Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grade Poppage Thread (Through-Date Estimation)

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

@empigtv said:
    Does anyone else have 2021 vintage order that is still in grading? My order mailed 3/21 and logged 5/4/21 has been in grading for like 6 months. I'm beginning to think I might be the literal last order in the backlog. I'm also beginning to wonder how many cards PSA ends up owning because people literally die while waiting 1.5 years for their cards to be graded and returned. It has to be a consequential number of cards.

I still have 3 vintage orders that are in grading. One is 474 cards, one is 137 cards and one is a 64 card crossover submission. They were shipped on 3/31/21 on the last day before the shutdown. The oldest logged in on 4/23 and is the crossover submission. I have three other submissions sent at the same time that have already been graded and shipped back to me.

• Options
    envoy982envoy982 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭

My buddy has a value sub in qa2. Not sure how those weren’t supposed to be started until after the backlog but it’s ahead of stuff from 16+ months ago.

• Options

@gemint said:

@empigtv said:
    Does anyone else have 2021 vintage order that is still in grading? My order mailed 3/21 and logged 5/4/21 has been in grading for like 6 months. I'm beginning to think I might be the literal last order in the backlog. I'm also beginning to wonder how many cards PSA ends up owning because people literally die while waiting 1.5 years for their cards to be graded and returned. It has to be a consequential number of cards.

I still have 3 vintage orders that are in grading. One is 474 cards, one is 137 cards and one is a 64 card crossover submission. They were shipped on 3/31/21 on the last day before the shutdown. The oldest logged in on 4/23 and is the crossover submission. I have three other submissions sent at the same time that have already been graded and shipped back to me.

I would rather these continue to take longer and have the right graders grade them than try to get through them by throwing the shiny graders on them. The rush job seemed to be happening 6 months ago. Recently I have seem a lot more "expected" results on the vintage orders which suggests maybe they realized putting inexperienced shiny graders on vintage was not a good move. Also it seems that on the new Value orders, the 1996 to present orders seem to be moving right through which would also suggest those graders are sticking to what they are qualified at

• Options

Both mine from early March 2021 popped, I’ve received 1 and the second has been in shipping for a week

• Options

@BBBrkrr said:

@gemint said:
    I got good news and bad news on my crossover order. 14/15 crossed (SGC to PSA) but the 15th didn't meet my min grade. Unfortunately it was cracked out of the SGC 10 holder even though I put 10 for min grade. I agreed to have it slabbed a 9 with some credit for losing out the 10. Overall I'm happy with the solution offered and thrilled that almost all crossed. These were 1970s cards. Highlights include a SGC 9 to PSA 9 1975 Yaz and two very tough 1973 Red Sox Coaches that crossed directly to PSA 9. This will be an upgrade for my set.

That's great for you. Congrats.

I've been cracking some this summer and I've hit almost every one at the same grade though I did have a couple .5s that came in at the lower. That's completely understandable though. I have several there now on the National deal including a bunch of early 70s. Curious how they'll shake.

I've had pretty good luck crossing straight across but similar to you, a lot of half-grades get dropped down. I crack them out though. The one thing I've noticed, particularly on modern SGC 10's is that sometimes the back has some issue(s) that SGC seems to allow that PSA does not and in those cases, I've dropped to a PSA 9. Other than that, they've crossed really well when cracking anyway. I've seen some posts about people getting SGC 9.5's to cross to PSA 10s, I have not had much success there.

• Options

I had a Value TCG ($30 pre-National special) that arrived 6/13/22 sit in Assembly for maybe two to three weeks and then moved to QA1 Friday.

I think the explanation on some of the cards being damaged is Edward Scissorhands was recently hired as a part-time grader. I agree that some of the damage does not look possible with just regular human hands.

• Options
    shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

I have a value vintage in the shipping phase and had results that reached my expectations. The value vintage I received before this one was tragic. Most grades were 2 or 3 grades below expectations. Only a couple that met expectations and none that exceeded expectations. It’s scary (frustrating) that a grader can be that far off and we are supposed to chalk it up as a loss. I have had next to no success reaching anyone at PSA about the issue that I posted about earlier. I hope the worst of this rough patch is behind us and we can move forward with better submission experiences.

• Options

@envoy982 said:
    My buddy has a value sub in qa2. Not sure how those weren’t supposed to be started until after the backlog but it’s ahead of stuff from 16+ months ago.

I also just had a newer value order (1996-present) hit QA2. It was entered on 06/30.

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 317 ✭✭✭

@envoy982 said:

@BBBrkrr said:

@gemint said:
    I got good news and bad news on my crossover order. 14/15 crossed (SGC to PSA) but the 15th didn't meet my min grade. Unfortunately it was cracked out of the SGC 10 holder even though I put 10 for min grade. I agreed to have it slabbed a 9 with some credit for losing out the 10. Overall I'm happy with the solution offered and thrilled that almost all crossed. These were 1970s cards. Highlights include a SGC 9 to PSA 9 1975 Yaz and two very tough 1973 Red Sox Coaches that crossed directly to PSA 9. This will be an upgrade for my set.

That's great for you. Congrats.

I've been cracking some this summer and I've hit almost every one at the same grade though I did have a couple .5s that came in at the lower. That's completely understandable though. I have several there now on the National deal including a bunch of early 70s. Curious how they'll shake.

I've had pretty good luck crossing straight across but similar to you, a lot of half-grades get dropped down. I crack them out though. The one thing I've noticed, particularly on modern SGC 10's is that sometimes the back has some issue(s) that SGC seems to allow that PSA does not and in those cases, I've dropped to a PSA 9. Other than that, they've crossed really well when cracking anyway. I've seen some posts about people getting SGC 9.5's to cross to PSA 10s, I have not had much success there.

I think PSA, rightfully so, did away with the whole 60-40 centering being good enough for a PSA 10. It was ugly seeing a card that much off-centered residing in a PSA 10 holder. So glad they haven't been giving those 10s anymore...the SGC 9.5s could be due to off-centering, which is no longer qualifying for a PSA 10...I still hear people quoting "60-40" centering, but it has been a while since I have seen a card get a 10 with that type of centering, with cards that have been graded in the last year+

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skyistumbling said:
    All of my July quarterly promotion submissions of 20 have hit Assembly this week, with 1 popping into QA1 mid last week. Looks like they're churning through these pretty quickly.

QA1 may be the new logjam point. I had a $30 sub I sent in before the $18 special was announced hit QA1 over a month ago where they still sit. In that time I have had a $50 sub zoom past it. Got the cards back over a week ago. 2 of my 4 $18 submissions hit Assembly, while yet another hit QA1.

Let’s see how long these final stages take on average. When the tracker first started research and Id was typically the longest wait. During the midst of the backlog Stage 4 Grading became the long stage, now for me it looks like QA1

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭

@Jayman1982 said:

I reached out to customer service last week in concern over a special not showing in my orders as arrived. I was told to email them back this Friday if it still wasn't there. The annoying part is that an economy order in the same box (delivered Aug 2) is showing as arrived and is already in grading. A Special received 2 weeks after that even shows as arrived Aug 15. These were not submitted at the National, but rather are the $18 mail-in deals

Aug 1 thru Aug 7 or so seems to be where the issue is on the order reflections. FYI. About 16k + that first week of August plus what came back from AC.

Just saw all my missing subs order reflections hit while I was typing this reply. All were received August 1st

• Options

I just had an economy order spend 2 days in grading and jump to assembly. It took 18 days to go from arrived to grading but 2 days from grading to assembly. I hope my other econ sub moves like that! Hopefully it plows through the next few stages quickly. It's all modern FB quarterbacks so I'd love to get them back in time for the season.

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@jeffv96masters said:

@Jayman1982 said:

I reached out to customer service last week in concern over a special not showing in my orders as arrived. I was told to email them back this Friday if it still wasn't there. The annoying part is that an economy order in the same box (delivered Aug 2) is showing as arrived and is already in grading. A Special received 2 weeks after that even shows as arrived Aug 15. These were not submitted at the National, but rather are the $18 mail-in deals

Aug 1 thru Aug 7 or so seems to be where the issue is on the order reflections. FYI. About 16k + that first week of August plus what came back from AC.

Just saw all my missing subs order reflections hit while I was typing this reply. All were received August 1st

Mine too showed as arrived yesterday, the CS rep was correct in when they would be posting those orders in people's accounts

• Options
    DanS832DanS832 Posts: 47 ✭✭

Quarterly Special (27 cards):
    PSA Arrived: 4/2/21
    Date Received: 5/10/21
    Research & ID: 4/9/22
    Grading: I can't remember what day it went into Grading but it has been stuck there for close to three months.

• Options

@DanS832 said:
    Quarterly Special (27 cards):
    PSA Arrived: 4/2/21
    Date Received: 5/10/21
    Research & ID: 4/9/22
    Grading: I can't remember what day it went into Grading but it has been stuck there for close to three months.

That's an absurd length of time between Received and just starting Research & ID. 😮

Also, I know the newer value orders are going to artificially wait to ship until the backlog is complete, but it's quite backwards that your order isn't at least finished grading yet when I have 2 new Special orders in Assembly and a new Value order in QA2.

• Options

After roughly 3 weeks in QA1 my July special of 20 cards is finally in QA2

• Options
    DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

@skyistumbling said:

Hate to see your post, my July special has been in QA1 for a week and I was hoping it would pop to QA2 soon.

• Options

My July special isn't even entered yet. It's still "arrived". My economy sub that sat for 2 weeks in arrived hit QA2 and I have another economy sub that has been there over a week that is also in arrived still.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in QA2 and the labels disappeared. How soon should the grades post from this point forward?

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

@envoy982 said:
    My July special isn't even entered yet. It's still "arrived". My economy sub that sat for 2 weeks in arrived hit QA2 and I have another economy sub that has been there over a week that is also in arrived still.

One of mine is sitting in a box somewhere, label tracking says its there but hasnt even shown up on the arrived yet.

@DMasci said:

@skyistumbling said:

Hate to see your post, my July special has been in QA1 for a week and I was hoping it would pop to QA2 soon.

Yeah seems like the backup is in QA now for some reason.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 July specials sent in. One received on the 22nd and the other the 29th. One's been in Assembly for about a week and the other is still in Research. I'm hoping both are back by the end of September, and that's cool.

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone actually had a vintage $18 sub move past grading?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options

@smallstocks said:

By vintage, you mean the 1995-earlier July special?

• Options

@smallstocks said:

>

Yep, I have one in QA1

• Options

@wrestlingcardking said:
    I'm in QA2 and the labels disappeared. How soon should the grades post from this point forward?

If it's a $30 Value or $18 special I would expect it to hold there until they have "cleared" the backlog

I have a $30 Value that's been in QA2 with labels gone for two days

• Options

@smallstocks said:

Yes. Had on in Assembly for about a week. 100 cards.

Another is still in Research.

• Options

My 18 month old order has been in shipping 10 days now

• Options

@TsavoriteSam said:
    My 18 month old order has been in shipping 10 days now

Well, that must be a big tease! You wait a year and a half, finally get to shipping, and now you're stuck again. Shipping should be like same or next day when it reaches that stage.

As we hit September, they must be getting awfully close to the end of job on that backlog. It should be weeks away. Probably really exciting for them to reach end of job on that one.

• Options

I’ve always gotten grades when I hit shipping and I’ve never had it take more than a day or two to actually ship and have tracking updated. Usually it’s same day.

• Options
    dmg111dmg111 Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

@wrestlingcardking said:

Same. Can't see what's in the order.

• Options

I have the grades but it won’t ship, I called and they are looking into it

• Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 201 ✭✭✭✭

31 card modern $18 July National special. Received 8/17 - now in step 5 assembly. Much quicker than expected.

• Options

My July $18 Special (100 cards) received on the 22nd that had been in Assembly for about a week hit QC1 today.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the idea that they got slammed with cards from the ‘National’ special.

Personally, I have a three card express order that arrived 8/4, took about two weeks to be logged in and is still in assembly as of 9/1…

…and I mostly blame myself for subbing so close to the National. I should know better.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@DMasci said:

@skyistumbling said:

I am on Week 5 of QA1 on 1 sub
    Week 2 of QA 1 on another and day 3 of QA1 on a 3rd

• Options

I am on Week 5 of QA1 on 1 sub
    Week 2 of QA 1 on another and day 3 of QA1 on a 3rd

When did you submit them? My $18 vintage sub was entered 7/16. Still in grading. My $50 sub was entered 6/7 and today was day 86. It has not moved past grading either. Grrrrrr. So zero chance it completes within the guideline of 45-90 days.

• Options

had a 64 card $18 order submitted 7/23 and its in QA1 already for about a week... not sure where the bottle neck is but the grading phase was like max 1.5-2 weeks.

• Options

There are still guys waiting on orders from 18 months ago. I would think PSA would get those out first

• Options

Yeah, I don't believe grading is a bottleneck with the new orders. I have 3, and they are in Assembly, QA1, and QA2. None of them spent any significant time in grading.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭

@TsavoriteSam said:
    There are still guys waiting on orders from 18 months ago. I would think PSA would get those out first

You would think.... :D

• Options

I sent 2 $18 Special orders. One arrived the 22nd and the other 29th. The 22nd is going nicely and is in QC1. The other has been in Research for a week, and the cards haven't don't even show up yet when I click the order link. That indicates they must have gotten a ton of submittals at National, because my first went in before the convention.

• Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Don't be overly excited to get back undergraded/damaged cards...

"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 336 ✭✭✭

I dropped off my orders at the Burbank show in the hopes that they would be entered immediately. They are apparently still backed up with logging issues from The National.

I've also had a few orders stuck in QA1 for multiple weeks now. I've never had orders take more than a few days at that stage.

• Options

Hey, at least you made it to QA1!

• Options

Good news, my July modern special 70 card submission that arrived on August 2nd got entered and is now in research. Everything else lingering in QA1 & 2.

• Options

@skyistumbling said:
    Good news, my July modern special 70 card submission that arrived on August 2nd got entered and is now in research. Everything else lingering in QA1 & 2.

Yep. I am up to 4 subs in QA1. One has been there for now going on two months. They are really going to hit me with all these credit card charges on the same day, aren't they?

• Options

@skyistumbling said:

My 2nd July special that arrived on July 29th has been in Research since it was entered. Still there. It's almost 4 weeks so far. No movement and the cards don't even show up when you click the Order #.

It sort of feels like they got a ton of orders at National and put all those to the front of the line, because another order that arrived July 22nd is in Q1. It's been there for 2 weeks though.

• Options
    yfwanyfwan Posts: 7
    edited September 7, 2022 3:04AM

Value service ($30) Entered 07/11 currently at QA2 stage.

Anyone has any info about CRC?
    I have one slab entered on Apr 21 and still at on hold stage.

• Options
    DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

July Special entered 7/14
    To Grading 8/1
    To Assembly 8/7
    To QA1 8/23 - still in QA1

Not sure how I feel about the fastest part of the process being the actual grading of the cards.