Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

thenavarro's official HOF & Legends signed rookies It was a heckuva run ;)

Comments

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Added another should be HOF'er in my opinion, 1984 Donruss Don Mattingly signed at an Ironclad Authentics signing two weeks ago. Beautiful condition except for the holograms they put on the back.

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Man, I always wanted one of those. How much did it run ya ??

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    What does Mattingly charge these days? About 150? I would think you could do this card for 200 or less.

Nice card and auto
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I see Mattingly in NJ coming up. 89 bucks for a flat. could do this for 125...hmmmm
  • Options

<< <i>Man, I always wanted one of those. How much did it run ya ?? >>

Ironclad charges $89.00 for a signed flat plus $10.00 return shipping. You can pick up a PSA 9 Mattingly unsigned 1984 Donruss for around $35-50 I believe on ebay.

Mike
  • Options
    $89 is too much for Mattingly. 1 time MVP, 6 Time all-star. He was very good, but $90 for his autograph, PLEASE! More power to you if you can afford it.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Mike. I will check it out.

Do you already have an Ichiro rookie? I am sure he will be a future HOFer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ICHIRO-SUZUKI-AUTO-SIGNED-93-BBM-ROOKIE-CARD-W-HOLO_W0QQitemZ370109472426QQihZ024QQcategoryZ73396QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

image >>

Austin,

I actually had a deal swung to buy that exact one from Millcreek about 2 1/2- 3 months ago. We negotiated a fair price to both of us, and he said he would lower the buy it now to the price we agreed on. He never lowered it, and I called him personally on the phone, and he told me that he was sorry, but that he could not locate the piece in his warehouse after we had agreed on it, so he couldn't sell it. I told him to see if he could find it in the next week and I'd still buy it. About two weeks passed, and I emailed him and said forget about it, that I was spending the money elsewhere on other cards, ironically, he claimed to have found it again. But, like I had indicated, I already had deals brewing for other stuff so we didn't complete a deal. I'm sure if it sits there long enough, I'll probably be the proud owner of that very card unless someone else buys it first. I'm just having trouble shelling out that kind of coin for a singles hitter.

Mike
  • Options
    Added 1991 Upper Deck Final Edition Pedro Martinez. Very tough card to find signed. I'm not 100% sure on authenticity of this one yet, but I rarely see this card so I'm taking a chance on it. Looks like it could be a hurried, in person signature as it bears strong characteristics of his signature, just looks rushed. I'll be sending it in to PSA/DNA for slabbing in December along with a few others. I've gone 81 for 81 so far so I'll miss one sooner or later I'm sure.

• Options
    Added a 1951 Bowman Willie Mays already PSA/DNA. This one was offered on ebay a couple months ago, and I hesitated to buy it as I couldn't get past the trim job, but after looking at my other options the past couple months, and with Mays' signature and signature placement getting worse as he ages, I decided that it would be a viable option. Saw it on ebay again, and jumped at it with the MSN discount. Great price after the MSN rebate. Reasonably attractive card and I'm proud to add it to my stable.

• Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Nice add of the Mays. I see less of his signed 51 Bowmans than I do signed Mantle cards.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    I shouldn't go backward in years for the sake of my pocketbook, but I saw this and thought it would be a neat addition so I bought it. 1933-1934 Goudey Sport Kings Carl Hubbell.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Mays and Hubbell Mike.
    Now you should go after all the signed t206 HOFers image

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Very cool card!
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    This thread has turned into a virtual museum!

Great stuff!
  • Options
    Hey Mike,

Saw this and thought of your collection. Perhaps you can make a run for it -

ebay link

Austin
    "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" - Apostle Paul - Philippians 1:21
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    nice additions

real nice set of cards you have going there.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Nice Hubbell! I've seen a few signed 33 Goudey Hubbells before, but not many signed Sport Kings.

I wish I had saved an extra 33 Lindstrom and Waner for you now... image
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Added another should be HOF'er in my opinion, 1984 Donruss Don Mattingly signed at an Ironclad Authentics signing two weeks ago. Beautiful condition except for the holograms they put on the back.

>>

Upon request, Ironclad will not place a hologram on your item (at least they put it on the back)
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice Hubbell! I've seen a few signed 33 Goudey Hubbells before, but not many signed Sport Kings.

I wish I had saved an extra 33 Lindstrom and Waner for you now... image >>

Yep, now I wish I had bought them when you offered!

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Mike,

ebay link

Austin >>

Austin,

Thanks for the link, but I just bought this Musial this weekend that I'm going to send to Stan to be signed:

Take care,

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey Mike,

ebay link

Austin >>

Austin,

Thanks for the link, but I just bought this Musial this weekend that I'm going to send to Stan to be signed:

Take care,

Mike >>

Nice, I bet you are getting pretty good at cracking them cases huh? image

How much does Stan charge for graph?
    "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" - Apostle Paul - Philippians 1:21
  • Options

<< <i>
    Nice, I bet you are getting pretty good at cracking them cases huh? image

How much does Stan charge for graph? >>

Austin, yep, I don't even take extra precaution with cracking now, I just set them on concrete, crush the top two corners with a hammer and use a butter knife to pry the case open. Works like a charm and no damage to the cards. I believe Musial charges $100.00 through his Stan the Man, Inc., but there are several reports of one free one with a nice sincere letter.

Mike
  • Options
    Added one of the guys I used to enjoy watching growing up. Definitely not a HOF'er but for the price of the slab alone I went ahead and picked it up. 1977 Topps Jack Clark.

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Nice pick up on the Jack Clark. Even though he played up in Candlestick Park, he was a very good big leaguer. I had talked to him a few times back when he was driving his Top Fuel Dragster in the early 90's and he was always a very friendly guy and you could tell he really loved fast cars. He used to have one of the Ferrari F40's that he drove around all the time.

Brian
  • Options
    Added 1993 BBM Ichiro Suzuki PSA/DNA slabbed with Ichiro's hologram on the back. Obtained from Millcreek Sports in WA, who is Ichiro's outlet for authentic signed items. We negotiated over one back in September and it never worked out, but I called them today and we came to terms pretty quickly. They lowered the price from $449.00 to $400.00 and I bought it using the Microsoft cashback offer with free shipping, so the net cost to me after the rebate processes will be $280.00. I was having a hard time getting myself to pay $400.00 for primarily a singles hitter, but I feel he is a HOF lock and with the 30% off, that sealed the deal. Glad to get it added to my collection.

• Options
    Wow $280 shipped! that's a good deal image congrats!
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Mike, I sent Stan a 1960 Topps card and $50 dollars and got it back auto. He is a very nice guy! Even gave me a COA from himself
  • Options
    hey... singles hitters are the most underrated in the game. any doofus can rear back and swing for the moon, but to slap the ball and play actual baseball takes talent. i hate today's game
  • Options
    nice pickup! Ichiro is most definitely a glorified singles hitter, but he will make the hall.
  • Options
    Not the 1992 Bowman Hoffman that I've been looking for, but it will hold its spot for now until I can find that one. Added a future HOF'er, 1992 Upper Deck Trevor Hoffman with gorgeous early signature.

• Options
    Added a guy tonight who is never going to be a HOF, but he produced two vivid childhood memories for me growing up, and I saw the card come up, so I got it. 1981 Topps Kirk Gibson already PSA/DNA slabbed. Had two moments that will forever live in the lore of baseball, the 1984 World Series homerun and the dramatic, hobbling 1988 World Series homerun. Awesome times!

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    clayton bigsby
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Gibson's '88 homer was more dramatic but I've always cherished the one in '84 a bit more. I liked that Tigers team and words simply cannot convey how much I loathed the Padres.
  • Options
    i'm speechless! you said it all!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>nice pickup! Ichiro is most definitely a glorified singles hitter, but he will make the hall. >>

Dude -- what's up with taking my icon?!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    hey-i thought icharo was you till just now marcimage
    i just look at picsimage
  • Options
    Added 1951 Bowman Monte Irvin today. I sent him this card 10 days ago along with a $10.00 bill and a short note. Signed both the sleeve, and the card. Quick return. Thanks Monte!!

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Mike you really have a knack for buying lower grade older cards with awesome eye appeal. That card can't be more than a 4, but it looks completely awesome. Congratulations!!
  • Options

<< <i>Mike, I sent Stan a 1960 Topps card and $50 dollars and got it back auto. He is a very nice guy! Even gave me a COA from himself >>

How long did it take? I sent him a rookie Saturday and a check for $100.00. I asked him to sign it "Stan "The Man" Musial" . Will be sweet if he does.

Mike
  • Options
    Added 1949 Bowman Robin Roberts.

• Options
    Nice! is this TTM?
  • Options

<< <i>Nice! is this TTM? >>

Nope, it's an ebay purchase.

Mike
  • Options
    Got a great success today through the mail. 1951 Bowman Whitey Ford signed Whitey Ford Chairman of the Board. Ford won't sign like this at shows, I sent a polite letter and a check and got him back in about 10 days. Card was formerly a PSA 2. While Ford is a common autograph, I haven't seen another signed rookie signed Chairman of the Board. Neat card.

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Very Nice Mike. Nice addition to the collection!
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Nice Mike, I bet ole Whitey got a kick out of that request.

• Options
    Cool that he added the personalization. It would have been better if he had signed it with a ball point pen rather than Sharpie, but oh well.

I hope that wasn't you I was bidding against on that Bob Feller rookie last night, and if it was, sorry for taking it from you.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Mike,
    Thanks for the Roberts purchase, it will be shipped tommorow morning! I jut got these 3 in from the Schwartz show:

did you get anything form them?,nice Ford btw
    Dan
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭
    Dan, nice Banks!
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Hi Dan,

Nice cards, nope didn't get anything from the recent Schwartz show. I'll get Larry Bird next time they do their signings with him. If I had my Ernie Banks back from Ernie, I'd have gotten it signed. I have one signed for my collection and I mailed him my other one months ago, needless to say, it hasn't come back yet. I just wish if he wasn't going to sign it that he'd take the time to drop it back in the envelope and send it back!!

Sean,

Nope, wasn't me on the Feller, the thing I missed out on yesterday was a 1958 BVG graded 1.5 Bobby Hull that I was going to get signed, I got outbid with a couple seconds remaining. I thought I made a strong bid at $301.99 but it sold for $306.99. My own fault for not going deep enough into my pocketbook, but I was irritated about that one for awhile. I should have a 1951 Parkhurst Gordie Howe autographed coming back soon from his signing at Field of Dreams in Vegas last weekend. I can't wait to see it, he was supposed to sign it. "Gordie Howe, Mr. Hockey". Do you happen to know if Musial will sign "Stan "The Man" Musial"?? I just sent him a 48 Bowman and $100.00 and asked him to sign it that way in ink pen. Didn't know if I had a chance to get "The Man" or not. I've made 3 calls into Berra's family business trying to get a price on a custom way I want his rookie signed, but they haven't called back yet. Plus they are still holding Rube's card hostage so maybe they are just out of town or extraordinarily busy right now.

Mike
  • Options
    I think Musial does notations on request. I've never sent anything in to him, so I can't say for certain (I really do need to get a 57 Topps Team Card in at some point).

This was the Feller I won:

For less than $100, I figured it was easier than buying one and sending it in.

Who is Rober Maris?