Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

thenavarro's official HOF & Legends signed rookies It was a heckuva run ;)

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    His son is "A Soldier ! Im A Mo Fo'n Soldier !" (YouTube it)
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    What a nice few days for some tough pickups. This is a 1988 Maxx Davey Allison rookie graded a PSA 10 AND PSA/DNA certified. One of the top Nascar drivers of all time, and died in a tragic accident in 1993. This card is tough to find signed, much less in a GEM MINT condition and signed. The highlight of my racing collection so far.

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭
    That Allison card is amazing. Hard to believe it has been more than 15 years since that helicopter crash.

Mike
  • Options
    Added a nice hockey card. Bought from a fellow board member. 1984-85 OPC Steve Yzerman.

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Added a nice hockey card. Bought from a fellow board member. 1984-85 OPC Steve Yzerman.

image >>

Great card (my favorite Hockey card in fact)!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Stevie Y's rookie is a real classic. Great, bold signature.
  • Options
    Added a neat one today. Purchased from a fellow board member. Rudy's rookie card is a 2001 Fleer I believe, but I think this is his first Topps card so it kinda qualifies (and if it technically doesn't, then I give it an exemption because of it's coolness image )

2004 Topps Fan Favorites Rudy Giuliani already PSA/DNA slabbed

• Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Purchased this one from a fellow board member. Former Texas A&M Aggie and NFL HOF'er, 1952 Bowman R. Yale Lary. My wife likes this one as she is an Aggie image >>

I'm sorry Mike we all make mistakes....image j/k

Edit: Forgot the Classic Welker Runback from 02!
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Mike, I have the same Guilliani I bet I bought it from the same person to. LOL
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Added a neat one today. Purchased from a fellow board member. Rudy's rookie card is a 2001 Fleer I believe, but I think this is his first Topps card so it kinda qualifies (and if it technically doesn't, then I give it an exemption because of it's coolness image )

2004 Topps Fan Favorites Rudy Giuliani already PSA/DNA slabbed

image >>

Where have I seen that before?
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Giuliani has a very nice signature.

Congrats!

• Options
    Added another hockey HOF great. Purchased on ebay from a fellow board member, 1969 O-Pee-Chee Tony Esposito already PSA/DNA slabbed.

• Options
    Got this one signed at a Jack Berke Productions show a couple weeks back. 1951 Topps Red Back Monte Irvin.

• Options
    The hockey portion of the collection is coming along quite nicely. This was a KSA 6.5 crackout that I sent to a Jack Berke Productions show. Came back today. Very nice 1965 Topps Phil Esposito.

• Options
    The last one that I got back from the Jack Berke shows. Card was purchased raw from a fellow board member and I sent it to the signing. 1948 Bowman Ralph Kiner.

• Options
    Is that 1948 bowman?

Nice card
  • Options
    Kiner still has an amazing signature. Congrats those look great
  • Options
    Not a HOF'er, but a legend in my eyes. Broke one of the most hallowed records in sports, by clubbing 61 homers in 1961. He had to live with a fabled asterisk for years, but in my collection, he has no asterisk, he deserves his spot. He finally got juiced out of the record, but not out of the fans memories. I tried to buy one of these on ebay last weekend and got beaten by a fellow board member and friend despite some fairly aggressive bidding on my part. I tried to buy one that another board member had with a sharpie signature a few days ago, but due to mine and two other individuals recent bidding, they felt it was worth a lot more than I did, so no deal. So, on a Saturday search of the web, I found this one, and it was love at first sight image I love the solid pen vintage Maris signature so much more than the sharpie one. A tough addition to the collection that I'm happy to have. 1958 Roger Maris already PSA/DNA slabbed.

• Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    Awesome card Mike - Maris had such a nice signature. The autograph in my avatar is definitely one of my favorites and I wouldn't be suprised if your new card becomes one of yours!
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    great Maris auto. tough to find centered like that.
  • Options
    Nice full signature on a well centered card!

Congrats Mike

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Wahoo!! Congrats on the Maris!!
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe that PSA/DNA would slab that. That signature is obviously a fake.

Just kidding! I'm in one of those crazy moods. That is an awesome card. Congratulations. You are building a wonderful collection. I love your focus. Kind of reminds me of my focus, only you spend just a little bit more money than me! image

Shane

• Options
    Maris is sweet. I also like it better since it is in ballpoint pen! Congrats
  • Options

<< <i>I can't believe that PSA/DNA would slab that. That signature is obviously a fake.

Just kidding! I'm in one of those crazy moods. That is an awesome card. Congratulations. You are building a wonderful collection. I love your focus. Kind of reminds me of my focus, only you spend just a little bit more money than me! image >>

Shane,

That first line made my heart skip a couple beats. Don't do that to this old 38 year old!!! image

Mike
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Rajah! I love the blue ball point ink on vintage cards
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Added a guy that quit way too soon. 1989 Score Barry Sanders already PSA/DNA slabbed.

• Options
    Congrats again!
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Just saw the Maris - it's a beauty!
  • Options
    Congrats Mike
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Mike

I also look forward to seeing this thread up on top to see what you have added recently. Heck of a nice weekend. Fantastic additions.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    very nice

i had not checked in a while nice pick up recently. congrats
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Mike nice Sanders. If you see another reasonably priced one at some point in the future shoot me a PM if you remember .thanks big guy.

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Got a neat one about half an hour ago. Card is not in the greatest of shape, but I don't see this one signed too often, and after finding out a couple months back that he won't sign rookies anymore (at least at the one signing I wanted to get one done at), I decided to pick this one up. 2001 Topps Gallery Albert Pujols already PSA/DNA slabbed. Card is purported to be only 8 years old, but considering that it's a Pujols, who really knows? image (Before you Pujol's diehards jump on me, if I didn't admire the guy, he wouldn't be in my collection)

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mike,

You may have one of his FANs doing a DANce and GOing crazy right now! lol
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I like the artwork on that Pujols card
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Thats a sweet card. Congrats on the nice pickup Mike.
  • Options
    i was the second highest bidder. what was you max?
    Buying or trading for these signed Jeter rc's:
    1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

• Options

<< <i>i was the second highest bidder. what was you max? >>

$251.89 if I remember right. So you're the one that cost me extra money, huh? Just messin' with ya. I was happy to get it for the price I got it for. I tried last week to get them to end the auction early, I would have paid $200.00 then, but we never got that far, as they wouldn't do it. Cost themselves about $45.00. I love it when that happens. image

Mike
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    That is indeed a very sweet Maris signed rookie. Congrats!
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Saw another thread on Mr. Mint the other day, and I emailed Alan and asked him to send me a signed "rookie" card for my collection. I've always enjoyed my interactions with Mr. Mint at shows over the years. He's a businessman dealer, and I don't mind that at all. He's made some of the neatest "finds" in the hobby. He's in my HOF of dealers, 2005 Alan "Mr. Mint" Rosen.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Mike, lol, nice.

You have a great collection.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Added a 76 year old signed card today. He has a 1932 US Caramel card, but Beckett lists this one as a rookie also. Saw it on ebay and me and the seller came to an agreeable price for both of us so he ended the auction and I bought it. Has some back damage, but presents very well. Good, solid ink autograph. 1933 Goudey Vernon "Lefty" Gomez.

• Options
    Added an interesting choice this week, purchased as part of a group from a fellow board member. This guy was a Croatian basketball legend that once scored 112 points in a game. His skills and reputation earned him a spot in the NBA, his first couple years were rather pedestrian, but his last couple he averaged over 20 points a game. Died rather young in life, in a crash on the Autobahn in 1993. He was inducted into the basketball hall of fame in 2002. A relatively tough card to find because of his early death. 1990 Hoops Drazen Petrovic already PSA/DNA slabbed.

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I had a 1990 Skybox Petrovic auto that I got in person at a Bullets game when I was a kid. At one point I sold off most of my collection and it was included. That's one of the few cards I sold that I regretted.
  • Options
    Nick pick ups!
  • Options
    Ha, ha image I was cleaning one of my desk's drawers last night at home, and I ran across this one so of course, I had to sign it and include it. I had forgotten about this card long ago. Maybe I can get PSA to slab it for me like they did my kids. Back in 1994/1995, I was even more brash back then, then I am now (imagine that, huh?). I had attended several Mavericks games early in the season, and had watched with amusement as early in the 4th quarter during every game, they would have two fans shoot NBA three pointers, one on each end, to try and win themselves a trip to the NBA All-Star game in Phoenix for the fans version of the AT&T Long Distance Shootout (the fan with the most out of 15 over the first half of the season, would win a trip to the game). Those people were awful and the most I ever saw made was 8 of 15. Granted, that's not necessarily bad, but you have to realize that no one is guarding you, all you have to do is shoot. At that point in my life, I played a lot of recreational ball, and while I wasn't very accurate with people guarding me, I could shoot it pretty well with no one in my face. I couldn't make a shot to save my life within 10 feet of the goal, but outside of that, I was pretty good between 10 and 26 ft or so. So, naturally, I call up the Mavericks and asked them how to get in the competition because I could win it. They laughed and asked could I really shoot, I told them of course or I wouldn't waste my time calling, so they said if I wanted to, I could do it at the last game they were doing it at before the All Star game so I would know what I needed to beat. They sent me tickets for my wife and I, and I wore my gym clothes to the game. At halftime, one of their reps came and got me, and I got to spend the entire 3rd quarter shooting on a warm up goal at Reunion Arena. Finally, it came showtime. The Mavericks rep told me that everyone was always short on their first couple because nerves would get to you so to put a little extra on it. I walked out on the court and it was awesome, over 17,000 people there, Jason Kidd, Jamal Mashburn, Jim Jackson and the rest of the Mavs. I went to my assigned 1st rack of balls (3 racks of 5, one on each side and one at top of key), and despite being told not to leave it short, sure enough, my first 3 shots were airballs, all short. I finally gained my composure, and after 3 in a row, the crowd started cheering and it was awesome. After the 9th in a row, I knew I had won, so I shot one up really, really, really high and missed, and the crowd went "ooohhhhh", it was pretty cool, I then made a normal one and for the last I shot it up really, really, high again, and swish. I walked back to the sideline and got high fives from the Mavericks and the fans were cheering and I looked up and they had me smiling wide up on the Jumbotron.

At the All-Star game though (our competition was actually on the day before the game) , I was terrible, I choked, and I didn't do a very good job and I finished tied for 6th place with a bunch of others. I only made 6 of my 15. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. It was an awesome experience though and my wife and I had an outstanding time at the game and in Phoenix. The Mavs treated us right, and we had an assigned concierge that would help us with everything. When I arrived to check into the hotel, they had my own uniform with shoes laying out on the bed when I walked in the room. Cool stuff.

Withour further fanfare, 1995 Mike Navarro NBA All Star fanfest special and my press clipping that makes it look like I hit 11 of 12, when it was actually 11 of 15. Great times!!

• Options
    Great story!!!
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Great story....but the auto looks fake to me. Looks like there is a break after the "k."
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    600 ..................and rolling - Mike, congrats on a great thread !
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax