Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>So.....JH "found" my money order and cashed it! This after I already paid $5 for the inquiry with the USPS and sent them a personal check for the PCGS 68s. Now I don't know what to expect. Its enroute via my original FedEx tracking number. They did say that they would send the personal check back with a $50 check for my inconvience. I wonder what will be in my box. >>

wonder if they found all of them, haven't gotten any email yet, on my missing mo, They should be getting my check today or tomorrow

maybe they will send ms67's now
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So.....JH "found" my money order and cashed it! This after I already paid $5 for the inquiry with the USPS and sent them a personal check for the PCGS 68s. Now I don't know what to expect. Its enroute via my original FedEx tracking number. They did say that they would send the personal check back with a $50 check for my inconvience. I wonder what will be in my box. >>

wonder if they found all of them, haven't gotten any email yet, on my missing mo, They should be getting my check today or tomorrow

maybe they will send ms67's now >>

I got the email yesterday and it was personalized, so I don't know about the rest. I wonder what becomes of my USPS inquiry or if there is a way to cancel it. What's interesting is that they originally said that if they found your money order, they would just send it back to you and cash your personal check. In this case, I had no choice, they just cashed the money order. They were obviously in over their heads on this whole deal. I'm still rooting for PCGS holders.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like another jump in POP`s yellow stone 424DMpl,yosemite 337 DMPL, grand canyon 163 DMPL, hot spring 828 DMpl, mount hood 338 DMPL >>

Did 69 PL numbers also jump, or was this isolated to just the DMPL's (which would be odd, but so is all of this...) >>

yes pl jumped also most went up 30 or 40 yellow stone up by 172
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like another jump in POP`s yellow stone 424DMpl,yosemite 337 DMPL, grand canyon 163 DMPL, hot spring 828 DMpl, mount hood 338 DMPL >>

Across the street DMPL POP's:

Yellowstone....zero
    Grand Canyon..zero
    Yosemite..........35
    Mt. Hood..........zero
    Hot Springs......zero

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Why would anyone send any across the street?
  • Options

<< <i>Why would anyone send any across the street? >>

So it would be better to send them to where you can get the higher grades???? Then APMEX would be the choice...they do 70's...PCGS 2nd...DMPL's galore (or a definite PL anyway)..and NGC 3rd...very tight with PL/DM designation

Doesn't this go against the grain of grading at the parent company??? I am confused since I assumed they were tighter with grades....

Just sayin'....
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

So it would be better to send them to where you can get the higher grades???? Then APMEX would be the choice...they do 70's...PCGS 2nd...DMPL's galore (or a definite PL anyway)..and NGC 3rd...very tight with PL/DM designation

Doesn't this go against the grain of grading at the parent company??? I am confused since I assumed they were tighter with grades....

Just sayin'.... >>

So APMEX is a tpg? News.image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    I take it Back!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just sayin'.... >>

So APMEX is a tpg? News.image >>

Duh! APMEX was on my brain....ANACS would be more appropriate...image
  • Options

If they are DMPL or PL, then they should be graded as such. Ngc started to do it and then stopped in

mid stream.

Kinda dumb if you ask me.
  • Options
    (5) 5 ounce ATB's now worth $1,100.00 in Silver Bullion image
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Duh! APMEX was on my brain....ANACS would be more appropriate...image >>

Ok just keeping it straight. We wouldn't want you to send your $980 ATB check to ANACS.image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options

<< <i>If they are DMPL or PL, then they should be graded as such. Ngc started to do it and then stopped in

mid stream.

Kinda dumb if you ask me. >>

No argument there....It just pizzed me off when BOTH changed mid stream ....originally PCGS= zero PL/DM NGC at least gave out some PL's...now PCGS PL seems to be the standard and NGC the rarity
  • Options

<< <i>(5) 5 ounce ATB's now worth $1,100.00 in Silver Bullion image >>

...and 25 ounces of 2010 ASE's from ANACS ...I mean APMEX.... go for $1234.25 without shipping

Those crappy JH early sets are looking better and better,,,,image
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

maybe they will send ms67's now >>

JH cashed my attempt #2 personal check today. No word on whether they found my MO or not. I already put a stoppay on that so it doesn't matter. I'm curious as to what I'll get, as I'll probably be getting some of their last inventory in stock since my personal check will take a while to clear.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

I sold 2 crappy sets to the local b&m for $1100 each, hated to do it but wanted to get 2 more sets that supposedly have not been cherrypicked and could not afford to hold 7 sets.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question to the gallery regarding the special Mint pucks that start selling on 4/28: Are they actually going to sell one coin at a time simultaneously (vs. in sets)...or are they going to have 5 distinct sales periods?!?

Any news/details in this regard? I have several "family members" who are wondering.
  • Options

<< <i>Question to the gallery regarding the special Mint pucks that start selling on 4/28: Are they actually going to sell one coin at a time simultaneously (vs. in sets)...or are they going to have 5 distinct sales periods?!?

Any news/details in this regard? I have several "family members" who are wondering. >>

It sure looks like individuals right now. Each coin has a separate entry and HS is up on 4/28 with the rest TBD.

It's going to be a pain in the backside to deal with the Mint's servers for five separate coins.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<It's going to be a pain in the backside to deal with the Mint's servers for five separate coins. >>

So if 10 of my "family members" get Yosemites, but get shut out on the Grand Canyon...but your family gets surplus GC...will that mean we can swap?

Cool...this could be like flipping for duplicate baseball cards back in the day.

"I'll give you a Hot Springs for a Yosemite!"
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even @ 27,000 I do not forsee a fast sell out for any of the NumisPucks.

I would have no fear of a shut out.

The servers will be slow for hours, tho. And I still think it'll take days to sell out of each one.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Even @ 27,000 I do not forsee a fast sell out for any of the NumisPucks.

I would have no fear of a shut out.

The servers will be slow for hours, tho. And I still think it'll take days to sell out of each one. >>

Although if the Mint has no restriction on how many an individual can purchase, I can see a few "Investors" buying HUGE numbers of it and it going all within a day or 2. If its limited to just 1 or 2 per household.... Then it will take a few days, maybe a week to run out. I personally am Intending on only buying 2, maybe 3 of each Numis coin for personal keeping. I don't think it will have much of any flip value since the Bullion DM versions will look prettier then a sandblasted version. But that's just me speculating. lol.think it'll take days to sell out of each one. >>

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget 2011 pucks.

there will be 10 seperate releases by the Mint.

Not to mention a game plan for the 2011 bullion version.

adding, there will be HH limit of 1 per, you can count on that.

• Options
    I wish the mint would release images already of the sand blasted coins! They're due to go on sale in a week!
  • Options
    I just got my 2nd set in from JHCB about 30 minutes ago by FedEx and I was telling another Member I was just going to put it up on EBay after opening a terribly pack set from JHCB a few hours ago.

I couldn't stand it and I opened it anyway ...HOLY Crap!!

They sent me a set of PCGS Graded ATB's !!

I got a PCGS graded Yosemite MS69PL!
    I got a PCGS graded Mt. Hood MS68PL!
    I got a PCGS graded GC MS68!
    I got a PCGS graded Hot Springs BU!
    I got a PCGS graded Yellowstone BU!

Wow! Sorry for bad pic!

( I just added them to my registry for security before this post)

I take back all I said about JHCB! They are great image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even @ 27,000 I do not forsee a fast sell out for any of the NumisPucks.

If there is no limit I think they'll sell out fast.
    3 factors in play:
    Deep pockets may try to corner the market.
    Many of the 33,000 bullion set buyers are going to want a matched set of which there will be 6,000 less.
    Monster price uptrend and general interest in silver.

Now, everyone pat themselves on the back if you made the reasonably small effort to play this strange game that caused this huge thread. If you sat back, complained and missed out, well, I dont know what to say.....
  • Options

They are anything but great

Most of us got junk from them

They are just getting rid of the leftovers of their cherrypicking.
  • Options
    JHCB shipment just arrived. No lost money order. MO sent last day USPS priority.

All PCGS

Hot Springs 68DM
    Yosemite 69PL
    M Hood 68PL
    Grand Canyon 68PL
    Yellowstone BU - neck scratches

I guess I can live with it image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Although if the Mint has no restriction on how many an individual can purchase, I can see a few "Investors" buying HUGE numbers of it and it going all within a day or 2. >>

Very unlikely...Most investors, including myself, don't bother with bullion products at 35% - 40% above spot. Potential profit margin is not there.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Ok how about JHCB paying the rest of us to get our coins graded or do they know they are not worth grading.
  • Options
    I find it just wierd as heck that JCHB is sending out those slabbed coins. Wish I had been slower on the draw for my sets. I guess the late bird gets the worm.
  • Options

<< <i>JHCB shipment just arrived. No lost money order. MO sent last day USPS priority.

All PCGS

Hot Springs 68DM
    Yosemite 69PL
    M Hood 68PL
    Grand Canyon 68PL

I guess I can live with it image >>

That's a lot better than most of us got from them.

I know I will not deal with them ever again.
  • Options
    johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>JHCB shipment just arrived. No lost money order. MO sent last day USPS priority.

All PCGS

Hot Springs 68DM
    Yosemite 69PL
    M Hood 68PL
    Grand Canyon 68PL

That's a lot better than most of us got from them.

I know I will not deal with them ever again. >>

assuming the got them all graded not knowing it would be an issue (???) how else do you suggest they handle this fairly, besides randomly?
  • Options
    seahawkfanseahawkfan Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Ive got 4 sets of Jack Hunt sets on thier way from the 1st day of ordering.Shipped out yesterday.Ive also got 2 more coming from them from the 2nd wave.Will post results when they show up.
  • Options
    Looks like JH had everything less than 68 slabbbed as BU out of this batch they had graded. Can't wait to get mine....very curious now. What a long strange trip this has been.
  • Options

They were not fair from the very beginning and are just trying to cover their a$$ now so they can get

the 2011's to sell off by the boatload. They will not need the small guy then!
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta set on the way from JH that will be here by the 22nd. I am glad they are already shipped before JH

decides to break them back out of the holders to meet the guidelines!!?? Funny (kinda) stuff. Thanks for the pics!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I just got my 2nd set in from JHCB about 30 minutes ago by FedEx and I was telling another Member I was just going to put it up on EBay after opening a terribly pack set from JHCB a few hours ago.

Wow! Sorry for bad pic!

I take back all I said about JHCB! They are great image >>

Hey Bill, mine arrived today, shake test sounds like a box within a box, what size box did yours come in/was it different in size from the other one with just raws? Thanks Cass
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I just got my 2nd set in from JHCB about 30 minutes ago by FedEx and I was telling another Member I was just going to put it up on EBay after opening a terribly pack set from JHCB a few hours ago.

Wow! Sorry for bad pic!

I take back all I said about JHCB! They are great image >>

Hey Bill, mine arrived today, shake test sounds like a box within a box, what size box did yours come in/was it different in size from the other one with just raws? Thanks Cass >>

Could someone who got only coins weigh their box+coins so we can weigh our own to see if we got slabbed or unslabbed?

-Paul
  • Options
    Cris,

Both were Boxed within a Box but if it feels like you have a lot of play open it.

Crappy coins were in long Box that fit snug, just within the entire length of outside box. Didn't have much play.

PCGS box was way smaller than packing Box within Big Box and had a ton of play because Box used was just a bit bigger than the size+ shape of slabs.

• Options

<< <i> Could someone who got only coins weigh their box+coins so we can weigh our own to see if we got slabbed or unslabbed?

-Paul >>

Too late to get Box total as I opened second Box like my kids at Christmas when I saw a Slab-shaped box.

But I just did a single unit compare:

The PCGS Slab weighs 10.6 ounces x (5) = 54 oz.

The JHCB Bubble-boy Pack weighs 5.8 ounces x (5) = 29 oz.

That's 1.56 Pound difference.

• Options

All PCGS

Hot Springs 68DM
    Yosemite 69PL
    M Hood 68PL
    Grand Canyon 68PL

Wasn't that Fun to Open??!!
  • Options
    Well my box definately has alotta play, feels like a lump from side to side...Box is 10L x 6W by 4 1/2H, I may have to run it through me x ray machine in the morning..
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Geez, I get home from work and there a message from Frank @ Prudential Bache with my account number for the my puck buy and that I'll hear from Diamond State once my check clears. PB is stepping up their game! I already knew I was in @ PB because I called 'em earlier today.

This JHCB thing is crazy. My JH arrived 10 days ago in the yellow bubble wrap envelopes. The yellow bubble wrapped ones must have been the ones JH didn't bother to submit after cherrypicking thier stock. Three of them are'nt too bad, maybe 68s with some mirror, one is 67ish and one is a dull, hairlined ugly mess that if went 64 I'd be doing good.
  • Options
    I'll bet you a Disney Bottled Water you have a graded set.
  • Options

<< <i>Geez, I get home from work and there a message from Frank @ Prudential Bache with my account number for the my puck buy and that I'll hear from Diamond State once my check clears. PB is stepping up their game! I already knew I was in @ PB because I called 'em earlier today.

This JHCB thing is crazy. My JH arrived 10 days ago in the yellow bubble wrap envelopes. The yellow bubble wrapped ones must have been the ones JH didn't bother to submit after cherrypicking thier stock. Three of them are'nt too bad, maybe 68s with some mirror, one is 67ish and one is a dull, hairlined ugly mess that if went 64 I'd be doing good. >>

Where can I find PB's phone number for these? Tracking says my order was delivered at PB yesterday. Previous experience with these tells me I need to check on things....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> Could someone who got only coins weigh their box+coins so we can weigh our own to see if we got slabbed or unslabbed?

-Paul >>

Too late to get Box total as I opened second Box like my kids at Christmas when I saw a Slab-shaped box.

But I just did a single unit compare:

The PCGS Slab weighs 10.6 ounces x (5) = 54 oz.

The JHCB Bubble-boy Pack weighs 5.8 ounces x (5) = 29 oz.

That's 1.56 Pound difference.

image >>

Hey Bill, I threw it on my postal scale.....and here's the Weight: 3LB 14.2 oz....The fedex Delivery label says 2LB, I'm feeling lucky???What do you think?
  • Options

<< <i>

All PCGS

Hot Springs 68DM
    Yosemite 69PL
    M Hood 68PL
    Grand Canyon 68PL

Wasn't that Fun to Open??!! >>

Yup, and you did a great job explaining the shake test - Lots of movement . Casman for sure has a graded set.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Geez, I get home from work and there a message from Frank @ Prudential Bache with my account number for the my puck buy and that I'll hear from Diamond State once my check clears. PB is stepping up their game! I already knew I was in @ PB because I called 'em earlier today.

This JHCB thing is crazy. My JH arrived 10 days ago in the yellow bubble wrap envelopes. The yellow bubble wrapped ones must have been the ones JH didn't bother to submit after cherrypicking thier stock. Three of them are'nt too bad, maybe 68s with some mirror, one is 67ish and one is a dull, hairlined ugly mess that if went 64 I'd be doing good. >>

Where can I find PB's phone number for these? Tracking says my order was delivered at PB yesterday. Previous experience with these tells me I need to check on things.... >>

1 800 643 2902 Ask for 'New Accounts'
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    Twist and turns everyday with these things, wow !!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file