Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

jswieton's auto RC thread-2014 Chicago Sox Fest

Comments

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    - 1991 Maxx Bobby Labonte rc

This was a nice surprise, I sent this TTM out 218 days ago. I figured this card was as good as gone. Even though I am not a huge Nascar fan, I can still remember watching him race as a kid.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Bobby Labonte is a class guy! Nice Auto
  • Options
    I picked up a pair of signed FS Bears Helmets. The first one is a vintage style signed by Gale Sayers (includes personal hologram and PSA authentication). The second was signed by Brian Urlachor (includes personal hologram). I was thinking about starting a Multi signed piece. I am just not sure which helmet I want to use. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    I went to a free Derrick Rose signing today at a local car dealership. There were a couple hundred people that showed up for the signing. This was actually the first signing that I wasn't able to get multiple items signed. BJ Armstrong is his manager, and was a stickler for only allowing 1 item per person. I wasn't aware of the signing until late last night and was not able to find a RC in time. However, I was able to get a nice looking signature on a ball.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    That Gale Sayers helmet is a very nice piece. I have been looking around for a piece just like that for my office/man room. Congrats
  • Options
    - 1986 Fleer James Worthy rc (Thanks Mike!!!!!!!)

I want to give a huge thanks to VitoCo1972!! Mike sent me this awesome addition to my signed HOF rc collection!!

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice Worthy. Those Lakers teams were stacked!
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    - 1969 Topps hof'er Jerry Lucas -private signing
    - 1970 Topps hof'er Jan Stenerud- (1)TTM ($5 donation) & (1) purchased from SCN member

I have had some nice returns over the past several days. The first is from a NBA legend. The Jerry Lucas was signed at a private signing that I mailed in. I am very happy how the auto turned out. He even signed it with the pen I requested. The second and third returns are a little strange. I sent Jan Stenerud a TTM several month back($5 donation). I figured that my TTM was as good as gone. I wound up purchasing a signed card from a SCN member. Two days after receiving the card that I bought my TTM was signed and returned.

• Options
    -1983 Topps Ryned Sandberg rc

I am really happy with this return. Sandberg was one of my childhood idols growing up. A SNC member was able to get my Sandberg rc signed for me. The card is just as minty fresh as when I sent it.
  • Options
    1977 Topps Series 3- Darth Vadar- James Earl Jones
    1977 Wonder Bread- Darth Vadar- James Earl Jones

I was really excited to get these two back TTM. It is pretty cool that an actor of his stature is still willing to sign for free TTM.
  • Options
    Sweet Vaders. James Earl Jones is greatness.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1977 Topps Series 1- Darth Vadar- James Earl Jones
    1977 Wonder Bread- Darth Vadar- James Earl Jones

I was really excited to get these two back TTM. It is pretty cool that an actor of his stature is still willing to sign for free TTM.
    image >>

Nice!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    -1971 Topps HOF'er Charlie Sanders (TTM)
    -1989 Score Cris Carter (SCN member)
    -1989 Proset Steve Awater (SCN member)
    -1994 Stadium Club Larry Allen (SCN member)

Some nice additions to my collection arrived today. The 1971 (hof'er) Charlie Sanders was signed TTM. The next three are future hof'ers that were purchased from a couple of SCN board members.
  • Options
    That's a nice Larry Allen. He was a helluva player.
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    I really like the Sanders... he has a great looking sig!
  • Options
    -1957 Topps Whitey Herzog (hof'er)- TTM

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>-1957 Topps Whitey Herzog (hof'er)- TTM

image >>

is Whitey now charging TTM?
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Ya, ever since he got into the HOF he charges $10 for cards and $20-$25 for balls.
  • Options
    -1987 Fax-Pax John McEnroe (TTM)

This was a nice return from one of Tennis's all time greats, I sent this out TTM back in December and figured it was a goner.

• Options
    Great McEnroe! I want one!!! I've still got to get one of those fax pax sets and send them out. They look like great cards.
  • Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Can I get the addresses for James Earl Jones and McEnroe?
  • Options
    used to love watching mcenroe and connors go at it. when tennis was fun to watch.
  • Options
    1986 Fleer hof'er Clyde Drexler - (private signing)
    1983 Topps hof'er Mike Singletary- (private signing)

I had a couple of nice returns today from a couple of HOF'ers. I am extremely pleased with how they both turned out. After receiving my Singletary back it is obvious that his TTM's are ghost signed by someone else.

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Hadn't even heard about a Singletary signing. Great job on that one. Was he expensive?
  • Options
    No, very affordable for a HOF'er. Tripple Threat Sports did the signing for $30 flats with free HOF inscription.
  • Options

<< <i>No, very affordable for a HOF'er. Tripple Threat Sports did the signing for $30 flats with free HOF inscription. >>

wow I missed that signing too! You are right the TTM sig is not even close to that one!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No, very affordable for a HOF'er. Tripple Threat Sports did the signing for $30 flats with free HOF inscription. >>

wow I missed that signing too! You are right the TTM sig is not even close to that one!!!!!![/q

-
    Here is the TTM signature

Here is the IP signature
  • Options
    -1973 Topps hof'er Jack Youngblood- (Tristar signing)
    -1967 Philadelphia hof'er Jackie Smith- (Tristar signing)

Here are a couple of HOF'ers that a SCN member had signed for me at the Tristar show over the weekend.
  • Options
    -1968 Jack in The Box hof'er Elvin Hayes (SCN signing)
    -1969 Topps hof'er Elvin Hayes (SCN signing)
    -1984 Topps hof'er Rickey Jackson (TTM)
    -1956 Topps hof'er Lenny Moore (TTM)
    - 1970 Topps hof'er Elvin Bethea (TTM)

I had a huge day for returns today! I received back 3 football Hof'ers that were signed TTM and, two rc's of Elvin Hayes that were done at a private signing setup by a SCN member.

• Options
    -1967 Philadelphia hof'er Leroy Kelly (TTM)
  • Options
    -1959 Topps hof'er George "Sparky" Anderson (TTM)

I received a nice return today. This was my second attempt to Mr. Anderson to sign his RC. The first one I sent back in December was probably lost in the mail. He is one of the few baseball hof'ers that is still willing to sign for free ttm.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Very nice Sparky. At one point last year he stopped signing TTM, but then he started up again.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Sparky. Does he still live in Southern California?
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    -1974 Topps hof'er John Hannah (Canton signing)

A scn member attended the Land of Boz show last weekend and was nice enough to take my rc along for the ride.
  • Options
    - 1998 Press Pass (explosive red insert) Tony Stewart rc
    - Tony Stewart die cast model

I went to a free Tony Stewart signing today at a local Office Depot. He signed over 200 autos in under 15 minutes. I was kind of afraid that my card might get smeared or damaged in all the commotion. I am really pleased how my items turned out.
  • Options
    Nice Stewart autos. I have been a huge Stewart fan since he was a rookie. I met him down at the NASCAR race in Vegas back in 2003. I had my shirt in-hand and a Sharpie. I walked up to him and the look on his face looked like he was having a bad day. I was hoping that he would see what I was looking for--but I was to much of a coward to ask. He just walked right by me. I hated him for about a day, but realized it was my own fault for not asking for the auto. Still a big fan of him.
  • Options
    -1984 Topps hof'er Dwight Stephenson
    -1986 Topps hof'er Bruce Smith
    -1977 Sportscaster hof'er Billie Jean King

I got back these three HOF'ers back TTM. I am a little disappointed that Bruce Smith personalized mine since he has been pretty reliable TTM signer as of recently for many other board members without personalizing their items. i guess he is afraid that people might start exploiting his generosity and start selling his signed items on eBay.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Billie Jean King does have a Panini card from Italy in the early 70s if you are able to track that down...I used to have one. Sportscasters are great for autographs though. Great job!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    - 1965 Philadelphia hof'er Paul Warfield

A SCN member was kind enough to take my rc to the CSA Chantilly show over the weekend.
  • Options
    - 1969 Topps hof'er Wes Unseld

I received my Wes Unseld rc back today from a private signing that a SCN member set up.
  • Options
    - 1961 Fleer hof'er Walt Bellamy

A sweet TTM return awaited my arrival home from work today. A very nice looking signature from a true NBA legend. Mr. Bellamy also included two of his own signed cards with the RC I sent him.
  • Options
    -1989 Score hof'er Barry Sanders (Mounted Memories show)
    - 1957 Topps hof'er Jim Bunning (Mounted Memories show)
    - 1972 Topps hof'er Julius Erving (Mounted Memories show)
    -1980 Topps hof'er Julius Erving bird/dr.J/Magic (Mounted Memories show)

I attended the Mounted Memories show in Chicago today. The Barry Sanders signing was a little expensive, and I could have picked up a graded PSA/DNA card off of eBay for cheaper. However, he was one of my childhood favorites and I really wanted to meet him. I am also really excited to start the Bird/J/Magic trio. This card was one of my all time favorite cards as a kid.
  • Options
    The Doctor is in the house! Very nice Ervings. Congrats! Was he nice, or did you get to interact with him any?

Mike
  • Options
    By the way, the Sanders is pretty sweet too

Mike
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    John ... GREAT looking autos! BUT DAMN, you are making me feel old when you said that Sanders was your favorite card when you were A KID (I was 31 in '89 ... LOL)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>John ... GREAT looking autos! BUT DAMN, you are making me feel old when you said that Sanders was your favorite card when you were A KID (I was 31 in '89 ... LOL) >>

Doug, I am 31 now.lol image
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>John ... GREAT looking autos! BUT DAMN, you are making me feel old when you said that Sanders was your favorite card when you were A KID (I was 31 in '89 ... LOL) >>

Doug, I am 31 now.lol image >>

Good age...me too!
  • Options

<< <i>The Doctor is in the house! Very nice Ervings. Congrats! Was he nice, or did you get to interact with him any?

Mike >>

Ya, he was a really cool guy. I really didn't say much to him because I was trying to stay focused on the cards I was getting signed. I had several high priced cards signed for other board members. I wanted to make sure I got them signed correctly. He was very accommodating when it came to requesting that he use several different pens and placement of the signatures. One thing I can say, he has the largest hands I have ever seen. When he went to shake my hand it absolutely dwarfed mine, and I am not a small guy.
  • Options
    very cool... you dropped some nice coin at the Show!
  • Options
    -1955 Bowman hof'er Bob St. Clair (SCN trade)
    - 1994 Classic hof'er Dick Vitale (TTM)

I picked up the Bob St. Clair through a trade with a SCN member. I was super excited to get back my Dick Vitale's that were sent TTM. He included 3 of his own items including a personalized photo to "Joe" image. The really cool part about this is that he sent me back my SASE and used his own envelope and $1.29 in postage to send my cards back. At first, when I saw the envelope I figured ESPN had sent me back some generic fan pack. I was really thrilled to see that my cards were signed. They appear to be authentic and not ghost signed when I compare them to his factory signed auto's. I have been hand witting my ttm letters as of lately. I truly feel that this has made a difference in the quality and quantity of the returns I have been getting.