Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Silver, Gold, Platinum Eagles, Buffalo Issues, Mints Intentions, Historical and current sales data f

Comments

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭
    I just rec'd a Mint email for my ASE's that says backordered also.......Everything is freakin B/O......or not!!

Greetings from the United States Mint.
    We regret to inform you that the item(s) listed below
    are currently on backorder. Please expect your item(s)
    to arrive within the timeframe listed below.
    Track your order at http://catalog.usmint.gov
    Thanks again for shopping with the United States Mint.

Order #: 30725xxx - 1
    Sold To : ____ _____
    Ship To : ____ _____
    Item: Z8F Qty: -- Exp Ship: 1/17/09
    2008 AE SILVER UNC MM 1 OZ

This is a system generated e-mail. Please do not reply.
    If you have questions, please visit the Help page at .
    http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got a bunch more notifications, everything ordered in the last week or so...

My ASE's are b/o to the 19th --
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    So, what's going on with those 2008 unc APE coins? image
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146

<< <i>So, what's going on with those 2008 unc APE coins? image >>

The next round of the ongoing fight will commence with next Tuesday's report. image
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered - 1/4 AGE Unc's now b/o'd until Jan 20...

Should be going DARK any time now.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just ordered - 1/4 AGE Unc's now b/o'd until Jan 20...

Should be going DARK any time now. >>

It does not say backordered on the catalog page. Most likely a mint website glitch.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    I got the same email concerning some AGE unc I ordered.
    Everything may be on hold relating to move to new shipping center.
    When was move due to take place?
  • Options

<< <i>I got the same email concerning some AGE unc I ordered.
    Everything may be on hold relating to move to new shipping center.
    When was move due to take place? >>

What is really happening is that the mint has ceased shipping so that they can load the remainder of the gold Bullion along with the rest of the treasury onto trucks to make it easier to transport to Crawford, Texas.....

At least that is my theory!
  • Options
    nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    Last night I received 2 backorder emails, one for ASEs and another for prosperity sets
    Dan
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    I don't have any "open orders", but was just curious... has anybody that's received these new backorder emails bothered to call them & find out what's up?
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered a 4-coin AGE unc on 12-19 and it is now b/o'd to Jan20...Jan20! Oh, I know...they are going to b/o this until BHO gets in office and then he's going to confiscate them all.

Ren
  • Options

<< <i>I don't have any "open orders", but was just curious... has anybody that's received these new backorder emails bothered to call them & find out what's up? >>

I just tried calling & after going through the automated system, I pressed "0" for a representative... Just kept ringing & ringing - nobody picked up.

• Options
    1/4 oz AGE proof just went black. No longer available. Only the 1/10 oz is available.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't have any "open orders", but was just curious... has anybody that's received these new backorder emails bothered to call them & find out what's up? >>

I just tried calling & after going through the automated system, I pressed "0" for a representative... Just kept ringing & ringing - nobody picked up. >>

Maybe they pulled a Madoff and went out of business over the holiday? image)
  • Options
    Hey fellow Board Members, This is to stop the Guessing Games that is going on about the US Mint. The Fullfillment center HAS MOVED to Plainfield Indiana. No orders will be Sent out until they have time to get SET UP in the new/different facility. Hope this clears the AIR. Now you know the rest of the STORY. If after reading this try a phone call to the Washington Office for to be told by a mint REP. and not an order taker on the 800 line.
    Charles Crews ** CU Members that I have had Buy/sell deals with alohagary,dabigkahuna,goldman86,fivecents,endzone,clackamas,ericj96,Bochiman,Wingsrule,adriana,claychaser,holeinone1972,itsnotjustme,MJcoin,Kishul,jsego,TWQG,carlwolfort,jmski52,steelielee,grote15
  • Options
    I ordered a Prosperity Set and a 1/4 unc. gold eagle on Friday . . . at first, looked ok, then got email saying backordered until 1/17.

I duplicated the order last night, and got immediate notification of backorder status, ship date 1/20. I debated too long, obviously,
    as to whether I should order one of each, and then decided I'd really rather have two of each.

Does past experience tell you folks if these orders are likely to be filled, or more likely to end up being cancelled?

I'm fairly new at this - but I'm trying to play a fast game of 'catch-up'.

• Options

<< <i>I ordered a Prosperity Set and a 1/4 unc. gold eagle on Friday . . . at first, looked ok, then got email saying backordered until 1/17.

I duplicated the order last night, and got immediate notification of backorder status, ship date 1/20. I debated too long, obviously,
    as to whether I should order one of each, and then decided I'd really rather have two of each.

Does past experience tell you folks if these orders are likely to be filled, or more likely to end up being cancelled?

I'm fairly new at this - but I'm trying to play a fast game of 'catch-up'. >>

You will most likely receive them IMHO, however with the mint you never know for sure!
  • Options

<< <i>I ordered a Prosperity Set and a 1/4 unc. gold eagle on Friday . . . at first, looked ok, then got email saying backordered until 1/17.

Welcome!
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    OK that makes sense. Since the mint is shifting fulfillment enters they have no inventory on how many are left so everything goes to backorder. Eventually the system will be corrected.
  • Options
    Clawdia just order the other sets in a new order if you are worried, it is only $5 more. I would guess they have plenty of sets and 1/4 coins left but nobody here knows for sure.
  • Options

<< <i>Clawdia just order the other sets in a new order if you are worried, it is only $5 more. I would guess they have plenty of sets and 1/4 coins left but nobody here knows for sure. >>

Thanks . . . that's what I did - placed one order on Friday, and then another one in the wee hours of this morning.

My thinking was that if one didn't ship, perhaps the other would . . . and I asked for expedited shipping on the order I placed earlier today, to see if that makes any difference. I had decided I felt safer with two outstanding orders, for some reason. I can't help but think that there's some money to be made off these coins in the future, and I want one of the Prosperity Sets just to have it around to admire for a while. I had bought 2006W and 2007W gold eagles when the cashback program was in effect but, being new at all this, didn't have enough sense to buy the buffs while the mint still had them, or to buy the '08 unc. until late in the game. The learning curve is a bit steep when you start from basement level ignorance!

Thanks for the welcome, too. Kinda sucks being a newbie in some places, but at least it wears off if you give it a little time. I've been on the Kitco forums for a while, but only found this board a couple of weeks ago - some very interesting stuff here, for sure!

• Options

<< <i>OK that makes sense. Since the mint is shifting fulfillment enters they have no inventory on how many are left so everything goes to backorder. Eventually the system will be corrected. >>

Maybe they will find out the UNC Plat order numbers are off by over a 1000 when they get to their new locationimage
  • Options
    NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Don't worry everyone, the new warehouse will be inventoried soon. Here is a sneak peak of it.

I think that crate way back in the third isle at the end has some more missing plats.image
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    hi there Clawdia, no need to pay for expedited as it's auto expedited on orders over 300...And Welcome....image
  • Options

WELCOME CLAWDIA!! Glad that you found the forums, you'll get hooked fast. Regards, Ron
  • Options
    I appreciate all the welcomes . . . and I think I'm already hooked. I've been reading every day while waiting to get authorized entry.
  • Options

<< <i>Don't worry everyone, the new warehouse will be inventoried soon. Here is a sneak peak of it.

I think that crate way back in the third isle at the end has some more missing plats.image >>

Are those crates of Prexie bucks and 2001 Kennedy halvesimage
  • Options
    those crates are 7over8s stash of 2008 uncirculated platinums image
    Dan
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's 7over8 to discuss the 1/5/08 Mint Stats??

Oh, and welcome Clawdia!!! image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clawdia, image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

A raw 2008 $25 platinum proof sold yesterday for $596 + $15 s&h.

2008 $25 plat proof

Not too shabby.

Dan
  • Options

<< <i>those crates are 7over8s stash of 2008 uncirculated platinums image >>

Isn't the Holy Grail in the box going down the aisle?
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    wish they were all my crates of unc-w plats.

and by the way, it was the Arc of the Covenant......

news will come of final coins minted, not orders, not sales,

those sales reports wont move much as the reconciliation is ongoing, cancellations are huge.

I feel we will be in for some big surprises.

we should see these by mid Jan per the USM Office of Public Affairs.
  • Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    Just an FYI. Holidays prove a great time to get your coins in & out. Fabulous turnaround time.
    Should have sent the entire box. Looks like Santa stopped by.

1 1 13206014 399934 2008-W $10 American Buffalo US PR70DC
    1 2 13206015 399934 2008-W $10 American Buffalo US PR70DC

Total Items: 2
    Date Received: 12/23/2008
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: OK

• Options

<< <i>wish they were all my crates of unc-w plats.

and by the way, it was the Arc of the Covenant......

news will come of final coins minted, not orders, not sales,

those sales reports wont move much as the reconciliation is ongoing, cancellations are huge.

I feel we will be in for some big surprises.

we should see these by mid Jan per the USM Office of Public Affairs. >>

Hope you're right.....but seriously doubt it at this point. Guess you can say "toldya so" if it happens.....if it doesn't I hope you man up!! Either way it's a good long term set!!
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of the Ark of the Covenant, ... Isn't this on it?

Thou shall not covet your other forum members' 2008 W UNC platinums.image
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    Just received a UPS delivery from the Mint ordered on 12/23. Only 5 boxes of gold, out of 11 orders that day.

Seems like the Mint halted shipping after my 5th order on the 23rd. E-mails from the Mint indicate that the others will
    ship on 1/7/09, though the Mint website has them listed as "no longer available."

Hopefully, they'll get things moving once again on the 7th.

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    Are those really the new numbers. I don't see where anything changed.
  • Options

<< <i>A raw 2008 $25 platinum proof sold yesterday for $596 + $15 s&h.

2008 $25 plat proof

Not too shabby. >>

Excellent! There is hope that I can at least break even on the ones that I bought at full price when they first came out :-)
  • Options

<< <i>Just an FYI. Holidays prove a great time to get your coins in & out. Fabulous turnaround time.
    Should have sent the entire box. Looks like Santa stopped by.

1 1 13206014 399934 2008-W $10 American Buffalo US PR70DC
    1 2 13206015 399934 2008-W $10 American Buffalo US PR70DC

Total Items: 2
    Date Received: 12/23/2008
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: OK >>

younique-

I assume that you specifically picked these two to send in. Is this correct?

I've been selling various buffs in the sealed mint boxes for a nice premium. I just can't decide whether to have some graded. I'll have to take a look at how they are grading through.

Congrats on the 70s!!!
  • Options
    Two of ten quarters gradeworthy.
  • Options

<< <i>I believe that one series that is still a relatively good value is modern commemoratives, especially silver dollars.

While 2006-W burnished silver eagles (mintage ~470K) sell for around $100, 1994-D uncirculated Capitol Bicentennial dollars (mintage ~68K) can be found for $20 or less.

A 1994-P proof silver eagle (mintage ~372K) brings $175 or more. A 1996-P proof Paralympics silver dollar (mintage ~84K) fetches around $55.

The 1991-D uncirculated USO silver dollar (mintage ~125K) is about the same price as a circulated 1922 Peace dollar, a few dollars above melt.

The lowest mintage silver eagle, the 1995-W proof (mintage ~30K) sells for $4,000+. The lowest mintage modern commemorative silver dollar, the 1996-D uncirculated Paralympic (mintage ~14.5K) brings less than $350.

In terms of affordability and design variety, I prefer modern commemoratives to modern bullion coins.

My opinion only. >>

Being a Commer collector I hope you are right but frankly I suspect it will never be. They dont circulate and I suspect 99% of these are in safesdealers shelvesdrawers waiting to see the light of day. Thus any demand will be easly met without any effect to the price.

Heck at this point I would be just happy if they kept their mint price value, quite a few modern commers are trading well below their purchase price.
    Bottom Feeder collector, Happy collector of Moderns
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are those really the new numbers. I don't see where anything changed. >>

No, not new.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's Tuesday...therefore, isn't it time for some more inaccurate plat/buff/AGE sales and/or mintage numbers from the Mint?!?

It's too quiet...we need to fire things up around here!
  • Options
    tick, tock, tick, tock tuesday.
  • Options

<< <i>It's Tuesday...therefore, isn't it time for some more inaccurate plat/buff/AGE sales and/or mintage numbers from the Mint?!?

It's too quiet...we need to fire things up around here! >>

How do we know they are innacurate???? Printed info from a government agency. You can take that to the bank. image
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.
  • Options
    NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    CoinNews.Net posted numbers this morning. These are screen shots of their numbers as of 1/6/2009:

Edited to Add a Linky to the CoinNews.Net article: LINKY
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    What time does the numbers come out? It is 11:37 EST already.image
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

So...basically no changes to the plats...and no resolution to the argument!

Oh well...and the beat goes on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file