Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Makes me wonder if they had some graded for their best customers and just distributed the last ones that were not used to get rid of them. How fortunate for those who got them. Probably represents $250 worth of grading fees for us mortals and you get the silver at below melt.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Well, I'm gonna open the darn thing...reports in a few minutes...
  • Options
    Couldn't take it anymore, I'm gettin' itchy fingers. I'm waitin' on the Coins and Things set, the Jack Hunt set, have my other three getting graded, (they all looked good to me) and I gave in and ordered a Prudential set. At $44 dollars an ounce it seems like a no brainer but who knows, my first 3 sets were really nice, only 3 had the tiniest marks around the edges, definitely had some DMPLs. Maybe my luck will hold, maybe not. The Jack Hunt thing is a bit weird to say the least, they tell us they're bullion and then send them off for grading....makes you wonder. Cherry picking? Has anyone got a Jack Hunt that looks DMPL 69, or did they all disappear as pretty bullion?
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>Makes me wonder if they had some graded for their best customers and just distributed the last ones that were not used to get rid of them. How fortunate for those who got them. Probably represents $250 worth of grading fees for us mortals and you get the silver at below melt. >>

I agree.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    Well I'll be: The weight alone was a sure thing:

All PCGS

GC-BU

MH 68PL

YelloS-68 DMPL

YO-69-PL

HS-68DMPL

Now I can definately buy some water!!! Thanks Bill

• Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well I'll be: The weight alone was a sure thing:

All PCGS

GC-BU

MH 68PL

YelloS-68 DMPL

YO-69-PL

HS-68DMPL

Now I can definately buy some water!!! Thanks Bill

image >>

Awesome! Congrats!! I'm gonna weigh mine soon! I just hope my scale goes that high!

-Paul
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    No luck for me...Not that much play and 2.3 pounds according to my bathroom scale. image

-Paul
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Couldn't take it anymore, I'm gettin' itchy fingers. I'm waitin' on the Coins and Things set, the Jack Hunt set, have my other three getting graded, (they all looked good to me) and I gave in and ordered a Prudential set. At $44 dollars an ounce it seems like a no brainer but who knows, my first 3 sets were really nice, only 3 had the tiniest marks around the edges, definitely had some DMPLs. Maybe my luck will hold, maybe not. The Jack Hunt thing is a bit weird to say the least, they tell us they're bullion and then send them off for grading....makes you wonder. Cherry picking? Has anyone got a Jack Hunt that looks DMPL 69, or did they all disappear as pretty bullion? >>

My Jack Hunt's were in the first batch - the bubble-wrapped envelopes. Three of them were strong 68 or 69 DMPLs and are currently in the grading process, the other two were dogs and were sold raw. Like I've said before, it's all just luck of the draw...
  • Options
    Took a quick pic including packaging...Fedex label said 2.0 LB, my scale Box weighed 3LB 14.2 oz...Thanks again Bill!!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    13000+

I'm waiting on 3 sets, 1 is hopefully PB.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    PB sent my application back.

So here's a heads up for everyone, unless I'm the only one who doesn't speak "AP" language.

Apparently "By" means "Signature"

On their Account Agreement on Page 2.

Your Signature goes next to the word "By:" No sig, they'll send it back.

CUSTOMER
    By:
    Print Name:
    Date:
    Address:
    Address:
    Tel:
    Fax:
    E-Mail:

I might suggest they us the words "Sign Here" or "Signature". Unless I'm the only one in the world who doesn't know the 'By' means 'sign here''

Any way, hope that helps someone, lost a whole week there, so I'm 6 to 7 weeks. image

• Options

<< <i>PB sent my application back.

So here's a heads up for everyone, unless I'm the only one who doesn't speak "AP" language.

CUSTOMER
    By:
    Print Name:
    Date:
    Address:
    Address:
    Tel:
    Fax:
    E-Mail:

I might suggest they us the words "Sign Here" or "Signature". Unless I'm the only one in the world who doesn't know the 'By' means 'sign here''

Any way, hope that helps someone, lost a whole week there, so I'm 6 to 7 weeks. image >>

PB really doesn't want to move these things. I mean, jeez, they could call you and have you fax the stuff back. It's not difficult. Instead, you have to pony up the cost of shipping the order again. These guys are ridiculous.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    Apmex Order update, Mailed payment saturday with a 44 cent stamp:

Dear Casman ,

We are pleased to inform you that your Personal Check payment of $979.90 for order #461XXXX has been received. Since you have paid by Personal Check, we will need to wait 5-10 business days before we ship your order. Your estimated ship date is Apr 26 2011

So far so goodimage
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>PB sent my application back.

CUSTOMER
    By:
    Print Name:
    Date:
    Address:
    Address:
    Tel:
    Fax:
    E-Mail:

Any way, hope that helps someone, lost a whole week there, so I'm 6 to 7 weeks. image >>

PB really doesn't want to move these things. I mean, jeez, they could call you and have you fax the stuff back. It's not difficult. Instead, you have to pony up the cost of shipping the order again. These guys are ridiculous. >>

My buddy at work sent PB a USPS money order last week and he got all his application back today express USPS. He returned it today overnight delivery with enclosed personal check.
  • Options

<< <i>Took a quick pic including packaging...FedEx label said 2.0 LB, my scale Box weighed 3LB 14.2 oz...Thanks again Bill!! >>

**BINGO** !!

That is exactly what I got too in my 2nd JHCB Box, Cris.

There ya go with the weight difference about 1.5 lbs. to 2lbs over 2lbs.

I'll be back in my office later tonight and I will double-check the difference in the labels between the two packages.

You owe me a Disney Water. ;>
  • Options
    You got it....image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Couldn't take it anymore, I'm gettin' itchy fingers. I'm waitin' on the Coins and Things set, the Jack Hunt set, have my other three getting graded, (they all looked good to me) and I gave in and ordered a Prudential set. At $44 dollars an ounce it seems like a no brainer but who knows, my first 3 sets were really nice, only 3 had the tiniest marks around the edges, definitely had some DMPLs. Maybe my luck will hold, maybe not. The Jack Hunt thing is a bit weird to say the least, they tell us they're bullion and then send them off for grading....makes you wonder. Cherry picking? Has anyone got a Jack Hunt that looks DMPL 69, or did they all disappear as pretty bullion? >>

My Jack Hunt's were in the first batch - the bubble-wrapped envelopes. Three of them were strong 68 or 69 DMPLs and are currently in the grading process, the other two were dogs and were sold raw. Like I've said before, it's all just luck of the draw... >>

Here the luck of the draw means you get there choice of poor quality cherry picked coins (choice # 3) or PCGS mid low graded coins ( choice #2)The low grades went to sucker #3 choice#3 sorry. Or choice #1 un picked as delivered from the mint random ( SORRY choice #1 not available to Sucker (choice # 3) At least thats the way it looks from the great testimonials. I liked the 12-69`s and 3-68`s on the 3 sets my family got from A-mark sorry if others didn't grade that well but it was fair and honest. Thats what should be demanded from an AP that is representing the UNITED STATES MINT FAIR and HONEST our TAXES have paid for that right.
  • Options
    The white box that the PCGS coins came in is not the type box PCGS sends there coins back in. So they were cherry pucked and sent in to 2 tpg`s . Then the TPG`s graded ( cherry pucked) the coins. Then cherry pucked them for there different customers. These poor coins have been cherry pucked to death.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

My Jack Hunt's were in the first batch - the bubble-wrapped envelopes. Three of them were strong 68 or 69 DMPLs and are currently in the grading process, the other two were dogs and were sold raw. Like I've said before, it's all just luck of the draw... >>

Here the luck of the draw means you get there choice of poor quality cherry picked coins (choice # 3) or PCGS mid low graded coins ( choice #2)The low grades went to sucker #3 choice#3 sorry. Or choice #1 un picked as delivered from the mint random ( SORRY choice #1 not available to Sucker (choice # 3) If bought from JHCB. At least thats the way it looks from the great JHCB testimonials. I liked the 12-69`s and 3-68`s on the 3 sets my family got from A-mark sorry if others didn't grade that well but it was fair and honest. Thats what should be demanded from an AP that is representing the UNITED STATES MINT FAIR and HONEST our TAXES have paid for that right. >>

Welcome to Obama's America
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Apmex Order update, Mailed payment saturday with a 44 cent stamp:

Dear Casman ,

We are pleased to inform you that your Personal Check payment of $979.90 for order #461XXXX has been received. Since you have paid by Personal Check, we will need to wait 5-10 business days before we ship your order. Your estimated ship date is Apr 26 2011

So far so goodimage >>

Order Date: 4/13/2011 Order Status: Checked into B Vault

Not sure what "B Vault" is..... image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Glad to read the JH stuff has some slabbed coins. I'm letting the emotion build a little while I stare at 3 unopened, not weighed sets.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    I think getting a graded set has to do with what your order number was.

I was #1,280 and it was filled with the PCGS-graded Coins.

The yellow bubble-pack coins in the first batch I opened this morning had an Order # around 500~

This makes sense if you believe the cherry-picks were sent off to grade and what was left was used to fill the first orders at JHCB.

The 'last shal be first, the first shall be last' axiom was at work on this deal.
  • Options

<< <i>I think getting a graded set has to do with what your order number was.

The yellow bubble-pack coins in the first batch I opened this morning had an Order # around 500~

This makes sense if you believe the cherry-picks were sent off to grade and what was left was used to fill the first orders at JHCB.

The 'last shal be first, the first shall be last' axiom work on this deal. >>

my order # is lower than 500 and fedex will deliver my set tomorrow. i`ll post what i get tomorrow.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent Coinboy my thoughts (putting them below as well)....

I had/have order 440, but I was extremely late in sending payment to them. I was on the "send your money NOW or else lose out" list they sent out.
    Anyway, if they put the orders aside, I could be screwed if it is done by order#. however, if they let them go out in the order they received funds, and the order number, I may have been bumped way back.
    I still haven't received mine yet......(only been a week since they received the funds).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    I was low 200s ..mine are coming tomorrow too...
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was low 200s ..mine are coming tomorrow too... >>

Me too. Mid 700s. I was/am going to keep all of my sets sealed but this JH gonzo slab deployment
    is going to test that. Only because any 69PL/DM I would want to sell for the premium before it shrinks.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    it certainly appears that they cherry picked...sent in the good ones and sold the crap...then realized they don't have time to sell the slabs to individuals so they had to unload them to get ready for the next set.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Good, I was in the 700's and 1400 1500 area. Just going to let it ride till tomorrow. In a way the only bummer is I just received 25 air-tights..
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    Two things in regards to Apmex...

I sent my personal check in the first round and received a ship date of the 22nd. In checking on my order, it has been updated to "printed waiting to ship"

Also I just noticed something but it is probably just a result of JHphobia...my Apmex order says PCGS BU or better...could this mean we might received numerically graded coins?!?!!? I am sure this is just wishful thinking after the odd JH results.
  • Options
    Damn, I missed a BIN listing of a Yellowstone DMPL69 @ $850. Someone tell me I'll get another shot at one reasonably priced. image
  • Options
    Sold out, no we are not...... Dillon Gage now has NGC Gem BU sets for the price of ..... 1159.00
    If you previously ordered from them, you can not order them. I tried...
    Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all of you who ordered from Jack hunt and received a raw set May I encourage you to leave a nice message with jack. leave them a note And than after your done with leaving jack a nice message may I again encourage you to call the u.s. mint legal dept and talk to those people.The Mint Office of Legal Council (no one was in, of course) but it is the correct office and number: 202-354-7280.Now I have fought since the beginning when ampex started with there high prices, I have forwarded all articles and called when the gold center took us all for a ride, THIS IS NO DIFFERENT! It has now been proven that Jack hunt has cherry picked the coins they were suppose to release to the public, they should not be allowed to order the new ones period. For those of you getting graded coins have you noticed there are NO 69 dmpl being sent out? So while I totally feel screwed over How do the rest of you feel knowing that THIS company is going to keep all the 69dmpl and send you the crap? Yes I am Ticked off, and such is life, But if by chance you feel the same than make the phone call today................................................image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think getting a graded set has to do with what your order number was.

The 'last shal be first, the first shall be last' axiom was at work on this deal. >>

My order number was 1220 and I got all bubble wrapped MS coins, absolutely no mirrors. Must have been on the cusp of better things.

The unluck of the draw. What is it they say? "Timing is everything" whether you are in contol of the timing or not.

bumanchu

Edited for spelling yet again.
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I just sent them a blistering note.

We will see how they respond.
  • Options

<< <i>Sold out, no we are not...... Dillon Gage now has NGC Gem BU sets for the price of ..... 1159.00
    If you previously ordered from them, you can not order them. I tried... >>

This just gets crazier by the AP.
  • Options
    Well my JH order 2712 arrives today so we'll see how my roll of the dice plays out........
  • Options

<< <i>I sent Coinboy my thoughts (putting them below as well)....

I had/have order 440, but I was extremely late in sending payment to them. I was on the "send your money NOW or else lose out" list they sent out.
    Anyway, if they put the orders aside, I could be screwed if it is done by order#. however, if they let them go out in the order they received funds, and the order number, I may have been bumped way back.
    I still haven't received mine yet......(only been a week since they received the funds). >>

Hey Bochi, I was on that send the money now list, I was also very late, made it on the last possible day according to their email Think I got it there by Monday the 11th.....My order # was in the 350's...Fedex label says actual weight 2.0 LBS, but it actually weighed 3LB 14.2 oz...Now I know what they mean by Better late than never!!image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just sent them a blistering note.

We will see how they respond. >>

lots of possibilities, none good.

went from sold out to "have some graded."

first thing that comes to mind is they bought back sets that didn't sell from someone else.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I'd much rather have an honest chance at an DMPL69 puck than a slabbed coin with no chance for a DMPL69.
  • Options
    Update for Dillon Gage: They are shipping some with advance email notice & some without...Had 2 buddies both wired on the April 12th, both attempted delivery yesterday...
  • Options
    Man, Prudential Bache ain't messing around. My check cleared yesterday!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Here the luck of the draw means you get there choice of poor quality cherry picked coins (choice # 3) or PCGS mid low graded coins ( choice #2)The low grades went to sucker #3 choice#3 sorry. Or choice #1 un picked as delivered from the mint random ( SORRY choice #1 not available to Sucker (choice # 3) If bought from JHCB. At least thats the way it looks from the great JHCB testimonials. I liked the 12-69`s and 3-68`s on the 3 sets my family got from A-mark sorry if others didn't grade that well but it was fair and honest. Thats what should be demanded from an AP that is representing the UNITED STATES MINT FAIR and HONEST our TAXES have paid for that right. >>

Welcome to Obama's America >>

The America we live in was created by Bush and the Republicans. Hope you're having fun.

• Options
    Friendly note sent not that it matters to them. Now lets see how the mint feels. Yes one should have the chance at a 69DMPL not whats left over. This type dealing is much worse than over charging.
  • Options

<< <i>For all of you who ordered from Jack hunt and received a raw set May I encourage you to leave a nice message with jack. leave them a note And than after your done with leaving jack a nice message may I again encourage you to call the u.s. mint legal dept and talk to those people.The Mint Office of Legal Council (no one was in, of course) but it is the correct office and number: 202-354-7280.Now I have fought since the beginning when ampex started with there high prices, I have forwarded all articles and called when the gold center took us all for a ride, THIS IS NO DIFFERENT! It has now been proven that Jack hunt has cherry picked the coins they were suppose to release to the public, they should not be allowed to order the new ones period. For those of you getting graded coins have you noticed there are NO 69 dmpl being sent out? So while I totally feel screwed over How do the rest of you feel knowing that THIS company is going to keep all the 69dmpl and send you the crap? Yes I am Ticked off, and such is life, But if by chance you feel the same than make the phone call today................................................image >>

Yep, Jack Hunt gets the Scum of the AP's award.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The America we live in was created by Bush and the Republicans. Hope you're having fun. >>

I wondered what OBAMA had done this time, and this is still MY AMERICA.
  • Options
    MCADSPECMCADSPEC Posts: 72 ✭✭

<< <i>For all of you who ordered from Jack hunt and received a raw set May I encourage you to leave a nice message with jack. leave them a note And than after your done with leaving jack a nice message may I again encourage you to call the u.s. mint legal dept and talk to those people.The Mint Office of Legal Council (no one was in, of course) but it is the correct office and number: 202-354-7280.Now I have fought since the beginning when ampex started with there high prices, I have forwarded all articles and called when the gold center took us all for a ride, THIS IS NO DIFFERENT! It has now been proven that Jack hunt has cherry picked the coins they were suppose to release to the public, they should not be allowed to order the new ones period. For those of you getting graded coins have you noticed there are NO 69 dmpl being sent out? So while I totally feel screwed over How do the rest of you feel knowing that THIS company is going to keep all the 69dmpl and send you the crap? Yes I am Ticked off, and such is life, But if by chance you feel the same than make the phone call today................................................image >>

All of the AP's orders that I have read state that you are buying bullion coins and possibly have some kind of defects. This seems to be what is delivered, some better than others. You are buying them under spot. What's the beef??
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phenomenal, a puck set is now worth $1125 melt (@ 45 spot). A reasonable shipping fee is probably $25, and the average purchase price seemed to be about $950 delivered, so anyone who bought is already up 21.6%, figuring $200 profit on a $925 purchase, not including shipping, or 18.4% if you include shipping. Not bad.

Now considering APMEX (or anyone on craigslist) will buy your ASEs for $2 OVER spot instantly, convievably "melt" on these is actually $1175.
  • Options
    Where's the beef??? The beef is not with the product itself as we all knew what it is, the issue goes to the holders of such product and them manipulating the distribution of those products. I believe the phrase is cherry-picking.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The America we live in was created by Bush and the Republicans. Hope you're having fun. >>

Last time I checked Obamacare was all passed in a Dem Majority with ONLY Dem votes.

You bought?, you own it, pal ! LOL!

Let me guess, your a Public Union Member worker bee, and boy..you have you been sold a bill of goods!

Psst...your pension you think is there, realy isn't!

Its unfunded and there ain't any more money. The checks will stop soon.

Folks like me ain't gonna pull you in the wagon anymore.
  • Options
    JWMGT90JWMGT90 Posts: 303 ✭✭
    Is the DG set at $1159 a fair price for these?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file