Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    TomthecoinguyTomthecoinguy Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is there a way to buy these coins that have not been picked through? >>

The only 100% sure way I know of is to buy a sealed monster box from one of the APs. >>

Hello:

As you can see this is my first post. I have been following this thread since December, but never really felt like I had anything unique to contribute. Now I fell like I do so I thought I would share.

I agree the only way to make sure the coins are not searched by an AP is to buy a sealed monster box. So that is what I did! I have a monster box of Gettysburg Pucks scheduled to arrive today. I am really excited.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomimage

That's pretty cool. Who did you order it from?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    How many pucks are in a monster box?
  • Options
    I also will never buy from Gainesville Coin who Hunt wants us to buy from now. I am a former customer of Gainesville, but I will never buy from them again.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Got my Jack Hunt set ten minutes ago. One Mt. Hood PCGS First Strike Gem BU, one Yellowstone NGC Early Release MS69, the rest raw with various degrees of hairlining.

No complaints. I got what I paid for, at about $38 per ounce when silver was over $40.

TD >>

No complaints? Jack sold all of your other ones for 1800 a piece still no complaints? the coins you and i should have gotten Enjoyimage >>

Neither the world nor Jack Hunt owes me a living. I was offered five uncirculated bullion coins at less than melt. I got that. Why is heavens name would I have a complaint.

I repeat: Neither the world nor Jack Hunt owes me a living.

TD >>

If you want to jump on this thread once in awhile and post your moronic viewpoint you are certainly entitled but to those of us that have spent months following this thread expect and deserve a chance to get an unmolested set. It is called honesty and integretity. You can continue to hide behind bullion, melt, etc but it has nothing to do with a living.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

<< <i>How many pucks are in a monster box? >>

There are 100, 10 tubes with 10 in each tube. So there is a total of 500 oz in a box.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    Tom,
    Keeping it sealed, open to grade?

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How many pucks are in a monster box? >>

There are 100, 10 tubes with 10 in each tube. So there is a total of 500 oz in a box. >>

Welcome to the boards and good luck on your great purchase. I wish I could afford to do that.
  • Options
    "Tomthecoinguy" best of luck to ya, it would be great to get your input after you go "carefully" thru the whole box.
  • Options

<< <i>Tom,
    Keeping it sealed, open to grade? >>

I'm going to open it, and will sell off some unsearched rolls on e-bay. I have already sold one of the rolls in a pre-sale, and some individual coins. I also setup at coin shows so I hope to sell a bunch there. I'm thinking I will be one of the few, probably only dealer with the Gettysburg pucks at the shows I go to.

I'm small time, so I had to partner with a friend to afford one box, he also has ebay skills I don't. We decided that the Gettysburg would probably sell better than Glacer. What do you guys think? Did we make the right decision? Which do you guys think will be more popular. I think Gettysburg is a more popular park, but I like the Glacier design better.
  • Options
    I'm on the east coast, mid-atlantic area, so I'm partial to Gettysburg. Especially with the history aspect that surrounds me. The bigger concern may be the price of silver and people afraid to buy until things settle down.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the Gettysburg choice between the 2.
    Don't discount the BST board on this site to move some either.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>I also will never buy from Gainesville Coin who Hunt wants us to buy from now. I am a former customer of Gainesville, but I will never buy from them again. >>

Care to share why? If not on here please PM me.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I also will never buy from Gainesville Coin who Hunt wants us to buy from now. I am a former customer of Gainesville, but I will never buy from them again. >>

Care to share why? If not on here please PM me. >>

Guilt by association.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    My APMEX order status went from vault B to ordered pulled. Anyone else?
  • Options

<< <i> I am glad that you both feel that way, I have worked over 30 years as a cement mason, so i really don't undertand what your talking about, They signed a agreement with the mint to sell all 3700 to the public they did not do this. Why do you think this has anything to do with money? It has to do with honesty, I don't know what you guys do for a living but if what jack did was ok by you, than your welcome to your opinion, but for the rest of us that really understand what they did you have to be crazy to think this is about them oweing me anything. JACK HUNT kept the 69dm and sold them for 1900 and up and thats just the yellowstones lets watch the rest of there stash go up later. Jack doesn't owe me anything but a good explanation as to why they sold yours and mine coins out the back door and against the MINTS RULES. So if you don't want to fight for the group thats fine, and if you really believe what jack did is ok well again your entitled to your opinion and good luck on collecting this series. ...............Enjoyimage >>

Excellent post, Tommy! image
  • Options

<< <i>My APMEX order status went from vault B to ordered pulled. Anyone else? >>

Mine is still showing "vault B"...
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "printed waiting to ship"
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My APMEX order status went from vault B to ordered pulled. Anyone else? >>

Yep just checked mine says pulled too. It also says to send payment but that checks been cashed for weeks....image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Yep just checked mine says pulled too. It also says to send payment but that checks been cashed for weeks....image >>

The rep i spoke to yesterday told me that they are expected to ship on the 13th of this month.
    When you say Pulled and asking you for payment. Did they pull it from Vault B meaning to ship to the buyer or pulled due to what they thought was a non payment? (even though you paid already)
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    My order status has now gone from order pulled to order double checked.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"printed waiting to ship" >>

Yeah, but it can have that and still be marked as "in vault B" ..... click on the order number to see ...

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Man CnT sent Pony Express. Shipped on 4-27. Got to be the last leg of the pony rides. Hopefully today.
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My APMEX order status says: "Order double checked"

Whatever that means....

• Options

<< <i>My order status has now gone from order pulled to order double checked. >>

Once they triple dog dare check it, it will go to vault C for a two month quarantine period. Then if it passes the lice head check they are yours!
  • Options
    Took the plunge and bought the 2011 Pair from Gainsville today. $475 shipped using CC. Not too shabby.
  • Options

<< <i>My APMEX order status says: "Order double checked"

Whatever that means.... >>

They ran out of space as the full sentence says, "Order double checked to make sure no DMPL69s included" image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My order status has now gone from order pulled to order double checked. >>

Once they triple dog dare check it, it will go to vault C for a two month quarantine period. Then if it passes the lice head check they are yours! >>

Nice explanation!

On a serious note, APMEX said (had a conversation today) that they have received coins from 'the Grading Company' earlier than expected. So expect shipping earlier than 13th.

• Options
    APMEX order status changed to: "Order Wrapped". Looks like they're finally moving on these things.
  • Options
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    Sweet

Get my graded morgans back from PCGS today, the lost MO JH come tomorrow, I get my grades on the Ebay MTB set hopefully by Friday, receive them next week, apmex should be here next week, P pucks may be here next week,

and it's not even Christmas yet image
  • Options

<< <i>Sweet

Get my graded morgans back from PCGS today, the lost MO JH come tomorrow, I get my grades on the Ebay MTB set hopefully by Friday, receive them next week, apmex should be here next week, P pucks may be here next week,

and it's not even Christmas yet image >>

That's a busy week!!
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My APMEX order status says: "Order double checked"

Whatever that means.... >>

They ran out of space as the full sentence says, "Order double checked to make sure no DMPL69s included" image >>

image Figures! That is what my status says...
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see that APMEX has listed that they are out of stock on both the 2011 pucks.
  • Options

<< <i>I see that APMEX has listed that they are out of stock on both the 2011 pucks. >>

Out of stock until the spot price goes back up....image
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I see that APMEX has listed that they are out of stock on both the 2011 pucks. >>

Out of stock until the spot price goes back up....image >>

Agreed. Either that or they must have had quite a run this morning, as I checked late yesterday and they had over 7,000 sets available!

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Apmex is selling again $482 for check or wire. Tempting. But waiting for silver to hit $30 again if I buy these raw. Have one set ordered from Amark already.
  • Options
    We are pleased to inform you that your order #XXXXXX from APMEX has been shipped via UPS (United Parcel Service).

Woo-hoo..... they escaped from the B-vault.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>We are pleased to inform you that your order #XXXXXX from APMEX has been shipped via UPS (United Parcel Service).

Woo-hoo..... they escaped from the B-vault. >>

Yeah, I see that email too. Checking my tracking number, my shipment has progressed as far as -

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Label Created On:
    05/04/2011

Adult Signature Required
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>We are pleased to inform you that your order #XXXXXX from APMEX has been shipped via UPS (United Parcel Service).

Woo-hoo..... they escaped from the B-vault. >>

Yeah, I see that email too. Checking my tracking number, my shipment has progressed as far as -

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Label Created On:
    05/04/2011

Adult Signature Required >>

What were your order dates/times? Mine still stuck in vault B!
  • Options

<< <i>What were your order dates/times? Mine still stuck in vault B! >>

I was an Apmex second rounder, 4/15/11.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What were your order dates/times? Mine still stuck in vault B! >>

I was an Apmex second rounder, 4/15/11. >>

Ditto
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    mine says "order pulled". order date was 4/15.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    My APMEX order says the same:

Order ID: XXXXXXX Order Date: 4/15/2011 Order Status: Order Pulled
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>APMEX order status changed to: "Order Wrapped". Looks like they're finally moving on these things. >>

Hey, I thought you were joking but mine says the same thing...image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Out of stock until the spot price goes back up....image >>

Agreed. Either that or they must have had quite a run this morning, as I checked late yesterday and they had over 7,000 sets available! >>

No way did they sell out...they had 7200 left this AM. I suspect they are waiting for silver to bounce back, before they put them back up for sale.

BTW I just got online with APMEX & they are back in stock at $481 per set.

APMEX 2011 ATB
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    It's been a while since I've been here. How much was the original price from Apmex?
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    Holy Cow! Apmex order updated -

Scheduled Delivery:
    Friday, 05/06/2011, By End of Day

Last Location:
    Oklahoma City, OK, United States, Wednesday, 05/04/2011

Adult Signature Required
  • Options
    I place my Apmex order on the 13th, they received my check on the 15th...still in vault B...I don't like vault B, let me OUT!!!!!!!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Silver continues its wild ride today. The G&G set is down to $509 a pair on Provident.

Provident

Really tempting to pick up some. >>

$460 now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file