Home Precious Metals
Options

COSTCO

Comments

• Options
    pmbugpmbug Posts: 84 ✭✭

That Kitco article claims Costco is selling the silver tubes in their brick and mortar stores. I haven't seen them in my local store (yet?).

Yelling at clouds on pmbug.com

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pmbug said:
    That Kitco article claims Costco is selling the silver tubes in their brick and mortar stores. I haven't seen them in my local store (yet?).

Not saying it didn't happen but I would hardly consider Kitco a reliable news source. That outfit is twisted beyond twisted. RGDS!

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@pmbug said:

Not saying it didn't happen but I would hardly consider Kitco a reliable news source. That outfit is twisted beyond twisted. RGDS!

HOGWASH. "world’s leading source of precious metals market information, news, and reporting."

The things I don’t always agree with are always worth considering.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

Select stores...not all

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

• Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 836 ✭✭✭
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

I started using Costco for my mushroom grow supplies and have saved a ton of money that I can now spend on their gold and silver. Man, what an awesome store.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

Limit of 2 Transaction Per Membership, with a Maximum of 5 Units

restrictions becoming less tight!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

I bought 3 tubes of Maples. Luck for me they arrived intact, but the tubes were just rolling around in the box and not secure at all. I can see how they could easily open during transit. They also shipped out of NYC so in my case the route was short and they only had a couple hundred miles to travel. RGDS!

This is all the more reason I would think serious precious metal buyers would get these at a REAL precious metals dealer who actually knows gold/silver/other well and knows what they're doing!

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭

To those who purchased PM has Costco not charged sales tax if you meet your states requirement for minimum purchase.

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody found what location or region the y sell at store?

Does the page constantly update what the selling price is since gold fluctuates often day?

• Options

@giantsfan20 said:
    To those who purchased PM has Costco not charged sales tax if you meet your states requirement for minimum purchase.

I live FL, no tax was due and COSTCO did not charge me state sales tax

• Options

@giantsfan20 said:
    Has anybody found what location or region the y sell at store?

Does the page constantly update what the selling price is since gold fluctuates often day?

No.
    No. I have seen the same price until, what I believe, they sell out of that batch even with gold fluctuating during the day

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭

AGE's are currently selling for $2299.99. I was at Costco about an hour ago and they still have the Pamps
    for $2229.99 ($2140.79 with 4% cash back). Those Pamps are looking more attractive at $93 under spot.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

I've accumulated a nice little stack of Costco's gold and silver coins, all at below spot after the 4% Costco/Citi card rebate. I'm now focusing on the Ethereum climb. Possibility of much quicker and larger profits over the bullion. Of course, cryptos go both ways.

• Options

No tax charged in The Commonwealth by Costco or any other outfit for that matter. God Bless the Commonwealth. RGDS!

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2024 5:08PM

.The Commonwealth should consider monetizing gold & silver as legal tender and a bullion depository. Like Texas is doing, and a few other states.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2024 7:37PM
  • Options

Crazy it's letting me add a quantity of 5 to the cart now....even letting me add 5 AGE's too. Don't think I am going to pull the trigger though, hard to stomach $2300 Au although I do believe the Metal of Kings is ultimately headed much, much higher. Decisions, decisions. Hashtag #RealLifeProblems. LULZ!

• Options

1 transaction per member, 5 coins per transaction

anyone re-selling these?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    1 transaction per member, 5 coins per transaction

appears COSTCO is not keeping track of number of transactions.

• Options
    edited March 29, 2024 5:47PM

They dropped the price on the AGE, AGB, GML to $2269.99 from the $2299.99 last night. Buffs are gone now, the other 2 still available. RGDS!

Edit AGEs gone. GML Remain. PHY!

• Options

1 oz Gold Bar PAMP Suisse Lady Fortuna Veriscan (New In Assay)
    Item 1748080
    4.8 out of 5 stars, average rating value. Read 2047 Reviews. Same page link.

(2047)
    Write a review
    Member Only Item

Your Price2,269.99$
    Shipping & Handling Included
    Features:
    24kt Gold
    Item is Non-Refundable
    Limit of 1 Transaction Per Membership, with a Maximum of 5 Units
    Item is Not Eligible for Price Adjustments

BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2024 9:25AM

Buffs and Eagles back in stock. $54 under spot with 4% rebates. RGDS!

• Options
    edited April 6, 2024 11:43AM

• Options

before you buy a bar, I'd wait for the coins to reappear.

• Options
    edited April 8, 2024 3:43PM

Costco gutter in stock. Seems like I was just buying these for $519.99 not too long ago. RGDS!

AGE and GML were up too but gone fairly quick. THKS!

• Options

canada gold and silver links working. lady fortuna working

• Options
    edited April 9, 2024 11:24AM

Emphasis is mine:

Gold has turned into money for Costco, where yellow metal sales begun last year have turned into a cash cow for the big-box retailer.

In fact, sales are so brisk that analysts at Wells Fargo expect revenue "may now be running at" $100 million to $200 million a month, a rapid acceleration since bullion hit the warehouse club late in the summer of 2023.

More:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/09/costco-selling-up-to-200-million-in-gold-bars-a-month-wells-fargo-estimates.html

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

sure would like to see those $680 silver maple tubes re-appear.

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apologies for the duplicate thread...

With Costco selling at those levels and the Chinese government buying gold, it doesn't look as though demand is going away any time soon. Yet, a lot of folks are saying with gold going up so rapidly, we're bound to have some sort of correction... I'm at a loss for where else corporations are going to park their money in the near term...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does Costco sell gold in their stores or is it strictly internet sales to Costco members? If so, is it being sold in the jewelry department where they have a large safe?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:
    Apologies for the duplicate thread...

With Costco selling at those levels and the Chinese government buying gold, it doesn't look as though demand is going away any time soon. Yet, a lot of folks are saying with gold going up so rapidly, we're bound to have some sort of correction... I'm at a loss for where else corporations are going to park their money in the near term...

Corporations buy US Treasuries.

Re: gold price......strength begets strength.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

@PerryHall said:
    Does Costco sell gold in their stores or is it strictly internet sales to Costco members? If so, is it being sold in the jewelry department where they have a large safe?

AFAIK - sales are done mostly via their website. Supposedly they do sell some bullion in select warehouse locations, but I have not seen it in any of the Costco locations near me.

• Options
    edited April 17, 2024 5:15PM

YIKES! and Double YIKES! RGDS!!

Edit: Can I cancel the executive membership and get me Au star back? And PLS refund the difference? THKS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

YIKES! and Double YIKES! RGDS!!

Edit: Can I cancel the executive membership and get me Au star back? And PLS refund the difference? THKS!

Looks like they finally looked at spot price.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTcu7MCtuTs

Just a song to those who didn't stack their fill yet. Just sayn.

• Options

Every time I check they're sold out

BST references:
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2024 1:30PM

gold eagles are up

$6 below spot if you get the Costco 4% rebate

• Options

Gold eagles still available

Gold buffalos also now available.

• Options
    edited April 18, 2024 5:45PM

EDIT: I'm done buying at these prices. Sad fact: I will be buying at higher prices down the road. RGDS!

• Options
    edited April 18, 2024 5:53PM

!

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Interesting Costco feature. Once I order, they send it to our local store for pick-up. They send an email once it's received (3-4 days) and I have 7-10 days to pick it up... after that they cancel the order and issue a refund.

• Options

.> @meluaufeet said:

Interesting Costco feature. Once I order, they send it to our local store for pick-up. They send an email once it's received (3-4 days) and I have 7-10 days to pick it up... after that they cancel the order and issue a refund.

why not just have it delivered to your door?

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2024 8:14AM

@derryb
    You probably have to sign for it which may be difficult for some.

LCoopie = Les
  • Options

@derryb said:
    .> @meluaufeet said:

why not just have it delivered to your door?

Some people don't want anything coin/PM related coming to their house.
    When I have played "part-time dealer" the last year and a half, I have 1 guy that has bought gold from me, and chatted with him quite a bit, tell me that he doesn't want anything coming to his house that he doesn't bring in himself. He wants to keep the lowest profile he can.