Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grade Poppage Thread (Through-Date Estimation)

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

@Kepper19 said:

@BBBrkrr said:

@Statman said:
    I get less and less excited to get my 15 month sub back every day. I have been at Q2 for almost a week, which makes it even more agonizing, but I just feel like it is going to be a bunch of 7s, 8s and 9s on a bunch of 90's basketball. Even 9s were ok 15 months ago, but now..... It just feels like a long wait for meh...definitely has lost its luster waiting for it.

I will be in Assembly for 2 months on July 4th! That doesn't make me happy to see you've been in Q2 for that long. That means I probably won't see the order until August. Brilliant.

I'm on the same page as you though. I almost don't even want to see the grades at this point after some of the other Vintage I've been getting back since this spring. All mine are 81T with a few other Ryan and Hendersons from the early 80s. It just feels like a setup for a bunch of terrible grades that I waited 1.5 years for.

I'd be prepared to see mostly 7s and 8s on 1981 Topps

Ouch ! 122 items (all 81 Topps Bsb) 2 - 10s, 54- 9's, 4 - N6

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭✭

The suspense is killing me. Still waiting on an economy order DATE RECEIVED
    3/16/2022 that has been in Assembly for about a month. Some big cards for me in here and was really hoping to have this back already.

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bosox1976 said:
    I have a 4/30/2021 Value Modern that was in Grading for months move into Assembly last weekend. Still languishing there.

So got poppage last night. 35 cherry picked 80’s cards from a dozen very fresh sets. Only about 50% graded 8 or above. Meh. No 10’s. 6 weeks in assembly and QA.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2022 8:38AM

50% graded less than 8? 6-7s?
    Ouch
    I’m sorry man

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

value modern sub that arrived on 3/22/21 and entered on 4/30/21 hit grading stage today

pop goes the weasel. soup to nuts is gonna be about 16 months. usually i'm euphoric when i receive the grades-are-in email, but this time i was ambushed by a giant wave of trepidation. i honestly can't bear to look. gonna postpone the grand reveal until they arrive so i can launch them like hand grenades one by one.

• Options
    TronTron Posts: 64 ✭✭

I have 38 orders left...37 of them are graded and have been in assembly for at least 3 weeks up to 5 weeks for some. Not even a 1 has hit qa1. For reference, all of these orders were entered between 5/4 and 5/23 and were received in early march mainly

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 317 ✭✭✭

@Bosox1976 said:

@Bosox1976 said:
    I have a 4/30/2021 Value Modern that was in Grading for months move into Assembly last weekend. Still languishing there.

So got poppage last night. 35 cherry picked 80’s cards from a dozen very fresh sets. Only about 50% graded 8 or above. Meh. No 10’s. 6 weeks in assembly and QA.

would like to see some front and backs of some of the 7s and lower when you get them back

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

My Economy sub just popped... OUCH!

Shipped: 05/04/22
    Delivered: 05/06/22
    Logged: 05/10/22
    Research & ID: 05/11/22
    Grading: 05/17/22
    Assembly: 06/29/22
    QA1: 06/30/22
    QA2: 06/30/22
    Poppage: 07/06/22

I expected an 8 for the Manning, it just needed a new home. Manning was cracked out of an obsolete "Final Authority" Mint 9 slab. Anything higher than an 8 would have been a bonus.

There's no way I would have sent the Melo or Albies had they even looked like an 8. Both cards were solid under my loupe. Ugh... kick in the nuts. Lesson learned.

Very happy with the turnaround, but this lesson will make me lighten my stack of Value Tier cards heading out later this month.

• Options

17 months in. No grades. PSA has lost my business. It is evident that new ownership doesn't care about old school collectors.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭

@bombdropper said:
    17 months in. No grades. PSA has lost my business. It is evident that new ownership doesn't care about old school collectors.

what did you send ?

• Options

@lawyer05 said:

@bombdropper said:

what did you send ?

Mostly 1976 and 1977 Topps. Nothing crazy. This is absurd. I got banned on this board by Todd for calling out Nate Turner. I have been a member since 2002. CSG is my new home. PSA is completely biased and overrated.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bombdropper said:

Mine have been in assembly since May 4th. No end in sight.

They’ve been warned about all this by a lot of folks but don’t seem interested. Other companies are coming for them but they don’t seem concerned. That has always ended well 😂

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just had my value vintage order that arrived 3/4/21 and logged 4/15/21 enter the assembly phase.

• Options

@maddux69 said:
    Just had my value vintage order that arrived 3/4/21 and logged 4/15/21 enter the assembly phase.

That is unacceptable.

• Options

@bombdropper said:

@maddux69 said:

That is unacceptable.

welcome to the forum

• Options

Stats
    You got me beat , mine are 3/11/21 still in grading since last October

• Options

@maddux69 said:

After seeing all the horror stories, it spent two days in assembly and now in QA1

• Options

Same song.
    Meh

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:

@maddux69 said:

After seeing all the horror stories, it spent two days in assembly and now in QA1

Good luck!!!

After the long wait…. I hope it meets your expectations!!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

I had some value modern pop last night. 7 - 10’s out of 113 cards. The worst part was 23 cards came back graded 7 or lower. For some perspective, I had 23 graded 7 or lower in a 185 card sub and around half of those were stickers that I was expecting 7 or lower anyway. I also had 6 graded 7 or less on a 65 card sub and expected a few on that sub as well. I definitely don’t mind getting a few 7’s or lower as there are things I miss. Is there any point on contacting them before they ship these cards? I still have 2 value vintage to go from the great backlog.

• Options

@shawther said:
    I had some value modern pop last night. 7 - 10’s out of 113 cards. The worst part was 23 cards came back graded 7 or lower. For some perspective, I had 23 graded 7 or lower in a 185 card sub and around half of those were stickers that I was expecting 7 or lower anyway. I also had 6 graded 7 or less on a 65 card sub and expected a few on that sub as well. I definitely don’t mind getting a few 7’s or lower as there are things I miss. Is there any point on contacting them before they ship these cards? I still have 2 value vintage to go from the great backlog.

It does seem like they are more free with 7s and 6s lately and that is a bit frustrating. Always happier with 9s or 10s but usually satisfied at 8 and up for items going into my sets that are self-subbed..

• Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

I have 2 subs under swinging sixties that are at 14 months. Stage 4

I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I had my first of 7 orders pending since last April reach Assembly today. I guess I'm still in for a few months of waiting until it hits QA. All that time to bite my nails worrying about the grades and damage during slabbing. :/

• Options
    MarshallFaulk28MarshallFaulk28 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

My $30 Economy order I submitted that's supposed to be processed after the backlog is finished just reached the grading stage. It's not off to a good start. Out of 22 cards in the order, I had to submit error reports for 2 of them, and one of my cards got a mysterious 'NO GRADE, NO CHARGE'. I've e-mailed them about that one.

Pretty sloppy errors if you ask me. The had the wrong player on the two I submitted, and one had the wrong number to go along with it.

• Options

Value Vintage
    Arrived: 3/4/21
    Entered: 4/15/21
    Grading: No freakin idea
    Assembly: 7/7/22
    QA1: 7/9/22
    QA2: 7/13/22
    Shipped: ???

Maybe they are tying up loose ends before the National?

• Options
    TronTron Posts: 64 ✭✭

30= orders...all have been in assembly for anywhere between 5-8 weeks. Out of that many orders i can understand a few of them not making it out of assembly but it's almost malicious having all of them go through yet another week still in assembly. They're so eager to take in $18 subs when all they have to do is process my $20 subs that have already been graded. Just lacks a bit of logic , at this point I'm numb to the wait time considering it's 16-18 months already...what's another half dozen weeks or so

• Options

@gemint said:
    Well, I had my first of 7 orders pending since last April reach Assembly today. I guess I'm still in for a few months of waiting until it hits QA. All that time to bite my nails worrying about the grades and damage during slabbing. :/

The majority of my April orders are finalizing in QA2 and completed stage this week. Alot of progress made on my orders but grades were all disappointing. Not looking good for anything pre89 moving forward. :(

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options

@ldferg said:

@gemint said:

The majority of my April orders are finalizing in QA2 and completed stage this week. Alot of progress made on my orders but grades were all disappointing. Not looking good for anything pre89 moving forward. :(

Sorry to hear that. The order I have in assembly is mostly 1970s cards. When the grades pop, I'll calculate the grade distribution of the order and compare it to past bulk orders. I scrutinize my cards even more closely these days than I did in the past and I'll probably still end up with a poorer grading distribution than the previous orders.

• Options
    SoonerificSoonerific Posts: 68 ✭✭

I have a 34 card economy order that arrived 3/18/22, entered 3/24/22, and has been stuck in QA2 since 6/23. Called today since it's been in QA2 for 3 weeks and asked if there was an issue, like a label or holder that needed to be addressed. Was told no issues in the notes for the order and everything was fine. Told the 3 week delay in QA2 was "normal" and happens from time to time. Told the rep I had another order sent at the same time at the same service level that was tracking behind this one, but zipped right passed it and shipped 2 weeks ago. I asked if the rep if they could highlight or flag the order number to be pushed through since 3 weeks in QA2 is entirely too long to review labels, holders, and ship out unless there was an issue. Was told to be patient and call back in a week if it still hadn't shipped and they would reach out to that department at that time to check on the order. I know it's not the customer service rep's fault, but they could at least make an inquiry instead of saying call back in a week if it doesn't ship. Maybe it pops today or tomorrow. If not I will be calling again Monday.

• Options

@Soonerific said:
    I have a 34 card economy order that arrived 3/18/22, entered 3/24/22, and has been stuck in QA2 since 6/23. Called today since it's been in QA2 for 3 weeks and asked if there was an issue, like a label or holder that needed to be addressed. Was told no issues in the notes for the order and everything was fine. Told the 3 week delay in QA2 was "normal" and happens from time to time. Told the rep I had another order sent at the same time at the same service level that was tracking behind this one, but zipped right passed it and shipped 2 weeks ago. I asked if the rep if they could highlight or flag the order number to be pushed through since 3 weeks in QA2 is entirely too long to review labels, holders, and ship out unless there was an issue. Was told to be patient and call back in a week if it still hadn't shipped and they would reach out to that department at that time to check on the order. I know it's not the customer service rep's fault, but they could at least make an inquiry instead of saying call back in a week if it doesn't ship. Maybe it pops today or tomorrow. If not I will be calling again Monday.

QA2 for 2 months

• Options

QA2 ,,,like what else you have to look at........

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

@lawyer05 said:

I'm thinking they are grading so many cards that they run out of holders all the time. It had been said that the backlog is basically all graded....so what could possibly be the hold up???

• Options

@Soonerific said:

You sent these in March. Were these $50 per card??

• Options

@Mickey71 said:

@lawyer05 said:

I'm thinking they are grading so many cards that they run out of holders all the time. It had been said that the backlog is basically all graded....so what could possibly be the hold up???

Not sure about running out of holders, but at QA@ they were put in holders weeks ago.

• Options

You sent these in March. Were these $50 per card??

Actually they are dual grade so $60 per card. I will be fine if the results fall how I feel they should. A big chunk are high end vintage HOFers. If I get killed though like I've seen on a lot of vintage lately, I will not be sending my $36 per card batch that I have set aside until the prices come down again.

• Options

@lawyer05 said:
    QA2 for 2 months

Wow! Have you called customer service? Did they give you any reason for 2 months in QA2? That's unreal.

• Options

entered 3/24?!?! Didn't take them long to blow right past estimate of 90 days. i feel dumb for being shocked that they already can't hit their estimates.

• Options
    edited July 14, 2022 2:04PM

Well my fear how they would grade my 1970-1971 Supers was correct. Before I would get 8-9s. Now 5-6s. Cards were amazing. Will break them out and put them back in the sets.
    I'm Sad

• Options

@handyman said:
    Well my fear how they would grade my 1970-1971 Supers was correct. Before I would get 8-9s. Now 5-6s. Cards were amazing. Will break them out and put them back in the sets.
    I'm Sad

That's been my experience all year on the 70s submittals I've done for baseball and football. The few 9s I got were all early 80s, but nothing in the 70s has been a 9.

• Options

Value Vintage
    Arrived: 3/4/21
    Entered: 4/15/21
    Grading: No freakin idea
    Assembly: 7/7/22
    QA1: 7/9/22
    QA2: 7/13/22
    Grades Posted: 3AM 7/15/22
    Shipped: 7/15/22

Grades were about one grade lower across the board. Most were low grade stars and semi stars that were borderline gradeable to begin with, but decided to go ahead and send in since the price point will never be seen again.

• Options

@bombdropper said:

@maddux69 said:

That is unacceptable.

welcome to the forum> @handyman said:

I'm Sad

I would assume that they aren't giving cards form the 70s to the newer graders, so have the more experienced/older graders just gotten that much tougher? Were they told to get tougher on older cards? It just isn't making any sense how so many people are experiencing such a big decline on their vintage results

• Options

@Kepper19 said:

@bombdropper said:

@maddux69 said:

That is unacceptable.

welcome to the forum> @handyman said:

I'm Sad

I would assume that they aren't giving cards form the 70s to the newer graders, so have the more experienced/older graders just gotten that much tougher? Were they told to get tougher on older cards? It just isn't making any sense how so many people are experiencing such a big decline on their vintage results

They appear to now be using the same grading standards with vintage as they do for modern. Cards produced pre89 were done so with different technology, color and cardstock. It’s like apples and oranges.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 599 ✭✭✭✭

I am down to just FIVE older personal orders and if you pay close attention you'll notice patterns and I'll leave it at that

OLDER STUFF
    ===========

job id / sub number / arrived date / entered date / shipped date / status / amount / type of sub

22298656 10637986 03/30/21 05/06/21 N/A See Details 11 Value Modern (1972- 2017)
    22298638 10637943 03/30/21 05/06/21 N/A See Details 29 Value Vintage Deal (1971-)
    22263108 10562584 03/11/21 04/22/21 N/A See Details 20 Value Modern (1972- 2017)
    22263092 10557401 03/11/21 04/22/21 N/A See Details 21 Value Modern (1972- 2017)
    22249816 10577070 03/05/21 04/19/21 N/A See Details 30 Value Vintage Deal (1971-)

Two vintage specials/deals = and two were during the very end of FEB arrivals where it took them 5-7 days to pick them up after overwhelming that PO office right as the price changes happened- so they were the cheapest moderns
    The two oldest Modern had LABEL issues that took 7 months in Grading for them to peak at
    Hoping those two pop soon they have lots of unique items of mine on them

NEWER STUFF
    ==============

22692016 10863145 05/31/22 06/02/22 N/A Receive Hold 1 CRC
    22687798 10860782 05/25/22 05/27/22 N/A Receive Hold 1 CRC
    22737838 10904151 07/11/22 07/14/22 N/A See Details 20 Value Special (1996-Present)
    22736121 10903978 07/11/22 07/13/22 N/A See Details 1 CRC
    Three newbie subs are CRC where they damaged stuff.
    I am being kind here- let's just say they damaged a lot more than this
    I just decided on those 3 I'd seen enough mishandling to warrant the claims being filed
    When its Tom Brady stuff that I valued highly- yeah- not gonna sit still

I started a Brady sub the minute I heard about that National special so that one left right away
    Getting more picked out as we speak . Finances being tight wont be as much as I'd like as right now nothing but resale has been going in. Only two registry cards submitted in the last 18 months

Honestly saying that is sad. Very sad :disappointed::tired_face:

• Options

@Soonerific said:

@Mickey71 said:

@lawyer05 said:

Not sure about running out of holders, but at QA@ they were put in holders weeks ago.

I'm not sure about this. Seems like a lot of things happen differently from what are supposed to happen

• Options
    StatsGuyStatsGuy Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

@Mickey71 said:

@Soonerific said:

@Mickey71 said:

@lawyer05 said:

I'm not sure about this. Seems like a lot of things happen differently from what are supposed to happen

I thought of that too (running out of holders) as subs are stuck in assembly 2-3 months

Gretzky,Ripken, and Sandberg collection. Still trying to complete 1975 Topps baseball set from when I was a kid.

• Options
    edited July 19, 2022 11:40AM

After 4 months my Economy order hit QA2. Hopefully this week.

• Options

At what point do people receive upcharge emails? Is it when it hits QA2 or after it passes through? I have an order that just hit QA2. Are they 100% thorough in their upcharges? Meaning if you don't get contacted, you have no significant value bumps? In the past, it's been hit or miss in flagging items for upcharges.

• Options

@gemint said:
    At what point do people receive upcharge emails? Is it when it hits QA2 or after it passes through? I have an order that just hit QA2. Are they 100% thorough in their upcharges? Meaning if you don't get contacted, you have no significant value bumps? In the past, it's been hit or miss in flagging items for upcharges.

I've always gotten them after QA2, and right before they mail them out. I always pay, and it seems like a fair system.

• Options
    StatsGuyStatsGuy Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

Well here's a first. My sub was in assembly for around 2 months. Yesterday "no stage" was listed when I clicked on my order. Today it's in shipping and I got a message, "grades are ready." (What happened to Q1 & Q2??) Last sub-- vintage. Again I'll wait for the reveal, when they arrive.

Gretzky,Ripken, and Sandberg collection. Still trying to complete 1975 Topps baseball set from when I was a kid.

• Options
    dmg111dmg111 Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

Small economy order just popped this morning

TOTAL ITEMS
    DATE RECEIVED
    5/31/2022
    DATE SHIPPED
    N/A
    Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
    1 1 66063476 GEM MINT 10 1992 Spider-Man the McFarlane Era P-4 Impact Prism Card
    2 1 66063477 MINT 9 2003 Upper Deck Lego Sports 2 Ray Allen Gold Card