Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>Don't need to make "another" thread about grading - but I was looking for 63F's and this one was there.

Does anyone truly believe this is a "no qualifier?"

I guess somewhere there is a very nice PSA 8 with an OC qualifier?

Confused
    mike >>

Dear Confused,

I just happened to see your question, went over to monitor my eBay watched items, and compared your Yaz to some of the PSA8s in Duncan's 1963F set for sale. It seems to be similiarly centered to some of these cards. Btw, there's another "thesieve" sighting in this auctiion! I wonder what his max bid is...

hh
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Knuckles: Sweet jersey!

Stone: According to my pixel counter that is a PSA 3.8. >>

Ya know...

Now I'm kind of confused - I just did a pixel count and it comes back 8/14 - was I being generous?
    That would put in better than 70/30 but not 60/40? But, the card looks like crap!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. On a side note I was pissed at UPS for leaving it in front of our door. We own an apartment 'condo' and even though it's nice and all it doesn't change the fact that it's just sitting in the hallway for anyone to take. A signature and picture ID was supposed to be required.. I'm glad it didn't walk away, my wife and I were out for quite awhile and it sat for 6 hours. I'm expecting more things from UPS including a valentine1 radar detector (i'm about due for doozie I think), anyway I hope they don't do the same with it and the other stuff..

Cincyfan:
    Thanks, finding wear on jersey's is pretty rare now in this 'new' NHL. Dionne is a great game worn to have I'm sure a lot of habs fans would love to have that one. Pretty cool that you became friends with him. I'm trying to weasel my way into getting to know players by offering to make websites for them.. I'm sure eventually one of them will bite and hopefully it will lead to more. image

Mike:
    I pre-ordered it through MeiGray. They're the industry leader and awesome people to deal with. They sell game worn jerseys from the majority of the NHL teams.. they also sell gamers from some MLB, NFL, NBA and other hockey league teams.
  • Options
    I agree on them Garret.

I'm gonna have to plead ignorance - was the jersey a common or star?

I know the stars can get pretty pricey from them.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Stoll at the moment is probably a semi-star.. when I pre-ordered it, the jersey cost me $500 but I could probably sell it for around $1,250 now. People saw how good Stoll was during the Oilers playoff run.. He has a great one-timer slapshot and busts his as5.. stars usualy go for around 2k - 3k. I believe he'll be a star within the next 2 to 3 years.
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    knuckles, are radar detectors legal in Alberta now? I remember we used to have to leave ours at home when we were crossing over the Rockies.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I know for sure that they have been since 1996 (first started driving), earlier than that.. I have no idea. I'm getting it today by the looks of the tracking. I can't wait, going to hardwire it into the car (I hate cords).
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

Yesterday's haul.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    I was expecting Matt to report a stolen mailbox todayimage I did manage to get my mail today because my wife and her are friends so she dropped it on the porch for me and in there was a 89 Fleer Griffey Glossy not bad I will scan it tomorrow its been a long day.

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    3 new additions to my ungraded Yankee collection....

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    This is what WE got in the mail today. Well, me and 35 of my closest friends, that is...

Most of you know what I'm talking about...

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is what WE got in the mail today. Well, me and 35 of my closest friends, that is...

Most of you know what I'm talking about...

image >>

I can't believe I missed out on this.image

• Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Here is a Mantle I submitted for autograph authentication. It came back encapsulated but no PSA/DNA cert number.
    I called Customer Service trying to explain the problem but the person on the phone didn't understand my complaint. Hopefully the email I sent will clear it up.

Its a great card....

• Options
    tkd

All I can say is - I LIKE IT!!!!

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>Here is a Mantle I submitted for autograph authentication. It came back encapsulated but no PSA/DNA cert number.
    I called Customer Service trying to explain the problem but the person on the phone didn't understand my complaint. Hopefully the email I sent will clear it up.

Its a great card....

image >>

Sweet image
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Can't beat the Mick!

Very nice.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Bri
    Those are GREAT cards! I havent touched the 53s yet. Im slowly but surely filling up the 56-69's with a few earlier ones when I find them at the right price. I can't wait to be working on those beauties!

TKD
    That Mick is awesome! You normally see that postcard autographed at the bottom, not in the middle. I like it!
    I just purchased a Yaz, Musial, and Snider auto'd Great Moments...will post the pics when I receive them.
  • Options

<< <i>

TKD
    That Mick is awesome! You normally see that postcard autographed at the bottom, not in the middle. I like it!
    I just purchased a Yaz, Musial, and Snider auto'd Great Moments...will post the pics when I receive them. >>

Thanks! I always like the Great Moment auto cards. I did notice the position of the Mantle sig. At first I didn't like it, now it is growing on me. Looking forward to seeing yours.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    OK. So I'm supposed to be watching my pennies now that I'm renovating the house, but I couldn't resist and picked up another one of these. There are four in the world so far. I have two and I know where the other two are.

I only thing I don't like about it is the graininess of the photo and the back is a bit OC (approx 70/30). It's definitely not quite as striking to look at than the other PSA 10 I have. Does anyone know what PSA's "real" policy is regarding the image quality of the photo? It seems to be all over the place. Also, I personally think the allowance for 75/25 OC on the back is a bit generous.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    FYI, here's the other one for comparison.

• Options
    I just received these for my 1976 Set and My 1976 Reds Team Set. The Bench is one of my favorite cards of any set.image
  • Options
    Seeing that lot of 10 80's boxes up there is getting me depressed. I'm so in next time!
  • Options

<< <i>I just received these for my 1976 Set and My 1976 Reds Team Set. The Bench is one of my favorite cards of any set.image >>

Wow! Great cards! I was 10 that year and I got the whole set as a birthday gift. Still have that set in pages and look through it.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I just received these for my 1976 Set and My 1976 Reds Team Set. The Bench is one of my favorite cards of any set.image >>

Wow! Great cards! I was 10 that year and I got the whole set as a birthday gift. Still have that set in pages and look through it. >>

Sweet Bench!! Agreed, that is one of my favorite cards from any set.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    nice reds cards....

joe morgan's cards are so underrated versus what he did in his career... man

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Those Bench and Morgan cards seem to have phenomenal color. Congrats!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭

$45 well spent I think. Checklist back. First one of these I've ever owned. Now if I could only find more at that price (or a Speaker)!!
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Very nice John. My first T3 is at PSA now. Will you be getting this slabbed?
  • Options
    Bri

Outstanding 53Ts! Great color and sharpness.

Cincy

I think ya picked up some really great 76Ts - the Bench is off the chart!

Brian

Congratulations on the Clemens - and knowing where all the 10s are? You CIA?

John

Congratulations on your first T3! The grade is easy since it has pin holes but the pic is nice and that's what counts for me. My first T3 was gonna be one of the showcases to my set - till it came back evid. of trimming! Planning on sending it in? They look good in holders - I have to say - the SGC holder isn't too shabby either.

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    image >>

WOO HOO! Can't wait to start a rippin'! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike
    I wouldn't mind having the card in a slab. But I think it's like $50 or something to slab a t3, correct? If so, I don't think I can. I have a hard time paying $50 to slab a card I paid $45 for.

If you feel like chatting about t3's, or bestowing your encyclopedia-like knowledge upon me, I'd be glad to chat..

aim- Yaorulez
    yahoo messenger- heapfan

JOhn
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

<< <i>Mike
    I wouldn't mind having the card in a slab. But I think it's like $50 or something to slab a t3, correct? If so, I don't think I can. I have a hard time paying $50 to slab a card I paid $45 for.

If you feel like chatting about t3's, or bestowing your encyclopedia-like knowledge upon me, I'd be glad to chat..

aim- Yaorulez
    yahoo messenger- heapfan

JOhn >>

John
    One of the guys who has spent some considerable time dedicated to the T3 set is Jay Wolt - aka - qualitycards - a small article is in the registry. He could talk for eons on the set - I run out of gas in a few short sentences.

But thanx for the vote of confidence.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I got my camera back today. Some as promised. HEre are a few of my 5's

-Ryan
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Those are gorgeous 5's!! I love the Waner!
  • Options

I really wanted this 1964 Bazooka 'sell' sheet from toppsvault - but not for 255$!

Anything with Mantle on it goes thru the roof!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I am proud, but I don't own a scanner
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    trying out my new scanner.....a few of my recent additions
    I am trying to figure out how to post pics and keep to required KB?????
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Two of my favorite recent purchases. The T206 I bought raw on Ebay and the E91 C I'm going to send for grading soon along with T205s and others.
  • Options
    Nice Phillippe, its great to buy a T206 raw that grades PSA 5. You must have gotten a bargain.

I actually have 2 Phillippe's, one with a Principe de Gales back (PSA 4) and on Tolstoi back (PSA 1). Part of my T206 back type set collection.
  • Options
    BigDaddy

Sweet card!

What kind of scanner did you buy?

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Two of my favorite recent purchases. The T206 I bought raw on Ebay and the E91 C I'm going to send for grading soon along with T205s and others. >>

Wow Mkg
    You got it raw and it came back a 5! That's incredible. Congratulations.

Good luck on the Phillipi

and thanx for sharing
    Are you doing the T206 set? I have to admire anyone attempting that set in any grade!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    thanks....got it for a steal on ebay.....I paid under $25.00 for both the 1955 Bowman GAI 8 Joe Perry and a 1955 Bowman PSA 7 Hugh Mcelhenny!

The scanner is a HP Scanjet 4370
  • Options

<< <i>thanks....got it for a steal on ebay.....I paid under $25.00 for both the 1955 Bowman GAI 8 Joe Perry and a 1955 Bowman PSA 7 Hugh Mcelhenny!

The scanner is a HP Scanjet 4370 >>

When you downloaded the program, did you wind up with an icon for scanning called HP Director and also one for HP Photo & Imaging?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Not sure.....I don't recall an option for director
  • Options

The spots on the cards are from the scanner...first lesson clean scanner glass before scanning!
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My recent $5 special submission just arrived in the mail. Here are a few highlights:

PS, not every card I submitted was graded a '10'. image
  • Options
    Those cards are off the hook. Great job
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure.....I don't recall an option for director >>

Let me ask this...

When you scan an item - when you are done - you "crop" the item right?

After you crop it - is there a big ACCEPT button?

If so, after you crop the card so you don't wind up with a big field - press the accept button.

After you press accept, doesn't a window pop up with the card in a "photo & imaging gallery?"

If so, just double left click on the photo you just scanned - on the top it should read "file - edit - view - image...

just click on the one that says VIEW and look at the PROPERTIES - this will give you the width and height of the current scan. If it's width is greater than 500, it will eat the screen - so you need to make it smaller.

So go to IMAGE - press and go to RESIZE - adjust the Width and press OK. I usually do this a few times - rechecking the properties till I get it where I want.

Then I press SAVE AS - name it and I'm almost done - notice also, there is a JPEG compression - if you keep this off of the highest setting, it will "compress" the file and make it smaller - so you can get it under the 50kb CU requirement.

Then when you go to photobucket and browse - you will find the item. If you don't use photobucket or geocities - then obviously you browse using the CU attachment.

I recommend signing up for a free account with photobucket or geocities e.g.

mike

edit: looks like you have this under control - but it was a good exercise in using my old HP?
    Nice scan!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, if you keep the size under 500 in width, it won't eat the screen and it's easier for people to view your card.
    Mike
  • Options
    Gem

Those cards are off the chart!

Congratulations!

Where did you get them?

There's nothing prettier than a 73T in 10! For me one of the tougher sets - all that ink and crap.

Thanx for sharing
    you have a great eye!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone
    thanks for the help...I signed up with photobucket.....was able to post more scans..just have to try your directions later.to control teh size......Ill get this down sooner or later!