Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    A BST purchase, a trade via ebay and a purchase...thanks for letting me share...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - there's so many great cards, it's hard to single anyone out.

So, I just want to thank everyone for sharing their pickups with us - sweet stuff!

Happy Thanksgiving
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Two new additions:

And a great TTM response. Arguably the greatest American soccer player ever!
    image >>

That is actually one of the clearest (see best) LANDON DONOVAN signatures I've ever seen ! Very nice autograph of a great player.

He is one of the few player who could shake off the penalty miss from the MLS Cup final. He has bigger things to win next summer in South Africa.

Whoever Ethan is - they are lucky person.
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 791 ✭✭✭
    cwazzy, I'm really impressed with how your Cardinals T206 set is coming along! It looks like you have been able to knock out some of the tougher backs recently.

And Elemenopeo, congrats on your pickup - don't take this the wrong way, but I really like your Johnson!
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    And Elemenopeo, congrats on your pickup - don't take this the wrong way, but I really like your Johnson! >>

I wouldnt have worded it that way but....image
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    I've been looking for a while for one of these to add to my White Sox type set...

Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Thanks. It's real, and it's spectacular.... as is your type set. Great stuff.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    That is actually one of the clearest (see best) LANDON DONOVAN signatures I've ever seen ! Very nice autograph of a great player.

He is one of the few player who could shake off the penalty miss from the MLS Cup final. He has bigger things to win next summer in South Africa.

Whoever Ethan is - they are lucky person. >>

'Tis I.

I'm slowly working on players who have been capped by the US team, TTM. I'm up to about 15-20.

This was sent to the Galaxy about 3 months ago. I'm kicking myself for not sending cards to Ricardo Clark and Stu Holden this fall.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>cwazzy, I'm really impressed with how your Cardinals T206 set is coming along! It looks like you have been able to knock out some of the tougher backs recently.

And Elemenopeo, congrats on your pickup - don't take this the wrong way, but I really like your Johnson! >>

Thanks, Tom! Too bad I ran out of funds 1/3 of the way through, LOL. Your White Sox type set is AWESOME by the way!
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Whoever Ethan is - they are lucky person. >>

'Tis I.

I'm slowly working on players who have been capped by the US team, TTM. I'm up to about 15-20.

This was sent to the Galaxy about 3 months ago. I'm kicking myself for not sending cards to Ricardo Clark and Stu Holden this fall. >>

Funny thing is he will probably be playing in Scotland next season - first I heard it was CELTIC, now I hear it's RANGERS ... he would join Americans Beasley and Edu already at Ibrox.

• Options

<< <i>Thanks, Tom! Too bad I ran out of funds 1/3 of the way through, LOL. Your White Sox type set is AWESOME by the way! >>

Thanks Chris! I just picked up my first Black Sox member today at the Moeller show in Cincinnati...

Tom

• Options
    oops...sorry, newbie testing his image posting skills image
  • Options
    From the Bay - one closer
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome!!
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I could hear a choir of angels singing when I unwrapped this today. Fair to say it's THE key card in the set... and definitely one of the best and most prized in my collection. SO stoked.

image >>

Great looking card!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

<< <i>Great looking card! >>

Thanks! Got it for a LOT less than I had my snipe set for, too. In fact, I was the only bidder. Probably helped that the seller didn't include "T218" in the listing title.

• Options
    A little help with the Delehanty for the new guy... Nice card.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple of recent pick-ups. I bought the Bunning from a board member for my HOF rookie set. I bought the Yaz on ebay for my Yastrzemski Basic set.

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I think it took me two years to finds a 59 Mathews in PSA 7, but finally got one:

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Latest 56 pickup. Settles for this 3 because it's so clean:

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Incredible cards, guys, keep em coming.

Incredible thread too. How many other threads approach 10,000 posts???
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    All such great pickups here! I'm pretty syked about this one

I got today in the mail image

imageimage

Edit to add back scan, sorry no baconybeergrease image
  • Options
    If that KEN DRYDEN is a 5 - there must be beer stains on the back smeared in bacon grease.

That is a stunning card ! One of my favorite sets ...

cheers
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one came in the mail the other day. Purchased from a board member, and I really am pleased with it. IMO, its a beautiful 8.

• Options
    My newest Campy. I only need the '50 and '55 Bowman for my complete basic set. image
    imageimage

And a Goudey Wide Pen Pepper Martin. It has writing on the back but for $5 delivered I figured I couldn't go wrong.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    That 51 Bowman Campy is sweet. Imagine what kind of dollars Campy would command today, especially at his position.

"Molon Labe"

• Options

<< <i>That 51 Bowman Campy is sweet. Imagine what kind of dollars Campy would command today, especially at his position. >>

That's an interesting thought. With his combination of power and defense he would definitely be up there with the top paid players in the game.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    3 MVP titles at the catching position - he could name his price! Other than Mauer its hard to even name a catcher today.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Some recent TTM additions to my LSU Autograph collection:

Doug Moreau, former Baton Rouge DA (also signed a '68 Topps), about 4 days.

Charles Alexander, about 6 days.

Bradie James (also signed an '09 Upper Deck), went from Baton Rouge to Dallas, got "signed" and returned in 6 days!

Warren Rabb, member of the '58 national champs, about 7 days.

Jerry Stovall, former RB and coach, 3 days!

Michael Brooks, 6 days. I sent the LSU card, and a '93 Topps. He sent the LSU card, and a '92 Score and '95 Score, and kept the '93 Topps. None of the 3 autographs look alike. Don't know what's up with that.

Good week of returns!
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    Page turn?
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    I must say, I love this thread. I come in and check it out just to see what you all have added new to your collections. Usually, I don't have anything to post, but I had to share this.

I picked this up yesterday at the Fenway yard sale. A 2005 Manny Ramirez game used alternate jersey. Needless to say, I'm thrilled! image

Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options

<< <i>That 51 Bowman Campy is sweet. Imagine what kind of dollars Campy would command today, especially at his position. >>

Who would you consider the last great power-hitting cacher ?

Bench ?

Fisk ?

Who is the last catchers to be in the league top 5 in HR / RBI s ?

• Options

<< <i>

Who would you consider the last great power-hitting cacher ?

Bench ?

Fisk ?

Who is the last catchers to be in the league top 5 in HR / RBI s ? >>

I'd say Piazza is probably the last great offensive catcher but Mauer could prove to be the greatest one of them all if he keeps it up.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    This showed up today - and is the latest addition to my type set...

Tom

• Options
    Got these in today, absolutely love them! image

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Getting caught up on my scanning:

• Options
    lol, nice scan!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    A couple of additions to the Perez collection just arrived in the mail

Would be interested in information related to Perez wearing the #2 in this photo. Assuming it was rookie spring training but have not found any information yet.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Today was a good mail day for me: image

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    Some more TTM responses:

Carlos Carson (also signed an '88 Topps), about 2 weeks:

George Tarasovic (also signed a '60 Topps), about 2 weeks:

Earl Gros, who apparently misspelled my name, and just scratched it out! image

Ron Sancho (also signed a '91 Pro Set WLAF), and answered my question. His response of the toughest RB in college was interesting...
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    Picked this up on Ebay a couple weeks ago. Now need the OPC version in PSA 9.

Robb

• Options
    A new Ernie Banks for my collection...

• Options
    And a new Don Drysdale Rookie for my collection...

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    Picked this up in the recent Memory Lane auction. Still need PSA 9s of 1970 Maravich, 1971 Lanier, 1971 Barry, 1974 Gervin & 1977 Dantley for my PSA 9 HOF basketball collection.

Robb

• Options
    Today's arrival...

Tom

• Options
    Have been getting into Tony Gonzalez collecting lately. Most just low numbered and game used, this one is both...

imageimage
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    I got a few new additions today for the collection....

A couple of upgrades for my Ernie Banks set courtesy of Ron Burgandy....