Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

jswieton's auto RC thread-2014 Chicago Sox Fest

I am going to use this thread strictly for my TTM and IP collection. I am primarily focusing on rookie cards of the 4 major sports.
--
I couldn't sleep tonight, so I figured I would bust out the scanner and catch up with scanning some of the cards I have picked up in the past few months. The first one I am really excited about. This Garnett has been a white whale of mine for the past few years. I really never expected to get a KG signed rc for my future HOF set. Big thanks to Steiner Sports for doing a signing with him at a fairly reasonable cost.

Comments

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure if the Singletary is legit. I recieved it very quickly and looks different then other addy's on eBay.

These both came in the mail today. I am pretty happy with getting the Herschel walker back!!
  • Options
    Nice Walker... mine just came back today too!
  • Options

<< <i>Nice Walker... mine just came back today too! >>

Great cards!

Can you provide me the address to : Taylor, Hull & Walker?

Best regards!
    Buying or trading for these signed Jeter rc's:
    1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

• Options

<< <i>

Great cards!

Best regards! >>

Taylor you used to be able to get via the football hall of fame.

I would be interested in Hull as well as I didn't realize he was signing TTM.

Walker used to have an apartment address in Dallas, not sure if this is still the case. See what John used recently as I have been out of the TTM scene for over a year now due to time contraints with a little one at home and another on the way.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Herschel Walker – 3000 Blackburn Street, Apt 1902, Dallas, TX

I sent him two cards back in March and received them back on Long Island in 23 days!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

Great cards!

Best regards! >>

PM sent
  • Options
    I’ve had some pretty decent returns over the past week. I sent Snider and Ford an OMLB since at the present time I am a little short on funds and couldn’t afford their rookie cards. I will try and upgrade to their RC one day in the future. I am absolutely thrilled with getting the Theismann back. The Dawson was a PSA 8 crack out and it should still get an 8 once I resub the next time they offer a special.
  • Options
    How much was Ford TTM?
  • Options
    Those were 4 nice returns. Enjoy them!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>How much was Ford TTM? >>

I think I sent ford $25 or $30, I left my check book at work so I am not sure. He was a fast signer, I had the ball back in a week.
  • Options
    I received these back this week. I am super excited about the Hull. I would normally not be greedy since I already had him sign one of my cards but Hull was my favorite player growing up. This was my Glove when I was a kid from when I used to play hockey. I was really surprised to get it back so fast since he had to make a special trip to the PO to ship it because of the size and weight. It is awesome that some guys actually appreciate their fans. I did send him $15 with the glove. Well worth the money in my opinion. I also got my wife to let me display it on top of our entertainment center!! This is definitely my favorite TTM so far.
  • Options
    GOOD 4 U! Now enjoy that display piece!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I received Bart Starr's TTM back today. I sent him a semi-deflated ball in a large bubble mailer. I figured he wouldn't want the hassle with dealing with a box. He sent it back to me pumped up in a box with my SASE in the box stating that he didn't want the signature to get damaged. There was a note to call his assistant to reimburse them for the shipping. It is pretty cool that he actually cares that his fans are happy with his autograph. He could have very easily shoved the ball with wet ink into the envelope I sent him. I did donate $35 to his charity but it is still a fraction of what he usually charges at shows.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    well done John! you're kicking butt!
  • Options
    Once again ... an AWESOME return!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Bart Starr is all class! Great looking football!
  • Options
    I got back James Lofton and Tom Mack today. They each sent me one of their own auto'ed cards too!

• Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    Not trying to discourage you, but I think your right. The Singletary looks very off. I've seen him sign in person several times and have a few autos myself and that looks totally different.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Lofton and Mack. Maybe this means that my Mack will be coming back soon (sent September 1st).
  • Options
    I got back Fuzzy Zoeller and Bryan Trottier today. The Trottier was kind of odd. I sent him his rookie card which was a PSA 7 crack out and a $10 donation. He wound up keeping my RC and giving me back my donation. He sent me one of his own cards signed and a personalized signed post card. I am not sure why he didn’t just sign the card I sent him. Maybe he wanted it for his own collection. Either way it is nice to get a signed card from someone who does not sign a ton of TTM.
  • Options
    I had a pretty good day today with getting my TTM's returned. (Sloan, Stadler, Mount, Dean)
  • Options
    could the Sloan be the worst looking card ever?
  • Options
    Nice returns. Keep 'em coming.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe Trottier does his mail. Did you pay for that? Also did you pay for the Hull on the 88 OPC.
    BTW that looks like a fake no dot over left shoulder.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

<< <i>I can't believe Trottier does his mail. Did you pay for that? Also did you pay for the Hull on the 88 OPC.
    BTW that looks like a fake no dot over left shoulder. >>

I sent both of them small donations but they each sent my money back to me. Leathtech got his Hull auto authenticated from the same address I used.
  • Options
    PM sent
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I can't believe Trottier does his mail. Did you pay for that? Also did you pay for the Hull on the 88 OPC.
    BTW that looks like a fake no dot over left shoulder. >>

I sent both of them small donations but they each sent my money back to me. Leathtech got his Hull auto authenticated from the same address I used. >>

yep - mine came back ok from PSA/DNA - I scan tomorrow.
  • Options

<< <i>I scan tomorrow. >>

Scan now you must,

Yoda
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I am sorry I wasn't questioning the auto but the 88 OPC Hull card. It looks like a counterfeit.
    I am going to mail a Hull, Selanne and Trottier's off after Christmas. Do you just mail it to the teams or
    do you have addresses for those 3?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

<< <i>I am sorry I wasn't questioning the auto but the 88 OPC Hull card. It looks like a counterfeit.
    I am going to mail a Hull, Selanne and Trottier's off after Christmas. Do you just mail it to the teams or
    do you have addresses for those 3? >>

The Hull was a PSA 8 crackout that I sent him. PM sent with addy's.
  • Options
    I got these back in the mail over the past few days. I have to admit that the golfers are definitely the quickest to sign and return TTM.
  • Options
    I got Gary Carter in the mail today. I had to donate $25 to Mr. Carter's charity for this TTM. It was well worth the $. I kind of wish I sent him a nicer looking RC but I wasn't sure if he was going to sign it and I didn't want to risk a higher grade card. Either way, I am very pleased with this return. I'm sorry for the crappy scan. I haven’t figured out how to use my new scanner yet.

• Options
    Always nice to get Carters auto on his rookie. Do you think a different color sharpie would have looked better?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you think a different color sharpie would have looked better? >>

Kinda what I was thinking as that blue on blue doesn't show up very well but I would love that in my collection.
  • Options
    ya I agree, blue would have not been my first choice. I think a silver sharpie would look the best. I am just happy it wasn't smeared.
  • Options
    I received my Steve Young that was a PSA 7 crack out today!! It was almost three months since I sent it. I was starting to think it was a goner. I made a $20 donation to Mr. Young's charity. This might be my favorite TTM so far.

• Options
    I got another pretty cool TTM back today. Rick Barry signed and personalized my RC. This was a BGS 5.5 crack out. I sent a $5 donation with this one.
  • Options
    The Starr is a beauty. He is a class act!
  • Options
    I recieved a pretty nice return today. I got Tom Weiskopf to sign the front of his card. Usually he only signs the back. I sent him a $10 donation, which he returned, and a letter asking him to sign the front. I explained to him in the letter how I was trying to put together a signed set. That was pretty cool of him. I also got a signed tennis ball back from Ivan Lendl. He added one of his own signed post cards with the ball.
  • Options
    I got my Walton back from a private signing today!!
  • Options
    Nice one! Mine still hasn't returned! image
  • Options
    Wow!! Some amazing returns in such a short amount of time. Some of those guys are really hit and miss too, you've done REALLY well.

Mike
  • Options
    I had some pretty cool TTM’s returned today. The Tiny was a PSA 8oc crack out. I am a little disappointed with the thumbprint but I guess that was bound to happen. The Carl was a BGS 8.5 crack out and it still should grade high. For some reason this is one of my favorite returns so far. The Fran Tarkenton ball was sent almost 3 months ago. I included his standard $25 fee with this one. Overall I am extremely happy with all of these returns.
  • Options
    LOVE the Tarkenton ball. I sent him a card about 4 weeks ago. You're making me believe it will come back soon! image
  • Options
    That Tarkenton Football is fantastic. I could see myself getting addicted to TTM's.
  • Options

<< <i>That Tarkenton Football is fantastic. I could see myself getting addicted to TTM's. >>

Ya, I am super happy with the Trakenton ball. I am really surprised he did not personalize it, which I am happy about. I have no intention of ever selling any of my auto's but it is nice to know if I ever have to, I can.

It is very easy to get addicted. I had never sent a TTM before up until a few months ago. I had never really payed much attention to many of the TTM threads on the message board before. Once I got that first autograph in the mail I was hooked. Now I love seeing what everyone else is getting in the mail. I highly suggest you at least try it. It is a ton of fun and I have saved a bunch of $$ rather then busting open wax and trying to pull gradable cards. I plan on getting most of my TTM's graded next time PSA offers a special but it will still be cheaper then what I used to sub every month.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That Tarkenton Football is fantastic. I could see myself getting addicted to TTM's. >>

Ya, I am super happy with the Trakenton ball. I am really surprised he did not personalize it, which I am happy about. I have no intention of ever selling any of my auto's but it is nice to know if I ever have to, I can.

It is very easy to get addicted. I had never sent a TTM before up until a few months ago. I had never really payed much attention to many of the TTM threads on the message board before. Once I got that first autograph in the mail I was hooked. Now I love seeing what everyone else is getting in the mail. I highly suggest you at least try it. It is a ton of fun and I have saved a bunch of $$ rather then busting open wax and trying to pull gradable cards. I plan on getting most of my TTM's graded next time PSA offers a special but it will still be cheaper then what I used to sub every month. >>

Plus, if you feel like doing a group break of some 70's or 80's stuff - you'll have fresh cards for TTM! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>T

Plus, if you feel like doing a group break of some 70's or 80's stuff - you'll have fresh cards for TTM! image >>

This is so true... Now I am not super ticked off if I pull a rookie card that has a dinged corner or is slightly OC. I have boxes of NM rookie cards that are now getting some use.
  • Options
    Very nice returns ... Enjoy them!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I had some pretty nice returns today. I thought the Gossage was a goner. I sent it almost 2 months ago. I sent him a $10 donation with the card. It is a pretty sweat signature. The three golf cards were also returned ttm. Leo Thompson also singed and included two of his own cards!! I also received a signed lot of 81 Golf cards that I won on eBay for $14. The lot included a Peter Jacobsen RC which I was happy about.
    I won these on eBay...