Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grade Poppage Thread (Through-Date Estimation)

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭

Sent in some POP culture auto cards and a couple of sports autos to round out the sub to get to the min requirement. These were receivd 7/22 and in Shipping now. The ones that were not graded were Chris Froome Auto cards from Sport Kings. I didnt know PSA does not Grade the current Sport Kings issues. Back into a 1 touch they go. Overall I'm pleased.

1 1 64676889 MINT 9 2020 Topps Allen & Ginter Mini Autographs Maaco Andy Cohen Card
    2 1 64676890 MINT 9 2020 Topps Seattle Children's Heroes SCH2 Macklemore Autograph Card
    3 1 64676891 GEM MINT 10 2020 Topps Allen & Ginter Autographs Fsadmc Danny McBride Card
    4 1 64676892 MINT 9 2020 Leaf Metal Pop Century Heartbreakers Autographs H-MR1 Meg Ryan Purple Card
    5 1 64676893 GEM MINT 10 2021 Leaf Pro Set Joe Exotic JEA1 Joe Exotic Autograph Card
    6 1 64676894 GEM MINT 10 2021 Leaf Metal Pop Century Autograph BAMM2 Mark McGrath Silver Crystal Card
    7 1 64676895 MINT 9 2021 Leaf Metal Pop Century Autograph BAJC3 John Cusack Black Card
    8 1 64676896 GEM MINT 10 2021 Leaf Metal Pop Century Autograph BABA1 Ben Affleck Black Crystal Card
    9 1 64676897 MINT 9 2021 Leaf Metal Pop Century Autograph BATL2 Tone Loc Silver Card
    10 1 64676898 GEM MINT 10 2021 Leaf Metal Pop Century Autograph BAEE1 Emilio Estevez Red Card
    11 1 64676899 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2018 Leaf Pop Century Metal Triple Signatures TA-01 Emilio Estevez/Charlie Sheen/Lou Diamond Phillips Pink Prismatic 1/1 Card
    12 1 64676900 GEM MINT 10 2021 Leaf Metal Pop Century Stunning Starlets Autograph ES1 Elisabeth Shue Blue Card
    13 1 64676901 MINT 9 2021 Leaf Metal Pop Century Flashback Autographs BACC1 Chevy Chase Silver Card
    14 1 64676902 NEAR MINT 7 2021 Leaf Metal Pop Century Starring Roles Autographs SRRW1 Rainn Wilson Silver Crystal Card
    15 1 64676903 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2021 Leaf Metal Pop Century Starring Roles Autographs SRJR1 Jeremy Renner Green Card
    16 1 64676904 GEM MINT 10 2021 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions Autographs Ajt Jon Taffer Card
    17 1 64676905 MINT 9 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball Autographs Agaaf Allyson Felix Card
    18 1 64676906 NEAR MINT 7 2000 Upper Deck Legends Epic Signatures LM Lanny McDonald Card
    19 1 64676907 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Upper Deck Legends Epic Signatures Sy Steve Yzerman Epic Signatures Card
    20 1 64676908 GEM MINT 10 2021 Panini Prizm UFC Signatures Sgvsh Valentina Shevchenko Silver Prizm Card
    21 1 64676909 NEAR MINT 7 2020 Topps UFC Knockout Knockout Autographs Kavs Valentina Shevchenko Card
    22 1 N9: NOT GRADED Not Licensed Unauthorized, No Grade, No Charge Card
    23 1 N9: NOT GRADED Not Licensed Unauthorized, No Grade, No Charge Card
    24 1 N9: NOT GRADED Not Licensed Unauthorized, No Grade, No Charge Card
    25 1 64676913 NEAR MINT 7 2021 Leaf Metal Pop Century Cut Signature PCCKP1 Katy Perry Card
    26 1 64676914 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2021 Leaf Metal Pop Century Cut Signature PCCTS1 Taylor Swift Card
    27 1 64676915 NEAR MINT 7 2008 Donruss Americana Celebrity Cuts Hollywood Icons Hi-AJ Ashley Judd Cut Signature Material

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

@MarshallFaulk28 said:
    I just received my 20 card National Special (1996-newer) order today. This was a mix of Jordan cards and some hockey cards. I was not terribly accurate with my grade estimates on this one. Cards look nicely holdered with no damage or anything, but some puzzling and surprising grades. It also turned out to be a 19 card order because I got another minimum size required which is frustrating.

8 cards match my predicted grade
    5 cards better than my predicted grade
    6 cards worse than my predicted grade

Most extreme was a 6 that I was expected to be a 9. I'm looking at the card now and still have no idea whatsoever what is wrong with it. Has to be something really small hiding on the surface somewhere I guess.

Overall:
    10s - 6 (expected 7)
    9s - 9 (expected 7)
    8s - 1 (expected 5)
    7s - 2 (expected 0)
    6 - 1 (expected 0)

I'd say the whole order balanced out to slightly less than my expectation but not bad.

I should get my 20 card Special (1995-older) tomorrow. We'll see how that one turned out.

Ok, I got my other special back today. This is my last order that PSA had. How do I describe this one... let's go with AWFUL.

I think I got some grumpy grader that sabotaged my grades by 1 point in many cases. In two cases, the grades are butchered, and I might as well crack them out.

This order consisted of mostly 90s Jordan cards sprinkled with a couple of hockey cards and a couple of Griffeys.

So...
    8 cards match my predicted grade
    1 card better than my predicted grade
    11 cards worse than my predicted grade

Overall:
    10s - 2 (expected 3)
    9s - 7 (expected 12)
    8s - 5 (expected 4)
    7s - 3 (expected 1)
    6s - 1 (expected 0)
    5s - 2 (expected 0)

On those 5s, I expected an 8 and a 9.

One 9 I got, I just don't see any reason it shouldn't be a 10. It looks completely flawless to me. I will keep examining it to see what they could have possibly found, but I'm not even seeing anything marginal that a stubborn grader could dock. I'll keep looking.

Hope others have better luck than this!

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Halosfan!

Any way I could get a scan of this when you get it, she's been one of my Crushes for 30+ years, ever since I saw her in the movie LINK (1986). And I met her years ago in Beaver Creek and she was as Nice as you would ever expect!

12 1 64676900 GEM MINT 10 2021 Leaf Metal Pop Century Stunning Starlets Autograph ES1 Elisabeth Shue Blue Card

YeeHaw

Neil

• Options

@thedutymon11 said:
    Hey Halosfan!

Any way I could get a scan of this when you get it, she's been one of my Crushes for 30+ years, ever since I saw her in the movie LINK (1986). And I met her years ago in Beaver Creek and she was as Nice as you would ever expect!

YeeHaw

Neil

Sure thing! Awesome you got to meet her! I've been a fan of hers for a long time myself!

• Options

@halosfan said:

Sure thing! Awesome you got to meet her! I've been a fan of hers for a long time myself!

Not Bragging but when your Office is 20 feet from the First Ski Lift at Beaver Creek and your Office mates are all East West Resort Development Team/Vail Resorts Senior Management Team, it gives you many many opportunity's to meet the Stars in Hollywood and Sports. I have met 100's and 100's, they still put their pants on just like you and me!

Highlights:
    Bill Cowher..........Spent an afternoon sharing a Bar Stool at the Hyatt with him and Buying each other Beers while his family Skiied. He gave me Grief about my Raiders and I complained how my own Child Rearing had gone off the rails cause my Boy Was/Is a Steelers fan! He told me he has always admired the Raiders.
    Jeff Foxworthy.........He bought my Lunch at the Hyatt Cafeteria cause my Buddy told him " Hey Mr. Foxworthy, the Front gate isn't supposed to let Rednecks up the hill", he came right back in his Country Drawl "We'll it didn't Work! and cracked up. Then invited us to join his family and bought our lunch. He wanted to know about Beaver Creek so had 100 questions. (We had our Vail Resorts Coats on).

And many many many others!

Lowlight of all time: Joe Montana...think of the word Lick and remove the L add a D or a PR and you would describe him perfectly!

YeeHaw!!

Neil

• Options

Finally got some grades for some vintage hockey that I popped out of SGC cases. I was concerned about the objectiveness of lower grades. I was surprised to see there was consistency with PSA giving about a grade lower than SGC.

SGC 30 - Good 2 => PSA Fair 1.5
    SGC 30 - Good 2 => PSA Poor 1
    SGC 40 -VG 3 => Good 2
    SGC 60 - EX 5 => VG/EX 4
    SGC 60 - EX 5 => VG/EX 4

I am convinced PSA gives the toughest grades which is why their cards are the most valued for a given grade. While my grades dropped, I'm happy to see these now in a PSA case.

• Options

More Poppage today from my July special that arrived on 7/14 and 7/21 respectively

28 Cards (Star Wars Chrome Galaxy, Pokemon Modern, Pop Century 2021)
    10s: 16
    9s: 12

22 Card (2022 Topps Chrome Sapphire Edition)
    Now this is where it gets weird

10s: 17!
    4s?!?!?!: 5

I have no idea what the deal with this is considering they went all pack to sleeve to loader. The centering on these cards looked absolutely fine, not even close 4s, no idea what's going on here and I might call PSA once they come in.

• Options

Skyistumbling what Pop Century did you send in?

• Options

@halosfan said:
    Skyistumbling what Pop Century did you send in?

2021 Daisey Ridley and Millie Bobby Brown

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@skyistumbling said:
    More Poppage today from my July special that arrived on 7/14 and 7/21 respectively

I have no idea what the deal with this is considering they went all pack to sleeve to loader. The centering on these cards looked absolutely fine, not even close 4s, no idea what's going on here and I might call PSA once they come in.

Nice to see PSA 10s … especially on Star Wars… would love to see some pics when you get them in hand!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

@threeofsix said:

@skyistumbling said:

Nice to see PSA 10s … especially on Star Wars… would love to see some pics when you get them in hand!!

Will drop a gallery once everything gets in on Friday, very excited for them!

• Options

@thedutymon11 said:
    Hey Halosfan!

YeeHaw

Neil

@thedutymon11 said:
    Hey Halosfan!

• Options

Hey,

Cool Cool Cool..........That Card is beautiful, as well as her, of course!

What does something like that sell for?

YeeHaw!

Thanks

Neil

• Options

Neil … it did not set me back much at all … maybe 40ish. There are lots of color variations but I liked the blue one

• Options

Neil those are nice!!!
    Matt

• Options

@halosfan said:
    Neil those are nice!!!
    Matt

Matt,

Now that you Tweaked my interest in these, Question, can these be regularly found Raw that can end up being 9's or 10's?

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options

Had a small 4 card order of 89/90 Basketball come back. I mainly sent these as a litmus test for how they grade the older stuff especially stickers. These were ALL pack fresh and honestly the best of the best. The results are once again bizarre because I felt the Jordan All star was a 10 and the base card was like a 9, LOL. Not gonna complain too much w the 10 on the Jordan base but good luck trying to figure PSA grading standards out.
    GEM MINT 10 1990 Fleer 26 Michael Jordan
    NEAR MINT 7 1990 Fleer All-Stars 5 Michael Jordan
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1989 Fleer Sticker 4 Charles Barkley
    NEAR MINT 7 1989 Fleer Sticker 10 Larry Bird

• Options

Here are those graded Star Wars cards! https://imgur.com/a/ekOx6Ac

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@skyistumbling Wow….loved seeing the scans!! The Padme, the Luke’s and x-wing, the jango…. All fabulous!!!

Thanks for sharing!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

Getting frustrated at the glacial pace of one of my orders. I submitted it as an economy back on 6/14/22 and it's still in Grading. I had two other orders that I already have received but this one is just not moving. It's only three cards that are being transferred from another grading service. Do these typically take a lot longer?

• Options
    envoy982envoy982 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭

@vbacon it's a crossover sub? I haven't seen much on the pace of those but I think economy is the cheapest level for that service at the moment. My economy orders that are raw/grading have been running ~20 days lately and were averaging 31 total days from arrived to shipped between June and September.

• Options

@envoy982 said:
    @vbacon it's a crossover sub? I haven't seen much on the pace of those but I think economy is the cheapest level for that service at the moment. My economy orders that are raw/grading have been running ~20 days lately and were averaging 31 total days from arrived to shipped between June and September.

Yeah, I guess crossover is the correct term. Sorry, I'm pretty new to this. :) I had two other economy orders from June that each took about 90 days. I guess they figure I'm not a big player so they can take 120 days for an economy order with me.

• Options

I have 4 subs in. 3 are at 7 and the other at 3. Weird that the one that hit 7 first has been like that for a week. Guess they don’t want my money.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

PSA definitely seems to work on modern items as a priority: I sent five separate orders in during the July special. 3 were the 1996-present and 2 were the 1995 & earlier. All of the 1996-present ones went through grading and on to Q1 very quickly (though they've been stalled at Q1 for several weeks since). The other 2 are still in Research stage.

• Options

I don’t think it’s priority as much as resource availability. I would imagine the bulk of the backlog was modern era cards and so the bulk of training for new graders was on those. I did notice the bulk subs now are 1979 and older or 1980 and newer instead of the 1996 cutoff. They must be trying to ease some of these modern-trained graders into earlier year card expertise. Also, I have the exact same experience as you. 4 subs in $18 special - 2 modern both in qa2. 2 vintage just entered grading on Monday after 2 months.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@Soonerific said:
    I have a 34 card economy order that arrived 3/18/22, entered 3/24/22, and has been stuck in QA2 since 6/23. Called today since it's been in QA2 for 3 weeks and asked if there was an issue, like a label or holder that needed to be addressed. Was told no issues in the notes for the order and everything was fine. Told the 3 week delay in QA2 was "normal" and happens from time to time. Told the rep I had another order sent at the same time at the same service level that was tracking behind this one, but zipped right passed it and shipped 2 weeks ago. I asked if the rep if they could highlight or flag the order number to be pushed through since 3 weeks in QA2 is entirely too long to review labels, holders, and ship out unless there was an issue. Was told to be patient and call back in a week if it still hadn't shipped and they would reach out to that department at that time to check on the order. I know it's not the customer service rep's fault, but they could at least make an inquiry instead of saying call back in a week if it doesn't ship. Maybe it pops today or tomorrow. If not I will be calling again Monday.

QA2 for 2 months

• Options

Pretty damn sorry of them to hold cards at QC 7. All you have to do is ship the damn things!! Mines been 2 weeks sitting.

• Options

Trying to figure out why I have 2 economy orders sitting in R&ID that were delivered the same day as a bulk and a value sub are way ahead of econ. Econ orders are both R&ID (spec #'s available for every card, nothing new or tricky) and my value sub is in QA2 and Bulk sub is in Grading. Nice that value and buik are moving through quickly but I'd expect my $50/card sub to beat them out the door since they were all in the same box and delivered the same day.

• Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 357 ✭✭✭

A familiar refrain...you just gotta roll with it...

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭✭

$50 8 card submission entered June 7 still hasn't popped. Day 140 now . . .

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2022 1:41PM

…and my value sub just popped while my Econ sub that arrived the same day and has fewer cards is still in grading. No sense in sending Econ unless it’s to cover declared value. All cards had spec #’s so nothing tricky or easier about either sub. Unfortunately this value sub had some Javonte Williams and Mac Jones stuff. That’ll probably all go in a box for next off-season 😂

Edited to say: 14 days from delivered to grades. I love that turnaround time, just wish my econ orders would move that quick.

• Options

There's not much action in this thread lately. Is everyone getting their orders back in a timely fashion now?

I have a dual grade value order (1996-present) of 11 cards just getting ready to ship. The whole process took about 1 month for this one, so it's pretty snappy.

• Options

@Marshallfaulk28 I've had several orders pop over the last month.
    Economy was 28-30 days
    Value 13 days
    July special 41 & 43 days for modern, 80's 64 days. 50's-80's is still in grading 75 days or so later
    Bulk hit qa2 in 30 days but has sat there for the better part of a week

• Options

@envoy982 said:
    @Marshallfaulk28 I've had several orders pop over the last month.
    Economy was 28-30 days
    Value 13 days
    July special 41 & 43 days for modern, 80's 64 days. 50's-80's is still in grading 75 days or so later
    Bulk hit qa2 in 30 days but has sat there for the better part of a week

Nice. They are mostly zipping along then except for the older stuff. With my order, I sent in a dual grade value (1995-earlier) in the same package, and that one is still stuck in Research.

It's a good sign for their ability to handle large volumes, so that should drive prices down some more. I think I'll try the $15 special soon.

• Options
    dmg111dmg111 Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

Grades popped today for the $18 special, received in on 7/28.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dmg111 said:
    Grades popped today for the $18 special, received in on 7/28.

Good to know. I have a Special order that landed about the same time that's still in Grading. Wondering what the timing will be since the other Special order I sent that was received about a week later has been back for almost 2 months.

Timing on these things has been weird.

• Options

@dmg111 were they mostly vintage or modern? How big was the order?

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

I have had an order sitting in Q-Check #2 for several weeks now. I thought that was the quickest one?

• Options

@bobbyw8469 said:
    I have had an order sitting in Q-Check #2 for several weeks now. I thought that was the quickest one?

Most of my orders, that has been the case. Usually less than 5 days but I’m guessing on these specials and bulk subs that won’t be true.

• Options
    dmg111dmg111 Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

@envoy982 said:
    @dmg111 were they mostly vintage or modern? How big was the order?

Mostly junk era with a few vintage - 20 items:

1928 - 5
    1988 - 1
    1990 - 1
    1991 - 1
    1992 - 2
    1993 - 3
    1994 - 3
    1995 - 4

• Options

My 2nd National special that arrived the first week of January hit Assembly today. I’d love it to be out by thanksgiving but more likely Christmas.

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

First week of January?! You got quite the jump on the National special! :D

• Options

Grades popped on a bulk order and I just realized they labeled my Gronk rookies as the autograph version. Any idea how long a reholder/fix will take? Assuming I need to pay both directions too?

• Options

@envoy982 said:
    Grades popped on a bulk order and I just realized they labeled my Gronk rookies as the autograph version. Any idea how long a reholder/fix will take? Assuming I need to pay both directions too?

For the couple of label fixes I’ve done, they’ve paid shipping both ways. After you pay to have it shipped to them, they reimburse you either with a check or adding a credit to your account for a future order. I did the latter. Both of mine were very quick too. I had my cards back in a few weeks.

I need to do same actually as they put the wrong year on a label of mine despite me catching it during the grading phase. They also had the wrong player entirely, so at least they got that fixed but never caught that the year was wrong too.

• Options

Good to know! Thanks for that.

• Options

@maddux69 said:
    First week of January?! You got quite the jump on the National special! :D

That was a weird auto correct from ‘August’. :D

• Options
    shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

I have one there from July. Called last Friday and they said it is still in the works. I have a bad feeling that it’s lost. We will see. I have another that I received back with the same incorrect Label that was sent back in March. Still haven’t rectified the issue in that either. I have several subs ready to send in but I’m trying to wait for the conclusion of those 2 cards.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the 1996 and back service was slow. I sent 17 cards in just for auto verification no grade arrived 8/10. Entered 9/2. 11/21 still in research and Id. $30 a card level.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies