Home Precious Metals
Options

COSTCO

Comments

• Options

@derryb said:
    Here's another pic from their site. If this is done at the mint, it's something new. Their price of
    $599 is a bit high.

So this special label is exclusive for Costco only? I like it.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

after market stickers. If someone who has opened a fresh box of 2024's, they can confirm this.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2024 2:50PM

No different then the apmex stickers they slap all over the place to get an extra $20. Mint direct=Bull S

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    No different then the apmex stickers they slap all over the place to get an extra $20. Mint direct=Bull S

But the Costco sticker is much nicer than APMEX's mint direct one.......I like the eagle image on it. I'm in Canada, so on my next visit to U.S. I would see if I can get one tube from Costco.

• Options

@SilverPlatinum said:

@DrBuster said:

But the Costco sticker is much nicer than APMEX's mint direct one.......I like the eagle image on it. I'm in Canada, so on my next visit to U.S. I would see if I can get one tube from Costco.

aren't their bullion sales online only?

• Options

@derryb said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

@DrBuster said:

Really! I have no idea! Never been to U.S. Costco before. But in Canada I see they sell Gold coin inside Costco.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

They had rolls of gutter for $519 earlier today. Out of stock now. Still way overpriced IMO. THKS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    They had rolls of gutter for $519 earlier today. Out of stock now. Still way overpriced IMO. THKS!

How is that expensive when APMEX is selling the tube for $663!

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2024 5:51PM

Mint direct is like the extra sticker they put on new cars....$500 for a $50 set of locking lug nuts, $500 for $20 of 'sill tape' bs, same for tint and the ever so worth it $500 for nitro in the tires....you breath nitrogen and a tank that would fill a car lot is less, since they don't air out the tires and just add PSI to whatever the factory shoved in the tires and you get like 7lbs psi added, which messes up your driving with over inflated tires.

• Options

Certainly, a marketing gimmick. Can't imagine very many mint direct tubes flying off the shelves. RGDS!

• Options

@SilverPlatinum said:

@derryb said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

@DrBuster said:

Really! I have no idea! Never been to U.S. Costco before. But in Canada I see they sell Gold coin inside Costco.

looks like you have to purchase online with a pickup or home delivery option:

• Options

@derryb said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

@derryb said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

@DrBuster said:

looks like you have to purchase online with a pickup or home delivery option:

Oh no....That means I cannot get it even if I drive there.......
    I guess I have to start making friends in U.S. so they buy me one then ship it to Canada.......

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have reservations about Costco offering gold bars and to a lesser degree silver eagles:

You have a pool of novice buyers, at least some of whom will be buying on credit. Some for the extra points, but some who simply don't have the funds to drop in full troy ounce or even 50- or 100-gram increments.
    You have either zero advice from online sales, or virtually no advice from in-person sales.
    You have the inability to make returns in an environment where people might not realize this policy.
    You have no two-way market: Costco will not buy these items back regardless of market movement.

Then there is the indivisibility of these larger vehicles, both at the purchase and the eventual sale.
    Extremely high entry point for dollar cost averaging.
    The limitations of bars (or Maples) in assay cards.

So there is the real potential of novice buyers who can't afford these items but buy them due to excited impulse buying, who will potentially be facing sales under stress, who may turn to We Buy Gold places to sell. May not be a recipe for disaster, but it's certainly not optimal by any stretch. The market has been doing pretty well recently. But we all know the music could stop and the bottom drop out at any moment.

It's great if you are sophisticated enough and have the $$ to drop on these. But they hangover could be severe.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

@Bochiman said:
    If I can catch them in stock, I'll buy a roll of 2024 from Costco.

Do you have to pay any sort of tax on it in your state?

• Options

yes on state sales tax unless your state has special exemptions on PMs and coins. In FL I paid no sales tax on the costco PM purchase.

• Options

@SilverPlatinum said:

@Bochiman said:

No taxes on PMs here in The Commonweath. Still not sure why they consider gutter metal a PM. RGDS!

• Options

Okay thanks all for your replies. Just posting this with no obligation to reply.
    Who would help me get one sealed tube (tax free & same price as Costco) with Costco invoice or the delivery sheet? (need that to resell later on in life to proof that I got it from Costco U.S.).
    I'm willing to help you get anything from Canada (tax free) in return any time in the future.
    I would be paying you via PayPal (friends & family), then you ship this tube to me to Canada via USPS International standard tracked.
    Again no obligation here, take your time and think about it (no rush from my end).
    If you would help, then please reply to this public message, then we can message privately to exchange emails after that.
    :) I would post a picture of the tube in this thread later on once I get it giving credits to the person who helped me.

• Options
    edited January 25, 2024 6:17PM

@blitzdude said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

@Bochiman said:

No taxes on PMs here in The Commonweath. Still not sure why they consider gutter metal a PM. RGDS!

cause they get priced in gutter dollars. LOL

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

@Bochiman said:

caused they get priced in gutter dollars. LOL

Sorry I live in 'Merica not russia. THKS!

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SilverPlatinum said:

@Bochiman said:

Not on precious metals or coins, no. They beat on us with heavy taxes for everything else though (including soda in some areas)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

Rolls of gutter currently available at Costco but now $539 instead of previous $519. RGDS!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

watch out if they ever become an AP

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

ASEs currently available for 539.99 ($27 ea.)

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    Rolls of gutter currently available at Costco but now $539 instead of previous $519. RGDS!

Out Of Stock. THKS!

• Options

2023 gutter still available here!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    2023 gutter still available here!

Strange it was 2024 gutter here, never an option for 2023 gutter. Must be a regional thing. THKS!

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 403 ✭✭✭

FYI, Costco is selling the 2024 AGE.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

@SONOMOSCA said:
    FYI, Costco is selling the 2024 AGE.

Bummer, they must of not lasted long. I don't see them when I log in. Interesting I can select show out of stock items and they still don't come up. Starting to wonder if they list by region. Even though I missed it thanks for the heads up. RGDS!

• Options

@blitzdude

They didn't last long at all, I made the mistake of logging on to CU to post the heads up and when I returned to Costco's site to purchase they were gone. I don't know if they list by region, but I'm here in AZ if that helps. If they do pop back up tomorrow and I'm able to get them I will definitely have them shipped to my Costco for pickup since that option is available for the AGE. The Mapleleaf I ordered 3 weeks ago didn't offer warehouse pickup and turned out to be a shipping nightmare, not because of Costco, but UPS... in the end I did receive it.

I did manage to add the AGE to my Costco shopping list.

• Options

Gold Maples currently available. Spot currently $2055.

• Options

Thanks for the heads up.
    Even though I bought two a few weeks back it allowed me to buy two more. After the 2% rebate (41.60 per coin) for using my Costco Citi card I got each of them for 15.60 below spot.

• Options

@derryb said:

Thanks for the heads up.
    Even though I bought two a few weeks back it allowed me to buy two more. After the 2% rebate (41.60 per coin) for using my Costco Citi card I got each of them for 15.60 below spot.

Hard to beat getting the Au below spot, especially with where the premiums are elsewhere. Took some getting used to purchasing the Au above $2K but it appears to be our new floor. Would love to catch those AGEs in stock. CNGRTS!

PS: I really need to think about the Costco Citi if they are going to keep selling PMs. My cheap a$$ may even need to upgrade from gold star to executive. Since relocating to gods country I'm 80 miles from the closest warehouse so it was hard to justify the upgraded membership since I now go so infrequently. RGDS!

• Options
    tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2024 1:09PM

Costco Has PAMP gold bars now at 2079.99, let me know what I am not understanding correctly. If I buy one bar I pay a total of 2,079.99, as an Costco executive member I get a 2% rebate, and if I use my Costco Citibank Credit card I get another 2% rebate. So my cost after rebates is 2,079.99 *.96 = 1,996.79. Gold Spot is 2,049.68, so the bar is 52.89 under spot. I know the limit is 2 bars, and nobody gets rich on this, but this sounds too good. What am I Missing. Thanks

• Options

@tyler267 said:
    Costco Has PAMP gold bars now at 2079.99, let me know what I am not understanding correctly. If I buy one bar I pay a total of 2,079.99, as an Costco executive member I get a 2% rebate, and if I use my Costco Citibank Credit card I get another 2% rebate. So my cost after rebates is 2,079.99 *.96 = 1,996.79. Gold Spot is 2,049.68, so the bar is 52.89 under spot. I know the limit is 2 bars, and nobody gets rich on this, but this sounds too good. What am I Missing. Thanks

take the gravy before it is taken away

• Options

@tyler267 said:

Ah the joys of a Costco membership. Best thing since the $1.50 all beef 1/4LB hotdog combo. As mentioned above take it while you can get it. I suspect it's only a matter of time before bullion becomes excluded from rebates/rewards just like it has everywhere else. RGDS!

P.S. Don't forget the mustard.

• Options

@tyler267 said:

You can contribute that to Costco marketing strategy to acquire more customers (for now)...... But As "blitzdude" mentioned above, a new Costco director would come and might change this policy to exclude bullion from the rebates.

• Options

The Pamp 1oz. gold bars and Gold Maple leafs are selling as I type.

Yesterday Costco had the 25 Gram Pamp Suisse Lady Fortuna Multigram Gold Bar for sale. Nice, but I'll pass.

• Options
    edited February 3, 2024 2:02PM

Yes just saw the Maples again. Bring on those AGEs! THKS!

P.S. Did anyone catch the Buffs? I never saw em. Oh man $hit$ getting real! RGDS!

Double P.S.S I'm not a bar fan but looks like they have been doing 50 and 100 Gram PAMPS also.

• Options

Never seen the Buffalos, I was hoping they would eventually be selling them.
    Do you happen to know if the Buffalos were for sale today? Thanks for putting that up!

@blitzdude said:
    Yes just saw the Maples again. Bring on those AGEs! THKS!

P.S. Did anyone catch the Buffs? I never saw em. Oh man $hit$ getting real! RGDS!

• Options

only see OOS 2024 ASE here now. no gold no 2023

• Options
    edited February 4, 2024 6:29PM

@SONOMOSCA said:
    Never seen the Buffalos, I was hoping they would eventually be selling them.
    Do you happen to know if the Buffalos were for sale today? Thanks for putting that up!

No not Saturday, they were earlier in the week, Tue or Wed I think. Hopefully they will list them again. Would be nice if they would list at alternate times. Hard for a working man to catch during normal business hours. RGDS!

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭✭

Why would Costco of all places be selling silver and gold? Isn't this the sort of thing you should get at a REAL gold/silver dealer who actually knows the product and knows what they're doing?

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

@Estil said:
    Why would Costco of all places be selling silver and gold? Isn't this the sort of thing you should get at a REAL gold/silver dealer who actually knows the product and knows what they're doing?

Is it really that complicated?

• Options

@Estil said:

You could always buy your gold at an airport vending machine.

• Options
    edited February 6, 2024 2:10PM

Rolls of 2023 Gutter currently available $519 each. For some reason if I clicked on the product it looped me to the 2024's which show out of stock. I had to access from my saved list to see the 23's Direct link might help: https://www.costco.com/.product.1799373.html RGDS!

P.S. It appears they were gone almost as fast as they were listed. Please don't tell anyone I just purchased the gutter. THKS!

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

Rolls of 2023 Gutter currently available $519 each. For some reason if I clicked on the product it looped me to the 2024's which show out of stock. I had to access from my saved list to see the 23's Direct link might help: https://www.costco.com/.product.1799373.html RGDS!

P.S. It appears they were gone almost as fast as they were listed. Please don't tell anyone I just purchased the gutter. THKS!

What is up with this gutter talk? Do you also sell gutters and gutter accessories as well as gutter cleaning/maintenance?

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

@Estil said:

@blitzdude said:

What is up with this gutter talk? Do you also sell gutters and gutter accessories as well as gutter cleaning/maintenance?

I am an investor in the metal of kings aka The Au. Every great once in a while just like your typical crackhead, I find myself stuck in the gutter. RGDS!

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

100 , with nothing to add.