Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Everone seems to be caught is some sort of a trance over these '07 rev ASE's

• Options

<< <i>Raws seem to be drying up and outperforming the glut of ms69's. Leads one to believe many of the "hoards" have been disbursed. Some may be waiting yet, but there is always that percentage that will sell regardless of logic proportional to the smarter sellers... >>

I attribute this to the fact that many collectors prefer coins in OGP. Not everyone collects slabs.
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• Options

<< <i>I'm trying to control my frustration at those who are holding MANY and sit there licking there chops. image

It's a great hobby, nonetheless. >>

I'm not holding mine..... Feel free to bid ;-]
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got my second order of 2 and....................................

received 2- 2008/2008image

Well I have 2 for my albums and the 2 that I got
    before have the 2007 reverse so I have a balanced set.image

Stefanie
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Raws seem to be drying up and outperforming the glut of ms69's. Leads one to believe many of the "hoards" have been disbursed. Some may be waiting yet, but there is always that percentage that will sell regardless of logic proportional to the smarter sellers... >>

I attribute this to the fact that many collectors prefer coins in OGP. Not everyone collects slabs. >>

For about the last year I have actually preferred putting all of my modern stuff in Albums and have been selling of the slabs. Slabs just take up too much space. If I ever do ASE's again I will collect raw and put them in a Dansco album.
  • Options
    I had 3 orders of 12 active...Cancelled one but the other two were "in stock and reserved" without the cancel box....I agree that these have probably dried up. I will report about my outstanding orders due to ship this week. My totals so far: 0/25, 0/12, 12/12, 5/5, in that order
  • Options
    stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭
    Well I decided to try one more time for these elusive things - I bought some MS70s awhile back and I did order a box of 99 about three weeks ago and got zero of the goodies. Then some people got a few more and I crumbled under the pressure of greed and order a whole bunch of smaller orders totalling about 200 coins. I now see that one of my shipments is due to arrive tomorrow morning (total coins in that shipment/lot will be 48. i will let keep everyone updated.

Jeff
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i agree about the raw vs 69

i was going to crack the one NGC69 i had but sold it.

a "cull" 08/07 W ASE.....lol but i know what you mean....2manycoins2fewfunds

it's either 70 or raw
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>it's either 70 or raw >>

Don't forget or discount the first strike labels.image
  • Options
    it's either 70 or raw

Thats very cool with me. I'll just hang on to my 69 First Strikes and Early Releases, and when all the raw and 70's have dried up...
  • Options
    2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i agree about the raw vs 69

i was going to crack the one NGC69 i had but sold it.

a "cull" 08/07 W ASE.....lol but i know what you mean....2manycoins2fewfunds

Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to choose; select; pick.
    2. to gather the choice things or parts from.
    3. to collect; gather; pluck.
    –noun
    4. act of culling.
    5. something culled, esp. something picked out and put aside as inferior.
  • Options

<< <i>I agree about the raw vs 69 >>

<< <i>i was going to crack the one NGC69 i had but sold it. >>

This is why the raw price should not exceed the MS69...anyone can convert a 69 back to being raw....and this is why the POP totals will never be correct because the same coin could be graded multiple times and included in the POP (I would add that the MS70 POP should be accurate unless someone is trying to upgrade a 70 as seen in a previous thread)
  • Options
    Very few will crack an Early Release 69 or a First Strike 69 to a raw.

You will never get that label back
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>

This is why the raw price should not exceed the MS69...anyone can convert a 69 back to being raw....and this is why the POP totals will never be correct because the same coin could be graded multiple times and included in the POP (I would add that the MS70 POP should be accurate unless someone is trying to upgrade a 70 as seen in a previous thread) >>

upgrade a 70 to what?..

two possibilities:

- he's an alchemist and trying to upgrade it to Gold or Platinum
    - he's illiterate and can't read the back of a PCGS submission form where it says you can't submit someone else's 70 as a cross-over and specify a minimum grade of 70..

okay three poissibilities:

- you were kidding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options

<< <i>it's either 70 or raw

Thats very cool with me. I'll just hang on to my 69 First Strikes and Early Releases, and when all the raw and 70's have dried up... >>

• Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    I have been watching Modern Coin Mart NGC's, they are up another 10 dollars today, Regular 69s are 259, plus shipping, Early Release 269. The 70s are at 499, and 539 before shipping.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options

<< <i>Very few will crack an Early Release 69 or a First Strike 69 to a raw.

You will never get that label back >>

there is little "label" premium on these in "69"

above post beat me to it....
  • Options
    I agree, most but not all 69 FS labels have very little premium. The FS premium comes in the 70 grade.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Has there been any PCGS non-First Strike ms70's on Ebay yet? I wonder the FS premium on these is.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options

<< <i>Has there been any PCGS non-First Strike ms70's on Ebay yet? I wonder the FS premium on these is. >>

I would say ~$750+ (or double the regular label price).

• Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797
    I just checked the pops across the street......looks like a total of 6,821 graded.

2008 W EAGLE S$1 REVERSE OF 2007 MS 554 252 302
    2008 W EAGLE REV OF 07 S$1 EARLY RELEASES MS 6267 1 3510 2756

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Has there been any PCGS non-First Strike ms70's on Ebay yet? I wonder the FS premium on these is. >>

I would say ~$750+ (or double the regular label price). >>

I guess that hasn't been tested yet. I looked at Ebay and did not see one PCGS ms70 non-FS sold yet. I was surprised to see that the PCGS 69 FS's have not held much of a premium over raw especially knowing how hard and expensive it is to get a PCGS holder like that.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I would say ~$750+ (or double the regular label price). >>

I guess that hasn't been tested yet. I looked at Ebay and did not see one PCGS ms70 non-FS sold yet. I was surprised to see that the PCGS 69 FS's have not held much of a premium over raw especially knowing how hard and expensive it is to get a PCGS holder like that. >>

Too early to establish. IMO, it depends on what the population reports look like in a couple weeks.

• Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    He was definitely kidding. He's referring to a recent thread about an inferior "MS70" coin being offered on ebay. The seller said "it has a great chance to upgrade!"

<< <i>

<< <i>

This is why the raw price should not exceed the MS69...anyone can convert a 69 back to being raw....and this is why the POP totals will never be correct because the same coin could be graded multiple times and included in the POP (I would add that the MS70 POP should be accurate unless someone is trying to upgrade a 70 as seen in a previous thread) >>

upgrade a 70 to what?..

two possibilities:

- he's an alchemist and trying to upgrade it to Gold or Platinum
    - he's illiterate and can't read the back of a PCGS submission form where it says you can't submit someone else's 70 as a cross-over and specify a minimum grade of 70..

okay three poissibilities:

- you were kidding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw >>

Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options

<< <i>I just checked the pops across the street......looks like a total of 6,821 graded.

2008 W EAGLE REV OF 07 S$1 EARLY RELEASES MS 6267 1 3510 2756 >>

68 69 70
    early release 2 10304 10143
    reverse/08 252 302
    early release reverse/08 1 3510 2756

hope this helps those who do not see things as well as others....without doing a photo bucket pr link to another page
    early release 68 (2) 69 (10304) 70 (10143)
    reverse non ER 69 (252) 70 (302)
    ER reverse 68 (1) 69 (3510) 70 (2756)

ALSO these TPG stats seem to suggest a high quality coin...meaning newer dies on this batch
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I just checked the pops across the street......looks like a total of 6,821 graded.

2008 W EAGLE REV OF 07 S$1 EARLY RELEASES MS 6267 1 3510 2756 >>

68 69 70
    early release 2 10304 10143
    reverse/08 252 302
    early release reverse/08 1 3510 2756

hope this helps those who do not see things as well as others....without doing a photo bucket pr link to another page
    early release 68 (2) 69 (10304) 70 (10143)
    reverse non ER 69 (252) 70 (302)
    ER reverse 68 (1) 69 (3510) 70 (2756)

ALSO these TPG stats seem to suggest a high quality coin...meaning newer dies on this batch >>

That's pretty low on the 70's, Early Release.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gainesville coins stopped selling the 08/07 coins! I wonder if they are out of stock or just repricing image
  • Options
    S*C*O*R*E Order placed 4/29, shipped 5/1, received 5/6 (2) 2008 reverse 2007. Finally! So I'm batting 2 for 55.
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

"Persistence and determination are omnipotent" Calvin Coolidge

Congrats..........image
  • Options
    eBay official time 14:58:33 PDT

live auctions/BIN's
    123 items found for: 2007 reverse 2008

completed auctions
    811 items found for: 2007 reverse 2008
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960

<< <i>S*C*O*R*E Order placed 4/29, shipped 5/1, received 5/6 (2) 2008 reverse 2007. Finally! So I'm batting 2 for 55. >>

Thanks for the hope. I placed an order 4/30 that says it shipped 5/5. Should have it tomorrow.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options

<< <i>S*C*O*R*E Order placed 4/29, shipped 5/1, received 5/6 (2) 2008 reverse 2007. Finally! So I'm batting 2 for 55. >>

my order place 04/30 was 0/5, at least i have some 08/08 nowimage
  • Options
    here are some interesting graphs from eBay's market research, these are WITHOUT PCGS and NGC coins. First two pics are average sold price for 2 week and 1 week history. Second two pics are average number of items sold for 2 week and 1 week period.

• Options

Congratulations! image

Looks like the mint is still shipping image
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666

congrats. i also placed an order for 12 on 4/29 and they are still "in process" with cancel box gone for days nowimage
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    here are the two week # of items sold figures for ALL coins

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeesewvu,

Nice work!

Seems like we are all getting very excited here...statistics, graphs, daily coin counts and ebay averages, high number of posts.

I can vouch for the $300 (sold) on 4-28.

Ren
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Got mine today... I ordered a whopping 4 coins!! And I'm batting .500!! Two for four, and I think I got pretty lucky.

Not sure about getting them graded. Frankly, I didn't buy 'em to sell 'em. but, "If I had A Million Dollars, ..." i might reconsider it...

Thanks to this thread, even as a novice "collector", I recognized this as an opportunity, and the long and short of it is that here I am today, gloating just a tiny bit, giddy with successfully having dipped my toes in the big boys pool!!

Well... now that THAT'S over with...

back to my little corner of the world...

Thanks, friends
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Ordered 2 more over the weekend.
    Pretty sure that they will be '08 Rev. but I needed a couple for my sets anyway.
    Then again it's like the lottery, or a box of charcolattts! image

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    Has anyone gotten one of these yet?

Completed BS&T Deals

halfnut X3, Dabigkahuna, Kaelasdad, LALASD4, harvey85422458,
    fivecents, Coll3ctor, cucamongacoin, Becoka
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone gotten one of these yet?

image >>

I have two of those coming from Modern Coin Mart. Paid $300 each. I thought they were cool and reasonably priced, especially with the recent upward surge.

-Paul
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Local B&M picked up another batch of 50 today, received three with the 07 reverse.

He wasn't happy. He wouldn't even take $200 each.

I don't blame him, prices seem to be rising, trying to sell at a peak.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    SaamSaam Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

Congratulations! image

You just gave me some hope that the 15 I ordered 04/29 will have some of the '07 reverse's! Hopefully they will be in soon!
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>Local B&M picked up another batch of 50 today, received three with the 07 reverse.

He wasn't happy. He wouldn't even take $200 each.

I don't blame him, prices seem to be rising, trying to sell at a peak. >>

i'm gonna laugh.. or cry.. or sit in stunned silence or something if these things end up being worth more than my PCGS PR69DCAM / PR70 10nd Anniversary Platinum pair.. which is definitely a possibility.. no one is buying that set from the Mint since they re-priced it at $2700.00.. good.. keep the Mintage down..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Will two more folks post something so I can post 1100??
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Children, please!
  • Options
    What?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file