Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>My consignors want to know why I need to now sell their coins for a fraction of what they were worth a few weeks ago. I tell them that it appears that a couple weeks ago something like 600 or 700 MS69DMPL coins appeared on the pop report in a SINGLE week destroying the pops on most of these pop top 69DMPL coins. They ask me who could possibly have enough coins to submit to get 600 or 700 MS69DMPL including roughly (150)-(200) Yellowstone MS69DMPL's in a single reporting period!! Now, that would be idol speculation on my part.

Wondercoin >>

I'm sure the answer as to "who" will be revealed at some point in the near future.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I think there needs to be more info about when pop's get updated.

Is it real time? I'm not so sure.

I mentioned on another thread a while ago---- in the past the pop's for bulk grade either never hit the pop's or hit the pop's at a later date.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Jack Hunt has to be put on the bad boyzz list, How can this company have GRADED COINS? It has already been reported of one person getting 3 NGC slabs and 2 Not. Also Its funny that they have promised the Lost 25 PCGS slabs in 68? Does anyone else that have ordered from them see a problem with them having some graded? Either ALL the coins are graded OR they should all be RAW, how can they have Both? Also funny how some graded NGC and others pcgs. Theres way more questions than answers with Jack.................image >>

I have a Jack Hunt set to be del'd tomorrow. Will report what shows up at that time. I'll take a set of NGC 69's if that what shows up. I'm actually expecting 5 crappy raw pucks!
  • Options
    JWMGT90JWMGT90 Posts: 303 ✭✭
    Sent a check to Apmex. Got del confirm on Saturday, they still stay they don't have it anybody else encounter this?
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Well, I was just starting to suffer from puck withdraw as I have all these orders out with no updates, no confirmations, checks cashed...AGGG...Just checked the tracking on my JHCB set and wala....Apr 19, 2011 7:44 AMOn FedEx vehicle for deliveryLAKE ORION, MI

But of course, Nobodys Home...image

Edit, I had the orig ship date of 4/4 sitting at initiated with nothing for days...

CNT cashed my check but I'm sure they did say something about holding it for a # of days...Does CNT update with a shipping confirm tracking at some point?

Fidelitrade I think I missed that boat, not entirely but I did send off a late order likely received by them on 4/11, but alas I think they are or were sold out at that point. No receipt of correspondence, no nothing...

Apmex $ mailed out Saturday...the wait remains...
  • Options
    Just received my two Jack Hunt sets yesterday. Each box had a NGC MS69 ER Yosemite, Yellowstone and Mt Hood. They have the NGC dealer labels which are nicer then the generics IMO. The Hot Springs and Grand Canyon were raw but look really good. Pretty happy with these coins.
  • Options

<< <i>Just received my two Jack Hunt sets yesterday. Each box had a NGC MS69 ER Yosemite, Yellowstone and Mt Hood. They have the NGC dealer labels which are nicer then the generics IMO. The Hot Springs and Grand Canyon were raw but look really good. Pretty happy with these coins. >>

Was there any problem with your order $ getting lost or is that just what they Sent out?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just received my two Jack Hunt sets yesterday. Each box had a NGC MS69 ER Yosemite, Yellowstone and Mt Hood. They have the NGC dealer labels which are nicer then the generics IMO. The Hot Springs and Grand Canyon were raw but look really good. Pretty happy with these coins. >>

Was there any problem with your order $ getting lost or is that just what they Sent out? >>

No problems at all - thats just what they sent me. BTW you can rock the box and feel the slabs sliding back and forth in case anyone is debating opening the box or just selling sealed.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok My Brother got his set yesterday NONE were graded and all were Junk, Now I realize there is luck of the draw with all these Ap"s BUT To send some people raw coins and others Graded coins Is Total BS. Guess will wait to see what others report, but as far as I can See It pretty much shows That there not Playing fair, Oh well I will try to let it go................congrats to those who do get the holders...............image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>Fidelitrade I think I missed that boat, not entirely but I did send off a late order likely received by them on 4/11, but alas I think they are or were sold out at that point. No receipt of correspondence, no nothing. >>

I received squat from them for my order sent on 3/26 so I called and they said the set would be delivered by the end of this month...no email anything...

So don't think you are toast with Fidelitrade yet image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

With them having all those graded coins that they now have to get rid of somehow it shows me that

they did cherrypick them without doubt. They must have had buyers for most of the good ones and now

just have to get rid of what is left so they can get the 2011's.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With them having all those graded coins that they now have to get rid of somehow it shows me that

they did cherrypick them without doubt. They must have had buyers for most of the good ones and now

just have to get rid of what is left so they can get the 2011's. >>

Such a dirty thing to do.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>According to the PCGS price guide my Yellowstone MS69DM is worth $2250.....lol. I thought PL would be worth more then DM but after looking at the PCGS prices it looks the other way around...for example my Yosemite MS68PL is listed as $575 and the MS68DM is $650. >>

Why would you think PL would be worth more than DMPL? DMPL is the superior designation. Deep Mirror Proof Like (DMPL) beats Proof Like (PL) every time!image >>

Hell I wish I was talking about DMPL, I didn't get a single grade of DMPL image but I had thought PL would be worth more then DM. >>

Why/How do ppl keep making this mistake?.... THERE ISN'T SUCH A THING AS (A PLAIN) DM. DM = DMPL! Deep Mirrors are (by default) Proof Like.

Aron >>

Please slap me in the face. So in hindsight I had good grades considering I sent in all 15 Coins. >>

No slap needed.
    It's just shocking to me that ppl send in coins, and pay money - without checking or cherry picking, and not even knowing what are the possible outcomes! Even if this were a lotto - i wouldn't buy a ticket unless i knew some sort of odds - how many numbers selected + how many numbers to choose from etc.
    And FYI - those are not good grades. If not for the Yel69DMPL they would be horrible grades, and including it they were fair at best. When cherry picking these coins for submission, there shouldn't be a reason you don't get 50-60% 69's and rest 68's (5% or less of 67 or under). With respects to DMPL, PL, and plain MS - that depends on the bunch but based on my numbers historically - 50-60% DMPL, 35- 40% PL and maybe 10% MS (most of which were Grand Canyons).
    Congrads though on the Yel69DMPL score - def paid for them all.

- Aron >>

Well I agree it was a rookie mistake to send in all 15 of my raw coins. I didn't cherry pick, those are 2 sets from FideliTrade, 1 of which my co worker handled with his fingers, and the other set was from MTB.

I had originally planned on keeping all for the next 5 to 10 years but I might try and sell the Yellowstone MS69DMPL on Ebay as others have suggested. What do you all think about selling the Yellowstone?

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

<< <i>With them having all those graded coins that they now have to get rid of somehow it shows me that

No wonder it took them so long to start filling orders!image
  • Options
    Cakes - if you believe the pops report, then at some point the DM yellows will show up for sale. Having been looking for weeks like I have, I can tell you that there have been very few put up for sale since mid March. The reports show Yos and GC having fewer 69DMs but you see them available.
  • Options

<< <i>

Such a dirty thing to do. >>

AS well as unethical....... BoooOOOO JH !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    They should offer buy backs if cherry picking of this degree occurred, this is to much.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any knowledge of the PB order process? I have rec'd no word from them about my order. I'll be glad when the puck madness ends. I'm sick of jumping thru hoops, being ignored and putting up with such pathetic customer service!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Was there any problem with your order $ getting lost or is that just what they Sent out? >>

No problems at all - thats just what they sent me. BTW you can rock the box and feel the slabs sliding back and forth in case anyone is debating opening the box or just selling sealed. >>

hey, if I bring the box with me to work, I wonder if I can just throw it in the xray machine and see whats inside? I've always wanted to do that...image
  • Options

<< <i>Cakes - if you believe the pops report, then at some point the DM yellows will show up for sale. Having been looking for weeks like I have, I can tell you that there have been very few put up for sale since mid March. The reports show Yos and GC having fewer 69DMs but you see them available. >>

I looked at the reports and they are out there, just not on ebay. I could sell that one coin and back fill some of my missing coins to make a couple sets. I guess my dream of a MS69DMPL master set is all but gone. I guess I will have to settle for a MS68DMPL master set. I do have 2 of the slabbed sets from Amark but I really can't afford to get them graded right now. As always thanks to all for the help in my first attempt at grades. I really need to get some of sports cards graded also.......image

• Options
    HawgstickHawgstick Posts: 240 ✭✭

<< <i>JHCB should offer buy backs if cherry picking of this degree occurred this is to much. >>

I will buy it back if hunt does not, how much did you pay for 25 oz silver?
    BST Transactions;
    Seller- thebigeng; morgansforever; bolivarshagnasty
    Buyer-nibanny; derryb; zubie; smittys; konsole; tootawl; socalbigmark; fullcameo; coinkid855
  • Options
    Man I hope my air tites come in today. Have opened one set of JHCB's and nice all raw. Two sets waiting to open until air tites arrive. What could be in those boxes?
  • Options
    Does DG send tracking info when shipped?
  • Options
    YUP, my neighbor received an email a few days ago, UPS tracking says delivery today...Have another buddy wired the same day and he's heard nada...BTW the Wires were done on 4/12

EDIT: My buddy did not receive an email from DG, but UPS tried to deliver his box yesterday!!!
  • Options
    I am still waiting too. I wired them the money a week ago Monday and the only thing I got when I called them was a very rude person that

said it was posted online to wait 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.

Most of these ap's are so sick of answering questions about these pucks they are not cool with customers at all.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does DG send tracking info when shipped? >>

A cashiers check cleared and got the coins in a week.

Personal check, cashed 4/4, still waiting. But, I see it's cashed, so just gotta wait it out.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>JHCB should offer buy backs if cherry picking of this degree occurred this is to much. >>

I will buy it back if hunt does not, how much did you pay for 25 oz silver? >>

JHCB clearly stated the "coins are sold as bullion" and "are in no way represented as numismatic material." Just blows my mind that someone would even suggest a forced return and buy-back based on the quality of the bullion they bought for around $100 under melt.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

JHCB clearly stated the "coins are sold as bullion" and "are in no way represented as numismatic material." Just blows my mind that someone would even suggest a forced return and buy-back based on the quality of the bullion they bought for around $100 under melt. >>

Than why did they have coins graded? No Way represented as numusmatic material? Again I ask why did they have them graded than? Also I can understand how those that are getting pcgs or ngc coins are happy But can you not see the other side of the coin? image

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    HawgstickHawgstick Posts: 240 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

JHCB clearly stated the "coins are sold as bullion" and "are in no way represented as numismatic material." Just blows my mind that someone would even suggest a forced return and buy-back based on the quality of the bullion they bought for around $100 under melt. >>

Than why did they have coins graded? No Way represented as numusmatic material? Again I ask why did they have them graded than? Also I can understand how those that are getting pcgs or ngc coins are happy But can you not see the other side of the coin? image >>

I see the other side. Jack Hunt should be held accountable.....BUT.....I'm not sending my 3 crappy sets back when I got such a great deal!
    BST Transactions;
    Seller- thebigeng; morgansforever; bolivarshagnasty
    Buyer-nibanny; derryb; zubie; smittys; konsole; tootawl; socalbigmark; fullcameo; coinkid855
  • Options
    and that's the rub, where does JH state that you may or may not receive graded slabbed pieces? What was their intention when they had them graded? It just opens a can of worms that the US Mint should make them answer.
  • Options

<< <i>and that's the rub, where does JH state that you may or may not receive graded slabbed pieces? What was their intention when they had them graded? It just opens a can of worms that the US Mint should make them answer. >>

What part of " the US mint does not care" don't you understand?
  • Options

<< <i>and that's the rub, where does JH state that you may or may not receive graded slabbed pieces? What was their intention when they had them graded? It just opens a can of worms that the US Mint should make them answer. >>

image I have never suggested a buyback all I was trying to point out was that Jack Hunt was not playing fair. Your right I didn't lose a dime But its still not right that some get graded sets while others get raw.image Did we all not pay the same price?

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭
    Hearing the population reports were greatly changed last week, is it possible (ok per rules) that someone post the PCGS top grade populations here?
    I saw the report on the 68's few pages back. looking for the 69's and all variations. thanks in advance.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone have any knowledge of the PB order process? I have rec'd no word from them about my order. I'll be glad when the puck madness ends. I'm sick of jumping thru hoops, being ignored and putting up with such pathetic customer service!!!! >>

I'm not sure of the process but my friend call them this morning and is going through it now.
    I decided not to. They told him they still have sets left today, but not tomorrow.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Yes buy back was the wrong response. They should be held accountable. I am sure the mint didn't intend for them or any of the other AP`s to keep the best coins and send the bad coins to the public,they wanted the AP`s to be fair. And thats all I expect out of the AP`s. Look at all the stink AMPEX got just for slow selling. Be that pricing or cherry picking a pucking is a pucking. I also would rather have the chance of getting some 69`s ( high graded ) coins than that $100 profit from 30 year high melt. Most people bought these coins for the numismatic value along with the melt.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hearing the population reports were greatly changed last week, is it possible (ok per rules) that someone post the PCGS top grade populations here?
    I saw the report on the 68's few pages back. looking for the 69's and all variations. thanks in advance. >>

not posting the pop reports is an unwritten rule.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just told the PCGS pop on the Yellowstone MS69DMPL is now 424!!! Wasn't this the key coin a couple weeks back with a PCGS pop of around 50 or less? If I recall correctly, this would mean close to 350-375 MS69DMPL Yellowstone coins were recently slabbed.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes buy back was the wrong response. They should be held accountable. I am sure the mint didn't intend for JHCB or any of the other AP`s to keep the best coins and send the bad coins to the public,they wanted the AP`s to be fair. And thats all I expect out of the AP`s. Look at all the stink AMPEX got just for slow selling. Be that pricing or cherry picking a pucking is a pucking. I also would rather have the chance of getting some 69`s ( high graded ) coins than that $100 profit from 30 year high melt. Most people bought these coins for the numismatic value along with the melt. >>

They are bullion, anyone buying for numismatic value is taking a chance.

the big issue I see is that apparently they didn't have these graded after the mistake, but they seemed to have graded by 2 grading and able to be shipped out very quickly to those ordering around the same time as when they promised PCGS 68's to people.

If it were my decision, I'd be audting them just based on this.

But the Mint is playing hear no evil, see no evil, and definitely speak no evil.

If tGC's actions and remarks didn't cause them to get audited, then nothing will.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Looks like another jump in POP`s yellow stone 424DMpl,yosemite 337 DMPL, grand canyon 163 DMPL, hot spring 828 DMpl, mount hood 338 DMPL
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> ..... I have never suggested a buyback all I was trying to point out was that Jack Hunt was not playing fair. Your right I didn't lose a dime But its still not right that some get graded sets while others get raw. Did we all not pay the same price? >>

Kind of reminds me of the biblical story I heard in church as a kid. The one about the vineyard owner hiring laborers. He hired some in the morning to work all day for a set amount. Then he went out at lunch time & did the same thing. At the end of the day he paid all the workers equally. The ones hired in the early morning complained. Rather poignant, being Easter week & all. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Yes buy back was the wrong response. They should be held accountable. I am sure the mint didn't intend for JHCB or any of the other AP`s to keep the best coins and send the bad coins to the public,they wanted the AP`s to be fair. And thats all I expect out of the AP`s. Look at all the stink AMPEX got just for slow selling. Be that pricing or cherry picking a pucking is a pucking. I also would rather have the chance of getting some 69`s ( high graded ) coins than that $100 profit from 30 year high melt. Most people bought these coins for the numismatic value along with the melt. >>

Everyone's taking a chance but when the coins "may" already have been picked through it's like buying a lottery ticket when the drawing was last month...

Oh Ya, will Silver Hit $44 today, last check was $43.87.....
  • Options
    ??? they are bullion anyone buying for numismatic reasons are taking a chance... Any one buy bullion at 30 year highs are taking a MUCH BIGGER chance.
  • Options
    I called Prudential Bache today and talked to the gal who has to get all the buyers into a spreadsheet by a certain time. My account was opened yesterday! PB received my stuff last Thursday. She said my check will be deposited tomorrow and Diamond State Depository will send me something no later than 4 - 6 weeks but probably sooner to send the shipping payment check back to Diamond State so they can send me my set.

I take back all the bad stuff I said about PB, now that they are the last AP. image
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Gettting cherrypicked coins takes a bit of the fun out of these. Though I don't feel like I can complain too much because of the spot price. The Mint doesn't want to deal with these. All we can do is buy from the folks who appeared to do fair sales in the future.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>Looks like another jump in POP`s yellow stone 424DMpl,yosemite 337 DMPL, grand canyon 163 DMPL, hot spring 828 DMpl, mount hood 338 DMPL >>

Man....look at the GCs... Very little pop jump with those. Nice bottleneck!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    I've read all the discussion about the lost orders and the MS 68 replacement plan, I read another post that someone got the NGC 69s, etc.

Another forum's ATB thread reports a guy ordered for his dad and his dad received "5 PCGS slabs ranging from Gem BU to PCGS MS68DMPL and 69PL"

Man, what is going on @ JH? Pretty goofy!
  • Options

<< <i>I've read all the discussion about the lost orders and the MS 68 replacement plan, I read another post that someone got the NGC 69s, etc.

Another forum's ATB thread reports a guy ordered for his dad and his dad received "5 PCGS slabs ranging from Gem BU to PCGS MS68DMPL and 69PL"

Man, what is going on @ JH? Pretty goofy! >>

Sounds to me that JH was not only cherry picking, but they must have "arranged" for their "Family & friends" to get the 69 DMPL coins otherwise why cherry pick?
  • Options
    So.....JH "found" my money order and cashed it! This after I already paid $5 for the inquiry with the USPS and sent them a personal check for the PCGS 68s. Now I don't know what to expect. Its enroute via my original FedEx tracking number. They did say that they would send the personal check back with a $50 check for my inconvience. I wonder what will be in my box.
  • Options
    johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭

<< <i>Looks like another jump in POP`s yellow stone 424DMpl,yosemite 337 DMPL, grand canyon 163 DMPL, hot spring 828 DMpl, mount hood 338 DMPL >>

Did 69 PL numbers also jump, or was this isolated to just the DMPL's (which would be odd, but so is all of this...)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file