Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Just opened the first of 3 sets of JHCB's. Best coins I've had to date including Amarks. What have the Yosemites with the mark on Washingtons face been grading? That is about the only issue I see. I'd grade 3 of them as 70's image They really are the best strike I've seen. Heads and tails better than anything I've had to date.
  • badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    My son was shut out of Apmex in round 1 but tonight my phone rang and it was a friend who I had told about the ATB thing awhile back. I had told him to check Apmex later on today just in case they had a round 2 lottery. Long story short he had just picked up a set and a little while later so did my son. What's interesting is my first set was one of the original Apmex 350 way back in Dec and then he picks up one of the final sets on this end.
  • Tiggs2012Tiggs2012 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    I was shut out round 1, was on the APMex alert list, and was just able to place an order now. From the looks of it, they previously sold a 100 sets in the past 24 hours and just in the past hour, almost a hundred sets have been sold with the change. A friend not on the alert list was unable to order one. Maybe those on the alert list get a few hours headstart before the floodgates open at 9pm?

And wow, silver at 43.12!
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was shut out round 1, was on the APMex alert list, and was just able to place an order now. From the looks of it, they previously sold a 100 sets in the past 24 hours and just in the past hour, almost a hundred sets have been sold with the change. A friend not on the alert list was unable to order one. Maybe those on the alert list get a few hours headstart before the floodgates open at 9pm?

And wow, silver at 43.12! >>

Probably another lottery with expanded criteria based on the sales results of the original lottery?

If you sold half your allotment previously over a 60(?) hour period -and- you gotta get these pucks sold fast, is it possible that another 3500 email addresses are now allowed to purchase a set of pucks?

I have not received an email from Apmex saying I can purchase a set of pucks, I logged in and the sale completed.

A buddy of mine logged in and was denied, "You are not allowed, etc., etc., etc.", so it still is not a open to all sale.

Which is BS. Just freaking sell 'em!!

Come one and all, which is what they should have done a couple of days ago.
  • Apmex is doing fine. Just torks me off cuz they could have done this months and months ago.
  • felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭
    No email, just tried to buy a set, and still locked out. I'm Apmex gold, and have had ATB alerts since November.

<< <i>I was shut out round 1, was on the APMex alert list, and was just able to place an order now. From the looks of it, they previously sold a 100 sets in the past 24 hours and just in the past hour, almost a hundred sets have been sold with the change. A friend not on the alert list was unable to order one. Maybe those on the alert list get a few hours headstart before the floodgates open at 9pm?

And wow, silver at 43.12! >>

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried again today -- SCORE. This account did not previously have an alert in place, nor did I get an email notification.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I was told that my account could not purchase an ATB set from APMEX for the last two days. I just tried again today and it let me purchase a set. I figure that if I can get silver for less than spot, why not! Hopefully they will not cancel my order...
  • MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got through APMEX tonight after being locked out last night. I wonder what their process is? It sure is strange and not too customer friendly. I went for another set as the AMARK set I got was nice and I like them coming in PCGS plastic. I wonder if they will be gone by the end of the weekend? Any guesses out there as to what the 2011 ATB will be priced at?

Maine_Jim
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the mint is charging the APs spot + $9 and change

I wouldn't be surprised if the APs stuck as much as $6 more on top.

My fear is they downgrade the handling & packaging.(which wouldn't be entirely surprising)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Remember that your first mobile order to Apmex is free shipping!

Best new profile pics...MsM and PinkFloyd!
    The official "Guess When APMEX sells out" game...

date and hour of day.

Winner gets..... $1 worth of BU 2009 (P) Log Cabin Cents, unsearched by anyone.

ANY EDIT of the post containing your guess disqualifies you.

Guessing stops whenever I notice than they are down to 375 sets left.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>Got through APMEX tonight after being locked out last night. >>

My sister got through tonight too. It's open to anyone who set an Alert Me at this time.

• << <i>The official "Guess When APMEX sells out" game... >>

Thanks! 04/17/2011 at 9:21p.m.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Are you thinking about ATB 2011 Monster boxes? image
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturday the 16th at 8pm PST, Ms.....I like cents!

Good idea.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • sell out guess...4/19/2011 in the 3:00pm hour PST.

Thanks for the contest!
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Monday evening April 18th 5 pm
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1510 left at APMEX, Quick, load up your carts gentleman for the final offering as you have until 8pm Saturday!

Your contest might drive the thread count over 13,000 pretty quickly Ms..
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

<< <i>Are you thinking about ATB 2011 Monster boxes? image >>

If we did a monster box, and with the price of silver as high, I'd want everyone to pay an estimated figure up front. $43 x 5oz/coin x 100 coins/box = $21,500 per box and with the mint releasing a lot of gold, silver and platinum over the next 2 months, I'll have difficulties getting just the single US Mint items I normally collect.

• PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>Remember that your first mobile order to Apmex is free shipping!

Best new profile pics...MsM and PinkFloyd! >>

Make it so, number one! image

Thanks for the contest, Ms!

I'm going to guess this Sunday at 6pm EST!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • seahawkfanseahawkfan Posts: 104 ✭✭

sell out guess...4/19/2011 in the 9:35 pm hour EST.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The official "Guess When APMEX sells out" game... >>

Thanks! 04/18/2011 at 3:33p.m.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the game MsM (No bald woman this time?)

4/20 at 4:20 PST (and I don't smoke)

• From what I've been seeing, it looks like PCGS has really tightened up on all the 69's

• << <i>From what I've been seeing, it looks like PCGS has really tightened up on all the 69's

image >>

They gave them all out last week to the dealers when the POPS jumped so much.

• << <i>1510 left at APMEX, Quick, load up your carts gentleman for the final offering as you have until 8pm Saturday!

Your contest might drive the thread count over 13,000 pretty quickly Ms.. >>

1471 left at 0042 EST. Just got off work and I could not help myself buying silver for less than current melt even after shipping. Went to APMEX and was allowed buy a set. When I tried the other day it did not allow me to buy. You guys on the thread are the Best! Thanks for the information. image
  • 4/17 at 6 PM thanks for the chance.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • 4-18 at 6:38 pm CST.

Thanks for the chance
  • 4/20 at 1700 EST Thanks for the contest!
  • 1467 sets left at 0120 EST
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked Ms Conehead better.

4/18 3:00 PM EST
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
    1449 sets left.

April 18, 2011 at 3:33 P.M. ET

<< <i>

<< <i>Are you thinking about ATB 2011 Monster boxes? image >>

If we did a monster box, and with the price of silver as high, I'd want everyone to pay an estimated figure up front. $43 x 5oz/coin x 100 coins/box = $21,500 per box and with the mint releasing a lot of gold, silver and platinum over the next 2 months, I'll have difficulties getting just the single US Mint items I normally collect. >>

If you did this I would be interested in one with payment up front.
  • Can someone weigh in on Yosemites face of washington mark? With no other issues what has PCGS done on grading those? Any ideas?

• << <i>If we did a monster box, and with the price of silver as high, I'd want everyone to pay an estimated figure up front. $43 x 5oz/coin x 100 coins/box = $21,500 per box >>

If we can confirm price/availability, I'd put up the $$ for 1 tube of 10 pieces.
  • I would be interested in a couple of Gettysburg if the group decides to get a box. I try to go there at least once a year.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is for tuesday 12 noon eastern time, Glad that its almost over and on to the new thread wooohoooooooooooimagebuy me now ampex maybe? As far as the mark on washingtons cheek on yosemite, I have not seen a coin without it, has anyone?
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • My guess is 3203 beans in the jar.

Monday the 18th at 9:53 pm.
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>The official "Guess When APMEX sells out" game...

date and hour of day.

Winner gets..... $1 worth of BU 2009 (P) Log Cabin Cents, unsearched by anyone.

ANY EDIT of the post containing your guess disqualifies you.

Guessing stops whenever I notice than they are down to 375 sets left. >>

Tuesday at 8:00 am Central
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wait Is Over For America The Beautiful 5 Ounce Silver Coins!

Dear tom,

The wait is finally over! You asked to be alerted when the America The Beautiful 5 Ounce Silver Coin Sets became available. This is your only notice and you must take action quickly. We had over 18,000 requests for these coins and now is your opportunity to obtain one of these sets. You must act now because this offer is first come, first served and you don't want this opportunity to pass you by.

You have until midnight (CST) Monday, April 18th, 2011, to go to the APMEX website and purchase your own set.Finally got email just now so round 2 will end monday midnight hmmmmm than round 3? image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
    Yeah, I just got one of those emails, too. I bought a set last night! Pretty goofy.

Bet it takes to round 4 to sell out or maybe Apmex gives up on this pre-registration / lottery thing and lets the unwashed masses purchase a set from them after round 2. image

Sell out time and date? 4/22/11 @ 9 pm.
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the e-mail today and ordered a set. Under melt, even though APMEX advises they add a processing fee of nearly $100. Total was 979.90 paid by check.
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    I really need serious education from my fellow board members about this ATB set being offered by APMEX on their website since yesterday.First off when these sets were first offered by APMEX... I was there but not able to pull the trigger when APMEX first offered this at $1400...then prices went up when PCGS designated the PL's and DMPL's. But now i see theres a lot of these on Ebay and the only ones really doing well are those with the PL and DMPL designations and ofcourse you throw in the FS label with those then you really got a winner. My first question is...why is Apmex selling this now below melt? Second question why do you guys/gals think this is still a great deal , i mean besides the fact that its below melt, what is the reason why those that have these sets already keep buying more? I see that these are PCGS FS BU and not PL or DMPL. If given the chance should i buy one set myself ? What does my fellow forum members think? Your response is sincerely appreciated.

Joe
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Pcgs will grade these numerically for you and you could come out a big winner and if for no other reason the silver value is well worth it . That is

reason enough to buy them alone.

<< <i>
    why is Apmex selling this now below melt? >>

Because the mint told them to back in Dec. after price gouging by Apmex was alleged to be occurring.

<< <i>Second question why do you guys/gals think this is still a great deal , i mean besides the fact that its below melt, what is the reason why those that have these sets already keep buying more? >>

Limited mintage numbers is my reason. 33,000 sets of five coins were struck for 2010. For 2011 to 2020, over 100,000 sets of five coins will be struck per year. Who knows, 2, 3, 5 or 7 years from now, the 2010s will carry a hefty premium.

<< <i>I see that these are PCGS FS BU and not PL or DMPL. If given the chance should i buy one set myself ? >>

These are bulk graded by PCGS like the Amark sets were, some Amark sets have been re-submitted for grading and returned with very high grades. It's all in the luck of the draw. Yes, I think you should buy a set.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I see that these are PCGS FS BU and not PL or DMPL. If given the chance should i buy one set myself ? >>

Hmmmm.... Brand new silver delivered for almost $4/oz under spot? Hmmmm, let me think...
  • John91CJohn91C Posts: 300 ✭✭
    I ordered a set from APMEX...never got an e-mail, just logged into my account and searched ATB and ordered a set of PCGS BU. Was this the norm or could you only order if you got an e-mail from them? Meaning will my order get canceled since I wasn't on the special e-mail list?

<< <i>I ordered a set from APMEX...never got an e-mail, just logged into my account and searched ATB and ordered a set of PCGS BU. Was this the norm or could you only order if you got an e-mail from them? Meaning will my order get canceled since I wasn't on the special e-mail list? >>

Apmex will send you an email eventually. Seems those eligible to buy can get their set before they ever get the alert email. I think if your order is completed, you are good to go.
    Sorry to everyone for all my posting this morning. I'm doing the acetone soak + rinse with distilled water thing on my JH set and I'm bored while I soak. Soaking about 12 minutes on each one in acetone, then rinsing and air / fan assisted drying. Boy, what a difference, my coins are alot shinier without all that white crap on them!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file