Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    If anyone who has opened a boatload of 81T has a beat up Bo card - I would really like it - corners and stuff can be bad - it will be framed and mounted. From the red ink number on the piece, I would guess the care number is 362? Thanx.

mike >>

I have a few thousand of that crap. PM your address, and I'll get one on it's way -

jim

banged up enough?

imageimage >>

Thanx a lot Jim

Guys, I received this card already!

Is this a great place or what!

I'm off to the frame shop this afternoon!

Thanx again
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Dan

That is one of the finest 7s you can get - The Matthews is sweet - I would not be surprised if the ink kept it from an 8? BTW, that doesn't bother me - it's part of the card and the way they were made.

>>

Mike, the ink spots are IMO what kept the card from an 8. The corners and edges are definately 8 material. It really is a nice card. I am happy with it image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i> Dan

That is one of the finest 7s you can get - The Matthews is sweet - I would not be surprised if the ink kept it from an 8? BTW, that doesn't bother me - it's part of the card and the way they were made.

>>

Mike, the ink spots are IMO what kept the card from an 8. The corners and edges are definately 8 material. It really is a nice card. I am happy with it image >>

Ya know Dan

When I was a kid, I didn't notice the centering, tilt, register, snow, ink or anything.

Just the name and face - got excited and when I came out of the fog, I chewed the gum, swallowed it and that evening looked at the stats and stuff on the back.

To be a kid again!
    Mike
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Ryan

Nice cards. Did you tell me you were doing the 76T set? You've got a lot going for a busy resident!!!!

mike >>

Hey Mikey....JUST the REDS TEAM SET from 1976...about 32 cards i believe..already got the rose, morgan, bench, griffey and a few others....its the BIG RED MACHINE BABY... im also close to 50% on a 1954 set psa 4-7 mostly 5-6.....but im going to have to slow down on that one (already had the kaline, aaron, banks, both williams cards and mays so why not!!)

Loth

oh..a new one just arrived!! i dont care about a little oc left or right in these bad boys but just not slanted
  • Options
    a couple more T3's...

And did they get you to trade,
    your heroes for ghosts?
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Bicem, I check this thread everytime I see you're the last post because I know it will be a spectacular card. The T3's you've acquired are, IMO, the most incredible cards I've seen.

Great stuff, shawn
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    I just got this back from Knuckles. Another nice job creating artwork from an autographed sheet of the 1977 Expos including HOFers Carter and Perez and another player that should get more consideration Dawson.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    One of my recent upgrades for my Don Drysdale Basic set. image

....if anyone is interested, I will be listing my PSA 7 of the '63 Fleer Drysdale in my eBay store shortly. Free shipping if you are a CU board member!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Couple of tough cards for my '72 set! image

Nearly complete with that monster of a set!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and another player that should get more consideration Dawson. >>

Definitely. Plus, he has a smooth looking signature (as does Tony P.)

I also join the chorus of love for that nice '57 Ed Mathews.
  • Options
    By the way, I love the centering on the '57 Eddie Mathews too!

Great T3s as well!

So many great cards that are showcased on this thread! Gotta love 'em!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>Bicem, I check this thread everytime I see you're the last post because I know it will be a spectacular card. The T3's you've acquired are, IMO, the most incredible cards I've seen.

Great stuff, shawn >>

Thanks Shawn! I chose to collect the T3's because I like the difficulty and the artwork simply amazes me. More to come. image

Jeff

By the way, the '55 AA is definitely my favorite football set - that is the football set I would be working on too if the T3's weren't so damn expensive!
    And did they get you to trade,
    your heroes for ghosts?
  • Options
    Had to sell a nicer one, I'm glad to be able to pick this up for much cheaper, because of the MK qualifier (back stamp).

• Options
    OK Bicem

Just tremendous!! Off the chart...you will have the best set for sure!

mcholke

Very nice - again Knucks has come thru!!! Congratulations.

Haven't seen much of Garret or Matt aka Lawnman?

Anry

Very nice Drysdale - one of my favorite sets of course. And congrats on getting some "tuff" 72s.

I can always rely on you guys to give us some great stuff to view!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

• Options

<< <i>image

image >>

Very nice Ryan - very good centering!

Did you just get that?

If so, congrats on a nice pickup for the set!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Great centering on that Berra, brotha Lothar! image

I won these two cards that have pushed me over the top and into 16th place overall for the Koufax basic set!

imageimage

The rookie is very off-centered, but I love it anyways! I've always wanted Koufax's rookie card and now I've got it! Plus, that '64 is an upgrade to my 7. Anyone that wants the 7, I'm going to list it (and my 6 is for sale too) in my eBay store. $74.99 for the PSA 6 (great centering and 7 candidate!) or $99.99 for the PSA 7 (I've got two of them). FREE SHIPPING TO ANYONE ON THE BOARDS! image
    SportsCardMan eBay Store

imageimageimage
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Very nice Arny

I bought the Koufax in a 7OC - and I feel the same as you - I just wanted the card of one of the better pitchers of all time and couldn't afford a higher grade.

The new 64T is nicely centered and a great card - that year's design is a favorite with me due to the simple and clean design - some think the 64 and 66T design is boring - not me.

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Thanks Mike. Yeah, I was actually happy with the centering on my 6, but wanted better corners and color. So, I went for the 7....then, I wasn't happy with the centering of that one and I got another one. Sheesh....you can't be happy sometimes! Then, I found the 8 and I liked the overall look of the card, so I went for that one.

All in all, I'm a fan of Koufax and Drysdale, so I'm just trying to upgrade any cards that I can. Not sure that I'll be able to upgrade the rookie, but I never say never image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
  • Options

I just used the guy's eBay scan. I also got Troy's nice PSA7 Ron Yary rookie that he made available here, today.
  • Options
    Finally this one arrived in the mail. image

By the way, the PSA 7 of this card is available in my eBay store image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    First, an old item. I've been looking for an example of this Griffith Stadium postcard for a while. It is the only mass produced Griffith Park Stadium from the period. There are other RPPC of Griffith Stadium, but those were more botique issues. This completes my collection of at least one stadium postcard from the original 16 Major League teams. I usually find a linen or pre-linen postcard, but for Griffith Stadium, I had to make the exception.

Next, a couple of modern signed cards for my Yankees signed card collection. Two of my favorite Yankees. Got to love Oscar's hair. Always surprised to get a PSA 9 on an autograph card.

imageimage
  • Options
    tkd

Very nice!

I like the Oscar also - but why did you have them graded - based on the year - everyone knows the autos are good?

Match the rest of your collection? Just curious.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Had 'em graded to fill out a 25 card submission, plus now I can scan them into my collector's showcase and see 'em on the net at work.

Easy way take a break at work, looking at your own collection.
  • Options
    Love that little detour in center around the houses and the tree.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Pretty psyched about doubling the size of my Hindu collection today:

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

dude thats a great card!.. i want one..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>Pretty psyched about doubling the size of my Hindu collection today:
    >>

Wow! That would get me psyched, too! I only got one Hindu. Let's see the other three you got.
  • Options
    Arny

Very nice 61T Drysdale - I don't have the card - have the Koufax tho.

Steve

All I can say is wow! In 1992 I went to the National in Atlanta - it was right after a major find of T206s and a guy had an entire line with all kinds of backs - he was from Pa I believe and he told me someone found a boatload of the cards in a barn.

Did you read the series of articles on the set in SCD? It was very comprehensive from my POV since I knew very little!

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Thanks! My others are Southern Leaguers: Greminger, Perdue and S. Smith. I'll just give you a link to my T206 page. I guess I've always been conscious of back types, but lately I've been a little more willing to go out of my way for less common backs.

Stone, I didn't see the SCD article, but I thought I read that they were just excerpting Scot Reader's PDF book on the set. I downloaded a copy of it - very informative and quite helpful for T206 geeks like myself.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Yawie99:
    NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Yawie ! That is one awesome T206 collection, There were some backs in there I have never seen before, Thanks for letting us look.

• Options
    Finally had my PSA 8 '67 Drysdale arrive! One of my favorite of the Drysdale cards!

Also, I'm placing the PSA 7 in my eBay store this evening! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Arny

Great Drysdale - I don't have anything that nice but my favorite is from my 63F set I'm working on:

It's a bit OC T/B but I got it for 102.50 - SMR 175 - so I have nothing to complain about.

My favorite stuff is from Brooklyn and old Yanks.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Nice one Stone!

I actually got this one in the mail today too....

...had to have it since both Koufax & Drysdale are on it image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Very nice Arny.

You're on a rip right now! Would you consider an adoption!

Mike
  • Options
    LOL....I've actually had some decent look in pulling some nice cards for good prices. All about patience! image

I still need a '62 or '65 Drysdale in PSA 8 if anyone has one or knows of one that exists for a decent price.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>All I can say is wow! In 1992 I went to the National in Atlanta - it was right after a major find of T206s and a guy had an entire line with all kinds of backs - he was from Pa I believe and he told me someone found a boatload of the cards in a barn. >>

Mike,

I was there also in 1992 since I live near Atlanta. If only I knew then what I know now (as if I had a wad of cash back then - Ha!).
    Remember the guy with the complete wax box of 1952 Topps baseball? I was drooling!

Kurt
    Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>All I can say is wow! In 1992 I went to the National in Atlanta - it was right after a major find of T206s and a guy had an entire line with all kinds of backs - he was from Pa I believe and he told me someone found a boatload of the cards in a barn. >>

Mike,

I was there also in 1992 since I live near Atlanta. If only I knew then what I know now (as if I had a wad of cash back then - Ha!).
    Remember the guy with the complete wax box of 1952 Topps baseball? I was drooling!

Kurt >>

Kurt

Sure! It was my first National and I walked the floor for 2 straight days! By 1992, I was moving from a "local boy" hobby/collector to buying thru SCD and getting involved in "phone in" auctions.

I saw stuff at the National that really opened my eyes! People today who have ebay/internet/CU chats rooms e.g - wouldn't believe how different things were for the little guy back in 1989.

Anyway, it was an eye opener.

If anyone here has never been to a National, I highly recommend once in their hobby life - sure stuff is expensive compared to ebay in some instances - but ya gotta have the experience IMO.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    This just arrived today:

It's beat to all hell, and is trimmed either at the top or bottom, but since there was only a year between the time the card was produced and his passing, as well as there not being a whole lot of options when it comes to signed cards of his, I had to jump on it.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a terrific signed card!
  • Options
    Here's a recent purchase I'm pleased with:

T205 Speaker
  • Options
    schr1st,
    that's a great pickup!
  • Options

Origin

Superb example of the "Speaker" - wish I had one.

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    schr1st

Congratulations - he's on my unofficial "wantlist" - I would really like to have it on a ball tho.

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Thanks for helping me out with the scan Mike. About time I contributed to this thoroughly enjoyable thread!

I used to have a T206 Speaker that was trimmed (unbeknownst to me when I bought it.) Fortunately I was able to get my money back, and now, finally have a Speaker again! image
  • Options
    Thanks for the congrats guys. I've been trying to work my way through some of the what I would consider to be "5-7 weighted (if they were to weight the autographs)"autographed cards in the registry (Guys that died in in the 50's, 60's, and 70's). PSA really needs to come up with a weighting system for the autographs, since it's not exactly fair that someone with a Harmon Killebrew autographed card gets the same weight rank as someone with a Babe Ruth autographed card.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Great Speaker as well!

<< <i>image

Origin

Superb example of the "Speaker" - wish I had one.

thanx for sharing
    mike >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Thanks schr1st. I can only imagine the challenge in finding sigs of past greats on a particular item, or type of item - you don't have too much of an option to be too choosy if it's really a tough one to find.

There's a signed Mel Ott '33 Goudey on eBay currently that brings this to mind - real nice signed card.