Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Silver, Gold, Platinum Eagles, Buffalo Issues, Mints Intentions, Historical and current sales data f

Comments

• Options
    nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    4000!!!
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimageimageimage
    Dan
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So...basically no changes to the plats...and no resolution to the argument!

Oh well...and the beat goes on. >>

Those were last week's #'s, I guess this week's has not come out.
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 2,500 more posts to catch up to "Nanney" and 5,800 to "Predictions."

Ren(W)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So...basically no changes to the plats...and no resolution to the argument!

Those were last week's #'s, I guess this week's has not come out. >>

Yes, we want Eric's numbers.

btw, congrats of 4k, Eric

Ren(W)
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    The 2008 w silver eagles are backorder so they are kaputt, looks like the system is working.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just put in an order in my effort to help nudge the "W" Unc 1/4 oz. and 1 oz. AGEs towards their final numbers.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>The 2008 w silver eagles are backorder so they are kaputt, looks like the system is working. >>

Ship date 12/17/08?? System appears to be working fine... image
  • Options
    I said it was working, I didn't say perfectly.image

The buffalo celebration coin is also backorder though.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Those were last week's #'s, I guess this week's has not come out. >>

There are indeed changes to some, not all, but to some of the numbers!image
  • Options
    Yes, last week's #'s were a little different from the DEC. 24th #'s, but what is this week's?
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    Looks like the 1/10 gold proof eagle is also backorder so the gold unc and 8 8 8 sets are all that are left [and spouse].
  • Options
    At least platinum at $959, up $16, should help the 2008 W $100 unc....recently for sale at $1,070.image

Ren(W)
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    If Detroit ever starts making cars again there will be no 1oz platinum coins for near $1000.
  • Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    All AGE W also on Back Order
  • Options
    these are going to be great coins in very low #s the W Uncirculated golds.Stinks I'm broke from the proof plats.
  • Options

<< <i>All AGE W also on Back Order >>

Wow! All at once!image
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    The Double Prosperity Set is also on backorder now even though it does not indicate that up front.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    The 2008-W unc AGEs could be the sleepers of the year. If they're toast, it's possible all denominations will be sub-10K mintages. And the coins are gorgeous.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I ordered on Dec 23 for MS fractionals and the prosperity set and Dec 19 for the AGE gold fractional proofs. All on backorder. More than likely I won't receive these. Anyway looking forward the High Relief supposedly coming around Jan. 22.
  • Options

<< <i>

Wow! All at once!image >>

May have something to do with their Fulfillment Center moving to Indy.
  • Options
    nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    I'm not convinced the AGEs are dead given the Mint's recent website issues.
    Dan
  • Options
    I doubt if they all went backorder at the same instant it is without the mint having some inventory issue. However assuming it is correct and they are backorder with no more stock, then these w unc gold are scary low mintage that will do very well IMO.

The 1/4 could be lower than the "error" coin that sells for $850 or so in MS69.
  • Options

<< <i>then these w unc gold are scary low mintage that will do very well IMO.

The 1/4 could be lower than the "error" coin that sells for $850 or so in MS69. >>

That is a fear that I am prepared to deal with!
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I am wondering if these backorder notices are related to the distribution center move.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

I have the innate ability to usually acquire 0.1% of the mintage of most "Modern Miracles"........

and at or around that point, my funds dry up!!
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

May have something to do with their Fulfillment Center moving to Indy. >>

Bingo!!
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Or maybe it could just be the orders that have been pouring in for the last three weeks dried up the stock. The move is not that far, a 1 day trip at most, plus what do they really have to move, a few spouse boxes and leftover silver eagles? I say they are done...imho of course...image
  • Options
    It doesn't hurt to place an order and get in the backorder queue. You can always cancel before they ship if they go back to available status.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    As I mentioned in another thread, there is something odd going on with the US Mint website and inventory system.
    o I had some orders which were "in stock and reserved" and now showing B/O
    o So many products are going b/o in short order.

What may be interesting is that the inventory issues is resulting in more rapid sellouts of the AGE products.
    If these were so short struck, the US Mint would have needed only published accurate mintage figures to achieve the same result and not result in all this guessing and speculation. image
  • Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Or maybe it could just be the orders that have been pouring in for the last three weeks dried up the stock. The move is not that far, a 1 day trip at most, plus what do they really have to move, a few spouse boxes and leftover silver eagles? I say they are done...imho of course...image >>

As a humorous aside, the long move may be that the US Mint is using USPS registered mail to ship the AGE, APE, and ASE products. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

May have something to do with their Fulfillment Center moving to Indy. >>

Bingo!! >>

Ah, but you can still get all the 2008 spouse gold you probably want.
  • Options
    I'm thinking that the "W" AGEs are done, but I've been wrong before.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm thinking that the "W" AGEs are done, but I've been wrong before.image >>

I sure hope you're wrong, since I have two 1/4s on backorder - but I've been a day late (and/or a dollar short) more than once before.
  • Options
    Can anyone enlighten me? My realtime order receipt says "In Stock", and the receipt that the Mint sent me says "Backordered".image

If my backorder was placed right about the time that the Mint put the AGEs on backorder status, do I have any chance of seeing the coins?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    Where are the new sales numbers that were to be out today?
  • Options
    The Mint took the week off.image
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    Maybe Eric and 7/8 are doing an inventory in Indy.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    you couldn't pay me enough
  • Options
  • Options
    SCDHunterSCDHunter Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can anyone enlighten me? My realtime order receipt says "In Stock", and the receipt that the Mint sent me says "Backordered".image

If my backorder was placed right about the time that the Mint put the AGEs on backorder status, do I have any chance of seeing the coins? >>

I ordered my Uncirculated AGEs on 20 December. At the time, they indicated "in stock and reserved". I received an email notice that they are backordered a few days ago. Go figure!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder whether we'll ever see the AGE Unc sets that we ordered on Jan. 3.

I notice that they have the same delivery date (1/21) a my plat proof set ordered on 12/08. I'm just positive that I'll see the plats!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    I think the Mint is waiting to see if any platinum eagle proofs are returned for replacement or maybe lost in the delivery system. Maybe after the 16th or so, they might release the ones they are holding in case of returns or non-delivery.
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder whether we'll ever see the AGE Unc sets that we ordered on Jan. 3.

I notice that they have the same delivery date (1/21) a my plat proof set ordered on 12/08. I'm just positive that I'll see the plats! >>

I don't know of Jan 3...I hope I get mine ordered 12-19!
  • Options
    I ordered my Uncirculated AGEs on 20 December. At the time, they indicated "in stock and reserved". I received an email notice that they are backordered a few days ago. Go figure!

Ah, now it's becoming clear. My realtime order only said "In Stock" and not "In Stock and Reserved". And then, I received a backorder notice.

I suppose that means something like, "we have the stuff you ordered, but we aren't going to tell you squat, and we won't reserve it for you because we're not sure where we put it in the warehouse."

Hey, do you suppose that PCGS would make up some LS labels for "last shipped", for us AGE pseudo-die state collectors?image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Order Placed 5 minutes ago

2008 AE SILVER UNC MM 1 OZ 20 $25.95 $519.00 20 units backordered. Expected to ship on 01/30/2009.

FloridaBill
  • Options
    20 units backordered. Expected to ship on 01/30/2009.

Do they REALLY mean it?image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭
    Just to add to the hub bub...I ordered 10 and 15 ASEs about 2 hours ago, and was promised a 1/21 ship date. Maybe the speculation the move to the new shipping facility is the reason for the delay...or not, but I gotta keep hoping, I guess.

ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options
    Back in the beginning to middle of December I stated I was going to buy AGE UNC-W's for several reasons, BUT all I got was ridicule and ignored. LOL Too funny...mine have been delivered and sitting in my vault. I still have until the 22nd to send them back. Played the 30 day return game which was a no brainer. Even better...I still have 2 weeks to see where the numbers go and to see if they go back on sale. image
    Platinum Is Best
  • Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    Eric, turn on your pm & read your messages.

Colleen
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    They got me too.

I placed orders on 12/10 that were in stock/reserved that changed to backordered.

I placed orders on 12/17 that were in stock/reserved and shipped.

Same credit card, same everything.

I think the Big Boys got involved with the Mint's order processing. Perhaps Governer Blagoyjevick has my AGEw's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file