Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

thenavarro's official HOF & Legends signed rookies It was a heckuva run ;)

Comments

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Picked this one up from a fellow board member. Neat card produced across the pond I do believe. I have not seen an earlier Andretti card and only know of one other the same year and that's the large sportscaster "cards".

1979 Venorlandus Mario Andretti

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Last Monday, my daughter was ill so I stayed home at work with her and got bored so while she was napping, I sent out 7 TTM requests. Got one back today. World golf HOF'er, 1981 Donruss Curtis Strange. Quick, 8 day turnaround.

• Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Mike - the reach of your collection is starting to get staggering. A Mario Andretti Venorlandus ltd.? Outstanding.
  • Options
    Added a couple of entertainment legends. Both are already BGS/JSA slabbed.

1976 Topps Welcome Back Kotter John Travolta
    1978 Topps Mork and Mindy Robin Williams

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    UH-OH. Looks like Mike is going to start getting autos of EVERYBODY now!

I have autographed rookie cards of Lassie, Mr Ed and Petey the Pup ... interested? HAHAHAHA

Seriously, those two are nice autos ... SH!T, now you are making me think of sending out non-sports TTM as well! NO ... STOP ME! I'm spending wayyyyy too much time on the TTMs as it is!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Back to sports, added another Hockey HOF'er.

1981-82 Topps Peter Stastny

• Options
    Very nice TTM success today. This card is a 1972 STP which is a relatively obscure racing issue. Very tough set to find. Member of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame, as well as named one of Nascar's 50 Greatest Drivers. 1972 STP Buddy Baker.

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Williams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Bought this one from ahmanfan, 1970 Topps Tom Mack. Also have one in the mail to Mack as well.

• Options
    Just bought this one from fellow board member GregM13. Greg says card was a former PSA 4 crackout. I believe it's the orange front variation as well. 1948 Leaf Charles Chuck Bednarik.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭✭
    jealous.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    I thought Greg lost his Bednarik in the mail? How many does he have?
  • Options
    I dont know you but -EPIC collection mike!!!!!!!!image
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought Greg lost his Bednarik in the mail? How many does he have? >>

This was the only one that I have (the other was stolen by the SC member who received it from CB). I'm going to pick up another and try my luck again.

Rgs,

Greg M>
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    A couple months back I picked up a nice BGS 6 graded Pete Rose rookie. Once I got it out of the BGS holder (those are a pain in the rear compared to PSA to open) it was in an enclosed inner sleeve and rather than have the patience to wait until I had a proper razor blade to get it out, I tried to cut the plastic sleeve with a blue fine point pen and pressure and you can see that I almost accidently punched a hole through the top border as well as left a nasty pen mark on the top border, really stupid, but I'll live and learn. It's not the first time my impatience has cost me and unfortunately probably won't be the last image Good thing for me that I only have my signed rookies slabbed authentic.

Anyways, I decided to have it signed in a unique way to make it a nice addition to my collection. I sent it to Field of Dreams out in Las Vegas and Belinda hooked me up as usual with a nice job and nice photos of Pete signing it.

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    That's a great auto Mike!!!!!!! Pete Rose will always be one of my favorite players.

brian
  • Options
    Mike ... I couldn't leave the posts at 666.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    nice addition
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    I dont see the pen mark? awesome card!
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Got a nice TTM return today. Member of the World Golf Hall of Fame, 1981 Donruss Ray Floyd. Card sustained a small crease in the round trip but still a nice addition with good eye appeal.

• Options
    This guy was a great player on my favorite pro football team growing up. Picked up from a fellow board member. 1972 Topps Ted Hendricks

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    The Mad Stork image

I always imagine him glowering at Arius as he rows away in the galley. "We keep you alive to serve this ship, forty one. Row well...and live."

One of my favorite cards from a great, great set.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Great Ted Hendricks card...I still have my original 72 Hendricks card from my childhood. I remember seeing him play when he was on the Raiders. Awesome player!!!!

brian
  • Options
    WTG Mike ... two nice pick-ups. Keep it going!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Picked this one up from a fellow board member. NFL HOF'er, 1955 Bowman Frank Gatski already PSA/DNA slabbed.

• Options
    Got an awesome addition today TTM. This card is really small, an obscure little Topps issue from 1948 called Topps Magic Photos. I mailed it to Chuck, and I was afraid that it would be too small for him to be able to sign, but I tried to make it easy by including a very fine tip flair type pen. Got it back today only 8 days later with a great sig considering the size of the card, AND an added bonus, Chuck pitched in this extra autographed card as well (and even returned my pen as well image ). I'm very pleased with this success 1948 Topps Magic Photos Chuck Bednarik.

This pic will give you an idea of how small the 48 Topps Magic Photo really is. I really like this little card, I'd put it as one of my 10 favorites in my signed collection (not from a value perspective but for what I consider the "neat factor")

• Options
    Added another TTM return I got in this past week. I already have a Venorlandus 1979 Andretti, which is a cartoon type caricature card, but this is from what I've been able to find, the first standard sized real photo Andretti issue. If anyone knows of a younger one, please let me know. 1983 PPG Mario Andretti. Mario signed two of these for me.

• Options
    Got a neat one a few minutes ago on ebay. This is a Hall of Famer that only collected 1 major league hit, and only 3 major league wins pitching!! However, he was a little bit better at basketball and was eventually named to the 50 greatest NBA players of all time. This card predated his basketball rookie by about 6 years. I've wanted this one for awhile and finally stumbled upon a reasonably priced example. 1963 Topps Dave DeBusschere.

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Mike! Love the auto collection!
  • Options
    I know this guy will never be a HOF, but a fellow board member friend offered it to me and I found it to be an interesting item due to his untimely death so I bought it. Pretty decent player that had his career and his life cut tragically short.

1989 Fleer Reggie Lewis PSA/DNA

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    mike i absolutly love the lewis. he is a retired number for the celtics, great card. i'm looking to get a graded fleer for my all-time celtics set

nic epick up
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice indeed.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Also got this one from the same collector I got the Lewis from. I already have a 94 Arod SP, but I decided to get this one as well, 1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Alex Rodriguez already PSA/DNA.

• Options
    WTG Mike. Keep it up.

Considering the amazing Presidential autograph collection you had, I don't doubt that you could get any player you wanted!

Here's my challenge to you: Obtain an Eddie Gaedel Signed Rookie Card.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Very cool Lewis!
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Picked up a nice football HOF today. He signs regularly TTM, but by the time I would have paid his fee, for the card, and for shipping both ways, I would have spent more that way then just buying this one already nicely autographed. 1970 Topps Jan Stenerud.

• Options

<< <i>WTG Mike. Keep it up.

Considering the amazing Presidential autograph collection you had, I don't doubt that you could get any player you wanted!

Here's my challenge to you: Obtain an Eddie Gaedel Signed Rookie Card. >>

Gaedel would be awesome to have. I think his first card was in 1960 and he died in 1961. Would be an incredible piece. Have you ever seen one? Didn't he wear a fraction as his number?

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Gaedel would be awesome to have. I think his first card was in 1960 and he died in 1961. Would be an incredible piece. Have you ever seen one? Didn't he wear a fraction as his number?Mike >>

1/8
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Got a nice return today TTM, only took 4 business days!! Card was a PSA 6 MC (the back) that I cracked out to send. Former Notre Dame Heisman Trophy winner and NFL HOF. 1957 Topps Paul Hornung.

• Options
    Nice return Mike!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    This must be Celtic week for me. Picked this one up off ebay for a reasonable best offer. 8 time NBA champion. 1969 John Havlicek.

• Options

<< <i>Got a nice return today TTM, only took 4 business days!! Card was a PSA 6 MC (the back) that I cracked out to send. Former Notre Dame Heisman Trophy winner and NFL HOF. 1957 Topps Paul Hornung.

image >>

Mike, odd Hornung signature. Haven't seen him sign the 'P' like that before. Perhaps changing his signature? weird to do at this stage of his life.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Added a couple nice ones TTM today. The first is a 3 time Indianapolis 500 champion, 1993 Motorsports Hall of Fame of America Inductee, 1995 National Sprint Car Hall of Fame Inductee, and 1996 International Motorsports Hall of Fame Inductee, AND a fellow Texan to boot image I have not seen any earlier standard sized photo trading cards of him, so I believe this might be his rookie. 1983 PPG Johnny Rutherford.

The second is a New Jersian by birth, and a fellow Texan by choice. NFL HOF'er, 1970 Topps Elvin Bethea. I sent him two rookie cards and $20.00, and he signed both and included this extra signed card of himself as well.

The extras of Rutherford and Bethea are available for trading for any signed HOF/legend rookies.

(just saw the hair on the scan of the Bethea, for all of you that like to joke about that, I can assure you it's from the hair on my head (the one that is attached to my neck image )

• Options
    Added another Olympic legend. Other than the large format sportscaster cards, I believe this is the first real photo standard trading card sized issue to picture Jenner. 1983 Topps M&M's Bruce Jenner.

• Options
    Added a couple more last night on ebay. While it's not his rookie (I already have that one), I remember how vendors used to try to convince us it was in pages and pages of SCD ads, it was still a memorable card from my youth. I saw it at basically the cost of authentication, so I picked it up. 1987 Topps Mark McGwire already PSA/DNA slabbed.

Additionally, the football component of my collection is beginning to come along nicely. 1977 Topps Lee Roy Selmon.

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, Nice Lee Roy. BTW he's a super nice guy.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Gaedel would be awesome to have. I think his first card was in 1960 and he died in 1961. Would be an incredible piece. Have you ever seen one? Didn't he wear a fraction as his number?

Mike >>

Gaedel's signature is very scarce in any form
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2005/483.html

<< <i>

<< <i>

Mike >>

Gaedel's signature is very scarce in any form >>

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" - Apostle Paul - Philippians 1:21
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I've heard that there are less than a dozen Gaedel signatures in collectors' hands, and they probably would fetch $1,000+ if/when they come up for auction. Many are in long-term autograph collections.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    almost 7 thousand $ for that picture of eddie, interesting story, mugged and killedimage