Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    99 left at Apmex.
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Officially in double digits at APMEX. 99 left.
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    just mailed off my JH redu payment, will see if they lose it again
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>To anyone who has received a set from Coins n Things, how fast (or slow) has their shipping been? My check cleared my bank on 4/8 and I'm wondering when to expect my pucks and Barbers...

TIA, >>

Mine shipped 3/30, arrived 4/7. My mail carrier was very curious about the contents. Apparently shipping something heavy in a small box by registered mail raised some eyebrows at the local PO. One of his coworkers thought it was lead because "that's what it felt like". All I could think of saying was something lame like "it's the type of thing that goes immediately into a safety deposit box". They already suspected it was valuable & I didn't want them to have the impression that I keep things like that at home. Caught me off guard. Wasn't expecting a question like that. Obviously, a better reply would have been "stamped metal parts". Thanks CaptHenway - I'll remember that for the future.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    So after these 99 from APMEX all there will be is Prudential.

Everyone else will have been sold out.

These will be hard to find very soon.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So after these 99 from APMEX all there will be is Prudential.

These will be hard to find very soon. >>

The 20th Annv SAEs were like that too....sold out, but never hard to find really.
    All depends on the collector size of the group that wants them.

I am quite cautious on these. Great amount of silver, prices are above the melt value and issue price both, but, I have seen some series/issues maintain their value and others spike and lose the value.
    One may want to hold if they have the resources to do so. If one doesn't have the resources to hold long term, and possibly miss out on some nice profits, then I wouldn't delay selling.

There's an opportunity cost to waiting and not taking the profits right now.

I have bought 5 sets total. Sold 3, waiting for 2 more to come in before I make my decision on them. For the exact reasons I list above.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    57 available at APMEX....

Then Prudential. CNT's website is still down.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So after these 99 from APMEX all there will be is Prudential.

These will be hard to find very soon. >>

The 20th Annv SAEs were like that too....sold out, but never hard to find really.
    All depends on the collector size of the group that wants them.

I am quite cautious on these. Great amount of silver, prices are above the melt value and issue price both, but, I have seen some series/issues maintain their value and others spike and lose the value.
    One may want to hold if they have the resources to do so. If one doesn't have the resources to hold long term, and possibly miss out on some nice profits, then I wouldn't delay selling.

There's an opportunity cost to waiting and not taking the profits right now.

I have bought 5 sets total. Sold 3, waiting for 2 more to come in before I make my decision on them. For the exact reasons I list above. >>

Bochiman... I'm with you.

My Dad & I are taking all the profit we can and will MAYBE keep one set out of the many we've been able to purchase.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with Bochiman.

I think they will be available on eBay and through other channels once they sell out from the APs.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    The main difference I see is that each 2010 set that finally lands in the hands of a set builder/collecotr (non-flipper,dealer)
    is one set that will not be for sale again.

So as these are released each year , if there are more people who say , "I want to build the set" (and this only increases as there
    are more years available) then 2010 sets become the necessary purchase. So fewer and fewer exists for sale as time goes by.

The ASE set has nothing to keep the interest and draw more collectors into it like ATBs do.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    very true.

the uhrs have gone to collectors and few are available.

While we are guessing they will still remain available, it is still a guess. the more collectors collect, the fewer there will be.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Probably a repost, but US Mint will start selling on 4/28.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It remains an unknown regarding the interest.

I would have never imagined all the current interest in the Gold Spouse series. Wow.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>very true.

the uhrs have gone to collectors and few are available.

While we are guessing they will still remain available, it is still a guess. the more collectors collect, the fewer there will be. >>

AND only 33,000 Bullion sets can EVER be built. (And only 27,000 Numis!)

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    49 left
  • Options
    9:00 tonight is becoming a bit too far out for the sell out. I'm in the hunt I think image
  • Options

<< <i>49 left >>

Just bought a set from them. I just dont see too much downside at these prices. Pcgs is a bonus too.
  • Options
    27!
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    25...image
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    24image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    AmigoAmigo Posts: 966

20 left
  • Options
    Its below 20 and I don't even know where to look.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    The suspense is killing me already.image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    Could 16 sixteen posters please buy as set so we can lock this up and move on to the next poor/defenseless AP?
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Uh, ATB, you are clear for launch. Beep.

Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

If they had opened it up to everyone they would have sold out yesterday.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Could 16 sixteen posters please buy as set so we can lock this up and move on to the next poor/defenseless AP? >>

imageimage they must have heard you down to 13 woohoo
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If they had opened it up to everyone they would have sold out last Thursday. >>

There fixed it for ya. image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If they had opened it up to everyone they would have sold out last Thursday. >>

There fixed it for ya. image >>

How about last December.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here are my PCGS grades, I sent in all 15, didn't cherry pick: 3-69's, 9-68's, 2-67's, and one 64. I wish they could have been a little better:

Hot Springs MS67DM
    Hot Springs MS64DM
    Hot Springs MS68DM

Yellowstone MS69PL
    Yellowstone MS68PL
    Yellowstone MS69DM

Yosemite MS68PL
    Yosemite MS67DM
    Yosemite MS68DM

Grand Canyon MS68
    Grand Canyon MS68DM
    Grand Canyon MS68DM

Mount Hood MS68PL
    Mount Hood MS68PL
    Mount Hood MS69PL

Nice scores. Those three 69's are winners!

image >>

Agreed but it would have been nice to get a couple DMPL. Could the DMPL window be closing quickly?

According to the PCGS price guide my Yellowstone MS69DM is worth $2250.....lol. I thought PL would be worth more then DM but after looking at the PCGS prices it looks the other way around...for example my Yosemite MS68PL is listed as $575 and the MS68DM is $650.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    Silver spot is at $43.30. This set is 25 ounces of silver = $1085. Apmex is selling this for under $1,000.

What I am missing?
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • Options

<< <i>Silver spot is at $43.30. This set is 25 ounces of silver = $1085. Apmex is selling this for under $1,000.

What I am missing? >>

13 more friends/family to wrap this APMEX circus up boss!
  • Options
    ATBs, this is the bridge speaking. You are clear to engage in 10...
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>According to the PCGS price guide my Yellowstone MS69DM is worth $2250.....lol. I thought PL would be worth more then DM but after looking at the PCGS prices it looks the other way around...for example my Yosemite MS68PL is listed as $575 and the MS68DM is $650. >>

Why would you think PL would be worth more than DMPL? DMPL is the superior designation. Deep Mirror Proof Like (DMPL) beats Proof Like (PL) every time!image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>According to the PCGS price guide my Yellowstone MS69DM is worth $2250.....lol. I thought PL would be worth more then DM but after looking at the PCGS prices it looks the other way around...for example my Yosemite MS68PL is listed as $575 and the MS68DM is $650. >>

Why would you think PL would be worth more than DMPL? DMPL is the superior designation. Deep Mirror Proof Like (DMPL) beats Proof Like (PL) every time!image >>

Hell I wish I was talking about DMPL, I didn't get a single grade of DMPL image but I had thought PL would be worth more then DM.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

New to coins and just doing the flips on this and maybe other PMs?
    PL=Prooflike
    DM=DMPL=Deep Mirror Proof Like (ie...more desirable, stronger mirror effect).

Morgan Dollars have had these designations for quite awhile and you can compare prices between Morgan Dollar PL and Morgan Dollar DMPL to get an idea.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Why would you think PL would be worth more than DMPL? DMPL is the superior designation. Deep Mirror Proof Like (DMPL) beats Proof Like (PL) every time!image >>

Hell I wish I was talking about DMPL, I didn't get a single grade of DMPL image but I had thought PL would be worth more then DM. >>

Why/How do ppl keep making this mistake?.... THERE ISN'T SUCH A THING AS (A PLAIN) DM. DM = DMPL! Deep Mirrors are (by default) Proof Like.

Aron
  • Options

<< <i>

New to coins and just doing the flips on this and maybe other PMs?
    PL=Prooflike
    DM=DMPL=Deep Mirror Proof Like (ie...more desirable, stronger mirror effect).

Morgan Dollars have had these designations for quite awhile and you can compare prices between Morgan Dollar PL and Morgan Dollar DMPL to get an idea. >>

Oh hell yes, not a flipper, but new to grades..............well you have made my day.................thank you.

• Options

<< <i>

Not only that...
    But from someone that has sold hundreds of these coins in the last few months...
    Other than a 69PL vs 68DMPL, i would take a lower DMPL over a one higher PL. (ie - 67DMPL > 68PL or 66DMPL > 67PL)
    - Aron
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Hell I wish I was talking about DMPL, I didn't get a single grade of DMPL image but I had thought PL would be worth more then DM. >>

Why/How do ppl keep making this mistake?.... THERE ISN'T SUCH A THING AS (A PLAIN) DM. DM = DMPL! Deep Mirrors are (by default) Proof Like.

Aron >>

Please slap me in the face. So in hindsight I had good grades considering I sent in all 15 Coins.

• Options
    5 left at apmex.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    I was fortunate enough (or maybe not) to order from CNT on the first telephone frenzy. They were shipped March 30th. My package is lost in space. The tracking on the package went from "check back later for update" to "no further information is available". Looks to me like internal USPS tracking has started. Going to give CNT and Bridgewater PO another call tomorrow. Hoping someone doesn't have sticky fingers. imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Aron >>

Please slap me in the face. So in hindsight I had good grades considering I sent in all 15 Coins. >>

No slap needed.
    It's just shocking to me that ppl send in coins, and pay money - without checking or cherry picking, and not even knowing what are the possible outcomes! Even if this were a lotto - i wouldn't buy a ticket unless i knew some sort of odds - how many numbers selected + how many numbers to choose from etc.
    And FYI - those are not good grades. If not for the Yel69DMPL they would be horrible grades, and including it they were fair at best. When cherry picking these coins for submission, there shouldn't be a reason you don't get 50-60% 69's and rest 68's (5% or less of 67 or under). With respects to DMPL, PL, and plain MS - that depends on the bunch but based on my numbers historically - 50-60% DMPL, 35- 40% PL and maybe 10% MS (most of which were Grand Canyons).
    Congrads though on the Yel69DMPL score - def paid for them all.

- Aron
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    T minus 3 sets remaining....and counting.
  • Options
    Just, with 3 remaining, got me email notification of payment acceptance.

It began and ended in the same place for me. Good times.

Miles
  • Options

<< <i>Just, with 3 remaining, got me email notification of payment acceptance.

It began and ended in the same place for me. Good times.

Miles >>

3 left, it's 3:13pm, and I had guessed 3:33pm in MsMorrisine's contest! Come on folks, just do 1 every 6 minutes and I am golden image

<< <i>Thanks! 04/18/2011 at 3:33p.m. >>

• Options
    seahawkfanseahawkfan Posts: 104 ✭✭
    1 to go
  • Options
    seahawkfanseahawkfan Posts: 104 ✭✭
    all gone image
  • Options
    I didn't make a list. I'm going to have to go back through posts to see who guessed closest.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file