Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Renman thats the letter I recieved and I'm pretty sure what everyone else recieved as well
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>here`s a new ID for the antiques people??? antique10111 >>

That is a numerical reference to how many pucks that they got from Gold Center via bulk sales (with NO Mint consequences - had to add that in).
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>got to be honest guys -

looks like NGC is the way to go for ER.....apparently only offering till the 20th?

PCGS will First Strike EVERY puck

Even though PCGS grading is stricter, I would rather have a set of NGC 69's than PCGS 66/67/68's >>

I'm leaning this way also. What say the rest of you?

• Options
    gyromacgyromac Posts: 213 ✭✭
    my coins were hand delivered to the grading room by Wondercoin ( thanks again for handling the whole ordeal mitch) on the 28th...

did we go over them with a fine tooth comb....no...just shipped my APMEX box to mitch

are we happy with the grades....we'll see said the wise old lady....

everything isn't what it first seems....were we expecting better....well not really, we simply tried to get to pcgs first and knew that without much to base their decision on we could be disappointed

thanks again to Jaime Hernandez for the image and the recognition
  • Options

<< <i>Comrades, I just got an email from FideliTrade that states "only an acknowledgement that your request has been received. This is NOT confirmation that your request has been accepted." "If your request is accepted, you will receive an Order Confirmation in the upcoming weeks..."

Anyone else get this? >>

Same one I received from them.

Question, here is a ebay sale for NGC ER, how/why would you send in a set and not get any grade, just the slab and the ER label.

link
  • Options

<< <i>my coins were hand delivered to the grading room by Wondercoin ( thanks again for handling the whole ordeal mitch) on the 28th...

did we go over them with a fine tooth comb....no...just shipped my APMEX box to mitch

are we happy with the grades....we'll see said the wise old lady....

everything isn't what it first seems....were we expecting better....well not really, we simply tried to get to pcgs first and knew that without much to base their decision on we could be disappointed

thanks again to Jaime Hernandez for the image and the recognition >>

You beat me by one day. Mine were shipped via USPS Express Mail on the 27th at 19:39 EST and delivered to PCGS on the 29th at 09:30. Well done.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Comrades, I just got an email from FideliTrade that states "only an acknowledgement that your request has been received. This is NOT confirmation that your request has been accepted." "If your request is accepted, you will receive an Order Confirmation in the upcoming weeks..."

Anyone else get this? >>

Question, here is a ebay sale for NGC ER, how/why would you send in a set and not get any grade, just the slab and the ER label.

link >>

This type of "BU"grading was ONLY available to DEALERS (sound familiar?). I think that many did this fearing poor grades. Based on the completed, single coin auctions, this may not have been a bad idea at all. One just went for over $800.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Anyone else get this? >>

link >>

Thanks.

I asked this because I thought everyone was getting the "Order Confirmation" e-mail. I haven't seen anyone mention the "acknowledgement" email.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Anyone else get this? >>

link >>

This type of "BU"grading was ONLY available to DEALERS (sound familiar?). I think that many did this fearing poor grades. Based on the completed, single coin auctions, this may not have been a bad idea at all. One just went for over $800. >>

Thanks Raufus, I was confused as to why anyone whould have them slabbed and not get them graded,
  • Options
    My pleasure!
  • Options
    http://www.buyamericathebeautifulnow.com/

Available for sale Jan 18th
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    I thought it was originally supposed to be sold the 17th, did they move it back a day, or is somebody else selling Monday?
  • Options
    which AP is this???
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>http://www.buyamericathebeautifulnow.com/

Available for sale Jan 18th >>

What's for sale at this site?
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>which AP is this??? >>

That would be A-mark.
  • Options
    Yes its A-Mark
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...other than a splash page, do we have any other details re the A-Mark sale? Checks only...? Credit cards? Only those on a contact list or pre-existing customers will get preference?

Or will it be a total free for all (first come, first served)?

Anyone...anyone?
  • Options
    On their main page, click the "Home" tab. You'll see a link "how to buy and sell precious metals."

Click that, and then you'll see the link "Open An Account." Once you click that it shows an email address you can contact to open an account.

Probably a good place to start.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That listing doesn't have the same format as the other listings by coinsantiquesxx. Not to say it isn't. >>

i wasn`t sure if it was the same seller or not but i think its the same location. >>

Hah! Good catch. It likely is and they probably were alerted by someone about the thread and how they were found out and are trying to avoid the eye of the mint while they continue thumbing their noses at the mint's directives and screwing of the normal collector

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So...other than a splash page, do we have any other details re the A-Mark sale? Checks only...? Credit cards? Only those on a contact list or pre-existing customers will get preference?

Or will it be a total free for all (first come, first served)?

Anyone...anyone? >>

I imagine more info will be on the www.buyatb.com site soon.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought it was originally supposed to be sold the 17th, did they move it back a day, or is somebody else selling Monday? >>

Monday is a Federal holiday.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Date change from the 3rd to the 17th:
    Accepting order requests beginning January 17, 2011

link >>

You are right, I found that Coins N'Things date before changing it to 2nd quarter was the 17th.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Regarding A-Mark - good luck with opening an account. I tried about a month ago. Sent them 4 emails. They never responded. So I called them & spoke to one of the reps. He sounded like he was working on his sixth triple espresso! Man, he was wired! He immediately began qualifying me - wanted to know what my monthly dollar volume would be. When I told him I just wanted a set of pucks, he said I wouldn't need an account to buy those, that they were in the process of setting things up & to watch the website. I was really hoping they would do an OTC thing, as they're just up the road from me. But with offices near the beach in Santa Monica, I doubt they want a couple thousand crazed collectors lining up days in advance. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Latest update from A-Mark is that they will go on sale January 18th
  • Options

<< <i>Regarding A-Mark - good luck with opening an account. I tried about a month ago. Sent them 4 emails. They never responded. So I called them & spoke to one of the reps. He sounded like he was working on his sixth triple espresso! Man, he was wired! He immediately began qualifying me - wanted to know what my monthly dollar volume would be. When I told him I just wanted a set of pucks, he said I wouldn't need an account to buy those, that they were in the process of setting things up & to watch the website. I was really hoping they would do an OTC thing, as they're just up the road from me. But with offices near the beach in Santa Monica, I doubt they want a couple thousand crazed collectors lining up days in advance. image >>

Thanks for the tips regarding A-Mark. Makes sense that they're not going to want to deal with opening an account for folks if they just want some pucks. They'll probably do something like Fidelitrade and have a special puck form.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Yeah, these guys are the real deal. According to their website, they're the largest distributor in North America. Volume wise, they probably do in a week what some of the other AP's do in a year!

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    EUREKA!

MTB just cashed my check. I'm officially IN!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    MTB cashed my check today!
    No e-mail from Fidelitrade though.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>MTB cashed my check today! No e-mail from Fidelitrade though. >>

Likewise; my MTB check cleared yesterday, too. Nothing from Fidelitrade since my welcoming email from ATB last Monday. It was not the acknowledgement email that everyone else has received, it just welcomed me to Fidelitrade and told me my account number. Strange...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>MTB cashed my check today! No e-mail from Fidelitrade though. >>

Likewise; my MTB check cleared yesterday, too. Nothing from Fidelitrade since my welcoming email from ATB last Monday. It was not the acknowledgement email that everyone else has received, it just welcomed me to Fidelitrade and told me my account number. Strange... >>

I've heard nothing from Fidelitrade. No confirmation on package received or anything. I called and asked, but got what seemed to be
    a call center just giving me an answer that "they will make contact." - nothing yet and I had a FedEx 10:30 delivery.
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Article

Interesting little article. Dealer says the sets are wholesaling for 2200-2400
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    So what's the latest on Ebay? How much are true auctions of raw sets closing at?
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So what's the latest on Ebay? How much are true auctions of raw sets closing at? >>

Quick perusal of completed listings for 1-13-11 to 1-14-11 shows a range of non-slabbed puck sets low / high of $2099 to $2500. Total of 18 sets sold.
  • Options
    <<Quick perusal of completed listings for 1-13-11 to 1-14-11 shows a range of non-slabbed puck sets low / high of $2099 to $2500. Total of 18 sets sold. >>

All things considered (especially the GC dump)...that's still pretty impressive.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myself and another also had 10:30am FedEx deliveries Fri to FT and neither of us have received acknowledgments yet.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I just don't understand why paying 270 to get em slabbed makes them instantly worth 1000 more...apparently regardless of the grade
    ....but, Hey!, I'll go with it.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    <<I just don't understand why paying 270 to get em slabbed makes them instantly worth 1000 more...apparently regardless of the grade
    ....but, Hey!, I'll go with it. >>

Silly boy..."Don't you know the future is plastic?"
  • Options

<< <i>On their main page, click the "Home" tab. You'll see a link "how to buy and sell precious metals."

Click that, and then you'll see the link "Open An Account." Once you click that it shows an email address you can contact to open an account.

Probably a good place to start. >>

A-Mark will not require you to open an account prior to purchasing the pucks.
  • Options
    Right. They're not going to want to open an account for small potatoes.

Splash page on A-Mark's "Buyatb.com" changed:

Available January 18th.
    Please No Phone Inquires.

The phone must be ringing off the hook down there.
  • Options
    I hope a get an order from Fidelitrade before the next AP comes online or I'll have to stop payment
    and try a different source.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Looks like the First PCGS set with actual grades has made its way to Ebay. Seller is pebblesandbambam2010...Mixed grades but a few 69's in the set. I can only guess that the price is low and not how I'd have done it but nonetheless it will be interesting to follow.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like the First PCGS set with actual grades has made its way to Ebay. Seller is pebblesandbambam2010...Mixed grades but a few 69's in the set. I can only guess that the price is low and not how I'd have done it but nonetheless it will be interesting to follow. >>

$5700 BIN Two 67s, a 68 + two 69s. I bet it sells and fast.

link to PCGS BIN
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like the First PCGS set with actual grades has made its way to Ebay. Seller is pebblesandbambam2010...Mixed grades but a few 69's in the set. I can only guess that the price is low and not how I'd have done it but nonetheless it will be interesting to follow. >>

link
  • Options
    And it looks like A-Mark is the first one to do online sales other than APMEX which strangely is sitting all quiet since their pre-sale.

• Options

<< <i>And it looks like A-Mark is the first one to do online sales other than APMEX which strangely is sitting all quiet since their pre-sale. >>

Good to know.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Re A-Mark...CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS!!!

YEAH!
  • Options

<< <i>Re A-Mark...CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS!!!

YEAH! >>

If you have any computer savvy friends I suggest that perhaps they can do a script command for you where you get alerted the minute the page gets updated. I know someone on a different forum that put together a script command that every time the page gets updated it sends me an alert to my email. Technically I should be receiving an alert to my email within 60 seconds of the page updating.

I dont know how to work scripts but for those in the know this is your chance to get in early before the masses find out via forums or word of mouth
  • Options

<< <i>

$5700 BIN Two 67s, a 68 + two 69s. I bet it sells and fast.

link to PCGS BIN >>

The seller has the best set that I've seen thus far. I got two 66s in mine.

Of course, what he says about FS is false - there is NO FS cut off.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file