Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grade Poppage Thread (Through-Date Estimation)

Comments

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UlyssesExtravaganza said:
    Or maybe I just need to never submit another 1984 Topps Nestle card or anything 95 or earlier again. Definitely am feeling some modern love here so maybe there is a little room to continue in that direction. Funny to say I feel good about Bigfoot. I might have overpaid on the fee but love that Ja too. Thought it was lost in the mail after purchasing on eBay and then one day like half a year later there it was.

I only submit 85 and older, and am mostly done with any of that. I have a bunch built up over the shutdown, and then that's that. PSA has effectively fired this customer.

I will NEVER submit anything at $30/card again, because it seems the best you should expect is an 8 with an occasional 9 on those years. That's very tough to make work financially if you're chasing packs, etc... It's even tough at $18/card.

I also only buy graded now because at least I know what the grade is.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭

@shawther said:
    I may just keep my cards raw after the last 2 submissions. Can’t find myself just buying graded either. Not sure that I want to keep supporting such an inconsistent method of grading. Also bothers me that their is no way to give any input. I feel that complaints would just fall upon deaf ears. How do they actually know if every grader is using the same standards. I think most agree that only one grader sees each card.

I was "selected" to take part in an anonymous survey this past month. The last part of the survey was a blank screen to give input or whatever. I wrote a nice long page about how I didn't care about the turn around times, or the costs so much as a reason to not submit, but my issue as to why I stopped submitting was the inconsistency issue with vintage that has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum and with my own experiences. Figured that was my shot that those comments would actually get read and passed on, so I took it.

• Options
    UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭

Is it even possible to ask for your cards back? I submitted 145 at $18 for 95 and earlier. Its at level 3 Research. Just felt like at that price it was a value but not sure its worth taking the chance that one of these tons of people they hired that like to grade cards 2 or 3 grades lower gets their hands on it. Felt like at $50 a card I might have gotten one of the better more experienced graders but it was a bad gamble. I am hoping that now that they divided it up between 95 and earlier and 96 to current, the people on 95 and earlier know how to grade older cards the way they have been graded in the past. But probably not worth taking that chance. I could maybe throw 20 out there here and there to test the waters if there was a special. If the first sub is bad, just close the book on that idea. Have some modern stuff there that I would probably just want to let play out.

• Options
    shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2022 7:40PM

@BBBrkrr

Unfortunately you don’t know if the graded 7 card you are buying is a 7 or a 5 or it could even be an 8. That also still drives up the price of PSA graded cards. As a collector, I also don’t like how you you can submit cards through Golden Auctions to be graded through PSA and sold at auction. That seems pretty shady to me. I would guess that those cards may get a bump in the opposite direction that most of ours have gotten. May not happen but the fact it’s a possibility makes me feel uneasy.

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 317 ✭✭✭

@BBBrkrr said:

Or maybe I just need to never submit another 1984 Topps Nestle card or anything 95 or earlier again. Definitely am feeling some modern love here so maybe there is a little room to continue in that direction. Funny to say I feel good about Bigfoot. I might have overpaid on the fee but love that Ja too. Thought it was lost in the mail after purchasing on eBay and then one day like half a year later there it was.

I only submit 85 and older, and am mostly done with any of that. I have a bunch built up over the shutdown, and then that's that. PSA has effectively fired this customer.

I will NEVER submit anything at $30/card again, because it seems the best you should expect is an 8 with an occasional 9 on those years. That's very tough to make work financially if you're chasing packs, etc... It's even tough at $18/card.

just be careful when "buying the grade" -- no matter the company doing the grading, cards get graded incorrectly or get holdered with damage, etc...buy the card and not so much the holder

• Options

@Kepper19 said:

@BBBrkrr said:

just be careful when "buying the grade" -- no matter the company doing the grading, cards get graded incorrectly or get holdered with damage, etc...buy the card and not so much the holder

Oh, I get it, but it's still a more definitive condition than trying to determine raw at this point.

• Options
    MarshallFaulk28MarshallFaulk28 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

I just had a Value order hit Assembly today. They must be doing well on the backlog because I thought these were supposed to only be completed when that was done. Maybe it will sit in Assembly or QA for a while.

Arrived - June 24
    Processing Started - June 30
    Grading Started - July 13
    Assembly - August 3

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭

@MarshallFaulk28 said:
    I just had a Value order hit Assembly today. They must be doing well on the backlog because I thought these were supposed to only be completed when that was done. Maybe it will sit in Assembly or QA for a while.

Arrived - June 24
    Assembly - August 3

I see I'm not the only one wondering what logic is being used internally

I sent someone internally a short email. Asking what the logic is behind your statement ( and my own experiences) , and WHO internally bears responsibility for understanding order processing flows, how to determine bottlenecks, and how to fix them so business runs smoother. So that they don't pop orders from 10 minutes ago for customers and - oh I don't know- concentrate on getting them back their 16 month old subs ??

Let's just say the person I contacted has been very helpful in hooking me up professionally with appropriate internal staff so we can work together and resolve customer based issues such as this

Order 1 below- mailed Feb 2021, entered April 2021-- cost $15
    Order 2 below- mailed July 2022, entered July 2022 3 days after receipt- cost $18
    Just so the backgrounds understood

>

>

• Options

@jeffv96masters said:

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

Arrived - June 24
    Assembly - August 3

I see I'm not the only one wondering what logic is being used internally

I sent someone internally a short email. Asking what the logic is behind your statement ( and my own experiences) , and WHO internally bears responsibility for understanding order processing flows, how to determine bottlenecks, and how to fix them so business runs smoother. So that they don't pop orders from 10 minutes ago for customers and - oh I don't know- concentrate on getting them back their 16 month old subs ??

Let's just say the person I contacted has been very helpful in hooking me up professionally with appropriate internal staff so we can work together and resolve customer based issues such as this

Order 1 below- mailed Feb 2021, entered April 2021-- cost $15
    Order 2 below- mailed July 2022, entered July 2022 3 days after receipt- cost $18
    Just so the backgrounds understood

>

>

Wow, yours is even a Special that has reached Assembly already?

Please do share if you learn anything from your contact. I’d be very interested how they explain things. I totally get if someone is paying for the premium, very costly service levels and get their cards back quickly. Even the $50 service. However, if we’re seeing new value orders and specials breeze past the remaining backlog, something is not right there operationally.

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

Wow, yours is even a Special that has reached Assembly already?

Please do share if you learn anything from your contact. I’d be very interested how they explain things. I totally get if someone is paying for the premium, very costly service levels and get their cards back quickly. Even the $50 service. However, if we’re seeing new value orders and specials breeze past the remaining backlog, something is not right there operationally.

I too had a $30 Value go in to Assembly a couple weeks ago, but to see an $18 special do it with a 150 turnaround time is just bananas

• Options

I have a $30 order that's been in Grading for about a month, and an $18 order already in Research that was opened on the 29th. Go figure. I'm sure there's some logic to it all.

• Options
    Geoff76Geoff76 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2022 7:05AM

Is anyone else waiting on an Economy ($50) submission? Estimated 75-90 day turnaround. Mine was entered 86 days ago and it still isn't out of grading. Only one card. I was interested to hear others' experience with that submission level.

• Options

@Geoff76 said:
    Is anyone else waiting on an Economy ($50) submission? Estimated 75-90 day turnaround. Mine was entered 86 days ago and it still isn't out of grading. Only one card. I was interested to hear others' experience with that submission level.

Wow, that should have done by now. I did 2 Economy orders earlier in the year (5 cards each), and they breezed through in like 1-2 months. I haven't done any recently, but I would have thought they'd still be maintaining the same speed. Anything unique about the card you're grading?

• Options

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

@Geoff76 said:

Wow, that should have done by now. I did 2 Economy orders earlier in the year (5 cards each), and they breezed through in like 1-2 months. I haven't done any recently, but I would have thought they'd still be maintaining the same speed. Anything unique about the card you're grading?

It's a dual auto/card grade but otherwise, no. I figured with it being a single card it wouldn't take too long. Oh well.

• Options

@Geoff76 said:

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

@Geoff76 said:

It's a dual auto/card grade but otherwise, no. I figured with it being a single card it wouldn't take too long. Oh well.

Yeah, 1 single card... that should be a low hanging fruit for them to grade and complete quickly. I think the dual grade does take a bit longer, so maybe yours will be completed very soon.

• Options

@Geoff76 said:

You are not alone.

I still have 1 (of 2) at the $30 rate that's still in Grading. They were both sent within a day or two of each other, and I've had the other back for 2 or 3 weeks. This one stuck was the later one received too. Not sure what's going on with it, but it's just stuck there. Only 21 cards too.

Don't even get me started on my Value received in April, 2021, that hit its 3 month anniversary in Assembly on Thursday!

• Options

@BBBrkrr said:

@Geoff76 said:

You are not alone.

I still have 1 (of 2) at the $30 rate that's still in Grading. They were both sent within a day or two of each other, and I've had the other back for 2 or 3 weeks. This one stuck was the later one received too. Not sure what's going on with it, but it's just stuck there. Only 21 cards too.

Don't even get me started on my Value received in April, 2021, that hit its 3 month anniversary in Assembly on Thursday!

Brutal. Three months in assembly? Wow.

On a positive note, my economy just moved into Assembly today. I should have complained on this board earlier! :)

• Options

One of my two just went to Assembly after 16+ months. The other is still in 4 , same amount of time at PSA.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had the first of my vintage orders reach assembly. Shipped on 3/31/21, received on 4/29/21. I still have a modern crossover order that's been in assembly for over a month.

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭

Arrived Entered Completed
    03/09/21 04/19/21 8/8/22

Vintage submission and it’s about what I expected.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jayhawke said:
    03/09/21 04/19/21 8/8/22

Great! How long did it take to go from assembly to shipped?

• Options

@gemint said:

@jayhawke said:
    03/09/21 04/19/21 8/8/22

Great! How long did it take to go from assembly to shipped?

I think it was 3 calendar days and that included the weekend.

• Options

@jayhawke said:
    03/09/21 04/19/21 8/8/22

How long through Assembly? Mine arrived on the 03/03 and entered 04/19 and I'm still waiting.

• Options

@BBBrkrr said:

@jayhawke said:
    03/09/21 04/19/21 8/8/22

How long through Assembly? Mine arrived on the 03/03 and entered 04/19 and I'm still waiting.

It was in Assembly a few weeks.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭✭

@jayhawke said:

@BBBrkrr said:

@jayhawke said:
    03/09/21 04/19/21 8/8/22

I'm so confused..............How long in Assembly? 3 calendar days or a few weeks?

• Options

@Mickey71 said:

@jayhawke said:

@BBBrkrr said:

@jayhawke said:
    03/09/21 04/19/21 8/8/22

I'm so confused..............How long in Assembly? 3 calendar days or a few weeks?

I apologize if it wasn’t clear. In assembly a few weeks and then QA1/QA 2 for a few days.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I was in assembly for just over a day but now I am in QA1. I hope i continue to move along. They used to breeze through this stage and I hope to see the day that it returns to that.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    TsavoriteSamTsavoriteSam Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited August 10, 2022 5:02AM

One of mine went to QA1 in 2-3 days, unfortunately the second that was entered the same day 3/15/21 is still in 4

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had a pop today from the backlog era - TCG special.... was only in assembly for two weeks... grades about 1 grade lower than expected across the board, which is an improvement from my last few baseball orders.

TOTAL ITEMS
    DATE RECEIVED
    4/30/2021
    DATE SHIPPED
    N/A
    Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
    1 1 61430793 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Game 7 Hitmonchan-Holo Card
    2 1 61430794 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Game 12 Ninetales-Holo Card
    3 1 61430795 NEAR MINT 7 1999 Pokemon Game 9 Magneton-Holo Card
    4 1 61430796 MINT 9 1999 Pokemon Game 46 Charmander Card
    5 1 61430797 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Game 8 Machamp-Holo 1st Edition Card
    6 1 61430798 NEAR MINT 7 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 9 Magneton-Holo Card
    7 1 61430799 NEAR MINT 7 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 9 Magneton-Holo Card
    8 1 61430800 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 6 Clefairy-Holo Card
    9 1 61430801 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 8 Hitmonchan-Holo Card
    10 1 61430802 NEAR MINT 7 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 8 Hitmonchan-Holo Card
    11 1 61430803 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 15 Poliwrath-Holo Card
    12 1 61430804 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 7 Gyarados-Holo Card
    13 1 61430805 NEAR MINT 7 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 9 Magneton-Holo Card
    14 1 61430806 MINT 9 2000 Pokemon Gym Challenge 110 Sabrina 1st Edition Card
    15 1 61430807 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Gym Challenge 10 Koga's Ditto Holo Card
    16 1 61430808 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Neo Genesis 13 Skarmory-Holo Card
    17 1 61430809 MINT 9 2002 Pokemon Neo Destiny 24 Light Ledian 1st Edition Card
    18 1 61430810 MINT 9 2002 Pokemon Neo Destiny 24 Light Ledian 1st Edition Card
    19 1 61430811 MINT 9 2002 Pokemon Neo Destiny 20 Dark Slowking 1st Edition Card
    20 1 61430812 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Fossil 13 Muk-Holo Card
    21 1 61430813 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Fossil 6 Haunter-Holo Card
    22 1 61430814 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Fossil 13 Muk-Holo Card
    23 1 61430815 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Fossil 10 Lapras-Holo Card
    24 1 61430816 NEAR MINT 7 1999 Pokemon Jungle 6 Mr. Mime-Holo Card
    25 1 61430817 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Jungle 6 Mr. Mime-Holo No Symbol Card
    26 1 61430818 NEAR MINT 7 1999 Pokemon Jungle 12 Vaporeon-Holo Card
    27 1 61430819 NEAR MINT 7 1999 Pokemon Jungle 12 Vaporeon-Holo Card
    28 1 61430820 MINT 9 2000 Pokemon Japanese Neo 230 Kingdra-Holo Card
    29 1 61430821 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Rocket 14 Dark Weezing-Holo Card
    30 1 61430822 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2001 Pokemon Neo Discovery 2 Forretress-Holo Card
    31 1 61430823 MINT 9 2001 Pokemon Neo Discovery 21 Forretress 1st Edition Card
    32 1 61430824 MINT 9 2001 Pokemon Neo Discovery 30 Smeargle 1st Edition Card
    33 1 61430825 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Gym Heroes 34 Sabrina's Venomoth 1st Edition Card
    34 1 61430826 NEAR MINT 7 2003 Pokemon Aquapolis 124 Grass Cube 01 Reverse Foil Card

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

@Bosox1976 said:
    Had a pop today from the backlog era - TCG special.... was only in assembly for two weeks... grades about 1 grade lower than expected across the board, which is an improvement from my last few baseball orders.

TOTAL ITEMS
    DATE RECEIVED
    4/30/2021
    DATE SHIPPED
    N/A
    1 1 61430793 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Game 7 Hitmonchan-Holo Card
    2 1 61430794 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Game 12 Ninetales-Holo Card
    3 1 61430795 NEAR MINT 7 1999 Pokemon Game 9 Magneton-Holo Card
    4 1 61430796 MINT 9 1999 Pokemon Game 46 Charmander Card
    5 1 61430797 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Game 8 Machamp-Holo 1st Edition Card
    6 1 61430798 NEAR MINT 7 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 9 Magneton-Holo Card
    7 1 61430799 NEAR MINT 7 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 9 Magneton-Holo Card
    8 1 61430800 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 6 Clefairy-Holo Card
    9 1 61430801 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 8 Hitmonchan-Holo Card
    10 1 61430802 NEAR MINT 7 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 8 Hitmonchan-Holo Card
    11 1 61430803 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 15 Poliwrath-Holo Card
    12 1 61430804 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 7 Gyarados-Holo Card
    13 1 61430805 NEAR MINT 7 2000 Pokemon Game Base II 9 Magneton-Holo Card
    14 1 61430806 MINT 9 2000 Pokemon Gym Challenge 110 Sabrina 1st Edition Card
    15 1 61430807 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Gym Challenge 10 Koga's Ditto Holo Card
    16 1 61430808 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Neo Genesis 13 Skarmory-Holo Card
    17 1 61430809 MINT 9 2002 Pokemon Neo Destiny 24 Light Ledian 1st Edition Card
    18 1 61430810 MINT 9 2002 Pokemon Neo Destiny 24 Light Ledian 1st Edition Card
    19 1 61430811 MINT 9 2002 Pokemon Neo Destiny 20 Dark Slowking 1st Edition Card
    20 1 61430812 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Fossil 13 Muk-Holo Card
    21 1 61430813 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Fossil 6 Haunter-Holo Card
    22 1 61430814 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Fossil 13 Muk-Holo Card
    23 1 61430815 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Fossil 10 Lapras-Holo Card
    24 1 61430816 NEAR MINT 7 1999 Pokemon Jungle 6 Mr. Mime-Holo Card
    25 1 61430817 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1999 Pokemon Jungle 6 Mr. Mime-Holo No Symbol Card
    26 1 61430818 NEAR MINT 7 1999 Pokemon Jungle 12 Vaporeon-Holo Card
    27 1 61430819 NEAR MINT 7 1999 Pokemon Jungle 12 Vaporeon-Holo Card
    28 1 61430820 MINT 9 2000 Pokemon Japanese Neo 230 Kingdra-Holo Card
    29 1 61430821 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Rocket 14 Dark Weezing-Holo Card
    30 1 61430822 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2001 Pokemon Neo Discovery 2 Forretress-Holo Card
    31 1 61430823 MINT 9 2001 Pokemon Neo Discovery 21 Forretress 1st Edition Card
    32 1 61430824 MINT 9 2001 Pokemon Neo Discovery 30 Smeargle 1st Edition Card
    33 1 61430825 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 Pokemon Gym Heroes 34 Sabrina's Venomoth 1st Edition Card
    34 1 61430826 NEAR MINT 7 2003 Pokemon Aquapolis 124 Grass Cube 01 Reverse Foil Card

Sad that 1 grade lower across the board is somehow an improvement. 🙁

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TsavoriteSam said:
    One of mine went to QA1 in 2-3 days, unfortunately the second that was entered the same day 3/15/21 is still in 4

Agreed with this. I am hoping that my couple pending orders received between January - March 2021 make it to Q2 stage soon.

• Options

Second order went to Assembly today

• Options

After a few days over 3 months in Assembly mine blazed through Q1 and into Q2 this morning. I'm expecting these back in my hands this weekend or early next week. It's a Value Vintage order that was received in April, 2021.

• Options

Has anyone submitted for autograph encapsulation only? Website had indicated a turnaround of approximately 20 business days and I’m currently “processing” now on day 30, so was curious.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭

@GoTeamGo said:
    Has anyone submitted for autograph encapsulation only? Website had indicated a turnaround of approximately 20 business days and I’m currently “processing” now on day 30, so was curious.

I sent some autographed baseballs in, received 6/28, still processing. This is the longest I think I've ever waited on the DNA side of things. It's usually only been a week or so turn around, even right before the shut down, the DNA side was very very quick. I'm guessing, they've pulled employees from this department and put them in another one to help the backlog, thus slowing it down too now.

• Options

Got my Value order shipped today. Received April, 2021 and in Assembly just a few days over 3 months.

Not a terrible run of grades. Almost all 8-9s with the occasional 5 or 6 thrown in for good luck! No 10s, and these were all 81 Topps baseball.

• Options

Must be my week - my last order from last year - Swinging Sixties special - these were all cards I had never thought were worth grading, except for the Ryan RC which was a crackout of a PSA 4. No upcharges, even for the ryan -so I can't complain. Thought it was going to be all 5's and 6's, but a few better and a few 1964 clunkers - most fairly graded batch I've had in a while.

Maybe 3 or 4 weeks in assembly/QA

TOTAL ITEMS
    DATE RECEIVED
    4/19/2021
    DATE SHIPPED
    8/11/2022
    1 1 59869945 NEAR MINT 7 1960 Topps 230 Mound Magicians Burdette/Spahn/Buhl Card
    2 1 59869946 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1960 Topps 7 Master & Mentor W.Mays/B.Rigney Card
    3 1 59869947 EXCELLENT 5 1960 Topps 316 Willie McCovey All-Star Rookie Card
    4 1 59869948 EXCELLENT 5 1960 Topps 316 Willie McCovey All-Star Rookie Card
    5 1 59869949 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT+ 4.5 1960 Topps 316 Willie McCovey All-Star Rookie Card
    6 1 59869950 EXCELLENT 5 1961 Topps 415 Hank Aaron Card
    7 1 59869951 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1961 Topps 429 Al Kaline Card
    8 1 59869952 EXCELLENT 5 1961 Topps 484 Hank Aaron MVP Card
    9 1 59869953 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1961 Topps 141 Billy Williams Card
    10 1 59869954 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1961 Topps 43 NL Home Run Leaders Card
    11 1 59869955 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1961 Topps 150 Willie Mays Card
    12 1 59869956 EXCELLENT 5 1961 Topps 475 Mickey Mantle MVP Card
    13 1 59869957 EXCELLENT 5 1961 Topps 388 Bob Clemente Card
    14 1 59869958 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1961 Topps 44 AL Home Run Leaders Card
    15 1 59869959 EXCELLENT-MINT+ 6.5 1964 Topps 550 Ken Hubbs in Memoriam Card
    16 1 59869960 EXCELLENT 5 1964 Topps 541 Braves Rookies Phil Roof/Phil Niekro Card
    17 1 59869961 NEAR MINT 7 MC 1964 Topps 423 Tops in N.L. H.Aaron/W.Mays Card
    18 1 59869962 NEAR MINT 7 1964 Topps 390 Orlando Cepeda Card
    19 1 59869963 NEAR MINT 7 1964 Topps 380 Whitey Ford Card
    20 1 N6: MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT 1964 Topps 300 Hank Aaron Card
    21 1 59869965 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1964 Topps 306 Giant Gunners Willie Mays/Orlando Cepeda Card
    22 1 N6: MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT 1964 Topps 260 Frank Robinson Card
    23 1 59869967 GOOD 2 1964 Topps 225 Roger Maris Card
    24 1 59869968 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1964 Topps 200 Sandy Koufax Card
    25 1 59869969 EXCELLENT 5 1964 Topps 50 Mickey Mantle Card
    26 1 59869970 EXCELLENT 5 1964 Topps 29 Lou Brock Card
    27 1 59869971 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1964 Topps 21 Yogi Berra Card
    28 1 59869972 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1964 Topps 541 Braves Rookies Phil Roof/Phil Niekro Card
    29 1 59869973 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1964 Topps 433 Yankees Team Card
    30 1 59869974 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1964 Topps 300 Hank Aaron Card
    31 1 59869975 EXCELLENT-MINT+ 6.5 1964 Topps 210 Carl Yastrzemski Card
    32 1 59869976 EXCELLENT 5 1964 Topps 200 Sandy Koufax Card
    33 1 59869977 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1964 Topps 150 Willie Mays Card
    34 1 59869978 EXCELLENT 5 1964 Topps 50 Mickey Mantle Card
    35 1 59869979 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1964 Topps 29 Lou Brock Card
    36 1 59869980 NEAR MINT 7 1964 Topps 175 Billy Williams Card
    37 1 59869981 VERY GOOD 3 1964 Topps 21 Yogi Berra Card
    38 1 59869982 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1964 Topps 250 Al Kaline Card
    39 1 59869983 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1964 Topps 280 Juan Marichal Card
    40 1 59869984 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1964 Topps 200 Sandy Koufax Card
    41 1 N8: MISCUT 1965 Topps 160 Bob Clemente Card
    42 1 59869986 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1965 Topps 130 Al Kaline Card
    43 1 59869987 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT+ 4.5 1965 Topps 1 A.L. Batting Leader Oliva/Robinson/Howard Card
    44 1 59869988 EXCELLENT+ 5.5 1967 Topps 103 Checklist 110-196 170 Is D. McAuliffe Card
    45 1 59869989 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1967 Topps 400 Bob Clemente Card
    46 1 59869990 NEAR MINT 7 1967 Topps 430 Pete Rose Card
    47 1 59869991 EXCELLENT 5 1967 Topps 510 Bill Mazeroski Card
    48 1 59869992 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1967 Topps 580 Rocky Colavito Card
    49 1 59869993 NEAR MINT 7 1967 Topps 500 Juan Marichal Card
    50 1 59869994 EXCELLENT 5 1967 Topps 150 Mickey Mantle Card
    51 1 59869995 NEAR MINT 7 1967 Topps 400 Bob Clemente Card
    52 1 59869996 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1967 Topps 200 Willie Mays Card
    53 1 59869997 EXCELLENT 5 1967 Topps 250 Hank Aaron Card
    54 1 59869998 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1967 Topps 285 Lou Brock Card
    55 1 59869999 NEAR MINT 7 1967 Topps 476 Tony Perez Card
    56 1 59870000 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1968 Topps 110 Hank Aaron Card
    57 1 59870001 EXCELLENT 5 1968 Topps 177 Mets Rookies J.Koosman/N.Ryan Card
    58 1 59870002 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1968 Topps 230 Pete Rose Card
    59 1 59870003 NEAR MINT 7 1968 Topps 290 Willie McCovey Card
    60 1 59870004 NEAR MINT+ 7.5 1968 Topps 390 Bill Mazeroski Card
    61 1 59870005 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1968 Topps 50 Willie Mays Card
    62 1 59870006 EXCELLENT 5 1968 Topps 85 Gaylord Perry Card
    63 1 59870007 EXCELLENT 5 1968 Topps 37 Billy Williams Card
    64 1 59870008 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 ST 1968 Topps 20 Brooks Robinson Card
    65 1 59870009 EXCELLENT 5 1969 Topps 190 Willie Mays Card
    66 1 59870010 NEAR MINT 7 1969 Topps 1 AL Batting Leaders Yastrzemski/Cater/Oliva Card

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

That's a nice list. I wish McCovey got more respect/$$ for his cards.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I had a one card regular sub go to QA2 yesterday. I hope to see my grade soon. I have no idea how long it may stay in this stage.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

My "newer" value/special orders are still pushing through the system. I just had my 2 National special orders reach the Grading stage yesterday.

My Value order entered June 30 has reached QA1.

I heard on this week's podcast that the backlog is now under 1 million cards. They again said the newer special orders will not ship before the backlog is complete, but there could be about 1 week overlap between the two as the backlog is finishing.

• Options

Just had 1 (of 2) National Special orders hit Grading today. The other is still in Arrival though. They were received one week apart.

• Options

Some updates on some stuff. My contact was apologetic regarding what I showed above ( the 300+ day sub and recent Natl being in the same status) , and I'll keep all remarks between us. Suffice to say I read between lines quite well , and he speaks a lot while saying very little. Amazingly I see stuff happening, while nothing was actually said to indicate it would happen

Yes - its unacceptable for the time out, and honestly I feel gut punched about it since it's basically been dead money for a year now . . If stuff sits out there longer than 6 months--- well, just like a companies open invoices that are 6 months old, its now dead money, and I have to make an allowance for the dead money.

Like so many others- I want my dead money stuff back , so I can zombie it , and maybe somehow recoup some DEAD cash back :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

These two 300+ business day subs went from Assembly to QA2 this week so there is hope that they will be done by Sept as expected with old business. There are more out there = just using the oldest examples on my personal account
    22263108 10562584 03/11/21 04/22/21 N/A See Details 20 Value Modern (1972- 2017)
    22263092 10557401 03/11/21 04/22/21 N/A See Details 21 Value Modern (1972- 2017)
    While this Vintage sub below is in Grading on Business Day 297 so if you have a Vintage special open still your not alone this is one of many still open. Thankfully the others I was going to post popped the last week or so ( all from early March 2021)
    22298638 10637943 03/30/21 05/06/21 N/A See Details 29 Deal ( Vintage Special)
    And my national Special first sub of course hit QA1 already while the CRC Damages subs are in process
    Not expecting the CRC to even be looked at until old business is finally done

22737838 10904151 07/11/22 07/14/22 N/A See Details 20 Value Special (1996-Present)
    22736121 10903978 07/11/22 07/13/22 N/A Receive Hold 1 CRC
    22692016 10863145 05/31/22 06/02/22 N/A Receive Hold 1 CRC
    22687798 10860782 05/25/22 05/27/22 N/A Receive Hold 1 CRC
    >
    >
    >
    Lastly- I do see a pattern that developed with subs in process that arrived between August 1st and August 6th while the majority of their team was in AC.

Normally when companies get lots of shipments they come in on a manifest inside roll away large aluminum / steel cages. You can scan the manifest, and then verify that ALL the boxes on the manifest are present. This usually updates any type of shipment receipt notifier system. Then it would just be a matter of scanning the box notifiers they have on front that update specific orders

Yet the notifiers seem to be missing on a whole bunch of days stuff
    I'm sure others are in the same boat. I let the IT specialist I deal with know ,and hopefully I'll get answers

I have more in process, but will just use those orders above as examples
    And half my Nationals subs are showing and I am missing quite a few more from the 8/01 thru 8/06 arrival dates

For example- they show my first two 8/01 subs- but are missing my other two subs ( 10950931 / 10951165)
    Yet if I scan my trace 9405511108033414142659 into the " Find my Package " says its in house. And my email says they have it- so where is it on the order status screen if all this stuff is electronic ??
    10957323 08/08/22 N/A Arrived 55 July National Special - 1996-Present; 20-Card Minimum
    10963651 08/08/22 N/A Arrived 30 July National Special - 1996-Present; 20-Card Minimum
    10963889 08/08/22 N/A Arrived 20 July National Special - 1995-Older; 20-Card Minimum
    10932200 08/01/22 N/A Arrived 20 July National Special - 1996-Present; 20-Card Minimum
    10946659 08/01/22 N/A Arrived 55 July National Special - 1996-Present; 20-Card Minimum
    22773132 10927850 07/25/22 08/03/22 N/A See Details 20 Value Special (1996-Present)
    22773029 10927939 07/25/22 08/03/22 N/A See Details 20 Value Special (1996-Present)
    22770720 10930254 07/25/22 08/02/22 N/A See Details 20 Value Special (1996-Present)
    22770701 10929476 07/25/22 08/02/22 N/A See Details 20 Value Special (1996-Present)
    22757961 10906680 07/18/22 07/27/22 N/A See Details 20 Value Special (1996-Present)

• Options

>

Not expecting the CRC to even be looked at until old business is finally done

22736121 10903978 07/11/22 07/13/22 N/A Receive Hold 1 CRC
    22692016 10863145 05/31/22 06/02/22 N/A Receive Hold 1 CRC
    22687798 10860782 05/25/22 05/27/22 N/A Receive Hold 1 CRC

>

Glad to see that I'm not alone waiting on a CRC order that, even during the middle of the backlog, was processed much faster than it has been treated in the last few months. Mine was logged May 4, still in Grading hold...

• Options

@Jayman1982 said:

Glad to see that I'm not alone waiting on a CRC order that, even during the middle of the backlog, was processed much faster than it has been treated in the last few months. Mine was logged May 4, still in Grading hold...

Just so we are on the same page- those CRC are all QA damages
    All my CRC Label corrections got done and back within 4-6 calendar weeks

• Options

@jeffv96masters said:

@Jayman1982 said:

Just so we are on the same page- those CRC are all QA damages
    All my CRC Label corrections got done and back within 4-6 calendar weeks

Yep, my damage cases are being held up much longer than anticipated.

• Options

Well that didn't take long for them to blow by the recent "estimates"...
    Economy 90 day estimate entered 5/11/22 still in QA1

• Options
    envoy982envoy982 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭

@TMad said:
    Well that didn't take long for them to blow by the recent "estimates"...
    Economy 90 day estimate entered 5/11/22 still in QA1
    you have an economy order entered 5/11 that isn’t back yet? I had one entered 5/16 that shipped on 6/30.

• Options

still waiting on orders received early February 2021, at least we can finally say " the end is near Mr. Bond"

• Options

The good, the bad, and the ugly…

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2022 8:09PM

Nice group of vintage…congrats on the Ryan crackout bump! Sharp Kaline too. Still waiting on my Swingin’ Sixties submission of 69 Deckle edge. Hopefully it will progress out of QA1 and pop soon.