Home Precious Metals
Options

COSTCO

Comments

• Options
    pmbugpmbug Posts: 76 ✭✭

That Kitco article claims Costco is selling the silver tubes in their brick and mortar stores. I haven't seen them in my local store (yet?).

Yelling at clouds on pmbug.com

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pmbug said:
    That Kitco article claims Costco is selling the silver tubes in their brick and mortar stores. I haven't seen them in my local store (yet?).

Not saying it didn't happen but I would hardly consider Kitco a reliable news source. That outfit is twisted beyond twisted. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@pmbug said:

Not saying it didn't happen but I would hardly consider Kitco a reliable news source. That outfit is twisted beyond twisted. RGDS!

HOGWASH. "world’s leading source of precious metals market information, news, and reporting."

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Select stores...not all

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

• Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 836 ✭✭✭
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

I started using Costco for my mushroom grow supplies and have saved a ton of money that I can now spend on their gold and silver. Man, what an awesome store.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

Limit of 2 Transaction Per Membership, with a Maximum of 5 Units

restrictions becoming less tight!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

I bought 3 tubes of Maples. Luck for me they arrived intact, but the tubes were just rolling around in the box and not secure at all. I can see how they could easily open during transit. They also shipped out of NYC so in my case the route was short and they only had a couple hundred miles to travel. RGDS!

This is all the more reason I would think serious precious metal buyers would get these at a REAL precious metals dealer who actually knows gold/silver/other well and knows what they're doing!

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭

To those who purchased PM has Costco not charged sales tax if you meet your states requirement for minimum purchase.

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody found what location or region the y sell at store?

Does the page constantly update what the selling price is since gold fluctuates often day?

• Options

@giantsfan20 said:
    To those who purchased PM has Costco not charged sales tax if you meet your states requirement for minimum purchase.

I live FL, no tax was due and COSTCO did not charge me state sales tax

• Options

@giantsfan20 said:
    Has anybody found what location or region the y sell at store?

Does the page constantly update what the selling price is since gold fluctuates often day?

No.
    No. I have seen the same price until, what I believe, they sell out of that batch even with gold fluctuating during the day

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

AGE's are currently selling for $2299.99. I was at Costco about an hour ago and they still have the Pamps
    for $2229.99 ($2140.79 with 4% cash back). Those Pamps are looking more attractive at $93 under spot.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

I've accumulated a nice little stack of Costco's gold and silver coins, all at below spot after the 4% Costco/Citi card rebate. I'm now focusing on the Ethereum climb. Possibility of much quicker and larger profits over the bullion. Of course, cryptos go both ways.

• Options

No tax charged in The Commonwealth by Costco or any other outfit for that matter. God Bless the Commonwealth. RGDS!

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2024 5:08PM

.The Commonwealth should consider monetizing gold & silver as legal tender and a bullion depository. Like Texas is doing, and a few other states.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2024 7:37PM

• Options

Crazy it's letting me add a quantity of 5 to the cart now....even letting me add 5 AGE's too. Don't think I am going to pull the trigger though, hard to stomach $2300 Au although I do believe the Metal of Kings is ultimately headed much, much higher. Decisions, decisions. Hashtag #RealLifeProblems. LULZ!

• Options

1 transaction per member, 5 coins per transaction

anyone re-selling these?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    1 transaction per member, 5 coins per transaction

appears COSTCO is not keeping track of number of transactions.

• Options
    edited March 29, 2024 5:47PM

They dropped the price on the AGE, AGB, GML to $2269.99 from the $2299.99 last night. Buffs are gone now, the other 2 still available. RGDS!

Edit AGEs gone. GML Remain. PHY!

• Options

1 oz Gold Bar PAMP Suisse Lady Fortuna Veriscan (New In Assay)
    Item 1748080
    4.8 out of 5 stars, average rating value. Read 2047 Reviews. Same page link.

(2047)
    Write a review
    Member Only Item

Your Price2,269.99$
    Shipping & Handling Included
    Features:
    24kt Gold
    Item is Non-Refundable
    Limit of 1 Transaction Per Membership, with a Maximum of 5 Units
    Item is Not Eligible for Price Adjustments

BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2024 9:25AM

Buffs and Eagles back in stock. $54 under spot with 4% rebates. RGDS!

• Options
    edited April 6, 2024 11:43AM

• Options

before you buy a bar, I'd wait for the coins to reappear.

• Options
    edited April 8, 2024 3:43PM

Costco gutter in stock. Seems like I was just buying these for $519.99 not too long ago. RGDS!

AGE and GML were up too but gone fairly quick. THKS!

• Options

canada gold and silver links working. lady fortuna working

• Options
    edited April 9, 2024 11:24AM

Emphasis is mine:

Gold has turned into money for Costco, where yellow metal sales begun last year have turned into a cash cow for the big-box retailer.

In fact, sales are so brisk that analysts at Wells Fargo expect revenue "may now be running at" $100 million to $200 million a month, a rapid acceleration since bullion hit the warehouse club late in the summer of 2023.

More:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/09/costco-selling-up-to-200-million-in-gold-bars-a-month-wells-fargo-estimates.html

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

sure would like to see those $680 silver maple tubes re-appear.

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apologies for the duplicate thread...

With Costco selling at those levels and the Chinese government buying gold, it doesn't look as though demand is going away any time soon. Yet, a lot of folks are saying with gold going up so rapidly, we're bound to have some sort of correction... I'm at a loss for where else corporations are going to park their money in the near term...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does Costco sell gold in their stores or is it strictly internet sales to Costco members? If so, is it being sold in the jewelry department where they have a large safe?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:
    Apologies for the duplicate thread...

With Costco selling at those levels and the Chinese government buying gold, it doesn't look as though demand is going away any time soon. Yet, a lot of folks are saying with gold going up so rapidly, we're bound to have some sort of correction... I'm at a loss for where else corporations are going to park their money in the near term...

Corporations buy US Treasuries.

Re: gold price......strength begets strength.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

@PerryHall said:
    Does Costco sell gold in their stores or is it strictly internet sales to Costco members? If so, is it being sold in the jewelry department where they have a large safe?

AFAIK - sales are done mostly via their website. Supposedly they do sell some bullion in select warehouse locations, but I have not seen it in any of the Costco locations near me.

• Options
    edited April 17, 2024 5:15PM

YIKES! and Double YIKES! RGDS!!

Edit: Can I cancel the executive membership and get me Au star back? And PLS refund the difference? THKS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

YIKES! and Double YIKES! RGDS!!

Edit: Can I cancel the executive membership and get me Au star back? And PLS refund the difference? THKS!

Looks like they finally looked at spot price.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTcu7MCtuTs

Just a song to those who didn't stack their fill yet. Just sayn.

• Options

Every time I check they're sold out

BST references:
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2024 1:30PM

gold eagles are up

$6 below spot if you get the Costco 4% rebate

• Options

Gold eagles still available

Gold buffalos also now available.

• Options
    edited April 18, 2024 5:45PM

EDIT: I'm done buying at these prices. Sad fact: I will be buying at higher prices down the road. RGDS!

• Options
    edited April 18, 2024 5:53PM

!

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Interesting Costco feature. Once I order, they send it to our local store for pick-up. They send an email once it's received (3-4 days) and I have 7-10 days to pick it up... after that they cancel the order and issue a refund.

• Options

.> @meluaufeet said:

Interesting Costco feature. Once I order, they send it to our local store for pick-up. They send an email once it's received (3-4 days) and I have 7-10 days to pick it up... after that they cancel the order and issue a refund.

why not just have it delivered to your door?

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2024 8:14AM

@derryb
    You probably have to sign for it which may be difficult for some.

LCoopie = Les
  • Options

@derryb said:
    .> @meluaufeet said:

why not just have it delivered to your door?

Some people don't want anything coin/PM related coming to their house.
    When I have played "part-time dealer" the last year and a half, I have 1 guy that has bought gold from me, and chatted with him quite a bit, tell me that he doesn't want anything coming to his house that he doesn't bring in himself. He wants to keep the lowest profile he can.