Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

thenavarro's official HOF & Legends signed rookies It was a heckuva run ;)

Comments

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    very nice russell, cool addition to the collection
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    This is getting fun. Added a T206 autographed Rube Marquard. Rube was inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in the 1971 and lived until the age of 93 in 1980. This is one of my new favorites as I think it's awesome to have an autographed card this old. VCP shows this card to be a 1909 and the only card it lists earlier for Marquard is a studio cabinet, so technically, this might even be his "rookie card". image

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    + 1 for ol rubeimage
  • Options
    Congrats Mike ! I have always wanted a signed card that old too.

I saw where Jay gave you some love over at SCN, nice !

• Options
    that card will be 100 years old in a couple of days, very cool piece
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options
    <I saw where Jay gave you some love over at SCN, nice>

i told jay off on scn a couple of times, that place is full of 14 year old punks , jay hates me ,i get no loveimage
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    That's what I'm talking about. Awesome addition.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the T206 autographed Rube Marquard card. That is truly a one of a kind card. I guess you are about to run out of cards to chase soon. What's next, Signed cards from the 1800's? lol Great work Mike!
  • Options
    i do believe that is the 1st t206 ive ever saw autoed mikeimage
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mike,

What an awesome card that is! My guess is that at this time next year, after every friggin autographed rookie card in the past 100+ years is in your collection, you will be showing us signed letters by George Washington and Abraham Lincoln! LOL

ENJOY THE CARD and show us after you get it back from PSA!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Nice addition! Now go after that t206 Cobb you want!
  • Options

<< <i>Mike,

What an awesome card that is! My guess is that at this time next year, after every friggin autographed rookie card in the past 100+ years is in your collection, you will be showing us signed letters by George Washington and Abraham Lincoln! LOL

ENJOY THE CARD and show us after you get it back from PSA! >>

Doug, that's pretty funny, I've actually been there, done that on the Presidents.

My Presidential Collection that I sold in 2005, begins on page 18 of this pdf

I sold a complete Presidential run in April 2005 through R&R Enterprises auction house. They gave me my own section of the catalog "The Mike Navarro Presidential Collection", as that was one of the keys to them getting my consignment, I wanted a nice keepsake of my collection and they provided it for me. Check it out, I had some awesome Presidential pieces, but again, I got bored, as there were only 43 Presidents, and once I had them all, it wasn't nearly as much fun! I don't think I have to worry about burnout with the signed rookies as there is enough of them to keep me busy.

I occasionally regret selling my Presidents, but I still have some left, and everytime I hit the throttle of the Porsche I bought with some of the money, my regrets go away!! image

Mike
  • Options
    Added a 1966 Philadelphia Gale Sayers already PSA/DNA slabbed. I was actually looking on ebay for a PSA 6 or 7 to get signed, and I ran across this one already done. It was in a vintage pen autograph which I like better on the vintage cards then modern sharpie, so I went ahead and snapped it up. Nice condition card as well with good centering which is tough to find on the Sayers.

• Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Mike,

Nice cards! I always enjoy looking at your new additions. I have never seen a signed T206.
  • Options
    Nice Stuff Mike, You need to put a site together with all your cards on it. Love looking at these AUTO'd cards.

Happy New Year Budddy

Matt
  • Options

<< <i>Nice Stuff Mike, You need to put a site together with all your cards on it. Love looking at these AUTO'd cards.

Happy New Year Budddy

Matt >>

Thanks guys! Matt, I did buy the domain name http://www.hofsignedrookiecards.com
    but I haven't had the time to build my site yet. I want it to be an information site on the players and their signed cards, and I want to have a gallery where everyone can post their signed rookies. There are some collectors out there that I've met that have simply phenomenal signed rookie cards. My collection is pretty good from 1951 and up, but some of the guys have crazy signed rookies from T206 and up.

Happy New Years!

Mike
  • Options
    Another nice pick up Mike!
  • Options
    looks like the train keep rolling

nice pick up, a very strong end to the year.
    Fred

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

Did you win the lotto...or did a rich uncle die?? jesus!!!

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Added an interesting piece. Not a hall of famer but a Yankee legend that I enjoyed when I was younger. Can still remember vividly watching the news of his death. This is an authentic 1970 Topps Thurman Munson that has had a Thurman Munson PSA/DNA authenticated cut added to it creatively by fellow board member TheHun. I broke the Munson sig out of the slab it was in and sent it to TheHun to make it for me. This will look pretty cool when I get it re-slabbed with the blue PSA/DNA label, as I don't think it will qualify for the red labels due to the additional stuff applied to the card. Neat piece.

• Options
    Added 1983 Topps M&M's George Foreman today. I already had Ali and Frazier from this set so decided Foreman would be a nice addition to it. I believe he had an earlier oversize "Sportscaster" card but i don't know of any earlier cards and definitely no earlier Topps.

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    nice addition...did it come with a Grill?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Looked through the thread for the first time in about a month or two and......WOW!

Keep it up!
  • Options
    Added 1938 Goudey Bob Feller. I purchased this card as a poor scan PSA 1 unsigned, and it looked ok from the poor scan but when I got it, it should have been a PSA Ugly. I've had pretty good results buying lower graded cards that ended up with pretty good eye appeal but this one wasn't one of them. Anyways, I cracked it and sent it directly to Feller for signing. I gave him $10.00 and asked him to sign it "Rapid Robert" Bob Feller. Came back "Bob Feller". Oh well, I'll take it!! He did oblidge me by signing in pen instead of marker. If anyone needs his address, let me know, it only took less than 2 weeks.

• Options
    Not technically his rookie, but his first Topps card. 1953 Topps Satchell Paige. Found it on ebay and it passed the quick opinion, so I picked it up on a best offer. Along with this Feller, these two are the ugly ducklings of my collection, but they have character image

• Options
    Holy Molly of that Paige! That may be one of my favorite signed cards ever!
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Congrats on the Paige at a good price. You can always upgrade later (there are a fair # of signed 53 Paige cards out there if you don't end up getting a Leaf or Bowman rookie).
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Wow very very nice! Thanks for sharing Mike.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    nice addition...did it come with a Grill?

MikeSchmidt,
    Absolutely hilarious comment, to me anyway.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Mike, Congrats on the Satchell Auto. Very nice.

• Options
    Mike -

The Feller is tough - especially as he did not fulfill your nickname request.

The Paige is still wonderful - it has character.

You really need to have a web site !

cheers
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, Mike!

Shane

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    You have made some phenomenal additions over the past 2-3 months. Congrats and keep them coming!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Mike, Congrats on the Satchell and Feller cards. Those two cards have character and I think you did great job adding them to your collection. My grandfather who is still alive and well will be 90 in a couple of weeks and grew up and lived in Cleveland until the mid 50's. He was very fortunate to see Feller and Paige pitch for the Indians in person. When I was a kid he used to tell me how incredible Paige was pitching even though he was in his early 40's. I can't imagine what MLB records Paige would have if he had the chance to play in his prime. If you get the chance Mike, MLB Network aired a special last night called MLB Icons and it had a segment on Paige which was great.

Brian
  • Options

<< <i>You really need to have a web site ! >>

I agree and I keep telling myself the same thing.

Brian
  • Options
    Added another 1984 Topps Don Mattingly tonight. My other one was personalized and I found this one not personalized so I snatched it up to replace the other one. Already BGS/JSA slabbed.

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Navarro,

The Paige card itself is ugly but the autograph is gorgeous!! I struggle myself w/ autographed cards that are beat to hell...however I've resigned myself to the opinion that I'd prefer a beautiful autograph on a ugly card over an ugly autograph on a beautiful card.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options

<< <i>Added another 1984 Topps Don Mattingly tonight. My other one was personalized and I found this one not personalized so I snatched it up to replace the other one. Already BGS/JSA slabbed.

image >>

Very nice!

Mike, you don't like personalization? I actually don't mind it, it makes better story when you tell your kids that so and so autograph this for YOU!
    "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" - Apostle Paul - Philippians 1:21
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Added another 1984 Topps Don Mattingly tonight. My other one was personalized and I found this one not personalized so I snatched it up to replace the other one. Already BGS/JSA slabbed.image >>

Very nice! Mike, you don't like personalization? I actually don't mind it, it makes better story when you tell your kids that so and so autograph this for YOU! >>

I don't mind personalizations but it wasn't personalized to me. The other one was To Don . I didn't want to have to change my name image
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Mike, You have to get that website up for your collection of Auto's. I would love to all your Auto'd cards. Very impressive collection sir!
  • Options
    Added 2001 Upper Deck Sign of the Times Tiger Woods tonight. Card is creased, thus I got it at a substantial discount. As I only get them authenticated and not graded, this will go sweet with my collection. I'm still going to try and get Tiger in person at a tournament on a 1997 GSV Masters card, but I'm glad to have this one for my collection.

• Options
    Starting to get seriously jealous of your collection. Mind if I if where you live, when you leave for work, if you have pets or the like? I am doing a survey.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    KING of the Autographs!
  • Options
    Added 1990 Leaf Frank Thomas already PSA/DNA slabbed. The Big Hurt, I don't see a whole lot of signed Leaf rookies of Thomas around. Got this one from a fellow board member. Thanks Jason.

• Options
    Added 1988 Fleer Update John Smoltz already PSA/DNA slabbed. Picked it up from a fellow board member. Thanks Jason.

• Options
    I already have Jack's true rookie, the 71 Barratt's autographed, but I decided to pick up his American rookie card as well, 1981 Donruss Jack Nicklaus.

• Options
    Added 1951 Bowman Nellie Fox, already PSA/DNA slabbed. Obtained from a fellow board member. Thanks Jason.

• Options
    Got a sweet one back today in the mail. 1948 Bowman Yogi Berra. With Rube's situation, I was worried about this one, but Yogi came through for me afterall. Nice signature. Card was a SGC 40 crackout.

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    auuuuuuugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhimage
    naw, im so dumb, my 80 bucker is going out again primail with dcimage guess i can kiss my 229 $ psa 3 one goodbye and my 50$image