Comments

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    John, That Blyleven looks great. Congrats
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    - 1966 Topps hof'er Don Sutton
    - 1983 Topps hof'er Tony Gwynn

One of my SCN buddies got me these two signed while graphing in SoCal. Thanks Scott!
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Gwynn!!! I really enjoy these TTM and IP threads.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    - 1961 Topps hof'er Don Maynard (CSA show)
    - 2005 Topps Total Dwight Howard
    - 1996 Topps Finest Derek Fisher

A SCN board member was kind enough to help me out and get my Maynard rc signed for me at the CSA show last weekend. The Howard and Fisher rc's were picked up off of the SCN BST board.
  • Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    Nice Howard and Fisher rookies :-)
  • Options
    -1976 Topps hof'er Dennis Eckersley (private signing)

I got this signed through a private signing setup by a SCN member. Carew and Kaline are last living hof'er's that I still need that are relatively easy/cheap autographs to obtain. I will be sending out my Kaline TTM sometime next week. I will need to save up some $$ before picking up Koufax, Mays, and Aaron rc's.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    John ... nice Eck.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    John, That Eck is insane. I am so jealous. I saw where Tom posted about gauging interest in Eckersly. I PM'd him and asked if was going to do the signing, and he got back to me informing the signing was in two days. Despite my offering to overnight my Eck Rookie to his hotel in FL, he wouldnt take it. I am SOOOOOO jealous. I want mine signed bad! Congrats!
  • Options
    - 1971 Topps hof'er “Mean Joe” Greene (ttm)

I got back this legendary hof'er TTM yesterday ($25 donation).
  • Options
    How long did it take to receive the Greene back?
  • Options
    - 1968 Topps hof'er Bob Griese (TTM 319 days!!)
    - 1948 Leaf hof'er Charley Trippi (TTM)

I got a couple awesome TTM returns this week. The Bob Griese was sent out 319 days ago! The card was slightly bent at some point, but I am absolutely thrilled to get this one back with a beautiful signature after almost a year wait. Out of all my TTM's that havn't come back yet, this was the one that I really wanted to get back signed. I was just about to write this one off too. These kind of returns are what keep TTM'ing so much fun. You never know when you will get a unexpected return sitting in your mailbox.
  • Options
    I've got a Griese that's been out for a while too! fingers crossed
  • Options
    - 1998 Upper deck Peyton Manning (TTM 278 days!)

This must be my lucky week for TTM's. I had written this one off as a looser months ago. I sent this with a $20 donation to his foundation 278 days ago. To my knowledge, this is the first rookie card that I have seen him sign through his foundation.imageimage
  • Options
    John,

Congrats on the Manning!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    .....and his number added to boot. Very nice John.
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭

<< <i>- 1998 Upper deck Peyton Manning (TTM 278 days!)

This must be my lucky week for TTM's. I had written this one off as a looser months ago. I sent this with a $20 donation to his foundation 278 days ago. To my knowledge, this is the first rookie card that I have seen him sign through his foundation.imageimage
    image >>

Why did you choose the Upper Deck rookie to send versus the Topps? You mention this is the first rookie you have seen him sign, do you think it has anything to do with the Upper Deck vs. Topps?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>- 1998 Upper deck Peyton Manning (TTM 278 days!)

image >>

Why did you choose the Upper Deck rookie to send versus the Topps? You mention this is the first rookie you have seen him sign, do you think it has anything to do with the Upper Deck vs. Topps? >>

Manning will sign all of his rc's IP or at signings. I could be mistaken but I have never seen one signed that was sent TTM through his charity. I sent him a UD rc because the other Manning rc's I have (Topps Chrome, Finest) are in PSA 10 holders and worth a little bit of $. The UD was a PSA 8 that I cracked out and wouldn't be a tremendous loss if I never got it back.
  • Options
    - 1979 OPC hof'er Wayne Gretzky (IP)
    - 1951 Berk Ross Hof'er Bob Cousy (ttm)
    - 1952 Bowman (large) hof'er Gino Marchetti (ttm)

A really good day for returns today. A SCN board member got my 79 OPC Gretzky rc (PSA 3 crackout) signed for me last weekend in Vegas at the Michael Jordan Celebrity invitational. It is definitely not the best looking signature, but I am happy to finally add him to my HOF collection. The next return I am really excited to get. Bob Cousy signed my 51 Berk Ross with a beautiful signature. I was a little worried how this card would turn out considering the small size of the card.
  • Options
    -2003 IIHF ERC Russian League Alexaner Ovechkin (Frozen Pond)
    - 1964 Philadelphia hof'er Don Shula (ttm)
    - 1957 Topps hof'er Harry Gallatin (ttm)

I participated in a signing through The Frozen Pond for Alex Ovechking back in January. My card came back with a very poor signature. The Frozen Pond agreed to get another card for me signed. I got this one back today and I am really happy with how the signature turned out this time around. I was really impressed with their customer service and I will definitely participate in some of their future signings. I also wanted to give JMHockey23 a huge thank you. For some reason Don Shula will not sign autographs TTM for people in Chicago. JMHockey23 was kind enough to send my card TTM to Shula on my behalf. Thank You!!
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    I thought your eBay ID looked familiar when you bought that Harry Gallatin from me. Looks great autographed!
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Ovechkin!
  • Options
    - 1962 Fleer hof'er Billy Shaw (ttm)
    - 1954 Parkhurst hof'er Keith Allen (ttm)

A couple of HOF TTM's came in the mail today. Billy Shaw also included one of his own signed hof cards with my rc! The signature on the Allen is a little rough. I might try resending him a card at some point in the future. I include a Staedtler with all my HOF TTM requests but for some reason or another he opted to use his own pen.
  • Options
    - 1967 Topps hof'er Rod Carew (IP)
    - 1960 Topps hof'er Stan Mikita (IP)
    - 1963 Topps hof'er Bob Lilly (ttm)

I had a fantastic day of returns today! A SCN member was kind enough to take my card to an awards dinner last week, and got my Carew rc signed! I know have every living hof player besides Mays, Aaron, and Koufax. A SCN board member also got my Mikita rc signed for me at a signing over the weekend.

Last and definitely not least, was a TTM return from Bob Lilly. I want to give a huge thanks to a CU board member (BenOutbid) for this one. I had posted on the BST forum that I was looking to buy a Lilly rc. BenOutbid contacted me and sent me a scan of the card he had. I PM'ed him back and told him I would like to buy his card off him and if he could please send me his paypal address. Several days had passed and all of a sudden the Lilly card was sitting in my mailbox. When I contacted BenOutbid, and asked him again for his paypal address, he told me that the card had been sitting in a storage for over 20 years. He told me he was happy to give me his card as a gift for my hof TTM collection. I was absolutely blown away by this random act of kindness and want to give David a big THANK YOU!!!

• Options
    - 1984 Topps USFL hof'er Jim Kelly (GTSM)
    - 1986 Fleer hof'er Isiah Thomas (GTSM)

A SCN board member attended the GTSM show last weekend and got these two signed for me. I have been wanting to get these two guys for a while now and I am thrilled with how they both turned out.
  • Options
    - 1961 Fleer hof'er Bailey Howell (ttm)
    - 1981 Topps Harold Baines (ip 1989)

I got my Howell rc back today TTM with a $20 donation to his charity. He was kind enough to use and return the Staedtler I included. The Baines has an short story to go along with it. Last weekend I was going through some of my old cards and I came across this card. It was signed back in 1989 when I was 10 at my first card show in Chicago that my dad took me to. It was also the first autograph that I had I ever got in person. I can remember thinking how it would be worth a small fortune one day. image
  • Options
    - 1954 Topps Al Kaline (ttm)

I got this legendary player back today ttm with a $20 cash donation. I find it amazing that a player of his caliber still signs for such a nominal fee when players with a fraction of his ability charge 100's of dollars at shows. Thanks AL!!

• Options
    Awesome cards! All I can say is WOW!
  • Options
    - 1969 Topps John Havlicek

I want to thank Bill (initialD) for helping me get my Hondo rc signed for me at a show in Boston a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    - 1969 Topps Bill Bradley (ttm)
    - 1971 Topps Dave Cowens (public signing)

I had a huge surprise arrive in the mail today. I sent a TTM along with a 4 page hand written letter to this former Senator and basketball HOF'er almost 7 months ago. I knew it was a long shot getting this one back, since Mr. Bradley is not known to sign TTM. Returns like this are what keep TTM'ing so much fun. A SCN member also got my Cowens rc signed for me at a public signing last weekend.
  • Options
    Great Bradley. $200 Card probably if Slabbed.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Nice Bradley! I can't remember if I told you about how I got that mine back. Sounds like you used the same method.
  • Options
    -1966 Philadelphia Bob Brown (CSA show)
    - 1957 Topps Tommy McDonald (CSA show)

I haven't had any TTM returns come back this week. However, I did get these two Hof rc's signed at the CSA show a couple weeks ago with the help of a SCN member.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    That's a sharp McDonald. Nice pickup.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    - 1971 OPC Marcel Dionne(ttm)
    - 1951 Parki Edgar LaPrade (ttm)
    I was pretty excited to get these two Hockey HOF'ers back from TTM with nice signatures. I was a little nervous how the LaPrade was going to turn out since the card is so small and Edgar is an older gentleman who has a noticeable tremor in his hands when he signs smaller items like cards. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with how everything looks. Thanks Mr.LaPrade and Mr.Dionne!!!
  • Options
    -1988 Fleer Update Glossy John Smoltz(
    - 1993 Topps Gold Jerome Bettis
    - 1986 Topps Bruce Smith
    - 1984 OPC Chris Chelios
    - 1985 Topps Richard Dent
    - 1986 Donruss Paul O'Neill
    - 1978 Sportscaster Sugar Ray Leonard
    - 1993 Toni kukoc Topps & UD
    - 1993 Topps Penny Hardaway
    - 2010 Stuart Scott A&G

Thanks to the help of a SCN board member, he got me these signed at the Michael Jordan celebrity golf tournament in Vegas last month. Most of the signatures turned out pretty good. The Sugar Ray was definitely a rushed signature, and probably won't pass PSA authentication. The Smoltz and Bettis were the two big ones for me, and shouldn't have a problem finding their way into a PSA slab.
  • Options
    John ... as I mentioned in the other forum, always Great to get so many at once.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    - 1989 Hoops David Robinson (ttm 427 days!)
    - 1974 OPC Lanny McDonald (ttm)
    - 1987 OPC Adam Oates (ttm)

Today was a good day for me for TTM's. I sent my David Robinson into his Shipmates charity 427 days ago. I had written this one off as a looser a long time ago. Another surprise was hockey HOF'er Lanny McDonald who hasn't had a recorded success on SCN since 2005. Last but not least, was from future HHOF'er Adam Oates. I would have a hard time believing that he won't get into the hall in the next couple of years.
  • Options
    Great pick ups!!! Lanny is a big TTM success, every board I look on has written him off as a non-signer. Great job on Oates too. I'll have to send to him in the near future.
    Thanks
    Sean

Always Looking for vintage hockey autographs

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Fantastic Lanny McDonald. I have never seen anyone get him. Adam Oates belongs in the Hockey Hall of Fame. That McDonald is a real nice pickup for free. Probably a $35 card. Very Nice.
  • Options
    Thanks guys... I was really surprised to get my Lanny back with such a nice signature. I am starting to think it pays off in the long run to include a handwritten letter that is personalized to each of the athletes. Since I have started hand writing my letters, I have noticed a increase in the % of returns I have been getting back.
  • Options
    - 1961 Fleer Lenny Wilkins (TTM)
    - 2008 Topps & Bowman Chrome Refractors Matt Forte (IP)

I finally got around to picking up a Wilkins rc. He is one of the most reliable TTM signers out there. I picked up the card off of eBay and was pleasantly surprised with how nice the card was when I got it. I think it has a good chance at getting a PSA 8 (OC). I also attended a local Matt Forte signing last weekend and got a couple refractors signed. I have high hopes this year for Matt Forte with the Bears recent draft pick of offensive tackle Gabe Carimi.
  • Options
    Jmhockey23Jmhockey23 Posts: 652 ✭✭
    High hopes? Keep dreaming, John. image
  • Options
    - 1989 Topps Tiffany Gary Sheffield
    -1971 Topps Rick Barry
    - Matt Forte McFarlane
    The Sheffield and Barry are from a couple of private signings set up by SCN members. Matt Forte also had another local signing last weekend and I got a McFarlane signed since I already got a couple of cards done the week before.
  • Options
    -1950 Bowman hof'er Dante "Glue Fingers" Lavelli
    - 1973 Topps hof'er Jim Langer
    - 2007 Topps Chrome Xfractor Greg Olsen

A few new additions this week. I was able to work out a deal with a SCN member and picked up this Dante Lavelli rc. The Langer was a TTM return, and I got the Olsen signed locally at the grand opening of a bank.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Awesome Lavelli...I saw that for sale on the SCN boards and was wondering whether anyone I knew bought it. Congrats!

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    -1961 Topps hof'er Rod Gilbert
    - 1970 OPC hof'er Brad Park
    - 1971 Topps hof'er Bert Blyleven (ttm)
    - 2009 Heritage Chrome Gordon Beckham (ttm)

Here are a few more returns from this week. A SCN board member got my Gilbert and Park rc's signed for me for a small fee at a event he attended. I also received back a couple nice TTM returns. I had sent Blyleven my card TTM (with donation) a couple of months ago. I had figured that it wasn't coming back since he was inducted in the HOF and had a signing deal with MAB.
  • Options
    - 1957 Topps hof'er Jack Twyman (ttm)
    - Frank Thomas Big Stick bat (IP)
    - Billy Williams Big Stick bat, 1961 Topps rc, 11x14 (IP)
    - Scotty Pippen 5x7 (ip)
    - Starlin Castro 11x14 (IP)
    - Greg Olsen 11x14 (x2 IP)
    - Matt Forte custom 11x14 (IP)
    - UFC heavy weight champ Cain Velasquez 11x14 (IP)

I haven't had many TTM returns come back over the past few weeks. The only one I have gotten back is my 1957 Jack Twyman rc. I wsa really happy with how well it turned out. He is know to personalize most requests and sign is name kind of small on cards.

I also had a chance tonight to bust of the camera and take some photos of some of the other stuff I have gotten signed in person over the past few months.

- I attended a book signing tonight for future HOF'er Frank Thomas. He was strict with only signing his book and not signing outside memorabilia. I got their pretty late, so I decided to hang out for 20 minutes. When he concluded his book signing he waved over the 5 people that were still standing there, which included myself, and signed my bat. I was amazed that he did this. During his playing days he wasn't always the most fan friendly. This is the second time meeting him since his retirement and he has been absolutely great with the fans on both occasions.

- The next story doesn't go so well. Scotty Pippen was scheduled to do a free signing at a T-Mobile store a couple weeks ago. It was advertised that he would sign one outside item for the first 200 people. I also called the store just to verify that he was signing memorabilia and they confirmed that he was. I couldn't pass this up so I took off of work early and waited in line for 3 hours. I was about halfway back in the line and was pretty pumped to get my ball signed. Once Pippen got their he announced that he would only sign a pre-printed t-Mobile 5x7. I was not the only one that was very disappointed. I really thought there was going to be a riot. There were people who had been waiting for over 10 hours under the impression that they were going to get their item signed. One of my buddies overheard Pippen's conversation with the manager of the store and he heard Pippen comment how he wasn't just going to sign peoples sh$t for free. I find this really crappy coming from the so called ambassador of the Bulls.

- On a positive note, Billy Williams did a local free signing at a department store. I dragged my wife along for this one, since it was less then 5 minutes from my house. He was super cool and friendly and was actualy asking people if they had anything else they wanted to get signed. This is probably the first time I have ever heard those words come out of the mouth of a hof'er.

- The rest of the photos were signed during different local signings over the past few months. I just haven't had time to take pics of everything until now.
  • Options
    - 1989 Score hof'er Thurman Thomas (SCN BST)
    - 1969 Topps hof'er Tom "Satch" Sanders (SCN signing)
    - 1964 Topps hof'er Bobby Bell (ttm)

I purchased the Thurman Thomas from an SCN member back in January. The envelope was postmarked January 18th and it finally arrived today 6 months later. I'm happy to see that my post office delivers my mail in a timely manner. image
  • Options
    - Prince Fielder ROMLB, 11x14
    - Rickie Weeks 2003 Fleer ticket to the majors, 11x14, 8x10
    - Rickey Williams Custom, 8x10, 11x14
    - CM Punk (2) 8x10
    - Body Miller 11x14
    -Rick Barnes 8x10
    - Paris Hilton ROMLB, (2) 11x14

A buddy of mine contacted me a couple days ago and told me he had an extra ticket to the National Cable show here in Chicago. I normally focus on getting rc's signed but do to the lack of time, I had to get photos printed instead. This was an unbelievable event in terms of getting autographs. It was packed with star athletes and celebrities combined. Out of the whole assortment of items I am probably most excited about my ball that I got signed by Paris Hilton. IMHO she is probably in the top 5 hottest chicks on the planet. I was also really surprised with how nice she was in person to everyone.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice picture of Paris on all 4. I could hurt myself on that, LOL.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs