Home Precious Metals
Options

COSTCO

Comments

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

I am an investor in the metal of kings aka The Au. Every great once in a while just like your typical crackhead, I find myself stuck in the gutter. RGDS!

You know what crack does to ya?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ1hKtYOx_c

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

@derryb said:

@Estil said:
    Why would Costco of all places be selling silver and gold? Isn't this the sort of thing you should get at a REAL gold/silver dealer who actually knows the product and knows what they're doing?

You could always buy your gold at an airport vending machine.

I thought that was only Kuwait or Saudi Arabia that had that...are there silver vending machines too?

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

@blitzdude said:

I am an investor in the metal of kings aka The Au. Every great once in a while just like your typical crackhead, I find myself stuck in the gutter. RGDS!

If that's true, I hope you managed to get your Au back when it <$300/oz...or at least <$1000/oz! I can't imagine gold has much more room to grow in value and if anything I'd think it'd be far more likely to have a bubble burst. I know you think silver is a joke but that's all I can afford to collect...I mean the cheapest way to collect gold that I know of (the kind where you can collect a yearly sequence) is the 1/10 oz gold eagles (dime sized)? and those are what, $250-$300 each or so? For that much I'd rather fill in silver dime/quarter/half holes in my albums or check off silver eagles or maples from my list or maybe even get what, 3-4 of those proof eagles in the fancy packaging?

WISHLIST
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maples live again $2069.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobM said:
    Putting Costco's gold sales into perspective, their profit margin on those sales is less than 2%. Meanwhile, their TTM PE ratio is 60 and forward PE is over 40.

Always has been an expensive stock

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

ASEs are back in stock

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 403 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    ASEs are back in stock

They also raised the maximum purchase to 5 rolls per transaction from 2 rolls.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:

@derryb said:
    ASEs are back in stock

and slapped a 1 transaction per member rule on it

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@derryb said:
    ASEs are back in stock

and slapped a 1 transaction per member rule on it

I don't believe it's being enforced like the way it sounds. One can have additional transactions at a different time.
    I've never had a problem buying over the limit in-store doing 2 separate transactions on the same account.

I think @derryb can confirm this based on a prior post of his, assuming he used the same membership account.

• Options

I think someone might be getting in trouble if these go live with that price.
    $499.99 minus 4% would be $19.20 each.

• Options

Live $610 for a roll of 25. $23.42 each after 4% rebates. RGDS!

• Options
    edited February 16, 2024 4:21PM

Stuff currently live, 2024 gutter eagles (price raised to $549), 100G Rand Gold bars $6599 etc.. RGDS!

• Options
    edited February 17, 2024 7:16PM

The Au is currently $2013. Costco went live with Maples again at $2069. With max 4% rebates (-82.79) net price $1987. Under spot for a govt issued ozt of the Au. RGDS!

P.S. Oh shitteee its the '24 charles version. New item was wondering why it let me buy again, different item number. THKS!

• Options

silver maples now available at $630 per 25 coin tube.

linky

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

Buffalo is up. Very hard to get. Constantly going out of stock.

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2024 6:12AM

@derryb said:

linky

Any yet blitzdude says you can't make money on silver :D
    Carry on...my local G&S store is higher than Costco.

• Options
    edited February 22, 2024 7:49AM

@rte592 said:

@derryb said:

linky

Any yet blitzdude says you can't make money on silver :D
    Carry on...my local G&S store is higher than Costco.

I got mine last week at $609. I wouldn't pay $630 for a roll of gutter. Personal choice obviously. RGDS!

P.S. Costco has been selling cheaper than all the dealers and with the potential of 4% rebates it was a no brainer. They have slowly been raising prices and I would expect soon they will be right in line with everyone else. THKS!

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buying Costco stock is way better than buying gold ;)

• Options

@ctf_error_coins said:
    Buying Costco stock is way better than buying gold ;)

Some of us buy both. :sunglasses:

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2024 2:32PM

COST is our largest holding. My wife is a supervisor there.

NVDA is our second largest holding :)

Next 2 biggest, AAPL, AMZN

• Options

I was never a fan of the final portrait of the Queen on the Maples but I can say she certainly makes for a better obverse than her son Chuck. Thanks Costco. RGDS!

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

I really like the packaging.

• Options

Gold Eagles available $2099.99. -$84 with 4% rewards, $2016 out the door with spot @ $2045. RGDS!

• Options
    edited February 29, 2024 1:09PM

@blitzdude said:

Gold Eagles available $2099.99. -$84 with 4% rewards, $2016 out the door with spot @ $2045. RGDS!

Costco rewards is only 2%:

• Options
    edited February 29, 2024 6:12PM

2% executive membership, 2% costco citi card = 4%.

Personally, I don't have the Citi card but did upgrade to the executive membership, so I am getting 1.5% back with Capital One and 2% executive = 3.5%. RGDS!

• Options

2024 Gold buffalos are up! Picked up a few, glad I held off from buying the AGE's. I really wanted the Buffalos!

• Options
    edited February 29, 2024 3:23PM

@SONOMOSCA said:
    2024 Gold buffalos are up! Picked up a few, glad I held off from buying the AGE's. I really wanted the Buffalos!

They were gone fast but back up again. Got em finally. THKS!

Edit: Back in stock for the 3rd time.

• Options
    mattnissmattniss Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2024 4:03PM

Back in stock and at a really good price given today's run!

EDIT: Looks like it's out of stock once again already.

• Options

Looks like some items are hitting the clubs, found the Pamps at my Costco this evening.
    An employee told me the Pamp Lunar Dragons were in a nearby location about a month ago.

• Options

@SONOMOSCA said:
    Looks like some items are hitting the clubs, found the Pamps at my Costco this evening.
    An employee told me the Pamp Lunar Dragons were in a nearby location about a month ago.

Figured they would be hitting the warehouses soon. I'll have to check next time I visit but I am almost 70 miles from my "local" Costco. I only visit every few months. Hopefully they plan to stock some AGE/AGB/GML etc. THKS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

Figured they would be hitting the warehouses soon. I'll have to check next time I visit but I am almost 70 miles from my "local" Costco. I only visit every few months. Hopefully they plan to stock some AGE/AGB/GML etc. THKS!

>

That's a good distance for a Costco run. I just returned from my local Costco (about 1 mile away) picking up my buffalos and they still have the Pamp bars priced at $2099.99, the employee said they sold 4 and have 15 left.

I like the convenience of having Items shipped to Costco for pickup, and not having to wait around for the UPS driver. My last order was placed on the wrong truck and arrived at 8:00 p.m.

• Options

@SONOMOSCA said:

@blitzdude said:

>

That's a good distance for a Costco run. I just returned from my local Costco (about 1 mile away) picking up my buffalos and they still have the Pamp bars priced at $2099.99, the employee said they sold 4 and have 15 left.

I like the convenience of having Items shipped to Costco for pickup, and not having to wait around for the UPS driver. My last order was placed on the wrong truck and arrived at 8:00 p.m.

They do ship fast. received the buffs today, order placed on 2/29 as well. Glad Mrs. Blitzdude was here to sign. I had a service call in the big city this morning and actually went right by my local warehouse. Totally skipped my mind to stop and see if they were stocking anything in store. Hopefully I remember next time. RGDS!

• Options
    edited March 4, 2024 3:56PM

Gutters up, $27.50 a round retail, $26.40 after max rebates. Spot $23.82. RGDS!

• Options

First gold I've seen available since the recent run in spot prices. Looks like they've now accounted for it.

• Options

@mattniss said:
    First gold I've seen available since the recent run in spot prices. Looks like they've now accounted for it.

Yep $200 higher than when they were selling them back in mid-February. Still under spot with rebates but personally I avoid bars like the plague. RGDS!

• Options

• Options

Exploitable glitch alert?!?!

Seeing the 1oz Rand bars listed on the search results page at $2159, but when you click into it they are showing up as below spot at $2099!

• Options

Knew it was only a matter of time, Costco getting greedy. RGDS!

• Options

And getting greedier! But now available...

• Options

I was in my Costco a few hours ago and they still have the Pamps for $2,159.99, ($2,073.59 after 4% rebate).
    A little over a $100 under current spot! Looks like that price was set on 3/6 according to the price tag.
    I was tempted, but I'll stick with the coins!

• Options
    edited March 8, 2024 5:37PM

Eagles are live, looks like Buffalos will be coming up again as they've just updated the price on my watch list. Holey Moley, getting a nosebleed up in here with these current retail Au prices. RGDS!

• Options

Buffs Live. RGDS!

• Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

@mattniss said:

got one of these ugly mugs last week for 2089, just one day before gold spiked up. :)

BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options

@pragmaticgoat said:

@mattniss said:

got one of these ugly mugs last week for 2089, just one day before gold spiked up. :)

first year of ugly mug will become valuable if it becomes only year of ugly mug. Last year of queen on all maples might eventually bring a premium.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like at least a few people who don't know how costco prices stuff. LOL. Saying they are getting "greedy".
    Costco has a set % they go for and with PMs, availability and pricing changes. Costco has to roll with that.

Now, as for these gold bits...I can see the SAEs but never can see, online, the GAE nor the Gold Buffs. Sucks. Oh well.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    edited March 11, 2024 7:52AM

looks like the damaged coins were a result of tubes opening up during shipment. My costco silver tubes remained sealed during transit, they were properly packaged.

• Options

I bought 3 tubes of Maples. Luck for me they arrived intact, but the tubes were just rolling around in the box and not secure at all. I can see how they could easily open during transit. They also shipped out of NYC so in my case the route was short and they only had a couple hundred miles to travel. RGDS!

• Options

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

looks like the damaged coins were a result of tubes opening up during shipment. My costco silver tubes remained sealed during transit, they were properly packaged.

Ditto. My roll was well packaged and secured. No movement.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment