Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Grade Poppage Thread (Through-Date Estimation)

Comments

• halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭

That Ryan would be a great card to get signed!
    Min size rejects are the absolute worst!

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭

@Bosox1976 said:
    The good, the bad, and the ugly…

I like the Kaline, Clemente and Rose. Nice stuff. Were the 1st 3 cards a little under-graded??

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Surface issues were the problems
    On the 2-3-4 - I missed them. I thought they were tough on the 68’s but the rest was pretty fair.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

So I received my first CRC submission where the corner of my 1997 sp authentic Tim Duncan was damaged during the slabbing process in a submission that was sent at the beginning of 2021(Februaryish). I was contacted last week and was told that I was correct and the card seemed to have been damaged by them and that they were going to give me $42 and change the grade from an 8 to a 6. I was okay with what they were willing to give me for damaging my card. The customer service representative said that she would email me later in the day and she was going to look for my other CRC submission to get them both back to me at the same time. Well, I never received an email or a call back in a couple days. So I tried to call but got the famous message that they have reached their call limit. After another few days and a few unsuccessful calls I get an email that they have finished grading the card. I tried to call but again it was too late in the day. (I am a teacher on the East Coast and it is near impossible for me to call early enough in the day). Today I received the package of the card and it was in the same PSA 8 case that I had originally sent them. Pretty frustrating. I tried to call but… Not sure what to expect at this point and after this long post, I am at a loss for words. I guess I try to go through the whole process again? The card probably isn’t worth all of this.

• threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭

@shawther Wow…. That was an ending I didn’t see coming!!!

I was around the service industry for a while… I would love to take the flow chart of what was supposed to have happened and compare it to the flow chart of what did happen just so I could count the number of catastrophic failures in your scenario. It had to have been quite a few.

I can only imagine the level of frustration….

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

I called today just after 11 am Eastern time and was #134 on the call back list.

• BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

After my 2021 order being in Assembly over 3 months it flew through the other stages within a week and was in my possession as of last night. 175 and almost all 1981 Topps baseball. Grades were better than some I've seen earlier this year and I also probably didn't screen as well last year as I have this summer. No 10s but over 2/3 were 8/9s.

81’s are sneaky tough.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • dmg111dmg111 Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

Seeing on social media that Marx Cards grades are finally popping

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got good news and bad news on my crossover order. 14/15 crossed (SGC to PSA) but the 15th didn't meet my min grade. Unfortunately it was cracked out of the SGC 10 holder even though I put 10 for min grade. I agreed to have it slabbed a 9 with some credit for losing out the 10. Overall I'm happy with the solution offered and thrilled that almost all crossed. These were 1970s cards. Highlights include a SGC 9 to PSA 9 1975 Yaz and two very tough 1973 Red Sox Coaches that crossed directly to PSA 9. This will be an upgrade for my set.

@gemint said:
    I got good news and bad news on my crossover order. 14/15 crossed (SGC to PSA) but the 15th didn't meet my min grade. Unfortunately it was cracked out of the SGC 10 holder even though I put 10 for min grade. I agreed to have it slabbed a 9 with some credit for losing out the 10. Overall I'm happy with the solution offered and thrilled that almost all crossed. These were 1970s cards. Highlights include a SGC 9 to PSA 9 1975 Yaz and two very tough 1973 Red Sox Coaches that crossed directly to PSA 9. This will be an upgrade for my set.

That's great for you. Congrats.

I've been cracking some this summer and I've hit almost every one at the same grade though I did have a couple .5s that came in at the lower. That's completely understandable though. I have several there now on the National deal including a bunch of early 70s. Curious how they'll shake.

• @gemint said:

now that is something I never thought I would see, 14/15 crossing. Unreal!! Congrats!!

• TronTron Posts: 64 ✭✭

my first thoughts are...what are they training these people? then it shifts to...are they even training them at all? and finally I conclude that they're not even looking at the cards at all

@beachbumcollecting said:

@gemint said:

now that is something I never thought I would see, 14/15 crossing. Unreal!! Congrats!!

Yes, Gemmint should go purchase a lottery/powerball ticket. Crossing anything over to the same grade is basically a miracle. Crossing 14/15 is simply amazing and a miracle X 10.

edited August 18, 2022 12:09PM

To be fair, for a handful of the cards, I listed a lower minimum grade. For example, 1973 Bobby Grich SGC 9.5 (min grade 9) and 1973 Juan Marichal 8.5 (min grade 8). 9 cards directly crossed including an SGC 8 1976 Brett. There is a small chance I got a bump on something. Due to the problem with the 1973 Palmer Boyhood SGC 10 crackout, I talked to a customer service rep who told me all the rest crossed over. However, she didn't tell me the grades. I just know they crossed at or above my minimum grade. I have to wait a few days for the order to finish processing before the grades post.

edited August 18, 2022 1:59PM

I had a vintage order just pop. Results were mixed but overall pretty decent. I actually got a PSA 9 1952 Topps baseball common in the order. I'm shocked!

@gemint said:
    I had a vintage order just pop. Results were mixed but overall pretty decent. I actually got a PSA 9 1952 Topps baseball common in the order. I'm shocked!

Like I said.....forget the cards for a few minutes and go buy the Powerball ticket. ;)

@Tron said:
    my first thoughts are...what are they training these people? then it shifts to...are they even training them at all? and finally I conclude that they're not even looking at the cards at all

I get it. I just got the grades on a summer submittal that I really checked before sending. All 70s and mostly graded at 5-7. The big order of 81 Topps I sent last year was almost 2/3 8/9s and I did not do as close a check then.

Maybe it was just luck of the draw on the ones from last year and my eyes are bad on this year's. Who knows?!

I actually had two vintage orders ship today. They're really starting to crank those out. Maybe they will clear the backlog in the next few weeks. These were ~500 card submissions shipping to PSA on March 31 last year.

• I have one in shipping but no grades are showing?

You probably have an issue like expired credit card on file. Call PSA to follow up. Normally your grades should show if it's on the 'shipping' stage.

• That’s what I thought but the CC is good, I’ll try to call today

• dmg111dmg111 Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

Pack item grade just popped. 52 days.

• Gemint
    You were right, they didn’t like my CC. My CC was fine but they flagged the purchase attempt. Changed cards and I have my grades on the 21 1961 Topps cards,
    Grades were really good. 1-6, 2-7s, 7-8s, 9-9s and 2-10s. Can’t say I expected 2-10s but I thought a few had a shot but never expect a 10 on vintage. I’ve had a few 1966s go 10 years ago and a bunch of 68’s but these 2 are by far the 2 oldest 10’s I ever got

Dynamite - we will need scans!

Mike
    Bosox1976

@TsavoriteSam said:
    Gemint
    You were right, they didn’t like my CC. My CC was fine but they flagged the purchase attempt. Changed cards and I have my grades on the 21 1961 Topps cards,
    Grades were really good. 1-6, 2-7s, 7-8s, 9-9s and 2-10s. Can’t say I expected 2-10s but I thought a few had a shot but never expect a 10 on vintage. I’ve had a few 1966s go 10 years ago and a bunch of 68’s but these 2 are by far the 2 oldest 10’s I ever got

Congrats! Which cards did you get tens on? I got one on a 1961 Dick Schofield in my recent sub.

• 58 which says Pop 4 so now it’s 5 and #193 which is now a Pop 2

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TsavoriteSam said:

58 which says Pop 4 so now it’s 5 and #193 which is now a Pop 2

Nice. Conley is an answer to a trivia question, having won championships with the (Milwaukee) Braves and Celtics.

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

How long is Express taking these days to process an order?

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • DMasciDMasci Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

It seems like the additional graders is helping out. My recent sub arrived 7/14, moved to grading 8/1 and was moved to assembly in only 6 days on 8/7. Of course it's been sitting there for 2 weeks but at least they seem to have the grading part down.

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I just had two dual grading of autos that arrived on 7/6 and both orders hit assembly today on 8/21. I haven't had a lot of orders sit in the assembly stage but well aware that they may. These were economy orders.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2022 9:21AM

Just back from Psa. Why do we keep getting cards back with the bottom corners looking like this. Not how it was when I sent it! Had a few others in the same order come back with added damage as well. Ugh, One was a mantle I thought was a 6 and is now a 4.5

You can see from the back card was sharp and square.

• @handyman said:
    Just back from Psa. Why do we keep getting cards back with the bottom corners looking like this. Not how it was when I sent it
    You can see from the back card was sharp and square.

That is really frustrating. Do they have some kind of new automation doing the assembly that is damaging cards like this? I can't imagine humans being that careless and damaging cards like that when carefully handing cards is so key to their business.

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2022 12:11PM

To me it looks like it was feed into a machine and sucked in. Strange how its eating the top layer and not the whole corner as you can see the back is fine. So it doesnt seem dropped or dinged. But sent through something. Had a mantle get eaten in the same order and it got 1 corner and the top edge eaten. Sucks big time. I also dont think it is the assembly as the grades seem to include the damaged parts. Maris is a 5 now.

• smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, not good. I would definitely file a claim.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • NorcalNorcal Posts: 278 ✭✭✭

That is totally unacceptable from PSA. They need to make some changes or they are going to lose there reputation

• jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

My swinging sixties finally popped. Results were not too bad.
    DATE RECEIVED
    5/5/2021
    DATE SHIPPED
    8/22/2022

• All of my July quarterly promotion submissions of 20 have hit Assembly this week, with 1 popping into QA1 mid last week. Looks like they're churning through these pretty quickly.

• My second Order from March 2021 popped today. Grades almost as good as the first. No 1961 10's this time but alot of 8s and 9s. 1-7 and 1-5. Dont know what I missed on the 5, must be a wrinkle

• envoy982envoy982 Posts: 370 ✭✭✭

@skyistumbling said:
    All of my July quarterly promotion submissions of 20 have hit Assembly this week, with 1 popping into QA1 mid last week. Looks like they're churning through these pretty quickly.

These were the $18 national special? When were they entered? I have 6 subs there including two economy and 4 specials and they have been in “arrived” for 2 weeks now.

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭

My $18 National Special (20 cards) was received on 7/19 and hit QA1 on 8/5... but still sitting at QA1. Much faster than I expected.

• @skyistumbling said:
    All of my July quarterly promotion submissions of 20 have hit Assembly this week, with 1 popping into QA1 mid last week. Looks like they're churning through these pretty quickly.

are these pre or post 1996 submissions? thanks

• jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone with National subs not logged in yet I got word they should be done getting the " order reflection entry" to show by next weekend ( Labor Day weekend) on the subs so that it will show on the order status screens. The usual cause / effect of a glut of subs that came back from AC

Helpful since I have a bunch missing on my order status screens
    Sorry for a 10pm PST post, but I work graves and just read the past couple days emails

• Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@jeffv96masters said:
    Anyone with National subs not logged in yet I got word they should be done getting the " order reflection entry" to show by next weekend ( Labor Day weekend) on the subs so that it will show on the order status screens. The usual cause / effect of a glut of subs that came back from AC

Sorry for a 10pm PST post, but I work graves and just read the past couple days emails

I reached out to customer service last week in concern over a special not showing in my orders as arrived. I was told to email them back this Friday if it still wasn't there. The annoying part is that an economy order in the same box (delivered Aug 2) is showing as arrived and is already in grading. A Special received 2 weeks after that even shows as arrived Aug 15. These were not submitted at the National, but rather are the $18 mail-in deals.

• @beachbumcollecting said:

@skyistumbling said:

Post 1996

@Jayman1982 said:

@jeffv96masters said:

I reached out to customer service last week in concern over a special not showing in my orders as arrived. I was told to email them back this Friday if it still wasn't there. The annoying part is that an economy order in the same box (delivered Aug 2) is showing as arrived and is already in grading. A Special received 2 weeks after that even shows as arrived Aug 15. These were not submitted at the National, but rather are the $18 mail-in deals.

One of my larger submissions for the special that arrive on August 2nd isn't showing in as well. 60 cards, still waiting for a support response. I think they got hammered at the end of the month.

• empigtvempigtv Posts: 58 ✭✭

Does anyone else have 2021 vintage order that is still in grading? My order mailed 3/21 and logged 5/4/21 has been in grading for like 6 months. I'm beginning to think I might be the literal last order in the backlog. I'm also beginning to wonder how many cards PSA ends up owning because people literally die while waiting 1.5 years for their cards to be graded and returned. It has to be a consequential number of cards.

• downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

@jayhawke said:
    My swinging sixties finally popped. Results were not too bad.
    DATE RECEIVED
    5/5/2021
    DATE SHIPPED
    8/22/2022

@empigtv said:
    Does anyone else have 2021 vintage order that is still in grading? My order mailed 3/21 and logged 5/4/21 has been in grading for like 6 months. I'm beginning to think I might be the literal last order in the backlog. I'm also beginning to wonder how many cards PSA ends up owning because people literally die while waiting 1.5 years for their cards to be graded and returned. It has to be a consequential number of cards.

My 2 orders entered 5/10 and 5/11/2021 are still in Q4

I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@skyistumbling said:

@skyistumbling said:

Post 1996

@Jayman1982 said:

@jeffv96masters said:

One of my larger submissions for the special that arrive on August 2nd isn't showing in as well. 60 cards, still waiting for a support response. I think they got hammered at the end of the month.

I don't even know why I'm surprised by how orders are handled there anymore. It just doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies when I see orders that arrived two weeks later show up in the my account before this one. Good to know others are in the same boat, that likely means they are sitting in a big unprocessed pile still.

• @skyistumbling said:

@skyistumbling said:

Post 1996

This seems to make sense. They have an abundance of new graders who are qualified for modern cards. Also, it appears that the bulk of what's left of the backlog that is currently getting cleared is vintage

@skyistumbling said:

I think you're right.

I sent two in last month for the special. The first arrived on the 22nd and has been in grading for about 2 weeks. The other arrived on the 29th, has been in Research almost from the beginning but they don't even show a list of cards when you click on the order number.