Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Silver, Gold, Platinum Eagles, Buffalo Issues, Mints Intentions, Historical and current sales data f

Comments

• Options
    NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    You do realize that everyone who has their hopes pinned on the plat proofs are actually betting that LESS proofs were produced than Uncs, right?

No.

This is not a Proof vs UNC competition. The proofs don't have to be under the UNCs to win anything.

For the proofs to win, they have to come under 2004 numbers (Proof).

For the UNCs to win, they have to come under 2006W numbers (UNC).
  • Options
    No.........I don't think those who hold 2008 proof plats are depending on 2008 proof mintages being below unc. numbers.
    They are hoping they will stay below 2004 plat. proof numbers.

Value of a coin is product of mintage and demand.
    The 2008 plat proofs may have a higher value than similar 2008 uncs. even if mintages are higher in proofs than uncs.
    Why?
    Because the collector base for proofs is broader and more established than for the uncs.
  • Options
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update - No one accepted my proposed trade of my 2008-W MS70 set plus $1,000 for their 2006-W MS70 set. The true barameter for which set is "king" - no?

And, remember lowest pop is not always the determining factor to price and which coin is the key to the series. The 1991 $25 MS Gold still remains, hands down, the key to the $25 Gold Eagle series with its 24,000 pop, while the 18,000 or 19,000 pop 2006-W $25 Gold continues to sell for around 1/2 the price to this day (not that much over the price common $25's trade at).

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    This used to be a top notch thread.......

Yes. This used to be a very good thread to share information and research with others. It still is a nice thread and we have very good input from many posters. Some have very strong convictions and have try to push it onto others by using insults and attacks that are uncalled for. If we could all share without insulting anybody maybe this thread could get back on course.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You do realize that everyone who has their hopes pinned on the plat proofs are actually betting that LESS proofs were produced than Uncs, right?

No.

This is not a Proof vs UNC competition. The proofs don't have to be under the UNCs to win anything.

For the proofs to win, they have to come under 2004 numbers (Proof).

For the UNCs to win, they have to come under 2006W numbers (UNC). >>

Exactly!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Update - No one accepted my proposed trade of my 2008-W MS70 set plus $1,000 for their 2006-W MS70 set. The true barameter for which set is "king" - no?

And, remember lowest pop is not always the determining factor to price and which coin is the key to the series. The 1991 $25 MS Gold still remains, hands down, the key to the $25 Gold Eagle series with its 24,000 pop, while the 18,000 or 19,000 pop 2006-W $25 Gold continues to sell for around 1/2 the price to this day (not that much over the price common $25's trade at).

Wondercoin >>

WC, you, more than most would know demand and true current market value.

I would add one thing, if current buyers really understood what was going to end up having the most future value of the current mint offerings, they would have been plowing into proof plats imho, of course the proofs just sat there while many jumped on the plat uncs and Buffalos. In other words most people don't have a clue when it comes to future rarity and only discover that AFTER the fact not before. So, just because no one will make the trade for the 2006s for the 2008s, right now, that has little predictive value in the future, imho.
  • Options
    nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    For the UNCs to win, they have to come under 2006W numbers (UNC).

I agree that it isn't proofs versus uncirculateds, but I don't agree that 2008s have to "beat" 2006 to win.

Elimination of the program means we don't need to focus as much on which has the lowest numbers. Generally speaking, lowest numbers are certainly important to establish kings.

But I think this changes as mintages descrease... If you're talking Sac dollars, with millions of coins minted, the lowest mintage coin (which might be 1.8M for regular issue) or lowest surviving pop is critical; everything else is written off as common. That's probably true down to the tens of thousands of coins as well. But the uncirculated platinums are sub 5,000 coins. Sure, having the lowest mintage distinguishes one year from the other, and the lowest mintage year will command a premium over the other years. But at under 5,000, I think they are all winners.

2008 doesn't NEED to come in under 2006 to be worth more than melt or more than issue price; even at the current sales numbers, a premium is justified. The only thing that is at issue is how big the premium will be. The market for 2006w uncs has deflated somewhat, the driving force at this point is not the number of coins but the number of collectors. Demand is far more important than supply right now, because whether we're talking 2,000 or 4,000, the supply is very low by modern standards.
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Update - No one accepted my proposed trade of my 2008-W MS70 set plus $1,000 for their 2006-W MS70 set. The true barameter for which set is "king" - no?

Wondercoin >>

WC, you, more than most would know demand and true current market value.

I would add one thing, if current buyers really understood what was going to end up having the most future value of the current mint offerings, they would have been plowing into proof plats imho, of course the proofs just sat there while many jumped on the plat uncs and Buffalos. In other words most people don't have a clue when it comes to future rarity and only discover that AFTER the fact not before. So, just because no one will make the trade for the 2006s for the 2008s, right now, that has little predictive value in the future, imho. >>

Bluelobster-

I agree Re: the future value of the proof plats 100%. However, the thought right up until they went dark was that they minted a full run, upto the limit. In fact, much earlier in this thread I inquired as to folk's thoughts on the plats, and this was the consistent reply. Then, they suddenly went dark and it was apparent that they were short struck (of course, I was out of town when they did :-(, which figures). So, the window to aquire the proofs once it was clear that they were short struck was short. Plowing $ into them before this was to plough $ into proofs that were thought to be struck to the limit.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<I agree Re: the future value of the proof plats 100%. However, the thought right up until they went dark was that they minted a full run, upto the limit. In fact, much earlier in this thread I inquired as to folk's thoughts on the plats, and this was the consistent reply. Then, they suddenly went dark and it was apparent that they were short struck (of course, I was out of town when they did :-(, which figures). So, the window to aquire the proofs once it was clear that they were short struck was short. Plowing $ into them before this was to plough $ into proofs that were thought to be struck to the limit. >>

However, I suspect that we still don't know the true extent of the mania/frenzy that erupted the day/night practically everything went dark...when we all pulled out our platinum (no pun intended) credit cards and charged up San Juan Hill!!!
  • Options
    You do realize, of course, that when we began to realize that the proofs might be short struck, we acted very similar to that old Eddie Murphy movie when the two old guys try to ruin Dan Ackroyd...and then they themselves get shafted in the stock market...

SELL...SELL...

NO...NO...YOU FOOL...BUY...BUY!!!

Personally, I know I'd jump in someone grave right now to pick up a plat proof set!

• Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You do realize, of course, that when we began to realize that the proofs might be short struck, we acted very similar to that old Eddie Murphy movie when the two old guys try to ruin Dan Ackroyd...and then they themselves get shafted in the stock market...

SELL...SELL...

NO...NO...YOU FOOL...BUY...BUY!!!

Personally, I know I'd jump in someone grave right now to pick up a plat proof set! >>

Not the stock market, they were trading orange juice futures.image

But you should know that market makers often short the stocks that they want to buy.image
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    And, by the way, nothing I commented on should be read as a negative towards 2008-W MS Plats. With platinum at $908/oz., the set melts at $1,679.80 at this moment. Yet, the set is worth more than the US Mint issue price - no question.

My comments were only directed at the discussion of 06-W vs. 08-W sets and coins. The 06-W coins appear to be in "strong hands" right now - folks in it for the "long run" and knowing exactly what they have. The 08-W MS coins are not yet in "strong hands" - many are owed by speculators with sizeable credit card bills (or folks content with taking a nice profit for 60 days "work" and pulling funds together for the next US Mint product deal) - hence, accounting for some of the weakness in price. I personally like the future of BOTH products. But, IMHO, it will take a very, very long time for 06-W to be dethroned as the "king" of burnished plats.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<<Not the stock market, they were trading orange juice futures.>>

I just remembered, the movie was Trading Places, right?

That last scene with the old guy being carried out on a stretcher is hilarious!
  • Options
    I agree that it isn't proofs versus uncirculateds, but I don't agree that 2008s have to "beat" 2006 to win.

That's not how the comment was intended. The comment was in response to a lowest mintage comparison comment made earlier. The comment was not meant as which coin will be the new king but which coin they need to come under to have the lowest mintage in its class. In other words by "win" I meant lowest mintage and not new king.

In my book, the UNCs will be a highly sought after sub-series in the future as their mintages are very low for every single year they were minted.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>The 1991 $25 MS Gold still remains, hands down, the key to the $25 Gold Eagle series with its 24,000 pop, while the 18,000 or 19,000 pop 2006-W $25 Gold continues to sell for around 1/2 the price to this day (not that much over the price common $25's trade at).<<

My theory is that many of the 1991 $25 MS gold coins reside in bullion accumulations, and the owners have no idea that they are sitting on a premium date. This leaves fewer available in the collector/speculator marketplace. By contrast, *all* of the 2006-W were sold to collectors/speculators at a premium over spot, none were sold as bullion. So their owners all know *exactly* what they have.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    WC,

In your experience, when it comes to modern coinage, which generally has more of a collector demand, MS or PR coins?

It seems the mint can sell more PR coins than MS. So, this would leave the MS coins with a less population but it could also indicate the MS coins have a smaller collectors base. Would you rather have a MS coin that has a 10% less mintage than a PR or a PR coin that has twice the number of collectors than the MS coin?

• Options
    To this point, the Proof Platinum has enjoyed a much wider collector base, which is why I am comfortable to this day paying in the $4,000's for a fresh 2004 Proof platinum set with a roughly 5,000 mintage, while platinum burnished sets with a mintage of roughly 50% that amount are still trading for far less than that amount. So, I guess this answers your hypothetical question involving a 10% mintage difference.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Mitch, turn your thoughts to 2008 W Proof AGE's This is the sleeper news of 2008, IMHO.

These were understruck in numbers in the same manner as the 2008 W Proof Plats.
  • Options
    WEEKLY SALES REPORT AS OF 12/29/2008

LISTED ORDER OF
    4 SET

PROOF GOLE EAGLES

PROOF PLATINUM

PROOF BUFFALOS

UNC W GOLD

UNC W PLATS

UNC W BUFFS

UNC W SILVER EAGLE
    437661 +40,589
  • Options
    Coinboy - Are you in agreement with Eric's figures for the proof 2008 gold? Wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>WEEKLY SALES REPORT AS OF 12/29/2008

LISTED ORDER OF
    4 SET

PROOF GOLE EAGLES

PROOF PLATINUM

PROOF BUFFALOS

UNC W GOLD

UNC W PLATS

UNC W BUFFS

UNC W SILVER EAGLE
    437661 +40,589 >>

Looks like plats are stable, minor changes to buffs and some big jumps in gold eagles.
    Let the arguments begin...............
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decreases in the Unc Buffs.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    It looks like sales were very slow last week, no wonder no more options went backorder. Also I see the 1/2 ounce gold eagle proof jumped over 5000? Stick a fork in those.

Anyway not much to argue about after this, 2008 w proof plats are king and 2006 w unc plats are still king. Seems like the numbers are stabilized. Once they cancel the last backorders which are out then those should be dropping a little in the end but not enough to change things drastically perhaps.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, as always, Eric!image
  • Options
    nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    Thanks Eric!

No big surprises as far as I can tell. Maybe next year.
    Dan
  • Options
    Over at Mint News Blog, Michael compiled the current price performance for various 2008 US Mint products. Interesting that the best performer so far is the proof silver eagle, followed by the state quarter proof set.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    One question and 1 thought:

1. Anyone have anything to say about that 1/2 ounce proof plat...is that a record low for a modern issue?

2. Just because the numbers haven't shifted much on previously sold-out items in what I believe has already been confirmed as a sales report doesn't mean that we're seeing final mintages here. To me, comparing a sales report to a mintage tally is like comparing sales vs revenues in a company...possibly (likely?) apples and oranges.
  • Options
    Right but those coins are very common in their sets. When the people looking for this years coin to give to relatives coins moves on to 2009 the 2008 silver eagles and proof sets that are not strong IN THEIR OWN SERIES will drop back and not recover their relative price strength in set.
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One question and 1 thought:

1. Anyone have anything to say about that 1/2 ounce proof plat...is that a record low for a modern issue?
    . >>

Looks like the total is 3,663, so no, at least a couple of the '06 unc-w plats are under this one.
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options
    People who work with numbers knows that it take a long time to finalize things.image

Sale numbers are ofter double or triple counted or not counted at all or a certain number is added or subtracted here or there.image

As for returns, people don't want it process as it decrease sales. Returns could have been received and credit issued to the customer but the paper work could sit for months without being reflected in Sales.image
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    Thanks Eric,
    I've gotten to where I look forward to your tuesday updates.

May still be some updates to come............again everyone remember to email your congressional offices.

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<<Sale numbers are ofter double or triple counted or not counted at all or a certain number is added or subtracted here or there.>>

I'm also beginning to suspect that sales figures are divorced from the "reality" of mintages here. I also have to ask this...if the Mint wants to treat mintage numbers as so hush hush...then why are they putting out any numbers at all...sales or otherwise?!? Other than serving as a rough gage of "what's selling and what's not" it really doesn't serve much purpose.

Here's another question...looking back at prior years...how did late December numbers (as indicated in this weekly report) actually stack up to final mintages after the smoke cleared? How much were the numbers ultimately "corrected/adjusted" in the final analysis?
  • Options

<< <i>Coinboy - Are you in agreement with Eric's figures for the proof 2008 gold? Wondercoin >>

Yes, I am!

Proof Sets are UNCHANGED at 9,569 from an authorized number of 35K.

These things are gonna be killers.
  • Options
    I have been modeling the 2008 coins.

Models VERY VERY WELL:
    The fractional proof plats model SO nicely they have a good shot at greatness & they have a set to drive them.
    The fractional proof gold buffalos.
    The $50 W gold buffalo. Its the lowest mintage one oz gold coin issued since 1933 & has a .65 million and growing member set to drive it.
    The $10 W gold buffalo. 10,649 coins is small for a coin like this.

Models VERY Well:
    $100 Proof Plats
    $50 Proof Buffs
    $5 W gold buffalo

Models Well:
    All Unc W Plats
    $25 Unc W buffalo 888 set is a problem
    W silver eagle

Models Fair:
    $25 Unc W gold eagle -the 888 set is a problem.
    $50 Proof Gold Eagles, over the 2001 and the 2001 has had 7 years to do just about nothing!
    $25 Proof gold Eagles, 20,000 may be ok but the next closest coin has a 23,000 mintage and did not spike after 7 years. The only thing that can drive it is a dealer promotion. The math is not that great in this price range.

Unkown:
    $5 and $10 Proof Gold Eagles
    All Gold eagle W coins except the half.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Which "one" APE is KING? Is it the KING of all moderns?

--The $50 unc-w: 2,577 mintage, 75% of the next $50, and 96% of the next lowest APE

--The $25 unc-w: 2,676 mintage, 69% of the next $25, and 99 coins more than the lowest APE

--The $50 proof: 3,663 mintage, 72% of the next lowest $50, and 94% of the next lowest proof

--or, another...
  • Options
    Who is to say that it is the same person who is doing the numbers? Who is to say that person could make the same mistakes again.image

Who knows what the numbers are, we are all wrong, the chance of one of us is right is as good as winning the Mega Million.image

I wish I know the real numbers from the banks and purchased PUT options on themimage
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    Platinum Unc vs. Platinum Proofs is really not a good comparison
  • Options
    TYPE COLLECTING AS DEFINED BY THE RED BOOK: COLLECTING BY DESIGN, DENOMINATION AND COMPOSITION.

This is a mint state listing of almost everything that fits the above description for the last 200 years. Some material does not have good numbers yet so they have not been added yet.

We collect serious material!

Rough Draft of just one table I am working on for our new document.

1 …. 100 …. 1839 Liberty Seated Half Drapery-No Drapery
    2 …. 100 …. 1821-1827 Capped $2.5 Gold Large
    3 …. 250 …. 1829- 1834 Capped $2.5 Gold Small
    4 …. 300 …. 1829-1834 Capped Head $5 Gold Small
    5 …. 400 …. 1907 Indian $10 Gold with Periods & no Motto
    6 …. 483 …. 1915s Panama-Pacific $50 Gold Round
    7 …. 645 …. 1915s Panama-Pacific $50 Gold-Octagonal
    8 …. 650 …. 1808-1814Classic Head Cent
    9 …. 850 …. 1838-1840 Liberty Seated Quarter No Drappery
    10 …. 900 …. 1837-1838 Liberty Seated Dime No Stars
    11 …. 1,500 …. 1838-1839 Capped Bust Half
    12 …. 1,500 …. 1813-1829 Capped Head $5 Gold Large
    13 …. 1,800 …. 1854-1855 Liberty Seated Half Arrows
    14 …. 2,000 …. 1838-1840 Liberty Seated Dime No Drappery with Stars
    15 …. 2,000 …. 1836-1837 Capped Bust Half Reeded Edge
    16 …. 2,100 …. 1853 Liberty Seated Half Arrows & Rays
    17 …. 2,200 …. 1838-1866 Liberty Head $10 Gold
    18 …. 2,300 …. 1873-1874 Liberty Seated Half with Arrows
    19 …. 2,500 …. 1836-1839 Matron Head Cent
    20 …. 2,500 …. 1815-1828 Capped Bust Quarter-Large
    21 …. 2,500 …. 1854-1855 Liberty Seated Quarter Arrows
    22 …. 2,500 …. 1873-1874 Liberty Seated Quarter Arrows
    23 …. 2,500 …. 1807-1812 Capped Bust $5 Gold
    24 …. 2,500 …. 1834-1838 Classic Head $5 Gold
    25 …. 2,577 …. 2006-W $50 Mint State Platinum Eagle-Legislative
    26 …. 2,676 …. 2006-W $25 Mint State Platinum Eagle-Legislative
    27 …. 2,750 …. 1837-1838 Liberty Seated Half Dime
    28 …. 2,750 …. 1873-1874 Liberty Seated Dime Arrows
    29 …. 3,000 …. 1834-1839 Classic Head $2.5 Gold
    30 …. 3,068 …. 2006-W $100 Mint State Platinum Eagle-Legislative
    31 …. 3,250 …. 1838-1840 Liberty Seated Half Dime with Stars
    32 …. 3,500 …. 1853 Liberty Seated Quarter Arrows & Rays
    33 …. 3,500 …. 1866-1873 Liberty Seated With Motto
    34 …. 3,544 …. 2006-W $10 Mint State Platinum Eagle-Legislative
    35 …. 3,635 …. 2007-W $50 Mint State Platinum Eagle-Executive
    36 …. 3,690 …. 2007-W $25 Mint State Platinum Eagle-Executive
    37 …. 4,000 …. 1854-1858 Three Cent Silver 3.O.
    38 …. 4,000 …. 1809-1828 Capped Bust Dime Open Collar
    39 …. 4,000 …. 1840-1860 Liberty Seated Dime Drapery & Stars
    40 …. 4,177 …. 2007-W $100 Mint State Platinum Eagle-Executive
    41 …. 4,500 …. 1907 High Relief Saint $20 Gold
    42 …. 5,000 …. 1853-1855 Liberty Seated Half Dime -Arrows
    43 …. 5,202 …. 1997 Jackie Robinson $5 Gold
    44 …. 5,250 …. 1831-1838 Capped Bust Quarter-Small
    45 …. 5,556 …. 2007-W $10 Mint State Platinum Eagle-Executive
    46 …. 6,500 …. 1809-1836 Classic Head Half Cent
    47 …. 6,500 …. 1839-1866 Liberty Head $5 Gold
    48 …. 6,683 …. 2000 Library Of Congress Bimetalic $10
    49 …. 6,749 …. 1915s Panama-Pacific $2.5 Gold
    50 …. 6,761 …. 2001 Capital Visitor Center $5 Gold
    51 …. 7,500 …. 1840-1857 Braided Hair Half Cent
    52 …. 7,500 …. 1859 Indian Cent Laurel
    53 …. 7,500 …. 1875-1878 Twenty Cent Piece
    54 …. 7,500 …. 1854-1856 Indian Princess Gold Dollar Small Head
    55 …. 8,000 …. 1850-1866 Liberty Head $20 Gold Type I
    56 …. 9,068 …. 1996 Smithsonian $5 Gold
    57 …. 9,174 …. 1996 Flag Bearer $5 Gold
    58 …. 9,210 …. 1996 Cauldron $5 Gold
    59 …. 9,958 …. 1928 Hawaiian Half
    60 …. 10,000 …. 1866-1867 Shield Nickel Rays
    61 …. 10,008 …. 1935 Hudson Half
    62 …. 10,008 …. 1935 Old Spanish Trail Half
    63 …. 10,016 …. 1922 Grant Gold Dollar
    64 …. 10,129 …. 2003 First Flight $10 Gold
    65 …. 10,579 …. 1995 Stadium $5 Gold
    66 …. 10,585 …. 2002 Salt Lake City $5 Gold
    67 …. 10,600 ... 2008 W $10 Gold Buffalo
    68 …. 11,000 …. 1866-1876 Liberty Head $20 Gold Type II
    69 …. 11,894 …. 1997 Roosevelt $5 Gold
    70 …. 12,000 …. 1840-1859 Liberty Seated Half Dime, Drapery & Stars
    71 …. 12,000 …. 1928-1837 Capped Bust Dime Closed Collar
    72 …. 12,500 …. 1816-1836 Matron Head Cent
    73 …. 12,500 …. 1856-1858 Flying Eagle Cent
    74 …. 12,500 …. 1859-1873 Three Cent Silver 2 O
    75 …. 12,500 …. 1840-1865 Liberty Seated Quarter Drappery no Motto
    76 …. 12,500 …. 1840-1865 Liberty Seated Dollar no Motto
    77 …. 12,735 …. 1995 Civil War $5 Gold
    78 …. 14,000 …. 1860-1855 Liberty Seated Half Dime-Legend
    79 …. 14,497 …. 1996 Wheelchair Dollar
    80 …. 14,675 …. 1995 Torch Runner $5 Gold
    81 …. 14,994 …. 1925 Fort Vancouver Half
    82 …. 15,000 …. 1829-1837 Capped Bust Half Dime
    83 …. 15,000 …. 1839-1866 Liberty Seated Half Drapery, No Motto
    84 …. 15,000 …. 1915s Panama-Pacific $1 Gold
    85 …. 15,016 …. 1936 Cincinnati Music Center Half
    86 …. 15,266 …. 1938 New Rochelle Half
    87 …. 15,697 …. 1996 High Jump Dollar
    88 …. 15,983 …. 1996 Tennis Dollar
    89 …. 16,258 …. 1996 Rowing Dollar
    90 …. 16,936 …. 1936 Norfolk Half
    91 …. 17,500 …. 1903 Lousiana Purchase Jefferson $1 gold
    92 …. 17,500 …. 1903 Lousiana Purchase McKinnley $1 Gold
    93 …. 17,671 …. 1936 Albany Half
    94 …. 18,000 …. 1866-1891 Liberty Seated Quarter with Motto
    95 …. 18,028 …. 1937 Antietam Half
    96 …. 19,000 .... 2008 W $5 Gold Buffalo
    97 …. 19,662 …. 1995 Cycling Dollar
    98 …. 20,000 …. 1865-1889 Three Cent Nickel
    99 …. 20,000 …. 1866-1891 Liberty Seated Half with Motto
    100 …. 20,000 …. 1873-1885 Trade Dollar
    101 …. 20,000 …. 1916-17 McKinley $1 Gold
    102 …. 20,013 …. 1936 Lynchberg Virginia Half
    103 …. 20,015 …. 1936 Illinois Half
    104 …. 20,066 …. 1904-05 Lewis & Clark $1 Gold
    105 …. 20,428 …. 1921 Missouri Half
    106 …. 20,993 …. 1936 Delaware Half
    107 …. 22,266 …. 1993 James Madison $5 Gold
    108 …. 22,464 …. 1994 World Cup $5 Gold
    109 …. 22,511 …. 1997 Washington $5 Gold
    110 …. 23,089 …. 1993 WWII $5 Gold
    111 …. 23,468 …. 1996 Community Service Dollar
    112 …. 23,614 …. 1999 Yellowstone Dollar
    113 …. 24,214 …. 1893 Isabella Quarter
    114 …. 24,329 …. 1992 Columbus $5 Gold
    115 …. 24,976 …. 1995 Track and Field Dollar
    116 …. 25,000 …. 1860-1864 Indian Cent CN
    117 …. 25,000 …. 1851-1873 Three Cent Silver N.O.
    118 …. 25,015 …. 1934 Maryland Half
    119 …. 25,015 …. 1936 Wisconsin Half
    120 …. 25,015 …. 1936 York County Half
    121 …. 25,015 …. 1936 Bridgeport Half
    122 …. 25,018 …. 1935 Connecticut Half
    123 …. 25,023 …. 1936 Columbia Half
    124 …. 25,265 …. 1936 Arkansas Robinson Half
    125 …. 26,928 …. 1936 Gettysburg Half
    126 …. 27,134 …. 1915s Panama-Pacific Half
    127 …. 27,500 …. 1864-1873 Two Cent Piece
    128 …. 27,732 …. 1992 Olympics $5 Gold
    129 …. 28,142 …. 1927 Veront Half
    130 …. 28,150 …. 2000 Leif Ericson Dollar
    131 …. 28,649 …. 1995 Paralympics Dollar
    132 …. 29,030 …. 1936 Roanoke Half
    133 …. 30,000 …. 1839-1857 Braided Hair Cent
    134 …. 30,000 …. 1921 Peace Dollar High Relief
    135 …. 30,000 …. 1854-1889 Indian Head $3 Gold
    136 …. 30,000 …. 1907 Indian $10 Gold no Periods & no Motto
    137 …. 30,007 …. 1997 Law Enforcement Dollar
    138 …. 30,180 …. 1997 Jackie Robinson Dollar
    139 …. 31,320 …. 1996 Smithsonian Dollar
    140 …. 31,959 …. 1991 Mount Rushmore $5 Gold
    141 …. 32,000 …. 1892-1915 Barber Half
    142 …. 32,000 …. 1856-1889 Indian Princess Gold Dollars Large Head
    143 …. 35,380 …. 2001 Visitor Center Dollar
    144 …. 36,026 …. 1900 Lafayette Dollar
    145 …. 37,210 …. 1998 Black Patriots Dollar
    146 …. 37,500 …. 1849-1854 Liberty Head Gold Dollar
    147 …. 40,257 …. 2002 Salt Lake City Dollar
    148 …. 42,497 …. 1995 Gymnastics Dollar
    149 …. 42,500 …. 1860-1891 Liberty Seated Dime Legend
    150 …. 45,866 …. 1995 Civil War Dollar
    151 …. 46,019 …. 1926 American Independence $2.5 Gold
    152 …. 46,899 …. 1989 Congress $5 Gold
    153 …. 48,000 …. 1916-1917 Standing Liberty Quarter Type I
    154 …. 48,953 …. 2005 John Marshall Siver Dollar
    155 …. 49,533 …. 1996 Swimming Half
    156 …. 50,028 …. 1920 Maine Half
    157 …. 50,030 …. 1936 Cleveland Half
    158 …. 50,034 …. 1936 Providence Half
    159 …. 52,771 …. 2000 Library Of Congress Dollar
    160 …. 52,836 …. 1996 Soccer Half
    161 …. 53,054 …. 1994 Women in Military Service Dollar
    162 …. 53,761 …. 2003 First Flight Dollar
    163 …. 54,790 …. 1994 POW Dollar
    164 …. 57,272 …. 1997 Botanic Garden Dollar
    165 …. 57,317 …. 1994 Vietnam Dollar
    166 …. 57,726 …. 2003 First Flight Half
    167 …. 58,000 …. 2006 Benjamin Franklin Dollar-Scientist
    168 …. 58,000 …. 2006 Benjamin Franklin Dollar-Founding Father
    169 …. 62,000 …. 1807-1836 Capped Bust Half-Lettered Edge
    170 …. 62,913 …. 1988 Olympics $5 Gold
    171 …. 65,044 …. 1921Alabama Half
    172 …. 68,031 …. 2004 Thomas Edison Dollar
    173 …. 68,352 …. 1994 Capital Dollar
    174 …. 71,424 …. 1936 Oakland Bay Bridge Half
    175 …. 71,661 …. 1922 Grant Half
    176 …. 75,000 …. 1992-1916 Barber Quarter
    177 …. 75,301 …. 1935-1939 Arkansas Half
    178 …. 75,886 …. 1984 Los Angeles $10 Gold
    179 …. 81,524 …. 1994 World Cup Dollar
    180 …. 81,826 …. 1936 Long Island Half
    181 …. 85,000 …. 1892-1916 Barber Dime
    182 …. 86,394 …. 1925 California Diamond Half
    183 …. 87,187 …. 1934-38 Boone Half
    184 …. 88,000 …. 1867-1883 Shield Nickel No Rays
    185 …. 89,104 …. 1999 Dolley Madison Dollar
    186 …. 89,301 …. 1995 Special Olympics Dollar
    187 …. 90,323 …. 2004 Lewis and Clark Dollar
    188 …. 94,708 …. 1993 WWII Dollar
    189 …. 95,248 …. 1986 Statue of Liberty $5 Gold
    190 …. 98,383 …. 1993 Bill of Rights Dollar
    191 …. 99,157 …. 2001 Capital Visitor Center Half
    192 …. 100,057 …. 1946 Iowa Half
    193 …. 100,058 …. 1918 Illinois Half
    194 …. 100,224 …. 1935s-1936d California Pacific Half
    195 …. 103,201 …. 2002 West Point Dollar
    196 …. 106,422 …. 1998 Robert Kennedy Dollar
    197 …. 106,949 …. 1992 Columbus Dollar
    198 …. 119,520 …. 1995 Civil War Half
    199 …. 123,803 …. 1992 White House Dollar
    200 …. 124,958 …. 1991 USO Dollar
    201 …. 130,000 …. 2005 Marine Corps Dollar
    202 …. 133,139 …. 1991 Mount Rushmore Dollar
    203 …. 135,203 …. 1989 Congress Dollar
    204 …. 135,702 …. 1992 Christopher Columbus Half
    205 …. 140,000 …. 1908-1929 Indian $2.5 Gold
    206 …. 141,120 …. 1926 American Independence Half
    207 …. 142,080 …. 1924 Huguenot-Wallon Half
    208 …. 149,661 …. 1934-1938 Texas Independence Half
    209 …. 150,000 …. 1864-1909 Indian Cent Bronce
    210 …. 150,000 …. 1849-1907 Liberty Head $2.5 Gold
    211 …. 161,607 …. 1992 XXV Olympiad Half
    212 …. 162,013 …. 1925 Lexington-Concord Half
    213 …. 163,753 …. 1989 Congress Half
    214 …. 164,605 …. 1995 Base Ball Half
    215 …. 168,208 …. 1994 World Cup Half
    216 …. 171,001 …. 1995 Basket Ball Half
    217 …. 172,165 …. 1920-1921 Pilgrim Half
    218 …. 172,754 …. 1991 Mount Rushmore half
    219 …. 173,224 …. 1993 Bill of Rights Half
    220 …. 187,552 …. 1992 XXV Olympiad Dollar
    221 …. 190,000 …. 1883 V Nickel No Cents
    222 …. 191,368 …. 1988 Olympiad Dollar
    223 …. 192,968 …. 1993 WWII Half
    224 …. 200,000 …. 1913 Buffalo Nickel Raised Mound
    225 …. 200,000 …. 1917-1930 Standing Liberty Quarter Type II
    226 …. 203,101 …. 1926-1939 Oregon Trail Half
    227 …. 213,049 …. 1991 Korean War Dollar
    228 …. 214,225 …. 1987 Constitution $5 Gold
    229 …. 227,131 …. 2001 American Buffalo Dollar
    230 …. 241,669 …. 1990 Eisenhower Dollar
    231 …. 266,927 …. 1993 Jefferson Silver Dollar
    232 …. 274,077 …. 1923 Monroe Doctrine Half
    233 …. 300,000 …. 1908-1929 Indian $5 Gold
    234 …. 325,000 …. 1908-1933 Indian $10 Gold
    235 …. 325,000 …. 1907-1908 Saint $20 No Motto
    236 …. 452,304 …. 1984PD&S Olympic Dollar
    237 …. 500,000 …. 1877-1907 Liberty Head $20 Gold Type III
    238 …. 642,571 …. 1983-1984 Los Angeles Dollar
    239 …. 650,000 …. 1883-1913 V Nickel
    240 …. 650,000 2006-2009 $50 Gold Buffalo
    241 …. 723,635 …. 1986 Statue of Liberty Dollar
    242 …. 723,635 …. 1987 Constitution Dollar
    243 …. 928,008 …. 1986 Statue of Liberty Half
    244 …. 1,000,000 …. 1866-1908 Liberty Head $5 Gold with Motto
    …. millions …. 1909-1958 Lincoln Cent All forms
    …. millions …. 1913-1938 Buffalo Nickel Flat
    …. millions …. 1938-2003 Jefferson Nickel
    …. millions …. 1942-1945 Jefferson Nickel-silver
    …. millions …. 1916-1945 Mercury Dime
    …. millions …. 1946-1964 Roosevelt Dime
    …. millions …. 1932-1964 Washington Quarters
    …. millions …. 1916-1947 Walking Liberty Half
    …. millions …. 1948-1963 Franklin Half
    …. millions …. 1878 -1921 Morgan Dollar
    …. millions …. 1922-1935 Peace Dollar
    …. millions …. 1866-1907 Liberty Head $10 Gold with Motto
    …. millions …. 1908-1933 Saint $20 with Motto
    …. millions …. 1892 Columbian Half
    millions …. 1925 Stone Mountain Half
    millions …. 1946-1951 Booker T Washington Half
    millions …. 1951-1954 Carver/Washington Half

And by the way the pops shown for the classics prior to 1900 are estimated surviving MS60+ populations and do not inlude material thats still around in AU-58 or lower grades.
  • Options

<< <i>Which "one" APE is KING? Is it the KING of all moderns?

--The $50 unc-w: 2,577 mintage, 75% of the next $50, and 96% of the next lowest APE

--The $25 unc-w: 2,676 mintage, 69% of the next $25, and 99 coins more than the lowest APE

--The $50 proof: 3,663 mintage, 72% of the next lowest $50, and 94% of the next lowest proof

--or, another... >>

I agree that you can't really compare the proofs and uncs. I'd place both the $50 and $25 proofs as first in line for future greatness, though.
  • Options
    Can someone provide a link to the current (Dec 29th) online 2008 US Mint sales figures? Thanks in advance...
    "There's no free lunch" MF
  • Options
    Thanks Eric, awesome list. Will the AGE 1999-W "error" coins be on your list?
  • Options
    Excellent type collecting data Eric. Some of these #'s are "eye opening" for example I didn't realize that there were so many (4500) High Relief Saints. Does make one wonder where some of these newer coins might end up, many years from now.
  • Options
    Can someone provide a link to the current (Dec 29th) online 2008 US Mint sales figures? Thanks in advance...

Nope, these numbers came directly from the US Mint to Eric Telephone.

Look for them tomorrow at COINNEWS.NET

Last Weeks Numbers
  • Options
    Of course, as was pointed out last week I believe by nycouncel, once again the 08 w plat UNC numbers are completely unchanged indicating that they have received no attention, no updates at all.

As nycouncel pointed out, if they at least showed some change they would be more meaningful as an indicator of the actual numbers shipped.

The suspense goes on...
  • Options
    I need to correct the 1907 High Relief Saints number from Erics excellent list ...
    the mintage was not 4500 pieces, but rather 11,250 pieces struck ...
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great info, Eric. Love the list and the "modeling" thoughts. I notice you didn't include the '08 plats on your list. They're going to bump quite a few on down. image
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Eric, Don't forget to include the Capital Visitor Center Gold proof. You can squeeze it in between #s 127 & 128 or just give it a .5 or something.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file