Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Steve,

GREAT looking set that is. Congrats again on your completion image

I just got this one in the ol mailbox

image >>

I would congratulate you on that card, Dan, but I think '78's are worthless garbage-- and, in fact, I'm a little embarrassed by the fact that anyone who participates on these boards would stoop to collecting them.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Steve,

image >>

I would congratulate you on that card, Dan, but I think '78's are worthless garbage-- and, in fact, I'm a little embarrassed by the fact that anyone who participates on these boards would stoop to collecting them. >>

Boo
    What am I missing? Was that some "inside" irony I'm not privy to?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

I think that is in reference to my old sig line " Popular opinion suggests I collect worthless modern garbage" Boo asked me about that one day ...... whatever, all is good in 78 Topps land image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Steve,

image >>

I would congratulate you on that card, Dan, but I think '78's are worthless garbage-- and, in fact, I'm a little embarrassed by the fact that anyone who participates on these boards would stoop to collecting them. >>

Boo
    What am I missing? Was that some "inside" irony I'm not privy to?

mike >>

Dan is right, it's just a reference to his old sig line. He knows I'm kidding.
  • Options
    That's what I figured.

Usually people put in this thingy so others won't misinterpret - image

And yes, all is good 78 land!

mike
    Mike
  • Options

This is what I want for Christmas!

Mike
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>image

This is what I want for Christmas!

image >>

Well, okay then stone. I'll save this scan and email it to ya come 12/25/06. Hope you've forgotten about it by then! image

Mail call was nice to me today. I recently bought my first SGC-graded card -- for my Senators/Twins set of course. It's a 1950s Callahan of the greatest pitcher of all time, Walter Johnson:

• Options
    Thanx Mike!

Nice Johnson! Looks better than a 5.

thanx for sharing - are you doing that set?
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanx Mike!

Nice Johnson! Looks better than a 5.

thanx for sharing - are you doing that set?
    mike >>

I'm not sure I should be showing my Johnson in public like this (image), but it is quite gorgeous. The upper right corner is slightly touched, otherwise it's a treasure. I'm not doing the set, although I see the one registered set on SGCcard.com only has one card, too, so I could be in the hunt there!
  • Options
    sorry for all you gai haters, but had to post this recent purchase. have been searching for this guy for awhile. likely overpaid, but finally complete my hank aaron rookie trifecta!

• Options
    bennybravobennybravo Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the compliments on the '54 Bowmans. I'm accumulating PSA 6's-8's right now, hoping to put a decent set together over the long run.
    Nice Aaron! My 12 yr old got his first Aaron card in the mail yesterday. He's quite proud of it, and it's a REALLY nice 7. Well spent birthday cash. At least he's off of those Yugi-Oh cards.image

• Options
    Wow MD

Very nice card! That's a solid 6!

Congratulations on completing your RC group.

Benny

That's a solid 7! Great centering. Your son has a good eye.

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

hey, the mailman's been brutal lately.. sorry
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>sorry for all you gai haters, but had to post this recent purchase. have been searching for this guy for awhile. likely overpaid, but finally complete my hank aaron rookie trifecta!

image >>

Major,
    Very nice Aaron. Are you planning to crossover? That GAI holder doesn't do the card justice!

• Options

81T Bo Diaz - original pen and ink art from Toppsvault.

This was part of my Father's Day present from my wife - also got cologne because I'm old enought to smell bad, a new clock to go next to the bed because I'm always late and new pj bottoms because I'm fatter this year!

If anyone who has opened a boatload of 81T has a beat up Bo card - I would really like it - corners and stuff can be bad - it will be framed and mounted. From the red ink number on the piece, I would guess the care number is 362? Thanx.

It was a good day! image

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    tkd...will likely break it out. gai holders arent so bad...but when it comes to cards like these, they have no clue how ugly it is...
  • Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    just got this today.my first shot at a scan so forgive me if it is bad.
  • Options
    how do you get the photo on your reply?
  • Options
    dtsa's card:
  • Options
    thanks montana's fan! Do you have to have a host site to have the card/picture show up in the reply?
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    If anyone who has opened a boatload of 81T has a beat up Bo card - I would really like it - corners and stuff can be bad - it will be framed and mounted. From the red ink number on the piece, I would guess the care number is 362? Thanx.

mike >>

I have a few thousand of that crap. PM your address, and I'll get one on it's way -

jim

banged up enough?

imageimage
  • Options
    dtsa - you're welcome.. no, it's easy.. you just view the picture in the upload picture box, then right click over it and select properties, then cut and paste that url link into the message using the 4th little box over from the left, with the picture of a mountain in it.. easy
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Good lookin stuff everyone....I havnt posted anything in a couple of weeks, so here is the latest additions to my Yankee collection....

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Sweet looking '74 Munson!! (All nice looking stuff...I'm a Yankee fan image )

Gives me hope of finding an equally nice '74 Rose...without the diamond cut image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

mike >>

I have a few thousand of that crap. PM your address, and I'll get one on it's way -

jim

banged up enough?

imageimage >>

Thanx Jim!
    Much appreciated - PM sent.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my latest win, I am impatiently waiting for it to arrive!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    This rolled in a few days ago

• Options
    my favorite T3, upgraded to a 5...

And did they get you to trade,
    your heroes for ghosts?
  • Options
    Great looking cards everyone!
    I just got back my largest sub ever from PSA - 226 cards 1960s vintage bulk. Rec'd 22 9s, 165 8s, 38 7s, and 2 6s. Here are a few of the highlights:

Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    That's the nicest '68 Brock I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Sweet T3!

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Kurtman9,

Those are some sweet looking cards. The Brock is absolutely stunning, the Ted K looks perfect, and the Sparky aint too shabby either !
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Latest addition to the Mark Mulder Collection....

#/ed to 35. Not a fan of game used but eh, I bought it b/c my buddy saved me a ticket for the OAR/Dave Matthews Concert tommorow at Hershey Park!
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Nice Stuff guys.

I haven't posted in a while. Here is a book that came back from PSA/DNA last week. My dad bought it out of a box of books when we were at a card show about 25 years ago.

imageimage
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    My latest addition.
  • Options
    I just posted a whole bunch of comments and the thing crashed!

I'll have to get back later - WoW!!!!

Some great stuff guys!

Especially the Maris auto book and the T3 Speaker!!!

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Some new old stuff I got this month:

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

• Options
    Wow, I got in the Mulder #ed to 50 auto today and the package was literally handed to me from the carrier with half the top of the bubble mailer torn open(I didn't have to tear it any further to remove the card) but whatdoyaknow it was still in there!
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    seraph...nice t206's. are you trying to complete the "monster?"
  • Options

<< <i>seraph...nice t206's. are you trying to complete the "monster?" >>

Thanx.
    But I'm not trying to do anything. Just building T206 team sets as they come. image
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Wow...incredible posts from the last couple of days you guys!

I have received a lot of stuff recently so I'll post when I get to the scanner.

But buying will be slowing down tremendously as my peers voted to strike where I work. image

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    That T3 Speaker is sick.

And nice cards, Seraph. I haven't added too many T206's lately, but my first Carolina Brights card arrived today:

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Hi Steve

Interesting card - I like the brand back - now this guy looks more like my barber than a player!

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Got these 3 72's the other day. The Jurgensen is sharp as hell but and the Pastorini rc is centered great, but has a few flaws. I wish I could combine the attributes of both image Th Csonka IA was a great score IMO.

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Very nice cards Zef

Did you get them on the bay? Card shop? They headed to PSA?

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    RobBobGolfRobBobGolf Posts: 414 ✭✭✭

Who says you cant buy nice raw on E-Bay. These came along with some nice 9's. I bought a minty full set on EBAY and tried some cards. Will be sending in more by the end of the month.

RobBob
    Serving Ice-Custard-Happiness since 2006

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got this in the mail. I love the centering, NICE PSA 7 image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    SUPERB OUTSTANDING PSA 7 MATHEWS...THAT CARD IS PREMIUM WITH THAT KIND OF CENTERING..... WAY TO GO SOFTPARADE!!!!
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Im officially going for a 1976 reds team set in psa 8-9....LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY EXTRAS RAW OR GRADED image

Loth
  • Options
    Rob

Congratulations! That's always good to hear!

I'm looking forward to some more scans. Did ya get any stars in 9?

Dan

That is one of the finest 7s you can get - The Matthews is sweet - I would not be surprised if the ink kept it from an 8? BTW, that doesn't bother me - it's part of the card and the way they were made.

Ryan

Nice cards. Did you tell me you were doing the 76T set? You've got a lot going for a busy resident!!!!

Thanx for sharing guys
    mike
    Mike