Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>Did any of the "Missing 25" get the JHBC Fed Ex Email *BEFORE* it was revealed payment was missing?? >>

yes i got the fedex email way, way before the issues

Time

April 4th fedex Tracking #
    April 7th where is your payment warning
    April 8th I emailed them tracking and mo serial
    April 8th response they have to check on things
    April 11th Houston we have a problem
    April 14 you want the red or blue pill >>

I went for the red pill. Now that I went for it, my order to replace my lost order will go missing.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    So taking stock of all the AP's now. More than not played by the rules. GC for certain the bad guy of the bunch. AMARK gets ATB AP of the year vote I'm sure. APMEX certainly getting theres out. Low rating for being A......holes. Coins n things........mid marks just cuz. welll......... GC the only for sure bad egg?
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Opened my DG set last night and was really surprised at the quality. All the obverses have a deep mirror finish and the reverses have good mirrors too. One tiny scratch noted on an obverse, some minor die polishing on another. Overall they are excellent looking pucks. I bought them for the bullion value but now love them for their quasi-coin appearance.

Waiting on F-trade and an NGC MS68DM eBay set...

Cheers!
    Bob

PS: is PCGS still doing the avatar uploads? on the 15th of the month? like today?
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PS: is PCGS still doing the avatar uploads? on the 15th of the month? like today? >>

Yes, it is that time of the month again when everyone around here seems to changeimage
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>PS: is PCGS still doing the avatar uploads? on the 15th of the month? like today? >>

Yes, it is that time of the month again when everyone around here seems to changeimage >>

How do I do it, Batman? I did a search but found old references. Sorry for the OT on this.
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering that I was not selected for the APMEX "lottery" and was not allowed to purchase an ATB set from them...you'd think that they wouldn't rub salt in the wound by SENDING OUT THIS AUTOMATED E-MAIL!!! Just fools all the way around!

Thank You for visiting APMEX.
    We noticed that you tried to purchase the following items yesterday and were not able to complete the process:

ID Qty Description
    59810 1 2010 5 oz Silver ATB 5-Coin Set PCGS BU or Better (May 13th)

Did you encounter a problem with our website? Is there anything we can do to help?

Click Here to view updated prices and to continue shopping.
    At APMEX.com, you can purchase your bullion or numismatic items 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We provide you with the best possible service and:
    • 25,000 product choices
    • Competitive prices with no hidden fees
    • Safe and Secure online shopping
    • Bullion and Numismatic experts to answer all of your product questions
    If you have any questions about our products or services, please contact us Toll Free at 800-375-9006 or visit our Support Page.
    Please let us know if there is any other way that we can help you.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>MsMorrisine.......I think you could probably buy your 100 sets now......

image >>

I have the fever.

I'm over my 7 sets by 3... and counting.

It's a sickness.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

I have the fever.

It's a sickness. >>

Demons, they are controlled by demons!!

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Considering that I was not selected for the APMEX "lottery" and was not allowed to purchase an ATB set from them...you'd think that they wouldn't rub salt in the wound by SENDING OUT THIS AUTOMATED E-MAIL!!! Just fools all the way around!

Thank You for visiting APMEX.
    We noticed that you tried to purchase the following items yesterday and were not able to complete the process:

ID Qty Description
    59810 1 2010 5 oz Silver ATB 5-Coin Set PCGS BU or Better (May 13th)

Did you encounter a problem with our website? Is there anything we can do to help?

Click Here to view updated prices and to continue shopping.
    At APMEX.com, you can purchase your bullion or numismatic items 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We provide you with the best possible service and:
    • 25,000 product choices
    • Competitive prices with no hidden fees
    • Safe and Secure online shopping
    • Bullion and Numismatic experts to answer all of your product questions
    If you have any questions about our products or services, please contact us Toll Free at 800-375-9006 or visit our Support Page.
    Please let us know if there is any other way that we can help you. >>

That company should hire a p.r. consultant. I wonder how many potential future customers they have lost. I guess they think business is good now and people will forget about all of this after a few years.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    Had four relatives image with apmex accounts. Zippo eligible. Only my long standing account was selected. With 1600+ sets left I do believe many others will get the opportunity. I'd love to pick up a few more........I mean get my relatives a set or two image
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Requested confirmation via email this morning from JHCB. Expressed the $ received Monday the 11th...

Received back a prompt response...image

Hello,

Yes, we received your payment.

Sets are gradually shipping. It could take to to six weeks from date of
    purchase for coins to ship.

Thanks for your order.

Still waiting on word from Fidelitrade from order likely received by them last Monday...

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Just rec'd my Fidelitrade set. I am only posting this because someone else was complaining about the quality of the set they just rec'd. My set is the single best set, by far, I have rec'd to date. All 5 were superb DMPL coins. So if you can get a set I'd give it a shot. But again, I think it's a random chance as to the quality you'll get. This set was not cherrypicked!! Bravo to Fidelitrade for being honest and on the up and up, although your service is very slowimage
  • Options
    RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭
    I received my Fidelitrade set last week. Only one of the coins looked like it might go 69PL or DM. I haven't seen any graded coins in-hand so I'm not sure where that line is drawn. The problem was, that one nice coin had two big finger prints on it. image

My AMark coins were all very nice with only one small scratch on one coin, but they all had heavy die polish and one had no mirrors at all.

I have only opened one coin in my JH set and it was a bit marked up. I'm waiting to get some airtites before I open the rest.

I may not send any of these in for grading.
  • Options

<< <i>Just rec'd my Fidelitrade set. I am only posting this because someone else was complaining about the quality of the set they just rec'd. My set is the single best set, by far, I have rec'd to date. All 5 were superb DMPL coins. So if you can set get a set I'd give it a shot. But again, I think it's a random chance as to the quality you'll get. This set was not cherrypicked!! Bravo to Fidelitrade for being honest and on the up and up, although your service is very slowimage >>

Yeh I recieved my Fidelitrade yesterday. THey all had some kind of significant scratch on them although they all were PL or DMPL quality. Most of them did have fingerprints on them and one coin in particular looked a little discolored. ALmost like it was rubbed with a chemical or something was smeared on the obverse of the coin. I dont' know much about coin so I don't know what it is.

I"m just waiting on my 2 from JH now. I'm not expecting much from them since its apparent they've cherry picked. = I just wish Fidelitrade was faster with sending me these coins so I could have sold them and used the funds to buy another set from another AP! >=[
  • Options
    1652 left, expect Apmex to open sales after midnight tonight to more people. Will interesting to see if they have a second lottery or just open the flood gates. I would assume new emails go out starting Monday am.
  • Options
    they've only sold about 100 sets in the past 24 hours.

they need to do something to move the remaining ones faster.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decided to get my set of ATB big quarters from Jack Hunt for $899... couldn't pass up silver at that price and at least I know I'll get at least MS68 coins. Now I just have to go to the P.O. to see how long it's going to take to get my original $949 money order refunded... oh well!!!!

• Options

<< <i>Decided to get my set of ATB big quarters from Jack Hunt for $899... couldn't pass up silver at that price and at least I know I'll get at least MS68 coins. Now I just have to go to the P.O. to see how long it's going to take to get my original $949 money order refunded... oh well!!!! >>

I wasn't going to be able to do it with my money tied up, but my bank was able to put an immediate stoppay on my MO (not USPS) and I got the money instantly back! After that stroke of luck, I was able to get attempt #2 out to JH. Hopefully our orders won't get lost again.

• Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    JH replied to my e-mail I sent a couple of days ago about not wanting to hang around town waiting for his shipment to me, said I could have Fed Ex hold the coins for me after they attempt delivery, yet when I check order tracking at Fed Ex, it says this service is not available. Who's right? Do you have to wait to have Fed Ex hold the coins until after they attempt delivery?----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options

<< <i>JH replied to my e-mail I sent a couple of days ago about not wanting to hang around town waiting for his shipment to me, said I could have Fed Ex hold the coins for me after they attempt delivery, yet when I check order tracking at Fed Ex, it says this service is not available. Who's right? Do you have to wait to have Fed Ex hold the coins until after they attempt delivery?----------BigE >>

After the first attempt, they did hold my coins for pick up when asked. I don't know if you can prevent the first attempt though.
  • Options

<< <i>JH replied to my e-mail I sent a couple of days ago about not wanting to hang around town waiting for his shipment to me, said I could have Fed Ex hold the coins for me after they attempt delivery, yet when I check order tracking at Fed Ex, it says this service is not available. Who's right? Do you have to wait to have Fed Ex hold the coins until after they attempt delivery?----------BigE >>

They were going to hold my JHCB order at fed office after unable to deliver don't know about predelivery.
  • Options
    MCADSPECMCADSPEC Posts: 72 ✭✭
    If I am not mistaken, when I checked on my set, I think it noted that the hold service was not available. I got the Fed EX # off of their web site and called. They contacted the local Fed Ex office and they held my order and I went by and picked it up.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Well guys, just think how pleasant it will be to deal directly with the Mint on these in the future! New conspiracy theoryimage----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options

<< <i>Well guys, just think how pleasant it will be to deal directly with the Mint on these in the future! New conspiracy theoryimage----------BigE >>

Server waits sound like a dream come true after lost MOs, bad attitudes, cancelled bank wires, and Patriot Act fun!
  • Options
    Anyone here or get their order yet from dillon gage?
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone here or get their order yet from dillon gage? >>

I did.

Bank Wired them late in the day on Friday 1 week ago. They arrived yesterday I think (it's been a puck blur).

I made sure to put ATB, my full name, and the city/state in the info line on the wire so it would further idiot proof the process.

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I have not received mine yet.

I wired them the money on Monday.

I called them today and was given the same old story. We said it would be 4 to 6 weeks.

In other words he did not have a clue.

And the beat goes on.
  • Options
    4/15/2011 - America the Beautiful Silver Coin Update

FideliTrade is sold out of the 2010 America the Beautiful coin set. We will be offering the 2011 coins once they are released from the U.S. Mint.

Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

image >>

I have the fever.

It's a sickness. >>

Yes I did it this morning, I bought the Apmex ones.

Joe
  • Options

I have not. My check cleared about 10 days ago and they told me they would ship mid-April. No further word.
  • Options

They cancelled my wire for unknown reasons (they would not respond to my emails). Most likely my fax got screwed up on their end. Not surprising given my luck with these things. I said screw it and sent the money to Prudential instead.
  • Options
    Ok so some are getting them from DG, my checked cleared last week too and when I called got same story 4-6 weeks.
  • Options

<< <i>Decided to get my set of ATB big quarters from Jack Hunt for $899... couldn't pass up silver at that price and at least I know I'll get at least MS68 coins. Now I just have to go to the P.O. to see how long it's going to take to get my original $949 money order refunded... oh well!!!! >>

Went to the P.O. today and found out that the P.O. will not even start the money order refund process until 30 days after the date of issuance of the money order... guess I'll have to wait at least two more weeks before getting the ball rolling.
  • Options
    Apmex has only sold 20 sets in the last 4 hours, 1632 left.

I received an e-mail from them today. They have received and will hold my personal check expecting to ship on the 22nd.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ampex has opened the door to the rest of us, They are now taking orders from almost everyone.......................BUY NOW AMPEXimage Sorry I thought it was opened up to all but apparently again only a few..................
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>Ampex has opened the door to the rest of us, They are now taking orders from everyone.......................BUY NOW AMPEXimage >>

Awesome! Another set, just what I neededimage
  • Options
    Its says: "We are sorry, your Customer ID was not selected to be eligible to purchase one of these items.
    (#59810) 2010 5 oz Silver ATB 5-Coin Set PCGS BU or Better (May 13th)
    These items have been removed from your cart."
  • Options

I was not selected to buy the set from APMEX previously.

I just tried to purchase the set a couple of minutes ago and the order went through.

one more set... this one comes in PCGS Slabs.
  • Options

<< <i>Its says: "We are sorry, your Customer ID was not selected to be eligible to purchase one of these items.
    These items have been removed from your cart." >>

Were you ever on the notification list, Coinboy?
  • Options

<< <i>Its says: "We are sorry, your Customer ID was not selected to be eligible to purchase one of these items.
    These items have been removed from your cart." >>

Just tried and got the same message... bummer.

• Options
    no, i thought everyone meant everyone...image
  • Options
    I was on the original alert me list and was able to order a set just now.Wasnt able too till today.Hope that helpsimage
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I was not on the original APMEX list to order, but I was able to get through for a set in round 2.

I initially got on the "Alert Me" list back on December 9th, if that is what APMEX is now using to allow additional orders.
  • Options
    i had been on the alert list for the singles. i just bought a set.image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have exceeded the maximum quantity to purchase within the time frame allowed for
    These items have been removed from your cart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got grades on an A-Mark Set I submitted on 3/25/11 image

Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade

1 1 196XXXXX 506579 2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    2 1 196XXXXX 506586 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    3 1 196XXXXX 506591 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    4 1 196XXXXX 505103 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68
    5 1 196XXXXX 506582 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options

<< <i>I was on the original alert me list and was able to order a set just now.Wasnt able too till today.Hope that helpsimage >>

Ditto here. Signed up for email alert back in December along with my Brother. We were shut out the other day but were able to get a set tonight. If you weren't on the original Alert Me list it looks like you'll be SOL. I created a new account the other day for my Wife and could not order a set tonight. That's the scoop....
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    I'm in. Was on the list from before. Was not able to order before. Haven't gotten an email yet. Expect my order confirm. image

I'm doing the Cashier check. $30 fee was cutting into my profit margin. image

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Crossed home plate. Shut out previously, have an Apmex order confirm # in my email inbox.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have not received mine yet.

I wired them the money on Monday.

I called them today and was given the same old story. We said it would be 4 to 6 weeks.

In other words he did not have a clue.

And the beat goes on. >>

I wired DG on Monday as well. Yesterday I called and was told the coins would ship next week.

I'm still waiting on my Prudential set too. Should I buy yet another from Apmex???? This IS puck insanity!

<<UPDATE>> I just ordered my last and final set.... Apmex.

This makes:

2 - Fidelitrade
    1 - Prudential
    2 - MTB
    3 - Amark
    1 - Dillon Gage
    1 - Apmex
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I was shut out of round one.
    Been on the alert list since Feb(maybe Jan?).
    Just tried and got into APMEX, ordered successfully.
    Did not receive an email invite.
    It is worth a try.
    Good luck to all.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file