Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If graded 69s hit $500 who will be buying at that level? The casual collector? The speculators and flippers? How many casual collectors/accumulators do you think read NN or CW and will find out about these from those sources?
  • Options
    jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    126 auctions
    -69 37/126 29.4%
    -70 29/126 20.6
    Other 63/126 50.0
  • Options
    As all the Form members are tracking these, are there any chance of getting 2008-W Reverse 07 if we order from the USMINT today or better to buy in the secondary Market.
  • Options

<< <i>As all the Form members are tracking these, are there any chance of getting 2008-W Reverse 07 if we order from the USMINT today or better to buy in the secondary Market. >>

I guess there is still a chance of getting these from the mint, but if you buy from a reputable forum member its guaranteed to get one.
  • Options
    2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭
    Just an observation but it seemed that when they were available in the $75-150 range they were going to bidders with high feedback. Now in the $200-225 range bidders are those with lower feedback. Smart players vs. new guys??
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to go out, so I thought I'd better post this now.......

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He is in New Orleans at The Jazz Festival.

He's not thinking coins right now!

I don't blame him! >>

OT, go sit in the corner image
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>As all the Form members are tracking these, are there any chance of getting 2008-W Reverse 07 if we order from the USMINT today or better to buy in the secondary Market. >>

I guess there is still a chance of getting these from the mint, but if you buy from a reputable forum member its guaranteed to get one. >>

not for $25.95 plus shipping you won't..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I guess there is still a chance of getting these from the mint, but if you buy from a reputable forum member its guaranteed to get one. >>

not for $25.95 plus shipping you won't.. >>

Of course not, but I don't think he was expecting to. For the price of one here you can get 8 or more from the mint and take your chances, or you can buy one here now and not have to deal with returns or sellin off the extras.
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭
    Yaaahooooooooooooooooo

Just received 2 ASE-W Unc coins from the Mint. Both are reverse of 07. Order placed on 04/23/08.

Very excited indeed.
  • Options
    Congradulations!
    What was ship date??
    Anyone else from today??
  • Options
    Ordered 5 on 4/21. All oh eights.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    ordered a few on 4/29...will let you guys know
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    Need '08 W SAE for the collection. So I placed an order for two with the Mint. I figure I have nothing to lose. I need them for the collection (for the kids). Now the problem..... What if I get two '07 Rev???!! Then I still need the '08 for the collection. I hope the Mint doesn't mess up and give me the wrong coins...... image
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Congradulations!
    What was ship date??
    Anyone else from today?? >>

Shipped date was 04/29/08
  • Options
    stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I just ordered all the rest of the ASEs from the mint. I will have a public melting party of all reverse 2007 types in order to make the existing ones more valuable. My hope is to balance out how many I melt with the increasing rpice of the existing ones.

Obviously JK - but I did decide to order a whole bunch of them in smaller orders early last week.

Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>Need '08 W SAE for the collection. So I placed an order for two with the Mint. I figure I have nothing to lose. I need them for the collection (for the kids). Now the problem..... What if I get two '07 Rev???!! Then I still need the '08 for the collection. I hope the Mint doesn't mess up and give me the wrong coins...... image >>

No problem......if you get 2 of the 07 reverse let me know and I'll swap you an 08 reverse. I might even pay the postage!
  • Options
    After following this thread from day one, I went ahead and ordered 5 on 5/3 as a long shot. I will keep you posted on my results.
    “Twenty years from now you’ll regret more the things you didn’t do than those you did.” Mark Twain
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Need '08 W SAE for the collection. So I placed an order for two with the Mint. I figure I have nothing to lose. I need them for the collection (for the kids). Now the problem..... What if I get two '07 Rev???!! Then I still need the '08 for the collection. I hope the Mint doesn't mess up and give me the wrong coins...... image >>

No problem......if you get 2 of the 07 reverse let me know and I'll swap you an 08 reverse. I might even pay the postage! >>

I knew someone would be willing to help....
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭

And to think that folks complain about my avatar!

Yikes!

• Options
    keezkeez Posts: 842
    I ordered one more today (5/05) to see what I get. Says backordered, expected ship date 5/07. Fingers are crossed again.
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>I ordered one more today (5/05) to see what I get. Says backordered, expected ship date 5/07. Fingers are crossed again. >>

i ordered two over the weekend.. if your luck is anything like mine usually is, they'll be normal 08/08 coins.. i'm hoping the well hasn't run dry, but in saying so, i probably just hexed it.. well i've got four in slabs with three more on the way.. i'm already into this escapade for enough money.. luckily i got the slabbed ones cheap.. i won't say how.. c'mon 5,000 or 10,000 Mintage!.. c'mon baby.. Daddy needs a new Mercedes s-class.. this is my dream.. maybe it is not much of a dream, but in my "it ain't gonna happen so stop talking about it" fantasy, if these suckers ever do what the 1995-W did.. or if i ever hit the lotto and they put that huge honkin wad of money in my hands, and i mean hey, i'm not greedy.. ten or twenty million would satisfy me.. one of the things i'll do (after sending about twenty friends $10,000.00 tax free checks, buying a nice house, giving a bunch to charity so i won't burn in Hell.. buying the coins of my dreams, socking most of it into savings so i can live off the interest and retire).. is to take a briefcase full of $100.00 bills to a Mercedes dealer.. walk up to the salesman in his $2000.00 Armani suit, me in my leather jacket and jeans.. open the briefcase, watch his eyes bulge out of his head like an old Tex Avery cartoon.. and say "Klaus.. that black s-class over there.. prep it and have it ready for me in under thirty minutes.. and there's a thousand bucks in yer pocket for ya".. and see how fast i can make a German haul buns..

i don't really expect these coins to get me an s-class.. but i think these things are one of those opportunities that doesn't come around very often, and i'm glad i got in on the ground floor cheap.. the guys who are eBaying them for $200 or $250 are either geniuses or idiots.. and at this point it's hard to tell which..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Man it's tough to stay away. Still not going to bite though. Now that my main set is gone I am enjoying a bit of freedom from ASE's. image
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

<< <i>Man it's tough to stay away. Still not going to bite though. Now that my main set is gone I am enjoying a bit of freedom from ASE's. image >>

AHHH, what's 200 bucks? That less than any of your gold coins! image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Man it's tough to stay away. Still not going to bite though. Now that my main set is gone I am enjoying a bit of freedom from ASE's. image >>

AHHH, what's 200 bucks? That less than any of your gold coins! image >>

True, but once you have that one then the urge to get all the others back without milk spots ends up being a draining process. The stuff I sold was spotless and that was a real chore to do, but fun none the less. image
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    What BECOKA said. The mania of 'completism' is hard to cope with and needs to be properly focused. Bet you can't "eat" just one.

And then, there's the mania of 'numerology'. T minus 24 and counting.

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    >>the guys who are eBaying them for $200 or $250 are either geniuses or idiots.. and at this point it's hard to tell which.. <<

neither.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I decided to purchase a few more of the 08 ASE's from the mint after hearing stories of people still receiving the 08/07 coins. I ordered on the 30th and they charged my credit card yesterday. Hopefully they ship by the end of this week. Bad thing is they are being sent to my PO box so it will be at least 2 weeks after they ship them before I can take a look at the goods.

WISH ME LUCK! I need to buy baby furniture and replace my 1980 volvo that I have been driving for 5 years. From the California Desert to the humid souther maryland climate. Oh, it doesn't have A/C either so it REALLY SUCKS.
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had tried to get any 2008-W eagle at the gift shop at the Philly Mint and they had none in stock a couple weeks ago, so I placed an order thru the Mint's website on 4/24 for 2 of these. I had assumed that the earlier rarer 2007 reverse would've long been sold out the door, but I got my two in the mail today, and they are both the 2007 reverse. Just totally floored by this
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I had tried to get any 2008-W eagle at the gift shop at the Philly Mint and they had none in stock a couple weeks ago, so I placed an order thru the Mint's website on 4/24 for 2 of these. I had assumed that the earlier rarer 2007 reverse would've long been sold out the door, but I got my two in the mail today, and they are both the 2007 reverse. Just totally floored by this >>

Congrat's!!

When I ordered on 2 ASE's April 6th I received 2 ASE's 08/07.
    I went ahead and ordered 2 more on 4/24 haven't received them yet
    they said it left 4/30.
    I thought that I would get 2 2008 reverses, now I wonder which I will get?
    Maybe I will have to order another 2 if the mint messed up again image

Stefanie
  • Options
    I ordered 2 ASE on 4/29 shipped 5/2 received today . No luck!! I think the run is over at the mint.
  • Options
    SaamSaam Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered on the 30th and they charged my credit card yesterday. Hopefully they ship by the end of this week. Bad thing is they are being sent to my PO box so it will be at least 2 weeks after they ship them before I can take a look at the goods. >>

Made my second order on 04-29 but the mint's website still says "Your order request is in process". It must be something to do with the PO Box, since they pulled payment on 04-30.
  • Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    I ordered on 3/24 and recieved 8 for 8 w/07 reverse

Oh, hello all! I've been reading this site for a few years.
    Great site!

G1
  • Options

<< <i>I ordered on 3/24 and recieved 8 for 8 w/07 reverse

Oh, hello all! I've been reading this site for a few years.
    Great site!

G1 >>

Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• Options
    CB2597CB2597 Posts: 3,042
    Welcome G1. Its about time you came out .imageimageimage

On Ebay there seems to be a lot of NGC MS70 currently on auction or just listed for auction. How will this affect the value in terms of the future price of the NGC MS70's vis -a -vie the PCGS 70's? Would like to hear your thoughts...thx!
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numbers still are strong. Less auctions then yesterday, by 5.

Where's the ceiling on the raw ones $300?

Here's a raw won @ $255 with 2 hrs. left.

08WLink
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>Numbers still are strong. Less auctions then yesterday, by 5.

08WLink >>

I Think not!!!

Have a good one!!!
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<I Think not!!!>>

Not, meaning the ceiling is much higher?

We talkin $500 raw?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i><<I Think not!!!>>

Not, meaning the ceiling is much higher?

We talkin $500 raw? >>

Don't know for sure, However I will trade a RAW one for a set of Red Sox tickets VS The Yankees the week of the fourth image ( not in right field ) image
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Dansco start making a hole for the 08REV07 in the ASE albums?
  • Options

<< <i>Numbers still are strong. Less auctions then yesterday, by 5.

Here's a raw won @ $255 with 2 hrs. left.

08WLink >>

I like his presentation of the coins.

eBay official time 16:56:16 PDT

Live auctions and BIN's
    145 items found for: 2007 reverse 2008

Show only: Completed listings
    753 items found for: 2007 reverse 2008
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    990 image

I think I'm gonna switch to being a flipper when this thread hits 1000.
  • Options
    It's Coming,

Have a good one!!! image
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797
    A friend of mine received 7-8 boxes of 10 today...........................0............all 08 reverses..
  • Options

<< <i>I think I'm gonna switch to being a flipper when this thread hits 1000 >>

Make sure you flip it here on the BST boards first. image
  • Options
    ONETHREEONETHREE Posts: 1,126
    I am 0 for 5. Two ordered on April 21, and three more on April 28.
    "It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." - Brendan Behan

Proud Participant in Operation "Stone Holey" August 7, 2008
  • Options
    I'm on "auto-post" for 1000.........

Dan
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.......It's much more important than that........
  • Options
    me too
  • Options

<< <i>Will Dansco start making a hole for the 08REV07 in the ASE albums? >>

I doubt it
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    1000 image

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com