Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    I guess 4/18 5:36pm image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Any predictions for when PB sells out and announces it on their website? >>

If they would eliminate that W-9 form and need for my SSN I would ensure they sold another set.image >>

they returned my cashier's check! image

"We only take personal checks"

No Joke!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Any predictions for when PB sells out and announces it on their website? >>

If they would eliminate that W-9 form and need for my SSN I would ensure they sold another set.image >>

No Joke! >>

That sucks. Are they still holding a set for you?
  • Options
    In the contest I stated date and hour.

I didn't realize it would be so close or I would have specified time.

So, the awards go to 2 people.

One to pitboss who gave an hour and one to wiskerchew who gave a time.

pitboss: 4/18 - 5pm
    wiskerchew - 4/18 - 6:38pm CST

the date and "hour" were 4/18 in the 6pm hour -- about 6:30ish pm EST

wiskerchew was closest time wise, but both were equally close "hour" wise.

We have two winners!

imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

No Joke! >>

That sucks. Are they still holding a set for you? >>

All materials were returned.

So, no.

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

No Joke! >>

That sucks. Are they still holding a set for you? >>

All materials were returned.

So, no. >>

They really don't want to sell these things! That's ridiculous. Something to do with the Patriot Act, I wonder.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In the contest I stated date and hour.

We have two winners!

imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage >>

Thank you very much. I certainly did not expect this as it was just a wild guess. The bad part was I did not even get to buy a set from them.
    Steve
  • Options

<< <i>Here are my PCGS grades, I sent in all 15, didn't cherry pick: 3-69's, 9-68's, 2-67's, and one 64. I wish they could have been a little better: Is there any truth to the PCGS Price GuideSM Value or is it to early to tell?

Hot Springs MS67DM
    Hot Springs MS64DM
    Hot Springs MS68DM

Yellowstone MS69PL
    Yellowstone MS68PL
    Yellowstone MS69DM

Yosemite MS68PL
    Yosemite MS67DM
    Yosemite MS68DM

Grand Canyon MS68
    Grand Canyon MS68DM
    Grand Canyon MS68DM

Mount Hood MS68PL
    Mount Hood MS68PL
    Mount Hood MS69PL >>

You need to get rid of that yellowstone 69DM it will contaminate the rest of your coins call me ill put in quarantine.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>According to the PCGS price guide my Yellowstone MS69DM is worth $2250.....lol. I thought PL would be worth more then DM but after looking at the PCGS prices it looks the other way around...for example my Yosemite MS68PL is listed as $575 and the MS68DM is $650. >>

New to coins and just doing the flips on this and maybe other PMs?
    PL=Prooflike
    DM=DMPL=Deep Mirror Proof Like (ie...more desirable, stronger mirror effect).

Morgan Dollars have had these designations for quite awhile and you can compare prices between Morgan Dollar PL and Morgan Dollar DMPL to get an idea. >>

Oh hell yes, not a flipper, but new to grades..............well you have made my day.................thank you. >>

OK slap your forehead and go DOH
  • Options
    69DM Yellowstones are nowhere to be found...... I'm starting to doubt the pop numbers or else the yellowstone fan club base is larger thabn I ever thought. image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>69DM Yellowstones are nowhere to be found...... I'm starting to doubt the pop numbers or else the yellowstone fan club base is larger thabn I ever thought. image >>

Who's got them coin vault ? They will surface at some point.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>69DM Yellowstones are nowhere to be found...... I'm starting to doubt the pop numbers or else the yellowstone fan club base is larger thabn I ever thought. image >>

I had one and it sold fast! Paid for more than two sets all by itself!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    A couple of people on this board are looking for them, probably more. If one goes on eBay now, I bet it would fetch $2,500 or more. I haven't seen one advertised in over a month.
  • Options

<< <i>A couple of people on this board are looking for them, probably more. If one goes on eBay now, I bet it would fetch $2,500 or more. I haven't seen one advertised in over a month. >>

I have two sets in for grading now & 3 more will be there soon. If I happen to be fortunate enough to get another, I'll happily let the bidding war begin! image

BTW.... I used the Ralph Cramden method with these pucks... I invested my money, then re-invested, then re-re-invested!

This has been FUN!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

What's the concensus on DG pucks?

• Options

<< <i>What's the concensus on DG pucks? >>

varied just like most all of them.

they do not seem to have cherry picked.

• Options
    Anyone know what is up with Coins N Things?

Are they still selling?

What happened to their web site?

• Options
    OK,

Bochiman guessed 4/18 @ 3:33pm.

I took that as EST,

he says he's on PST and that was his guess.

So, we have a third "Supreme Winner" as he just about nailed it to the minute.

<< <i>In the contest I stated date and hour.

We have two winners!

imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage >>

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack Hunt and/or the USPS lost my first USPS money order for my set and I was given the chance to try again for $50 less and I'd get a PCGS MS68 set instead of a raw set. I received an email today confirming that my 2nd payment was received and that my coins would ship out in about 2 weeks. I'll also have to wait about 2 more weeks to start the process in getting my lost USPS money order refunded.

I also got a tracking number for my MTB set so I should have that by the end of the week. I was out of town when UPS tried to deliver it to me three times so it was sent back to MTB. A quick phone call to MTB got it shipped back to me for a second try and they didn't charge me to reship. Very good company to deal with it seems.

Thought about ordering a set from Prudential, but seems like a hassle to have my coins delivered to some third party where I would then have to pay some unknown shipping fees (and possibly other fees)... anyone done it and is it worth the hassle??

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>Jack Hunt and/or the USPS lost my first USPS money order for my set and I was given the chance to try again for $50 less and I'd get a PCGS MS68 set instead of a raw set. I received an email today confirming that my 2nd payment was received and that my coins would ship out in about 2 weeks. I'll also have to wait about 2 more weeks to start the process in getting my lost USPS money order refunded.

I also got a tracking number for my MTB set so I should have that by the end of the week. I was out of town when UPS tried to deliver it to me three times so it was sent back to MTB. A quick phone call to MTB got it shipped back to me for a second try and they didn't charge me to reship. Very good company to deal with it seems.

Thought about ordering a set from Prudential, but seems like a hassle to have my coins delivered to some third party where I would then have to pay some unknown shipping fees (and possibly other fees)... anyone done it and is it worth the hassle?? >>

I did it...I think my check arrived at Prudential today. (Fortunately, it was a personal check!) Especially after the JH coins I'll be getting will be 68s, I wanted a final opportunity to get a non-cherrypicked set.

I got the same email from JH today.
  • Options
    +12875
  • Options

<< <i>OK,

Bochiman guessed 4/18 @ 3:33pm.

I took that as EST,

he says he's on PST and that was his guess.

So, we have a third "Supreme Winner" as he just about nailed it to the minute.

>>

Thanks image

All my forum times are PST and I take that for granted (for some reason I thought you were CA but I was wrong on that).
    I admit, as my post above showed, I was pretty excited to see I was only off by a few minutes.....I was afraid that yesterday's sales would be more than enough and it wouldn't make it through to today

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack Hunt has to be put on the bad boyzz list, How can this company have GRADED COINS? It has already been reported of one person getting 3 NGC slabs and 2 Not. Also Its funny that they have promised the Lost 25 PCGS slabs in 68? Does anyone else that have ordered from them see a problem with them having some graded? Either ALL the coins are graded OR they should all be RAW, how can they have Both? Also funny how some graded NGC and others pcgs. Theres way more questions than answers with Jack.................image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Way to Go, Bochiman!
  • Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did APMEX sell their whole allotment in this second run? Just wondering if there was a chance of any cherry picking happening or were they just being slow on the second release. Also it seems odd that they would have taken so long. Perhaps they were just out mining for email address.

Maine_Jim
  • Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

I got a 69 DMPL Yellowstone. Did I hit the motherload? If so, I'll sell it and buy a slightly lower grade one with the difference.
  • Options

<< <i>Jack Hunt has to be put on the bad boyzz list, How can this company have GRADED COINS? It has already been reported of one person getting 3 NGC slabs and 2 Not. Also Its funny that they have promised the Lost 25 PCGS slabs in 68? Does anyone else that have ordered from them see a problem with them having some graded? Either ALL the coins are graded OR they should all be RAW, how can they have Both? Also funny how some graded NGC and others pcgs. Theres way more questions than answers with Jack.................image >>

Until I start hearing from folks that have received/opened/commented, or received/opened/sent in for grading/got back from grading, I will reserve my judgement to whether they cherrypicked or not (they may well have, but I haven't received mine, nor have I seen one open).

<< <i>Way to Go, Bochiman! >>

Thanks image

• Options

<< <i>Jack Hunt has to be put on the bad boyzz list, How can this company have GRADED COINS? It has already been reported of one person getting 3 NGC slabs and 2 Not. Also Its funny that they have promised the Lost 25 PCGS slabs in 68? Does anyone else that have ordered from them see a problem with them having some graded? Either ALL the coins are graded OR they should all be RAW, how can they have Both? Also funny how some graded NGC and others pcgs. Theres way more questions than answers with Jack.................image >>

Still not convinced I'm going to get PCGS MS68 coins from Jack Hunt... even though supposedly that is what around 25 of us have been promised. Just seems that the total PCGS populations of these are just too low for JH to have 25 MS68 sets. Here's the PCGS pops in MS68 as of today:

Grand Canyon = 284
    Hot Springs = 32 (and one 68+)
    Mt. Hood = 34
    Yellowstone = 45
    Yosemite = 36

Of course, there are many more coins available which are graded MS68PL or MS68DMPL. I'm guessing we'll be getting some PL and DMPL designated coins and not just plain MS68s image

• Options

I am suspicious.

I took it to mean they'd cherry pick and have them graded.

Then someone gets graded coins shortly after.

How did they do it that fast? Would they spring for express shipping both ways???

But..... the Mint seems to bark and not even want to nip with an audit.

• Options

<< <i>

Still not convinced I'm going to get PCGS MS68 coins from Jack Hunt... even though supposedly that is what around 25 of us have been promised. Just seems that the total PCGS populations of these are just too low for JH to have 25 MS68 sets. Here's the PCGS pops in MS68 as of today:

Grand Canyon = 284
    Hot Springs = 32 (and one 68+)
    Mt. Hood = 34
    Yellowstone = 45
    Yosemite = 36

Of course, there are many more coins available which are graded MS68PL or MS68DMPL. I'm guessing we'll be getting some PL and DMPL designated coins and not just plain MS68s image >>

Yeah, I'm curious about this as well. Here is my question: Wondercoin's customer got NGC Early Release coins. Did NGC change the rules for the ER for ATBs? If not, is NGC giving ER to APs that are submitting? Or did JH submit a long time ago? Also, if JH submitted coins to PCGS a long time ago, the PL/DMPL designations were not being handed out.

If that sounded confusing, it is.

I don't really feel like I can complain too much about slabbed 68s at $950, but the chase of the 69DMPL is a lot of the fun.
  • Options

I just sent my JHCB coins off to be graded Didn't look like a 69 in the bunch but I was wrong on some of my other sets We will see how my graded 68`s turn out.
  • Options

My Jack Hunt coins were not that nice. I ended up selling 3 of them along with 7 others from assorted

AP's for $2200 to one of the local b&m stores. I am not unhappy with this as I can not afford to hold

more than 5 sets and I wanted the best I could come up with. I have 6 coins graded already with 8

more at PCGS right now and 2 more sets arriving eventually when they get around to it.
  • Options
    I`m not asking for much just want 5 DMPL sets. Still waiting on the first set. 7 sets graded no DMPL set yet, lots of 69`s and lots of DMPL`s just not in the right order.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My consignors want to know why I need to now sell their coins for a fraction of what they were worth a few weeks ago. I tell them that it appears that a couple weeks ago something like 600 or 700 MS69DMPL coins appeared on the pop report in a SINGLE week destroying the pops on most of these pop top 69DMPL coins. They ask me who could possibly have enough coins to submit to get 600 or 700 MS69DMPL including roughly (150)-(200) Yellowstone MS69DMPL's in a single reporting period!! Now, that would be idol speculation on my part.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    MsMorrisine, I have a problem and cannot respond to your pm. I have to log out, then respond to a post and log in at the same time to submit anything. When i try to post or answer a e-mail, i have red X and cannot type anything in the test box. Nothing in help to fix this. Please send your e-mail to wiskerchew@yahoo.com and I will send my address.

Thanks for the contest.....
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Boichman and thank you Ms Morrisine for your thoughtfulness and willingness to promote some fun with the ATB's!

I know it has been a blast for me.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

<< <i>My consignors want to know why I need to now sell their coins for a fraction of what they were worth a few weeks ago. I tell them that it appears that a couple weeks ago something like 600 or 700 MS69DMPL coins appeared on the pop report in a SINGLE week destroying the pops on most of these pop top 69DMPL coins. They ask me who could possibly have enough coins to submit to get 600 or 700 MS69DMPL including roughly (150)-(200) Yellowstone MS69DMPL's in a single reporting period!! Now, that would be idol speculation on my part.

Wondercoin >>

I guess the answer to that is bluemoon coins. They have boxes of them. listing #190523861437
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears it was a brilliantly timed move by MCM and others to liquidate, en masse, their holdings of graded ATB's, Mitch.

I saw the Hot Springs PCGS DMPL 69 going for $499 yesterday. Wow. What a drop.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

<< <i>MsMorrisine, I have a problem and cannot respond to your pm. I have to log out, then respond to a post and log in at the same time to submit anything. When i try to post or answer a e-mail, i have red X and cannot type anything in the test box. Nothing in help to fix this. Please send your e-mail to wiskerchew@yahoo.com and I will send my address.

Thanks for the contest..... >>

sent
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>My consignors want to know why I need to now sell their coins for a fraction of what they were worth a few weeks ago. I tell them that it appears that a couple weeks ago something like 600 or 700 MS69DMPL coins appeared on the pop report in a SINGLE week destroying the pops on most of these pop top 69DMPL coins. They ask me who could possibly have enough coins to submit to get 600 or 700 MS69DMPL including roughly (150)-(200) Yellowstone MS69DMPL's in a single reporting period!! Now, that would be idol speculation on my part.

Wondercoin >>

I guess the answer to that is bluemoon coins. They have boxes of them. listing #190523861437 >>

Are we talking about NGC or PCGS? There are a few APs who probably didn't sell their whole stash to the general public. Like CNT...where are the rest of their coins? They can't possibly be sold out.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miles: I doubt anyone could have predicted the destruction to the pop report in a single week we saw earlier this month (other than those doing it)!! Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    gyromacgyromac Posts: 213 ✭✭
    wow..

just think how much of a rollercoaster ride these ATBs have been....

really this is the most action in modern coins in years....

from Ampex original sale to now.... the money gained and lost and gained and lost again has been incredible...

and next week the USM sideshow on sandblasted puck starts .... another 3 months of total fun...

jmho
  • Options

<< <i>...and next week the USM sideshow on sandblasted puck starts .... another 3 months of total fun... >>

I see only the Hot Springs numismatic puck will be on sale next week and maybe that's a good thing. I have to assume we'll see an MS70 out of this batch. image
  • Options
    I see the talk of dropping dmpl values because of the pop report. 69 dmpl sets still selling for north of $6000 on the bay. That is a drop but not huge I guess to me. Thoughts? Is NGC putting out any pl's at all these days? Seems like all action has been PCGS since the early days. I have 4 out of 5 Jack Hunts that are the best I've seen so far. I'm assuming its still worth getting those graded. Any thoughts from the pros?
  • Options

<< <i>I see the talk of dropping dmpl values because of the pop report. 69 dmpl sets still selling for north of $6000 on the bay. >>

Gotta believe the MS69DMPL sets will fall under $4000, at least temporarily.
  • Options

<< <i>I see the talk of dropping dmpl values because of the pop report. 69 dmpl sets still selling for north of $6000 on the bay. That is a drop but not huge I guess to me. Thoughts? Is NGC putting out any pl's at all these days? Seems like all action has been PCGS since the early days. I have 4 out of 5 Jack Hunts that are the best I've seen so far. I'm assuming its still worth getting those graded. Any thoughts from the pros? >>

Even with grading fees & postage, I have yet to lose a single dime on any of the coins I've sold... Including the dogs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file