reading 100 posts, what happen to the Ebay rules i was reading about yesterday where they were stoping presales on these sets?
  • Options

<< <i>What does anyone think the resale price for one of these sets will be at a dealer's table in coinshows within the next few months or is that a number that is yet to shake out.
    My thought is possibly $550 -$600.
    Any thoughts? >>

$600 would be the lowest I expect local show dealers would ask for, settling for maybe $550.
    But the set could go viral, in which case the sky's the limit.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << What does anyone think the resale price for one of these sets will be at a dealer's table in coinshows within the next few months or is that a number that is yet to shake out. My thought is possibly $550 -$600. Any thoughts? >>

$850 easily (or higher). At least $150 for the 3 "commons", $300 for the reverse proof, $400 for the 2011-S burnished.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

When did the 20th anniv sets peak? >>

Well, I always take notes but of course can't find my 2006 folders...Nonetheless, here's a link blast from the past, shows a 2006RP 70 going for almost $6K by itself.

Link

It's sales like this that drive the sealed boxes to the moon.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sets currently Being Auctioned On eBay >>

The one ending soonest ...the 5 Sets over 3K the highest bidder has a feedback of 1. >>

Not anymore! image
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cancel box is gone. Anyone else notice that? I thought they would delay shipment to verify order compliance like they have in the past. Looks like these will actually ship next week.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My cancel box is gone. Anyone else notice that? I thought they would delay shipment to verify order compliance like they have in the past. Looks like these will actually ship next week. >>

Mine is still there, what time was your order placed?

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cancel box is gone. Anyone else notice that? I thought they would delay shipment to verify order compliance like they have in the past.

What ship date are they giving you? My cancel box is gone, but my ship date is 11/12/11 - which is consistant with being on the waiting list, I think (since the original ship date was supposed to be 11/10/11).
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    this buyer $3450 could have saved $100 using BIN.

$3350
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Boy, talk about heat of the bid!
    Poor soul maybe got caught up in the moment and lost his/her head!

edited for spelling.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>Boy, talk about heat of the bid!
    Poor soul maybe got caught up in the moment and lost his/her head!
    >>

I concur. I've done the same thing myself a more than a few times.
  • Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    If I just enter the order number etc. On track order, there is no cancel box. If i look up my order info on my account, it shows the cancel box.
  • Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    Cancel box still intact. 2:58 est order.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crap, maybe I'm on the wait list and didn't know it. When did the wait list go into effect?
  • Options

<< <i>If I just enter the order number etc. On track order, there is no cancel box. If i look up my order info on my account, it shows the cancel box. >>

If you are not logged into the Mint site and just check your order using the name and number, no cancel box will be shown. It prevents the unscrupulous from messing with your order.
  • Options

<< <i>Crap, maybe I'm on the wait list and didn't know it. When did the wait list go into effect? >>

4:34p
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<unscrupulous>>?

Who us?
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>And at what price would you consider opening your sealed box of 5 and selling them individually? >>

when the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

and id get to look at them all.
    and keep 1 set for myself. image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options

<< <i><<unscrupulous>>?

Who us? >>

I'm sure that nobody here would stoop that low but we have an internet full of crazy and mean people and there are bound to be some who would delight in messing up somebodies order.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << And at what price would you consider opening your sealed box of 5 and selling them individually? >>

Actually, I only ask because placing a sealed set of 5 on eBay makes me more than a little nervous, especially if somebody with little or no feedback buys it and then claims that what was supposed to be inside the box actually wasn't.

And I can only imagine how eBay would side with the buyer.

At least by selling them individually, you might not maximize your profit but you'd be spreading your risk around a bit.

And PS...I'm not planning to flip... but I've been thinking on how a flip could go wrong.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><< And at what price would you consider opening your sealed box of 5 and selling them individually? >>

Actually, I only ask because placing a sealed set of 5 on eBay makes me more than a little nervous, especially if somebody with little or no feedback buys it and then claims that what was supposed to be inside the box actually wasn't.

At least by selling them individually, you might not maximize your profit but you'd be spreading your risk around a bit.

And PS...I'm not planning to flip... but I've been thinking on how a flip could go wrong. >>

Get them graded first...less chance of possible problems.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dang! I shoulda bought one! I'm in the minority, I know, but bullion just doesn't grab me. >>

"I guess I didn't see anything here that was of meaning to me . . are they sold in Doilies????????

Aren't they 2011 bullion??????????

Drunner"

Don't ya love the "Oh $hit I missed it" Johnny-come-lately bashers.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><< And at what price would you consider opening your sealed box of 5 and selling them individually? >>

And PS...I'm not planning to flip... but I've been thinking on how a flip could go wrong. >>

Get them graded first...less chance of possible problems. >>

I agree with you, OPA. Fully.
    There is a gamble to both sides. I have done both with the 2006 annv sets and with other flips as well.

Selling unopened on ebay can leave you worried for a bit (esp if it is a very high price and a low feedback bidder or just dodgy feeling).
    Going with the other route, however, these days you NEED the 70s in order to score, the 69s in order to break even (almost before the grading fees even), and anything less, well, it was better raw and you just lost on the fees. So, depending on PCGS' final decision on what they will allow for 1st strike, it could be a bit of money, or a boatload of money (getting the grading, postage, label fees)

So, both are a gamble but the PCGS one is a safer gamble (though, that is part of what drives the sealed set prices up....speculation and gambling by others that they will get the 70s)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    That 6K coin posted earlier now goes for $660

The 2011 Reverse Proof will never be a $6K coin. With only 40% mintage of the 2006 Reverse Proof I think it will settle down to around $1K range. The lower mintage will help it. but there will thousands of these 70s out there. Now the S minted coin will be totally different. It will be the third lowest mintage of the entire ASE Bullion Program after the 1995 W(30,100) and reverse of the 2007(45-50K mintage). It may not mature and stablilize for several years.
  • Options
    JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭

<< <i>That 6K coin posted earlier now goes for $660

The 2011 Reverse Proof will never be a $6K coin. With only 40% mintage of the 2006 Reverse Proof I think it will settle down to around $1K range. The lower mintage will help it. but there will thousands of these 70s out there. Now the S minted coin will be totally different. It will be the third lowest mintage of the entire ASE Bullion Program after the 1995 W(30,100) and reverse of the 2007(45-50K mintage). It may not mature and stablilize for several years. >>

unless they sell a single s mint coin 7 days after the last set has been received.

They sold the unc. 2006w as a single after the sets were sold.

Just sayin...

• Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Single set on ebay ending in about an hour:

$1500 presell

Even more impressive is the 3376 page views.

Why is this auction price double the others? He doesn't even indicate it will be in a sealed Mint box.

What am I missing here?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying, whether intentional or not, to make a greater return market.

Maybe he doesn't want to test the fate of a sealed box with returns.

As far as increased value, from sealed or not, there appears to unique bidders in this auction.

The market on these sets is moving QUICK! Quicker than I anticipated. Many on this forum were predicting a week or more to sell-out.

Few thought it would take this little time, so........

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Single set on ebay ending in about an hour:

$1500 presell

Why is this auction price double the others? He doesn't even indicate it will be in a sealed Mint box.

What am I missing here? >>

he got lucky with this listingimage
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Single set on ebay ending in about an hour:

$1500 presell

What am I missing here? >>

he got lucky with this listingimage >>

He'll be even luckier if he actually gets paid image
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

What's really scarey is that this was a 1 day listing!

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Well, I won't say anything if it were a BIN, but the high bidder is also appears to be the high bidder on the other two ending later today as well (640)...and has 70% bid activity with the seller...It just looks funny, and I'd expect a 640 to be perhaps smart enought to snag a obviously lower BIN...I see no frills or added punch with that listing...It's not like it's a order at 12:01 or something...hmmmm
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to order 5 sets and even I'm getting sick of the hype. It's almost as bad as this stupid My Little Pony phase a lot of my 30+ year old friends are going though. I mean, Rainbow Dash is cool but I'm not going to run out and buy a stuffed plush toy of her.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if it might have something to do with the fact this seller offers tracking from the.mint to his house and so on. That way it appears the buyer is reassured this is a real sale from the mint.
  • Options

<< <i>What's really scarey is that this was a 1 day listing! >>

Something smells fishy in Beaver, West Virginia! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file