Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So have anyone thought of what the price would be on any of the pucks missing edge lettering? >>

That's why I'm not that crazy about A-Mark putting these into PCGS slabs. You can't tell if you've hit the lottery. >>

This has crossed my mind a few times and I hope PCGS is checking the side lettering on all of these. Seems to me the USM was having problems with the side lettering and if there are any errors to be had, this is a likely spot.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    guys

when the bulk of these sets get to the purchasers

it's gonna be ugly on ebay

a collector base may develop later - but it will be ugly initially
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So have anyone thought of what the price would be on any of the pucks missing edge lettering? >>

That's why I'm not that crazy about A-Mark putting these into PCGS slabs. You can't tell if you've hit the lottery. >>

It may be possible to see the edge lettering perhaps by using an X-Ray machine image
  • Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There are less than 150 ATB 5 oz auctions on ebay right now and prices are about 2-3K for raw coins. It makes sense to me that if you are going to flip these Amark, MTB or Fidelitrade coins, now is the time. It hurts the auction to have to use a stock photo and list as a presale, but what happens when there are 1000 or more ebay auctions going in about 4-8 weeks. The price has to fall when that happens. I could see prices ranging from $1500 to $2000 on the raw coins at that point. Thats $500 to a $1000 left on the table if you don't presell. Of course this assumes you are not going to get them graded. Any thoughts. >>

Hadn't thought of doing a pre-sale. image I wonder what the success rate is for the puck pre-sales with the long delivery times. I wonder how many deals get canceled by buyers.

On the other hand, if you are a buyer now of a set of pucks in a pre-sale - aren't you betting that prices will be higher later on and you want to lock in a price now?

It seems the smart way to go if you are the seller to want the money now so the buyer can't back out if prices tumble. >>

Pre-sales can only go 30 days out on Ebay.
  • Options
    I can realistically see a price of no lower than twice melt - mature - assuming

1) no other lower mintage bullion in subsequent years
    2) a real collector following develops

but it could get very ugly in the coming six to eight weeks, depending on the slew of sets that hit ebay - raws could get down below twice issue......

probably a buy there from weak hands, as long as silver holds in the >25 range
  • Options

<< <i>guys

when the bulk of these sets get to the purchasers

it's gonna be ugly on ebay

a collector base may develop later - but it will be ugly initially >>

This is definitely true IF the sets hit ebay at the same time. FTrade and AMark will hit around the same time and there will be a fall then. How much? It very well may be substantial, but I think it too will effected by metering because A LOT of those coins will head for the graders instead of an immediate ebay hit. And remember, there is no specific rule from the USM as to when these need to be distributed by. There seems to be a metering effort by the APs, and whether that's intentional or not, it's hard to say. But my gut tells me the rest of the APs will not start releasing until the hubub over FTrade and AMark has subsided a bit. But...I could be wrong. The window between the release of these and the numismatic pucks is closing. But even if the numismatic pucks hit tomorrow, they will sell out immediately and the bullion will still sell like hotcakes. I don't think the numismatic pucks are a concern from the standpoint of the APs selling these things. Only if they were receiving kickbacks would they have concern.

As Bochi said earlier, the new "flippers" always think their first flip is the best and it will last forever. These are wise words. All I have to say is that this affair has been sooo strange and sooo perversed who the hell knows what will happen?
  • Options
    dont worry, they probably will

ebay is a dog eat dog world....

it never surprises me how sellers keep undercutting each....right down the toilet...

my opinion is that there will be bargains to be had, beacuse most of the ppl who bought these have absolutely no clue of what they have

and will get really worried when prices start dropping.

wait those weak hands out. there will be alot of weak hands.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Box In Hand Is Worth Two In The Bushimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Just got my acceptance notice from Fidelitrade! My check/order was in the USPS Express batch rec'd the next day and signed for at 2:20 pm. Please note I also sent them a member/customer application that they rec'd the same day coincidently. So I was a customer previous to my order being accepted, allbeit just for a few hours. Wanted all my bases covered prior to this fiasco. Here's what I got this afternoon:

--Order Acceptance--

Thank you for your order of America the Beautiful Coins. Your order has been accepted and is now being processed.

Please allow up to four weeks for your coins to arrive.
    The coins will be shipped to the address on your purchase order, via FedEx Express Saver Service.

Again, thank you for your business.
    FideliTrade Incorporated

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got my acceptance notice from Fidelitrade! My check/order was in the USPS Express batch rec'd the next day and signed for at 2:20 pm. Please note I also sent them a member/customer application that they rec'd the same day coincidently. So I was a customer previous to my order being accepted, allbeit just for a few hours. Wanted all my bases covered prior to this fiasco. Here's what I got this afternoon:

--Order Acceptance--

Thank you for your order of America the Beautiful Coins. Your order has been accepted and is now being processed.

Please allow up to four weeks for your coins to arrive.
    The coins will be shipped to the address on your purchase order, via FedEx Express Saver Service.

Again, thank you for your business.
    FideliTrade Incorporated >>

No email yet.
    I sent them an email asking if they received my order 3 days ago and have not gotten a
    response yet.
  • Options
    7/8 you are probably right. But I think the longterm potential of these inaugural sets, with these high-caliber parks in very high grades could be big. But we probably won't know that for years.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A Box In Hand Is Worth Two In The Bushimage >>

So true and very well said. image
  • Options

<< <i>MS70? >>

Stock images said 69, but if they really have these, this is big. Especially if a PCGS MS70 surfaces.

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An ANACS MS70 cannot be trusted. It may be good enough for some, but it may as well be an NGC or PCGS 69, IMO.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Cashed check but no email, part of 10:47 group FideliTrade.
  • Options
    I think ebay presales can go out 45 days.
  • Options

<< <i>An ANACS MS70 cannot be trusted. It may be good enough for some, but it may as well be an NGC or PCGS 69, IMO. >>

For sure. Anyone have any idea how many of these ANACS has graded, and if so, how many are 70s? Though I don't have a lot of faith in ANACS, a pop report from them would be interesting to look at.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>An ANACS MS70 cannot be trusted. It may be good enough for some, but it may as well be an NGC or PCGS 69, IMO. >>

I agree. I saw some close ups on HSN of some 69s and there were what appeared to be some huge abrasions,
    nicks and the like. Unacceptable for a 69.
  • Options
    MS70 ANACS, BIN of $US $44,999.00????? image
    relisted link
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>MS70 ANACS, BIN of $US $44,999.00????? image >>

I'll take two!
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the tally is now for these AP's having shipped to the real public, I think it is still less than a thousand sets.

APMEX Maybe 400 sets
    MTB 100 sets?
    GC 350 sets to those waiting in line

Total only 850 so far?

Maybe the sale prices are being held down because you can still buy them for mint issue price if you are clever. Once all of them sell out and ship, the real prices will start to be seen perhaps 6 months later.

When all is said and done, maybe half the coins will have gone to the public and half to dealers and company buddies it seems.
  • Options

<< <i>Cashed check but no email, part of 10:47 group FideliTrade. >>

I got a order confirm email from Ftrade, check not cashed. Go figger.
  • Options
  • Options
    ANACS 70.

not PCGS 70

there is a world of difference.
  • Options

<< <i>MS70?
    Stock images said 69, but if they really have these, this is big. Especially if a PCGS MS70 surfaces. >>

Email from the seller:

<< <i>my word is the proof. you will get an anacs graded first strike ms70.

my broker got confirmed of this grade.

this has been the third set graded ms70. the other two sold already !!
    >>

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Just got my acceptance notice from Fidelitrade! My check/order was in the USPS Express batch rec'd the next day and signed for at 2:20 pm. Please note I also sent them a member/customer application that they rec'd the same day coincidently. So I was a customer previous to my order being accepted, allbeit just for a few hours. Wanted all my bases covered prior to this fiasco. >>

I was in that same group at 2:20, but I haven't received the email yet. I, too, had been a customer for a few days before the frenzy, but nothing for me yet. My fingers are crossed...
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>Double die pucks!!
    http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=17345 >>

Repost: Not a double die image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>MS70 ANACS, BIN of $US $44,999.00????? image
    relisted link >>

FREE SHIPPING!!!!!
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think ebay presales can go out 45 days. >>

Wrong.

Policy overview
    Presale listings generally consist of items that are sold before they're available to the public, such as video games, tickets, and custom-made items. (For the rules on magazine subscriptions and certain promotional items and events, see Additional information.) Often the items aren't in the seller's control or possession when they're listed.

If you want to sell presale items, be sure to meet all of the following criteria:
    Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing.
    Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.
    The handling time specified in your listing should reflect the time from the end of the listing until the item is shipped to the buyer—not the time the item is in your possession. Be sure to specify the correct handling time in your listing.
    In the listing form, you need to use the default font size of 3 so people can easily see these sale terms.
    Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options

<< <i>

relisted link >>

FREE SHIPPING!!!!! >>

200 ebay BUCKS!!!
  • Options
    Apologies if a repost, but new info on AMark's ATB site:

"Registration for Tuesday’s (1/25/11) sale of sets is closed, please check back Wednesday 1/26/11 as we will be taking registrations for additional sets. We expect to have sets available for two more weekly sales."
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Apologies if a repost, but new info on AMark's ATB site:

"Registration for Tuesday’s (1/25/11) sale of sets is closed, please check back Wednesday 1/26/11 as we will be taking registrations for additional sets. We expect to have sets available for two more weekly sales." >>

that's good to hear.

that way, their numbers might add up.

good thing I held off contacting the mint while awaiting more info.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>MS70?
    Stock images said 69, but if they really have these, this is big. Especially if a PCGS MS70 surfaces. >>

Email from the seller:

<< <i>my word is the proof. you will get an anacs graded first strike ms70.

my broker got confirmed of this grade.

this has been the third set graded ms70. the other two sold already !!
    >>

>>

Ah, yes, the "according to my broker" gambit.

What a freaking crock.

Thanks for the email from the seller, too funny!!! image
  • Options

"Registration for Tuesday’s (1/25/11) sale of sets is closed, please check back Wednesday 1/26/11 as we will be taking registrations for additional sets. We expect to have sets available for two more weekly sales." >>

I figured the second allocation from the Mint of the 600 or 700 sets might be handled separately. They might even have a different price. I was wondering how the APs would be handling the two allocations.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>

I figured the second allocation from the Mint of the 600 or 700 sets might be handled separately. They might even have a different price. I was wondering how the APs would be handling the two allocations. >>

Kudos to Amark for being above board and updating as to what's going on. image

Sure beats 3ell out of "DON'T CALL"
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I figured the second allocation from the Mint of the 600 or 700 sets might be handled separately. They might even have a different price. I was wondering how the APs would be handling the two allocations. >>

Kudos to Amark for being above board and updating as to what's going on. image

Sure beats 3ell out of "DON'T CALL" >>

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    I hear AMARK will alert second chance sale recipients by email on Monday

Then they can proceed to buy their set
  • Options

<< <i>

I'll take two! >>

I was thinking the same but then I decided that I just can't go a dollar over $44K/set. Perhaps if he gets some more...
  • Options

I'll take two!

I was thinking the same but then I decided that I just can't go a dollar over $44K/set. Perhaps if he gets some more... >>

Apparently he's reading the forum, he raised the price to $47,000. It is set up for Best Offer, so you can offer him $44K.
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder what the tally is now for these AP's having shipped to the real public, I think it is still less than a thousand sets.

APMEX Maybe 400 sets
    MTB 100 sets?
    GC 350 sets to those waiting in line

Total only 850 so far?

Maybe the sale prices are being held down because you can still buy them for mint issue price if you are clever. Once all of them sell out and ship, the real prices will start to be seen perhaps 6 months later.

When all is said and done, maybe half the coins will have gone to the public and half to dealers and company buddies it seems. >>

I think that MTB is substantially higher.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hear AMARK will alert second chance sale recipients by email on Monday

Then they can proceed to buy their set >>

I'm locked and loaded ( opp's I cant say that anymore) and ready to go.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'll take two! >>

I was thinking the same but then I decided that I just can't go a dollar over $44K/set. Perhaps if he gets some more... >>

If auctioned I bet he'd get less than 4k. 40 grand....what a joke!
  • Options
    What amazes me about the ebay sales is the incredible inconsistency, even w/in a day's sales. Sealed brings moon money, then just over raw, singles bring well over $500 and then sub-$475 starting bids go unsold, ect, ect. The sales prices are just so all over the map, no rhyme nor reason.

As to the 70s, just for kicks, it a PCGS MS70FS single went up today in a true auction what would it bring? I say about $6K. What say you?
  • Options

<< <i>

I'll take two!

Apparently he's reading the forum, he raised the price to $47,000. It is set up for Best Offer, so you can offer him $44K. >>

Awesome! I'm on it! Dibs on this one guys and gals if he changes to OBO. Heck, with Ebay Bucks and CC rewards plus FREE shipping he'd be practically giving these away at $44K! Can't wait to get these gems - he might even take $43.5K if I'm really lucky!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'll take two!

Apparently he's reading the forum, he raised the price to $47,000. It is set up for Best Offer, so you can offer him $44K. >>

Awesome! I'm on it! Dibs on this one guys and gals if he changes to OBO. Heck, with Ebay Bucks and CC rewards plus FREE shipping he'd be practically giving these away at $44K! Can't wait to get these gems - he might even take $43.5K if I'm really lucky! >>

I love the spinning coin animations on his page. Or are they flipping? I bet coinsantiques is bummed right now because he's about to be dethroned as the king of the puck-flip. He forgot that quality sometimes outflips quantity.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    I just got this email from A Mark Yeah! Finally a break! image

Congratulations, you were one of the first 250 registrants for the US Mint America the Beautiful Coin sets. You will receive instructions on Monday with a code that will allow you to order one set of the America the Beautiful Coins.

We are sending you this e-mail in advance to advise you that the offer you will receive Monday is valid only for Tuesday 1/25/11. Please be sure to check your e-mail Monday to confirm you have received instructions and a code on how to place your order. This offer to purchase is only valid for Tuesday 1/25/11. If you do not receive a code and instruction Monday please call customer service at 310 319-0388 after 2:00 PM PST.

A-Mark Direct

PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I hear AMARK will alert second chance sale recipients by email on Monday

Then they can proceed to buy their set >>

I'm locked and loaded ( opp's I cant say that anymore) and ready to go. >>

As long as you don't put gunsights over a portrait of Mr. Moy, I think you'll be ok.

• Options

<< <i>I just got this email from A Mark Yeah! Finally a break! image

Congratulations, you were one of the first 250 registrants for the US Mint America the Beautiful Coin sets. You will receive instructions on Monday with a code that will allow you to order one set of the America the Beautiful Coins.
    >>

Nice work! Congratulations!

I half expected that email to say, "This message will self-destruct in 30 seconds."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file