Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Any predictions for when PB sells out and announces it on their website? >>

If they would eliminate that W-9 form and need for my SSN I would ensure they sold another set.image >>

Paranoia will destroy ya...... These are the last of the AP pucks, last call for cheap silver!!
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Any predictions for when PB sells out and announces it on their website? >>

If they would eliminate that W-9 form and need for my SSN I would ensure they sold another set.image >>

I was one of the first to get thru the phones lines at Prudential and yes that is where I learned jumping thru hoops had its rewards. Hey I remember that box(Miles) and that was the reason I left my MTB Box sealed sold for the 3rd highest 2860. This has been one cool ride................and the beat goes on.........image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I was one of the first to get thru the phones lines at Prudential and yes that is where I learned jumping thru hoops had its rewards. Hey I remember that box(Miles) and that was the reason I left my MTB Box sealed sold for the 3rd highest 2860. This has been one cool ride................and the beat goes on.........image >>

The extra hoops will certainly deter a lot of folks...I have a hard time seeing them selling out in less than a few weeks. I have the sickness bad and sent in my order a few days ago. Tommy, how much did they charge for your shipping? And which band is that in your profile pic?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    At the time Prudential charged 50 dollars shipping, I got a phone call from them and they asked me about the condition, I told them the packaging was horrible flips to small and than they taped it all up, I also suggested that I would pay more for the shipping if the packaging was better. So I hope they changed that, and I don't know if there charging more for shipping than that. My picture is My Dream Drum Kit John Bonhams another thing to collect. I Love this Kit and purchased it 3 years ago mid life crisis no corvette for me image Thks to scott for helping me change my avatar woohooo

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>At the time Prudential charged 50 dollars shipping, I got a phone call from them and they asked me about the condition, I told them the packaging was horrible flips to small and than they taped it all up, I also suggested that I would pay more for the shipping if the packaging was better. So I hope they changed that, and I don't know if there charging more for shipping than that. My picture is My Dream Drum Kit John Bonhams another thing to collect. I Love this Kit and purchased it 3 years ago mid life crisis no corvette for me image >>

Right on, $860+$50 shipped would be a great deal, and I certainly would pay more than that for good packaging.

Hard to beat Bonham. Very cool drumkit!
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A customer called me and told me the set just arrived from Jack Hunt and it was 3 NGC graded MS69 coins and 2 raw coins??? I have not been reading this thread carefully over the past week.... is this what has been coming from the JH sets (partially graded by the service(s) and partially raw)?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the APMEX promo code. My lady friend keeps getting:"We are sorry, your Customer ID was not selected to be eligible to purchase one of these items." She has never ordered from APMEX before.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the contest MsM!!! >>

4/19 @ 12am CDT
  • Options

<< <i>A customer called me and told me the set just arrived from Jack Hunt and it was 3 NGC graded MS69 coins and 2 raw coins??? I have not been reading this thread carefully over the past week.... is this what has been coming from the JH sets (partially graded by the service(s) and partially raw)?

Wondercoin >>

this is the first report of mixed graded and raw set. JH did offer graded coins to the 25 buyers whose checks were lost.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>A customer called me and told me the set just arrived from Jack Hunt and it was 3 NGC graded MS69 coins and 2 raw coins??? I have not been reading this thread carefully over the past week.... is this what has been coming from the JH sets (partially graded by the service(s) and partially raw)?

Wondercoin >>

this is the first report of mixed graded and raw set. JH did offer graded coins to the 25 buyers whose checks were lost. >>

image Maybe they sent out the Ngc to the wrong ones already ........image There was no code for the ampex set either you get to order or you have to wait for the next go around. Brother gets his Jack hunt on monday and the plot thickens........

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    Very strange ... I just sent an email to the customer asking him for the specifics on the NGC graded coins he received vs. the raw ones.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wondercoin >>

this is the first report of mixed graded and raw set. JH did offer graded coins to the 25 buyers whose checks were lost. >>

image Maybe they sent out the Ngc to the wrong ones already ........image There was no code for the ampex set either you get to order or you have to wait for the next go around. Brother gets his Jack hunt on monday and the plot thickens........ >>

It does appear that JH had some graded and that these are going out to the last folks to order. My order was one of the missing 25, and I was told I would get all 68s.

Which means....it's speculation time!
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wondercoin >>

image Maybe they sent out the Ngc to the wrong ones already ........image There was no code for the ampex set either you get to order or you have to wait for the next go around. Brother gets his Jack hunt on monday and the plot thickens........ >>

It does appear that JH had some graded and that these are going out to the last folks to order. My order was one of the missing 25, and I was told I would get all 68s. >>

Yeah, I was told I'd get PCGS MS68 coins as well... but if that isn't good enough I guess we could crack them out and we'd then have what everyone else got image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wondercoin >>

It does appear that JH had some graded and that these are going out to the last folks to order. My order was one of the missing 25, and I was told I would get all 68s. >>

Yeah, I was told I'd get PCGS MS68 coins as well... but if that isn't good enough I guess we could crack them out and we'd then have what everyone else got image >>

I just confirmed that the email I got from JH says PCGS MS68 coins. Wondercoin, your customer got NGCs? Maybe they sent coins to both companies for grading? The plot thickens.
  • Options
    Should be in the 400's for Apmex soon...still moving at a very good pace.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wondercoin >>

Yeah, I was told I'd get PCGS MS68 coins as well... but if that isn't good enough I guess we could crack them out and we'd then have what everyone else got image >>

My JHCB set came on thursday they all look to be 68 or less doubt if any will go 69. I received 2 to 4 69`s in every set (8) other than the gold center. I don`t like not getting any 69`s as the saying goes 69 is divine.
  • Options
    Ok so what your saying about Jack hunt Is they have sent coins out to be graded already, Which would almost lead me to believe some kind of cherry pick and dump the first sets to the public. Why Would they have any sets Graded???????? Hmmm another thing to ponder, I sold mine to be melted friday for 1050 spot I did think they were one of the worst sets so I was happy for a meltdown price. This is going to be an interesting story to follow............... image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    Here is the report from my customer on the set received today from JH:

Yosemite - NGC-MS69 Early Releases
    Mt Hood - NGC-MS69 Early Releases
    Yellowstone - NGC-MS69 Early Releases
    Grand Canyon & Hot Springs in manila envelopes (raw) - not even in a capsule

No money order was lost in the mail. Very interesting.

Wondercoin

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the relay info Mitch. I am now more excited about my set a coming.

So much for the remaining JH sets remaining sealed, huh?

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    i`m waiting on a set from JH, now i`m really wondering what i`ll get.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    I have 3 sets from JHCB. Opened one set and the best coins I have rcvd to date. Waiting on air tites to open the other two.
  • Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The official "Guess When APMEX sells out" game...

date and hour of day.

Winner gets..... $1 worth of BU 2009 (P) Log Cabin Cents, unsearched by anyone.

ANY EDIT of the post containing your guess disqualifies you.

Guessing stops whenever I notice than they are down to 375 sets left. >>

4/17/11 - 3:40PM ET
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    449 left

going fast.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Looks like they will sell out tomorrow

4/17 2:22 PM ET

I did get one.

Joe
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    .......I sold my crappy set of 5 today for melt ; 1076 $
  • Options
    442 sets left at midnight, EST. Pink Floyd, your killing me with your avatar change, I all can think about now is breaking out the DVDs and watching Jon Luc
  • Options

<< <i>.......I sold my crappy set of 5 today for melt ; 1076 $ >>

was this on ebay?
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is the report from my customer on the set received today from JH:

Yosemite - NGC-MS69 Early Releases
    Mt Hood - NGC-MS69 Early Releases
    Yellowstone - NGC-MS69 Early Releases
    Grand Canyon & Hot Springs in manila envelopes (raw) - not even in a capsule

No money order was lost in the mail. Very interesting.

Wondercoin >>

Three NGC MS69ERs at no premium??? WHAT A SCORE!!!!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What is the APMEX promo code. My lady friend keeps getting:"We are sorry, your Customer ID was not selected to be eligible to purchase one of these items." She has never ordered from APMEX before. >>

At least as of Friday, it was not a promo code, but one had to have received an email invite from APMEX to buy.

I asked my father to get a set. He had been on the wait list since Dec. He tried to order and got the same message as you. He called and was told that they "randomly" sent a limited number of emails out to folks on the wait list. She further explained that one could only order if one was on the wait list and received the email.

My father got an email invite today and ordered. Set number 16 for me. I should have my head examined. Of course, it's below the (absurdly high) spot so what the hey. Still trying to complete my DMPL set. Given how absolutely HORRIBLE my JH and DG sets were perhaps I'll get a break.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    427 (sold another 15 late on Sat. night)...it is almost as if the sets are going too fast...at Apmex - sell 1, remove 20, sell 1, remove 50, sell 1, sell 1, sell 1, remove 10, sell 1, remove 50...just a thought...

Edit - another 7 in the last 15 minutes...amazingly fast at 11:00pm PST
  • Options
    AmigoAmigo Posts: 966

I recv'd the email today. I just don't know that I want a set at this point. I don't follow these, but it appears that they've come down a lot in value.
    I would only want a set if I could flip it. With a mid May shipping date, silver could be 20/oz and 500 a set. What to do, What to do ?
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Hey guys-gals - I have been traveling and out of the country and in-country in remote places so I have been out of the loop for a couple of weeks. Apparently there are still sellers? I checked out the Jack Hunt web site did not see anything. Same was true for APMEX - they do have the monster boxes. Who else is selling? Can someone provide some web links?

Thanks

Brian
  • Options
    MrScienceMrScience Posts: 728 ✭✭✭
    Brian,

The ATB aces can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that only Prudential Bache Securities is offering 2010 ATB sets to the general public at this point. APMEX is selling sets, but only to randomly (?) selected persons on their list(s). It probably can't hurt to add a set to your cart and see if you get through....

Good luck,

John

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>Hey guys-gals - I have been traveling and out of the country and in-country in remote places so I have been out of the loop for a couple of weeks. Apparently there are still sellers? I checked out the Jack Hunt web site did not see anything. Same was true for APMEX - they do have the monster boxes. Who else is selling? Can someone provide some web links?

Thanks

Brian >>

Brian, APMEX is selling if you have on their alert-me list. Prudential is selling--several hoops to jump through, but it doesn't take long to throw the paperwork together. CNT may end up doing another sale--they did two phonecall sessions, so I don't know how they could have sold out using legitimate means--though their website has been down for awhile, so it doesn't look good. Everyone else is sold out. Good luck.
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    How could you tell how many sets are left?

<< <i>427 (sold another 15 late on Sat. night)...it is almost as if the sets are going too fast...at Apmex - sell 1, remove 20, sell 1, remove 50, sell 1, sell 1, sell 1, remove 10, sell 1, remove 50...just a thought...

Edit - another 7 in the last 15 minutes...amazingly fast at 11:00pm PST >>

Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    390 Left

That is 59 in the last 7-1/2 hours.

Joe
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

<< <i>390 Left

That is 59 in the last 7-1/2 hours.

Joe >>

My guess is that these sets will sell out today...maybe this afternoon. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    I just wish EVERYONE would sell out and we can get on with the next issue.....It has been a fun event but it is getting a bit stale....
  • Options

<< <i>I just wish EVERYONE would sell out and we can get on with the next issue.....It has been a fun event but it is getting a bit stale.... >>

So who here is buying when the other limited version comes out? image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
  • Options

<< <i> So who here is buying when the other limited version comes out? >>

Your kidding right????
  • Options

<< <i>

Your kidding right???? >>

No...its a fair question... i believe i saw in some other thread that this other version will not be sold out anytime soon when it comes out...for whatever reason they did not state....but i know im buying one. image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    You and 26999 others !
  • Options

<< <i>

April 28th at 12:01 pm the Mint will go into orbit and crash land around 5:00 pm.

Joe
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You and 26999 others ! >>

Think of the scene in "I am Legend"...you know the one where the infected pit bulls are waiting for the sliver of light to fade....

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

No...its a fair question... i believe i saw in some other thread that this other version will not be sold out anytime soon when it comes out...for whatever reason they did not state....but i know im buying one. image >>

Well they are correct in a way I guess....

It will not sell out at least until April 28th/29th

Oh, and I also read in that other thread that new research shows that the earth is really flat
  • Options
    Sell out april 18, 922am
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

No...its a fair question... i believe i saw in some other thread that this other version will not be sold out anytime soon when it comes out...for whatever reason they did not state....but i know im buying one. image >>

Well they are correct in a way I guess....

It will not sell out at least until April 28th/29th

Oh, and I also read in that other thread that new research shows that the earth is really flat >>

imageimage
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

This is one of the most highly anticipated coin events in years. They won't last long.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Just came back from my local coin show. What a crowd there selling silver. I sold a second batch of Atb's for scrap ($1100) . These are ones

that will not grade well . I still have 2 more sets on the way.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is now closed to new entries.

<< <i>The official "Guess When APMEX sells out" game...

date and hour of day.

Winner gets..... $1 worth of BU 2009 (P) Log Cabin Cents, unsearched by anyone.

ANY EDIT of the post containing your guess disqualifies you.

Guessing stops whenever I notice than they are down to 375 sets left. >>

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file