Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

jswieton's auto RC thread-2014 Chicago Sox Fest

Comments

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    - 1988 T&M Sports hof'er Doug Harvey (ttm)

It has been pretty slow getting TTM's back over the past couple of weeks. I was really pleased to see this one come back with a nice signature and HOF inscription.
  • Options
    - 2002 Topps Mark Teixeira
    - 1990 Fleer Gary Payton
    - 1974 OPC hof'er Scotty Bowman

I few new additions that I picked up from a SCN board member.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Very nice returns!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Here are a few recent TTM returns. I find it kind of ironic that I got my Gary Paytons back considering I just bought one from another board member. I guess you can never have to many signed cards of a future hof'er. I have also been slowly working on the 86 Fleer basketball set. This was the first one I have gotten back from the batch of TTM's I recently sent out.
  • Options
    - 1965 Topps Hof'er Ed Giacomin (TTM)
    - 1972 Topps Hof'er Emmitt Thomas (eBay)
    - 1986 Fleer Hof'er Robert Parish (TTM)

A few Hof'ers to add to my collection. The Emmitt Thomas is in bad shape, as you can see. I picked it up on eBay for really cheap and figured it would be something I could use for a trade in the future. I will be upgrading it at the Mounted Memories show in Chicago in March.
  • Options
    -
  • Options
    - 1954 Topps Hof'er Tom Lasorda
    - 1973 Topps Hof'er Dave Winfield
    - 1962 Topps Joe Torre
    - 1984 Donruss Don Matingly

I had a huge day of returns today. A board member (Jeserone) has been getting several cards signed for me at different in person events over the past 5 months. I have quite a few cards to scan, and will periodically update my thread over the weekend. Thanks Jes!!
  • Options
    -1987 Fleer Update Glossy Greg Maddux
    -2001 UD Ryan Howard
    -1990 Score Hof'er Rob Blake
    -1982 OPC hof'er Grant Fuhr

Here are a few more that Jes got signed for me out in Cali over the past few months. I am really happy how the Maddux turned out. This is one of Greg's better looking signatures. Thanks Jes!!
  • Options
    - 1951 Bowman Hof'er Whitey Ford (TTM)

Even though the card is in bad shape, I am really happy to finally add this card to my signed HOF rc collection. I have been searching for a well centered cheap beater to get signed for the past year and a half.
  • Options

<< <i>- 1951 Bowman Hof'er Whitey Ford (TTM)

Even though the card is in bad shape, I am really happy to finally add this card to my signed HOF rc collection. I have been searching for a well centered cheap beater to get signed for the past year and a half.
    image >>

Nice job getting Ford done... I also had a hard time tracking down a card to have him sign.
  • Options
    I had a great day of returns. I am really thrilled to be able to add Ernie Banks to my HOF rc collection. This is easily in my top 5 favorite signed cards in my collection. I am also pumped to get back my Steve Largent. This was my 3rd attempted to get my card signed TTM. I guess persistence paid off.

The third card I am very disappointed with. I got my 05 Young Guns Ovechkin signed at a signing at the Frozen Pond in Canada. The reason I am pissed is that the signature looks like crap. It looks like he tried starting the signature with a dried out Sharpie and than signed over it with a different pen. The top left corner also got damaged at some point. I will be giving them a call in the mourning. This is completely unacceptable for a signing that cost me $100 for the signature.

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I hope that means my Banks will also arrive tomorrow since I didnt get it today!

Congrats on Largent. I have been sitting on mine wondering if I should try sending it to him. Was there a fee?

Sucks about the hockey card! Hope they take care of you
  • Options
    Banks looks really nice ... hope the promoter takes care of you on that hockey card if you are not pleased.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>I hope that means my Banks will also arrive tomorrow since I didnt get it today!

Congrats on Largent. I have been sitting on mine wondering if I should try sending it to him. Was there a fee?

Sucks about the hockey card! Hope they take care of you >>

Barry,

I didn't send a donation with my Largent. The previous two times I tried sending him TTM I included a $5 donation and a Sharpie. This time I just sent the card and a hand written note. I would imagine that you will get your Banks back tomorrow. I live 40 miles north off Tom Orr so yours will probably take an extra day or two to get.
  • Options
    - 1996 Bowman's Best Ray Lewis

I was really pumped to get this one back signed. A SCN member was able to get my card signed for me at the Pro Bowl last month. Ray Lewis is arguably in the top 3 greatest middle linebackers of all time. I would imagine that he would have been a lock for a fist ballet hof'er if it wasn't for his stabbing/murder allegations. I would have to believe that the HOF frowns upon players allegedly killing people. I guess only time will tell if he will get into the hall.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭✭
    wow! nice Lewis. I dont know if he killed those guys. I doubt he did, but he certainly obstructed justice, no doubt about that.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>wow! nice Lewis. I dont know if he killed those guys. I doubt he did, but he certainly obstructed justice, no doubt about that. >>

He's in first ballot no matter what. OJ and LT are both in. Lewis is on their level in terms of being that much better at his position than his contemporaries.
  • Options
    - 1991 Stadium Club Brett Favre (TTM $50 donation)
    - 1965 Philly hof'er Mel Renfro (TTM)
    - 2003 Topps Chrome Refractor Carlos Boozer (IP Chicago auto show)
    - Mcfarlane Carlos Boozer (IP Chicago auto show)

Today was a good day for TTM's. This is the first time in over a month that I have received two requests back in one day. I am super pumped to get my Favre back. There has been much controversy over on the SCN board regarding the TTM returns coming back from Favre. Most of the returns appear to be secretarial except for the ones that are sent with a sizable donation to his wife's charity. After seeing the return jmhockey23 got back that was authenticated by PSA/DNA I figured I would take a shot with a $50 donation. I have spent the last half hour comparing it to PSA/DNA examples and the the other TTM's that appear to be ghost signed . I am 95% certain this is legit and not secretarial. If anyone can please give me there opinion it would be much appreciated. Please be honest, this wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Hey John,

FWIW, in my opinion, your Favre is authentic.

Nice additions,

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    - 1972 Topps Hof'er Ron Yary (ttm)
    - 1987 Fleer Update Glossy Matt Williams
    - Nike Mars Blackmon card- Spike Lee
    - 2005 Topps Bazooka Jenny McCarthy

I received the Ron Yary back today from a TTM request. I also had a few cards that have been sitting on my desk, that Jeserone got signed for me in Cali over the past couple of months.
  • Options
    - 1961 Topps hof'er Jim Otto (ttm)
    - 2005 Topps Bazooka Carmen Electra

I have been wanting to add Jim Otto to my HOF collection for the past year. I have been the under bidder at least a dozen times. I was happy to finally pick up this PSA 5 that I cracked out and sent to Mr. Otto ttm with his standard donation. I board member also got this Carmen Electra signed for me at an appearance in CA a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    Very nice additions John.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    John,

Sorry to say but I like Mike Navarro's Carmen Electra better image

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options

<< <i>John,

Sorry to say but I like Mike Navarro's Carmen Electra better image

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

I know what you mean, Greg, Carmen's signature was much easier to read on Mike's card image
    Thanks
    Sean

Always Looking for vintage hockey autographs

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    -1982 OPC hof'er Dale Hawerchuk
    - 2002 Topps Chrome Refractor Patrick Sharp (IP)
    - 16x20 Patrick Sharp (IP)
    - 16x20 Dave Boland (IP
    - 16x20 hof'er Bobby Hull (IP)

The Hawerchuk was signed for me at an event a SCN member attended over the weekend. I got the Patrick Sharp rc and 16x20 signed at a grand opening of a retail store near my home. The same 16x20 was also signed by Dave Boland a couple weeks ago at the Chicago Auto show the same night I met Carlos Boozer. Last, but not least, was my Hawks print that I got signed by Bobby Hull last month at a local ice arena.
  • Options
    -1969 Panini Mario Andretti (ttm)

A pretty cool TTM return arrived in the mail today. I had my fingers crossed that I would get this one back from one of the worlds iconic race car drivers. Don (daddymc) was kind enough to send me this card to send out TTM last month after learning that I had been searching for one to get signed. Thank You!!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi John

Like the other TTM'ers - just superb.

I think that's a great card of Andretti!!!

Thanx - the TTM threads are some of the best on CU.
    Mike
  • Options
    - 1968 Topps hof'er Floyd Little (ttm)

A nice TTM return from a 2010 HOF inductee.
  • Options
    - 1971 Topps hof'er Dave Cowens
    - 1952 Bowman small hof'er Hugh McElhenny

I want to give Bill (initialD) a big Thank You!! for getting my Cowens signed for me at a local signing he attended over the weekend. The McElhenny was signed at a private signing that a SCN member set up.
  • Options
    - 1957 Topps Hof'er Paul Hornung (Sun Times show)
    - 1983 OPC hof'er Tony Gwynn (signed IP by a board member)
    - 1991 Pro Set John Daly (CU pickup)
    - 1972 Topps Hof'er Ted Hendricks (ttm)

I have picked up a few rc's over the fast couple of days. The Hornung was signed at the Mounted Memories show in Chicago tonight. The Gwynn my signed IP by our friend Jes in SoCal a couple of days ago. I picked up the Daly rc from the lot that Doug has up for sale on CU. Last, but not least, was my Hendricks which was signed TTM with a modest donation. I am pretty excited for tomorrow and Sunday at the SunTimes show where I will be able to knock off a few more HOF'ers.
  • Options
    Hey John,

I'll trade you a LL Cool J signed rookie for the John Daly signed rookie if you want

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Hey John,
    I'll trade you a LL Cool J signed rookie for the John Daly signed rookie if you want
    Mike >>

Hey John ... tell Mike that he had 1.5 months to buy that Daly card from this board! LMAO!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey John,
    Mike >>

Hey John ... tell Mike that he had 1.5 months to buy that Daly card from this board! LMAO! >>

Doug,

That would have required me to read. I got through college just looking at the pictures, LOL. You got any more hidden gems in that list?

Mike
  • Options
    Sorry Mike, I am going to hang onto this one. I have tried sending Daly a few times TTM over the past couple of years without any luck. I was really pumped when I realized Doug had one for sale sitting right in front of me. If I happen to get one back TTM at some point you are more than welcome to it.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey John ... tell Mike that he had 1.5 months to buy that Daly card from this board! LMAO! >>

Doug,
    That would have required me to read. I got through college just looking at the pictures, LOL. You got any more hidden gems in that list?
    Mike >>

HAHAHA Good answer Mike.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    - 1984 Topps hof'er Dan Marino (SunTimes show)
    - 1952 Bowman small hof'er Yale Lary (SunTimes show)
    - 1972 Topps hof'er Emmitt Thomas (SunTimes show)

I got these signed at the Sun Times show today. I am really happy how well the Marino turned out,
  • Options
    Sweet Marino, wish we had some of those nice shows down here.

Mike
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Marino looks great John. I hope mine turned out just as well.

• Options
    The Marino is Amazing. Yale Lary is Terrific as well. I got Emmitt Thomas on his 1972 and 1973 Cards when he was with Atlanta as a coach. I have Been Looking for a Yale 1952 Large at a good price to get signed. I think the 1952 and 1952 Ollie Matson are the coolest cards in the Set. Marino's Rookie is Iconic, I remember buying Marino's Rookie for $10 in 1990, it was of my first Big Cards as a little kid, I also remember paying $15 for Dickerson's Rookie. Great Card one of the Ten Greatest Cards. A Manning and Brady may come and go, but a Marino 1984 is Forever!
  • Options
    - 1967 Topps hof'er Tom Seaver (Sun Times show)
    - 1971 Topps hof'er Roger Wehrli (SunTimes show)
    - 1988 Topps Tiffany hof'er Roberto Alomar (SunTimes show)

Here is my haul from today at the Chicago SunTimes show. Besides picking up these, I was also able to pick up some sweat deals on some HOF rc's I need to get signed. Overall, the show had a good energy to it and people seemed to be spending cash. Hopefully this is a sign that the economy is making a turn in the right direction.
  • Options
    John ... as I mentioned on the OTHER board, looks like you spent just a LITTLE BIT of cash this weekend! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    John
    You had a heckuva weekend for your collection!
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Fantastic. Love the Alomar!
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    I don't like you. Your stuff is too nice. image
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    The Seaver and Marino do look great... I can't wait to get mine back (Big thanks.!

Also I really like the Alomar - for me the Topps Tiffany is his best looking rookie!
  • Options
    - 1987 OPC hof'er Luc Robitaille (SCN signing)
    - 2006 UD Young Guns Anze Kopitar (SCN signing)

I got these two back today from a signing setup by an SCN board member.

• Options
    Nice, Robitaille! I am hoping to get my back from him, but it might be gone. I sent one to his foundation, with a donation to the foundation. They cashed the check, but I haven't received my card back yet. Still crossing my fingers!
    Thanks
    Sean

Always Looking for vintage hockey autographs

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Luc Robitaille signed 2 Cards and a Custom Index really fast from his Foundation for me in the Summer. I have seen little to no successes from his Foundation lately. That is a nice Rookie of one of the most underrated Scorers in Hockey History.
  • Options
    - 1981 Topps hof'er Kellen Winslow (private signing)
    - 1971 Topps hof'er Bert Blyleven (CU BST)

The Kellen Winslow was signed at a private signing set up by a SCN board member. The Blyleven was picked up off of the CU BST message board. As of right now the only living baseball HOF'ers that I still need are Mays, Aaron, Kaline,Koufax, and Carew. I am also waiting to receive back Sutton and Eck from a couple of SCN members.
  • Options
    500!!!