Home Sports Talk
Options

The Kansas City Chiefs are setting themselves up for a major collapse this upcoming season.

stevekstevek Posts: 28,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/travis-kelce-joins-cast-of-ryan-murphys-fx-horror-series-grotesquerie-164730299.html

Travis Kelce joins cast of Ryan Murphy's FX horror series 'Grotesquerie'

Are you kidding me? Isn't this something that players normally do after their playing career is over?

Kelce just signed a fat two year deal to play football, and now he's basically told the Chiefs that football is no longer his main professional priority.

Comments

• Options

I've never seen a professional sports team so arrogant and conceited as the Chiefs in my entire life.

Perhaps they think this type of behavior will motivate them? But I doubt if winning football games will be the result.

• Options

Patrick Mahomes with his pompous predictions, Rashee Rice with his criminal antics, Travis Kelce with his public attention bore named Taylor Swift, and now this.

What's next? The list goes on and on.

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Is this a new American horror story series? A few of the early seasons were good but then it got…. Well. It got not as good.

I’m going to have to watch if Kelce is in. I can only see his acting being excellently horrible. Time to renew my popcorn subscription.

• Options

@bgr said:
    Is this a new American horror story series? A few of the early seasons were good but then it got…. Well. It got not as good.

I’m going to have to watch if Kelce is in. I can only see his acting being excellently horrible. Time to renew my popcorn subscription.

In this day and age with the instant multi-millionaire money for the players, salary caps, etc, all dynasties are destined to collapse. It's inevitable, just a question of when.

In my opinion, "when" will be this upcoming season for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Another reason is Andy Reid. Yes, he's only 66 years old. But considering that he's been quite overweight for a long time, his body is a very worn 66 years old.

Reid was successful before with the Eagles for a number of years, and then the success collapsed. I think history will repeat itself. Lots of signs pointing to that.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭

Active players appear in TV shows, Commercials, and movies all the time. Its not like hes doing a lead role. Theres plenty of time to film a part in the off season.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

If this is an offshoot of AHS I will tune in!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

He should just join AHS, I get tired of them recycling the same characters lol

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

Don’t know what that is

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

We’ve said this for 3 years. I’ll believe when I see it

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@2dueces said:

Hey, I'll admit, I got it wrong about Brady and the Patriots over the years, at least a few times, particular when Tom was older. In my opinion it was reasonable to presume that he would decline at his advanced age for a football player. Yet he kept on winning, which was remarkable.

i even finally acquiesced and named him my GOAT QB over Joe Montana. Whatever intellect i have, forced me to do it. LOL

We shall see how the Chiefs react to this adversity.

• Options

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

Don’t know what that is

A show called "American Horror Story"

• Options

If the Chiefs go 0-17 this upcoming season, there may be an AHS episode about that. 😆

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bgr said:
    Is this a new American horror story series?

No it’s just our friendly neighborhood Stevie going on an anti Chiefs rant again.
    So on second thought yes he does seem to be making it into a series. Can’t wait for a new episode next week. 🍺

• Options

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/previously-unreported-smu-incident-could-impact-nfl-discipline-of-rashee-rice

Previously unreported SMU incident could impact NFL discipline of Rashee Rice

Per multiple sources, multiple teams learned during the pre-draft process about an alleged incident involving Rice while he was at SMU. Rice believed former SMU basketball player Kendric Davis was seeing Rice’s girlfriend. Rice and some of his friends, per the specific information gathered by at least one team, went to an SMU basketball game. Rice (or someone with him), per the specific information gathered by at least one team, fired multiple bullets into the empty car belonging to Kendric Davis.

Multiple sources expressed a belief that every team was aware of the incident before the draft, including the Chiefs. Kansas City drafted Rice in round two. He was the fifty-fifth overall selection.

• Options

Andy Reid was asked about the Rice incident and replied, "I don't care if Rashee kills innocent dogs, uses illegal drugs, or fires bullets anywhere he wishes, just as long as he helps us win Super Bowls."

• Options

Am I the only one who wants to know if he's still with that girlfriend?

• Options

@bgr said:
    Am I the only one who wants to know if he's still with that girlfriend?

I saw Christopher do that to Tony's car on the Sopranos for the exact same reason. LOL

• Options

• Options

i dont know that the Chiefs are going off a cliff next season, but I do think Rice needs to be released.

• Options
    ElMagoStrikeZoneElMagoStrikeZone Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

Oh goody, now their kicker Mr. Butker has gone ranting about Pride Month and how women belong in the kitchen. :|

Come on people now. Smile on your brothers.

• Options

@ElMagoStrikeZone said:
    Oh goody, now their kicker Mr. Butker has gone ranting about Pride Month and how women belong in the kitchen. :|

Wow - I may have underestimated the depth of the Chiefs collapse.

They might not even win any pre-season games. 😆

• Options

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/05/kansas-city-under-investigation-alleged-human-rights-violations/

Kansas City Under Investigation for Alleged Human Rights Violations After Doxxing Chiefs’ Kicker Harrison Butker

Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey has taken a strong stance, announcing an investigation under the Missouri Human Rights Act to uphold the freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution.

• Options

Chiefs going from bad to worse.

• Options

@ElMagoStrikeZone said:

I really don’t know what’s sadder……
    his speech or any college on earth thinking a field goal kicker would be a good graduation speaker.
    Okay so your first choice Morgan Freeman didn’t work out, so you immediately give Butker a call? You can’t tell me Richard Simmons or Gary Busey or the guy who played Steve Urkel were all booked for that evening. I can understand Stormy Daniels’ not being available with everything that’s going on in her life and Danny Bonaduce is probably busy filming “drunk partiers fighting # 37 “.
    So worst circumstance, you’re down to a field goal kicker. Can’t you ask the guy if his mom can give a speech? She’s accomplished way more than he has.

• Options

Three-peat? LOL

Chiefs better worry about even making the playoffs..

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Is that OJ's Bronco?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

I still think they will be a top tier team this season, but there sure do seem to be a lot of distractions so far this off season...

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I still think they will be a top tier team this season, but there sure do seem to be a lot of distractions so far this off season...

Yes but it’s funny reading Steve’s posts about how these distractions will translate to losses on the field.
    After he was wrong about Swift distracting them from a Super Bowl win you would think he would just give up.
    I guess the eagles are such a disappointment that he takes it out on the Chiefs.

• Options
    ElMagoStrikeZoneElMagoStrikeZone Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@ElMagoStrikeZone said:

I really don’t know what’s sadder……
    his speech or any college on earth thinking a field goal kicker would be a good graduation speaker.
    Okay so your first choice Morgan Freeman didn’t work out, so you immediately give Butker a call? You can’t tell me Richard Simmons or Gary Busey or the guy who played Steve Urkel were all booked for that evening. I can understand Stormy Daniels’ not being available with everything that’s going on in her life and Danny Bonaduce is probably busy filming “drunk partiers fighting # 37 “.
    So worst circumstance, you’re down to a field goal kicker. Can’t you ask the guy if his mom can give a speech? She’s accomplished way more than he has.

So it turned into a major story, good enough to hit World News Tonight, and a statement at its conclusion about Butker receiving a "thunderous" ovation. Keep in mind his personal background and the conservatism of the college where he spoke. They will consider this a plus, and many of the families who enrolled their children there will praise him.

Come on people now. Smile on your brothers.

• Options

I always look to athletes to help me form my world view. Well. Athletes and movie stars. And politicians. You know. The idiots. I listen to them.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

i'll tell you what's absolutely not a distraction

stevek sticking darin with a hot poker every few days

• Options
    edited May 17, 2024 8:10AM

These "distractions" couldn't have come at a better time for the Chiefs.

In May?

Nobody gives a 💩

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i'll tell you what's absolutely not a distraction

stevek sticking darin with a hot poker every few days

Nothing personal, it's just business. 🤣

• Options

@Darin said:

@craig44 said:

Yes but it’s funny reading Steve’s posts about how these distractions will translate to losses on the field.
    After he was wrong about Swift distracting them from a Super Bowl win you would think he would just give up.
    I guess the eagles are such a disappointment that he takes it out on the Chiefs.

You may be right.

We shall see what happens in the upcoming season. 😉

• Options

I like sticking it to pompous teams when they become too successful. I did the same with the Cowboys, and still do because of Jerry Jones. I did it to the Patriots to some degree in their heyday.

Remember how hated the perennially winning New York Yankees were back in the day. They even made a hit movie about it called "Damn Yankees".

Frankly if any Chiefs fan can't take some good natured ribbing when their team has won 3 out of the past 5 Super Bowls, then maybe they should instead take up bird watching for a less stressful activity. 🐦

• Options

@2dueces said:
    I thought Butker’s speech was inspirational. He spoke of family values. It’s sad that half the country thinks god and family are not only not important but offensive. Anything that detracts from depending entirely on the government is a threat to some. Too bad.

C’mon deuces family values is not what was offensive to the women. It was his suggestion that getting married and having kid’s should be the most important thing in a woman’s life. Nothing wrong with a woman being career driven or not even wanting to get married or have children. It’s all about choices, women should strive to be whatever they want to be and do what they want with their life without being subjected to an Archie Bunker type rant which is about what butkers speech amounted to.

• Options
    edited May 17, 2024 2:19PM

Not that it’s important to the discussion but I’m catholic myself and I got a kick out of the nuns of Benedictine college denouncing butkers speech. 👍

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently Chiefs 1st round pick WR Xavier Worthy had his car stolen on this past Monday, supposedly Worthy & Travis Kelce were planning on going to a Taylor Swift concert later that night.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40158338/chiefs-receiver-xavier-worthy-car-stolen-source-says

Does Stevek have an alibi for his whereabouts that day? 😎

• Options

@Darin said:

@2dueces said:
    I thought Butker’s speech was inspirational. He spoke of family values. It’s sad that half the country thinks god and family are not only not important but offensive. Anything that detracts from depending entirely on the government is a threat to some. Too bad.

C’mon deuces family values is not what was offensive to the women. It was his suggestion that getting married and having kid’s should be the most important thing in a woman’s life. Nothing wrong with a woman being career driven or not even wanting to get married or have children. It’s all about choices, women should strive to be whatever they want to be and do what they want with their life without being subjected to an Archie Bunker type rant which is about what butkers speech amounted to.

I didn’t listen to the speech and got my news from here and news articles so there’s a layer of ignorance with respect to the full content and context. That being said, I don’t share his views but I think it’s fine to have those views and to share those views.

If he was saying it after every game in a press conference I might think “time and place bud”. Schools are responsible for who they choose for commencements and providing guard rails if they want for content.

Again. I don’t agree with the themes and some of the quotes I’ve seen are out of touch in my mind. I hope people are not actually offended and can partition this properly.

• Options

@perkdog said:

In May?

Nobody gives a 💩

Other than investigations into officials that may have doxed him online the punter thing is a nothing story other than to the media. If anything its actually a positive for the team since his Jersey is now one of the best selling and even sold out in womens sizes at one point when usually the only people wearing punter jerseys are family and friends.

Even if Rice gets banned (unlikely) they drafted Worthy and would just be in the exact same spot as last year except now with a WR that is arguably the fastest guy in the league. Aside from a lot of injuries would be shocking for them to miss the playoffs. Even not winning the division would be surprising.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Apparently Chiefs 1st round pick WR Xavier Worthy had his car stolen on this past Monday, supposedly Worthy & Travis Kelce were planning on going to a Taylor Swift concert later that night.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40158338/chiefs-receiver-xavier-worthy-car-stolen-source-says

What gave myself away was I asked them & Taylor to autograph the car for me. I figured some Swifty fan whale would pay a fortune for it. 😂

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

What gave myself away was I asked them & Taylor to autograph the car for me. I figured some Swifty fan whale would pay a fortune for it. 😂

That maybe tough when all of her fans are 14yrs old.

Poor Travis will never make it to that concert in Toronto now. 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Not that it’s important to the discussion but I’m catholic myself and I got a kick out of the nuns of Benedictine college denouncing butkers speech. 👍

I am also Catholic, and I find very little of what Butker said to be "Christlike". He needed to realize where he was...a college graduation. Half of his audience just worked their asses of to get their degree, and instead of celebrating that, he insulted them, told them they've been lied to, that their degree, their education, means nothing. They will only find happiness in the servitude of their spouse. Never mind the rest of the bile that he spewed. Just focus on that part.

I would be pissed that Butker became the focus of my graduation.

My brother ran into something similar at his wedding. The person performing the ceremony was a relative of the non-Catholic bride. Instead of just focusing on the vows and getting to the "I do's", the pastor interjected a whole bunch of personal views about the president at the time and some of the things going on in the news in the middle of the wedding. So of course, instead of having a nice pleasant reception celebrating the joining of 2 families, the entire evening was spent discussing where everyone fell on what the pastor had said.

It was completely unnecessary and unprofessional of the pastor to do that, and I feel the same way about Butker at this graduation. I'm sure any after parties with friends and families were consumed with rehashing and dissecting Butker's speech instead of friends and family celebrating the possibilities of what's next for these new graduates, especially the women.

And yes, I saw where the nuns that founded the school came out against the speech.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

They should replay Butker's speech on a loop for all of the incoming freshman women, so at least they know up front that they're wasting their money at that college on a degree. I mean, now that the diabolical lies have been exposed by the Chiefs kicker, the least the Catholic college can do is ask for forgiveness and announce they're never charging another woman to attend their school from this day forward.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

That maybe tough when all of her fans are 14yrs old.

Poor Travis will never make it to that concert in Toronto now. 🤷‍♂️

You're right about her fans. But the rich daddies of those kids could buy them anything they want. Buying an expensive collectible car to them, is like us buying a Topps common.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

In May?

Nobody gives a 💩

Other than investigations into officials that may have doxed him online the punter thing is a nothing story other than to the media. If anything its actually a positive for the team since his Jersey is now one of the best selling and even sold out in womens sizes at one point when usually the only people wearing punter jerseys are family and friends.

Even if Rice gets banned (unlikely) they drafted Worthy and would just be in the exact same spot as last year except now with a WR that is arguably the fastest guy in the league. Aside from a lot of injuries would be shocking for them to miss the playoffs. Even not winning the division would be surprising.

They are lucky to be able to start getting all this noise settled now before training camp

Chiefs will be fine

• Options

2 Chiefs players arrested for drug possession. Quite the off season

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Was just possession of weed which isnt even illegal in the NFL. As long as they werent trafficking to sell theyll pay a fine and thatll be the end of that

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Must have been something else. Police don't usually go after that. Probably charged with the lesser offence.