Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    in honor of Mike, who is taking a break, i thought i would keep his thread going....

a new addition im pretty excited about:

a classic card, for a classic thread, started by a classic guy!

• Options
    dp
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wild Bill Hickok was a "bad dude with a gun", when he was a lawman in Abilene, if you broke the law there, watch out! For Hickok would just shoot you, ...not arrest you! ...And how about these Western "bad boys"? Billy the Kid, Frank and Jesse James!

New additions!

rd

imageimageimage >>

Awesome cards. Did you pick them up as singles or grade out whole sets?
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Fandango - great Walter Johnson card. If I ever decide to delve into pre war cards, the T206 Johnson portrait will be my very first purchase.

rd - those are fantastic Western cards. I've never seen them before but the coloring on those are just terriffic. Thanks for sharing.

Here's one of my winnings from the latest Mile High auction. Been waiting quite a while for the Duke to come along.

Keith
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been wanting a well centered rose rookie for a while. Finally got one and picked up a few extra items this month.
    Love this rose!! The Lou I bought raw and just got it back from PSA

• Options
    The last card I need to make my set BGS 9+. (34 9s, 63 9.5s, 3 10s)

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Good mail day today. Thanks to a couple of Board members here, I was able to add the two cards below to my '71T set as well as a '73T wax pack to my unopened collection.

I've been looking for a PSA 7 Clemente with decent centering for some time:

And the '73T wax:

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Lots o' great stuff here the last few days. I especially like the Duke Sniders... and the '57 really gets me. Phenomenal. Congrats.
  • Options
    that's a bevy of brilliant Brooklyn boy - Duke Sniders
  • Options
    I had been looking for this card for a long time, but every time I came across one it seems like it was a BIN for $300 - $400. Well one showed up on eBay this weekend for what I thought was a fair price point with a best offer option. There were three offers already pending on it, so I pulled the trigger on the BIN before it got away from me. I got it in the mail today and here is the latest addition to my Kurt Warner collection:

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    The first card in my T206 Cardinal set:
    imageimage
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Awesome. Wish I could go for 9's, they are downright stunning.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Got some well-loved prewar in the last few days:

imageimage
  • Options

New one for my HOF set. I love this card. It always reminds me of the old saying about being as horny as a thrice-endowed billygoat.

• Options
    Got this in the mail today from Hoopguru33 who sold it at a very fair price. Thanks Barry!

Was recently passed on the Saberhagen Master Set and another collector popped up. No big deal....not missing much of my "must haves."

No one collected Saberhagen graded for years, and then within months of the registry going live....there are a few. Related?
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Today was a good mail day. First off I received a couple of custom cards done by Doran. Excellent work as always:

Then I also received one of the top pieces in my unopened collection. A PSA 9 '73T Jumbo Cello purchased from another board member:

• Options
    My newest Cardinal T206. It's obviously graded a PSA 2 but I can't for the life of me figure out why it would be less than a 4. I've looked at it for the past 15 minutes and can't find any wrinkles or paper loss. The corners are worn but not severly rounded and the edges are very nice. I guess it's possible that when it is cracked out something will show up but as of now I'm saying it's 2 grades undergraded.

imageimage
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    well, well ... there must be ice in hell.

finally entered into the PSA zone - added to my vintage MANCHESTER UNITED collection - 1908 League Champions. The price was too good to pass up.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    My first graded T206, and my first Old Mill back - I actually made a mistake when I purchased this, not realizing I already had this card raw with a Tolstoi back. If anyone is interested in one or the other, I can still use several raw Brooklyn Superbas.

imageimage
  • Options
    i asm flad to know that i am not the only one who buys cards they already have!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Here's a favorite of mine:

Looking for 1998 & 1998/99 Vince Carter in every variation
  • Options

• Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Old-school boxing, anyone?

An 1890's John L. Sullivan cabinet

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    BIN on the Willie Mays...me likey the centering

linky
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    sorry image wasnt able to be seen ugh...
  • Options

Sweet Sullivan, Scott!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    buhbuhbuhbuhBACK from the Shriner's show here in Wilmington MA, a couple of pick ups

Worst to best

Traded some of my empty sweet caporal packs from this ashtray political souvenir from the World's fair featuring one of my relatives James schoolcraft Sherman

handful of dog 52 topps they were the right price 50 bucks for a couple minor stars and some red sox

Super tough No offer back t9, these are rarer than rare, course to the right person

Sam Langford t9 one of the more desirable T9's

One major step closer on my t3's, had to give up a Mathewson and others + $$

• Options
    added two more to my vintage MANCHESTER UNITED collection - Bobby Charlton and my favorite - George Best (former San Jose Earthquake)

imageimage

and one of the late, great Bobby Moore - (former San Antonio Thunder)

• Options
    The newest addition to my T206 Cardinal family and first HOFer:
    imageimage
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    Wow, some beautiful cards guys. The ones I posted don't even belong! image !!!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As usual superb stuff guys!

Ted - great pickup on the T9 and there's nothing shabby about the Johnson! Always nice to add a HOF'er to the collection.

I haven't picked up a T3 in some time - most of the sales now are BINs and IMO a bit over priced.

Congratulations!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

Sent to ESPN.... received back from LA about 6-8 weeks later!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Ted - great pickups at the show! I remember looking at that T3 Walter Johnson in a dealer's case!

And pretty cool about being a relative of Mr. Anti-Trust Act himself!!
  • Options

<< <i>image

Sent to ESPN.... received back from LA about 6-8 weeks later! >>

That's a great TTM - did you happen to catch Chicago Fire's Jon Busch calling out the "red head" (aka Alexi Lalas) for saying Chicago didn't have heart to win the playoffs ?

image Jon is one wild-eyed mother so Alexi should watch his back - busch will smash his guitar.

• Options
    Thanks Mike and Scott. The Johnson I ended up trading 3 t3's and some cash which made it retail to retail. The Lanford I also traded another t9 and some cash for about 50 below retail. So all in all it didnt cost me too much, and I made some progress, i love that dealers still trade!
  • Options
    My recent purchase that I got this week.

• Options
    Greg - Nice Reggie and good luck with the '70 set.

• Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 791 ✭✭✭
    Three more to add to my type set...

A W517 color variation...

A York Caramel card...

And an Orbit Gum pin...

Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭
    I picked up this lot of cards today for a steal! What a great bunch!

A good assortment of 86-87 Fleer Basketball, a Star Card and a bunch of junk. But the real prize comes at the end.

Its not mint, but its real and still not that bad. They came thrown in the box and the 86 Fleer basketball were in those pages. Everything else was loose. Not a bad pick up for $40.00.

Always looking for vintage wax boxes!
  • Options

<< <i>I picked up the lost of cards today for a steal! What a great bunch!

A good assortment of 86-87 Fleer Basketball, a Star Card and a bunch of junk. But the real prize comes at the end.

Its not mint, but its real and still not that bad. They came thrown in the box and the 86 Fleer basketball were in those pages. Everything else was loose. Not a bad pick up for $40.00.
    >>

I agree! Nice pickup.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Today brought me another 63F and a 2003 WS press pin.

The Marlins killed the Yanks 4 games to 2.

I need 12 more cards.
    Mike
  • Options
    Received the 2008 Topps Chrome Tony Gonzalez Superfractor 1/1 and a 2009 Leaf Limited Tony Gonzalez (Platinum?) 1/1.

imageimage

imageimage

The Superfractor looks much cooler in person and did not scan well.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry about the crappy scans but I wanted to share a couple of recent pickups for my HOF rookie set. I hope Santa is bringing me a new scanner for Christmas.

• Options
    Awesome cards guys!

Here are a couple more T206 Cardinals that I got in the mail recently:
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options

I could hear a choir of angels singing when I unwrapped this today. Fair to say it's THE key card in the set... and definitely one of the best and most prized in my collection. SO stoked.

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Sweet cards, I really like the Jack Johnson.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Two new additions:

Former LSU'er that played in the CFL. Neat card!

And a great TTM response. Arguably the greatest American soccer player ever!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    My newest Cardinal T206s. I already had a Konetchy low glove but I didn't have an EPDG back yet (and this is one of my favorite cards in the T206 set so I really don't mind having two).
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    Billy Joe Booth . . . Got milk?