Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

jswieton's auto RC thread-2014 Chicago Sox Fest

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Once again, nice results. Gone are the days when DA GOOSE signed for free! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    John McEnroe signed my ball TTM.
  • Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Nice Lendl and McEnroe. Where did you get addresses for these guys? Can you PM me the addresses? Did they want any $$$ to sign?
  • Options

<< <i>John McEnroe signed my ball TTM. >>

Lol, JM is the best. So passionate, the best I say.. image

Hull, Trottier, Young, Carter...

And a special notation to John for adding Brett as the first awesome TTMer in this thread, great card. image

Edit: I know what my New years resolution will be. image
  • Options

<< <i>Nice Lendl and McEnroe. Where did you get addresses for these guys? Can you PM me the addresses? Did they want any $$$ to sign? >>

Welcome to the message board and you need to turn on your PM's so I can send you the addy's.
  • Options
    I received this TTM from Frank Viloa today ($5 donation). This was a cool TTM for me because I actually pulled this card from a pack when I was a kid. The second autograph is kind of random. I was at the mall today after work doing some last minute Christmas shopping. There is a local sports memorabilia shop in the mall. Richard Dent just happened to be doing a signing there for his charity tonight. I had him sign a mini helmet that I bought from their store ($60 including the helmet). I could have probably found a signed PSA graded helmet for a lot cheaper on eBay but it was fun to meet a childhood hero of mine. He also gave me a sweet inscription.
  • Options
    I think I've created an autograph monster with you John!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I think I've created an autograph monster with you John!!!! >>

Ya you did, thanks a lot.
  • Options
    This weekend I received Roger Wehrlie back in the mail ($5 donation). Mike (VitoCo1972) sent me an extra RC that he had. He told me that he had just had success with Roger and that for a small donation he returned his RC with a nice signature. Thanks Mike, you were right, it was signed and returned within 7 days!! The next return I opened was amazing. I sent Sterling Sharpe his Score Sup. rookie card (PSA 7 crack out) plus a $10 donation. He sent me back my card signed as well as three extras, one being his rookie card, plus a Christmas card from his family!

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    sharpe is one of my altime favorite fantasy football players, seems like a great guy.

i loved watching in play.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    I received Dan Reeves, Detlef Schrempf, Lem Barney ($15.00 donation), and Steffi Graf TTM over the past few days.
  • Options
    Did you write Schrempf c/o his foundation? I just found his blog, it's pretty funny.
  • Options

<< <i>Did you write Schrempf c/o his foundation? I just found his blog, it's pretty funny. >>

Ya, it took about a month to get back.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    John - Did you send to Sharpe c/o the NFL Network or did you use a different addy?
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    I had a great return today. I have a friend that lives in New Jersey that I went to school with. I recently reconnected with him on Face Book. We were having a conversation a couple months back. I told him how I have been collecting autographs through the mail. He told me that a friend of his, at his Gym somehow knows Martin brodeur, and that he could get me his autograph. I didn’t think much of it at the time since the story was a “friend of a friend” will hook you up. I sent him a rookie card anyway thinking that I really had nothing to lose. Well, anyway I received an envelope in the mail today that said Merry Christmas. When I opened it I almost fell down. I need to make sure that I send my buddy a nice Christmas present next year.

I also received back my signed UFC glove today from Georges St. Pierre that a guy from SCN got me for $20 at last weekend’s fight.
  • Options
    I got Will Clark and Ben Crenshaw back today. I really never intended to get Clark back signed. I figured that I would take a chance and send it out anyway. It took almost two months to get it back but it was well worth the wait!
  • Options
    Recieved a nice TTM back today from Bill "Bullet Bill" Dudley.
  • Options
    Very nice Brodeur and Clark.

Sent my Brodeur out on March 30, 2009.

Sent my Clark out on August 22, 2009.

Still waiting for both to be returned signed. Fingers still crossed!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    This was one of the first TTM's I send out almost 3 months ago. I thought this was a goner for sure. The scan does not give it justice but it is one of the best looking graphs I have gotten back.
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John, that’s a great looking Jason Kidd. When I lived in Tampa, I drove to Orlando to see the Magic and Mavs play (Kidd’s rookie year). The hotel the Mavs stayed was across the street from the arena. Kidd walked from the hotel to the arena on game day and I was very fortunate to get his auto on a basketball. He was a very nice guy. BTW I enjoy these TTM threads.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>The hotel the Mavs stayed was across the street from the arena. Kidd walked from the hotel to the arena on game day and I was very fortunate to get his auto on a basketball. >>

I think I might have been with you on that trip image My ball that I got signed is sitting in eye sight right now on the shelf in my closet! Fun Times!

John, I love that Will Clark and Goose Gossage card you got. Very nice.
  • Options
    I got these three back over the past few days (Larry Brown, Andre Agassi, and Anna Kournakova). The Agassi was sent from his foundation and isn't the same ball I sent him. The graph looks legit but I am sure they are pre-signed since it is a different ball. It doesn't matter to me but I would imagine that if you tried sending a card you wouldn't get it signed unless you were really lucky.
  • Options
    I got these three RC's back today.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, thunderdan baby!!!

• Options
    I received these four back today. I had held off from sending Earl Campbell a RC for a while due to his high asking price. I had to make a $30 donation for his auto, which is a little high in my opinion. However, he is one of the NFL's all time greats so I guess I shouldn't complain considering he charges a lot more at shows. The Carmelo was also a pre-signed post card that was sent back to me with my unsigned RC.
  • Options
    Some nice additions. Enjoy!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    Carmelo looks really excited to be at that photo shoot.
  • Options
    those are some very nice returns! keep it goin!
    who dey!

looking for 1964 topps baseball psa graded 7+
  • Options
    I recieved these in the mail this week. I should be getting some sick IP returns later next week.
  • Options
    This is going to be an amazing week for returns. These weren't even the cards I was referring to. The Alex Gordon is a Bowman RC refractor. That’s why the scan looks so crazy. I got him IP from a buddy for $10. I guess Gordon actually commented about how nice of a card it was. The Rollie Fingers I got TTM with his normal donation. The Randy Couture was free TTM. The first time I sent it in a couple months back I got a RTS with it.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Very sweet UFC piece. Your collection is coming along quite well.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Charlie Joiner card. He has such a nice auto. Very Sweet!!!
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    I love the Couture glove. Did you send that to his gym? I just mailed off an A&G card to him today.

• Options
    No, I sent it to his house. I have read that he will sign from the gym too.
  • Options

I received these three back today. They were all free TTM. The Cassell and the King were sent out over 3 months ago. I was pleasantly surprised with those two. I kind of wish I sent Stabler a nicer looking card. I might have to upgrade that one in the future.
    -
  • Options
    I agree .. that Stabler card would look real nice with even a PSA "6" condition card!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I had some great returns today. There was a member at SCN that attended the B.A.T Dinner. He took my 75 Yount, V. Coleman, and L. Gonazlez. I was really not expecting much but I thought it was worth a shot with sending him with my cards. I was extremely surprised when I opened my mail today to find all three of them signed!

The next return was also from a SCN member. He got my Lincecum RC refractor signed for me at a Giants awards dinner. Even though the graph is a little funky I am happy that he signed my card. Hopefully it will still pass PSA authentication because I am definitely subbing it the next time they offer a special.

The last three were obtained TTM. The two Mussina’s were sent several months ago. The Kareem was an interesting return. I sent him a letter asking permission if I could send him my RC to get signed with a donation. He sent me his own card signed in my SASE and didn’t answer if I could send him my RC. I am not really sure if I want to risk sending him the card since he didn’t respond. Either way I am very happy to get his signature on anything.
    -

• Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    I as just wondering when you send out those TTM's, do you send the card in a card saver or just penny sleeve. I nephew and I have gotten our first few back and the signature is smeared on one card. It seems like some athlethes don't put the card all the way back in the CS either.
  • Options
    Fantastic haul today John!

• Options

<< <i>I as just wondering when you send out those TTM's, do you send the card in a card saver or just penny sleeve. I nephew and I have gotten our first few back and the signature is smeared on one card. It seems like some athlethes don't put the card all the way back in the CS either. >>

I use a CS1 with no penny sleeve. I have had a couple come back smeared. I usually stick the back end of a sharpie in the CS1 to stretch them out a little before putting the card inside. You run the risk of the card slipping out during shipping but I would rather have a dinged corner than a smeared auto.
  • Options
    John ... AWESOME returns! Enjoy them.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Got my Moose back today too. Just haven't had a chance to scan it yet.
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Those are some sweet cards John!
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice. I just can't see the card not getting ruined by just sending them in a penny saver, but I read on here a guy that said that's how he sends them and has never had a bent card.
  • Options
    Way to go!!! More great returns!image

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the advice. I just can't see the card not getting ruined by just sending them in a penny saver, but I read on here a guy that said that's how he sends them and has never had a bent card. >>

Every once in awhile the athlete won’t put the card back into the CS1. I would say that at least half of those show some sort of damage. I would recommend using some form of top loader.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I've never used any sort of card protection when sending TTMs, and I've never had anything more than a soft corner.

I just think it lessens the chance of it getting sent back if the guy has to fool with it. I use the peel and stick envelopes for this reason, as well.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.