Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grade Poppage Thread (Through-Date Estimation)

Comments

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

@envoy982 said:
    CRC since May? I have one I sent in October that hasn’t done anything. It is a damage research request. I have another 3 card label correction I sent in Dec. do those CRC usually take 8+ months? I probably wouldn’t have bothered if I had known that.

CRC Label corrections for me are quick turnarounds- from getting their labels to ship to PSA, to coming back to me generally takes less than 30 days total. I'll commend them on those for being quick.

It's these CRC Damage reports that are highly frustrating when they go on 6-8 months with minimal questions /no answers
    I try not to sound like I'm complaining- just my blood boils when I wait so long with no contact
    No one likes being ignored. Lets hammer out any issues and move on

Very frustrating when I wait nearly 8+ months, and why I emailed higher ups. I already just saw a solution on the July one earlier today ( a Brady that was a PSA 8 that clearly was a PSA 5 when I got it back) - let's hope communication on these MAY starts so we can all move on with resolutions and continue business

In all fairness to the researchers- they are rare cards, low numbered inserts from early 2000-2005 ranges
    There's not going to be pricing comparables, but if I list a declared value, it's generally because I've sold similar items before to player collectors, I know what they'd pay ,and what it will sell for. I have a whole bunch of regular buyers ( guys who buy year over year ) so I wish they'd ask, or just handle the damage complaint, pay the declared, fix it so it reads the correct grade now, and return it. All I have gotten on the May items are initial contact, request for pics of submission, then "nothing". They supposedly scan all cards in and all cards out. I already know that has its "limitations", and said as much in August of 2020- no one listened then. Scans can only capture so much; not even the best cameras or scanners can catch what human eyes can see. Let's talk about an equitable solution that both parties can live with and move on

My "opinion" of course
    Jeff

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@jeffv96masters said:

@envoy982 said:
    CRC since May? I have one I sent in October that hasn’t done anything. It is a damage research request. I have another 3 card label correction I sent in Dec. do those CRC usually take 8+ months? I probably wouldn’t have bothered if I had known that.

CRC Label corrections for me are quick turnarounds- from getting their labels to ship to PSA, to coming back to me generally takes less than 30 days total. I'll commend them on those for being quick.

It's these CRC Damage reports that are highly frustrating when they go on 6-8 months with minimal questions /no answers
    I try not to sound like I'm complaining- just my blood boils when I wait so long with no contact
    No one likes being ignored. Lets hammer out any issues and move on

Very frustrating when I wait nearly 8+ months, and why I emailed higher ups. I already just saw a solution on the July one earlier today ( a Brady that was a PSA 8 that clearly was a PSA 5 when I got it back) - let's hope communication on these MAY starts so we can all move on with resolutions and continue business

In all fairness to the researchers- they are rare cards, low numbered inserts from early 2000-2005 ranges
    There's not going to be pricing comparables, but if I list a declared value, it's generally because I've sold similar items before to player collectors, I know what they'd pay ,and what it will sell for. I have a whole bunch of regular buyers ( guys who buy year over year ) so I wish they'd ask, or just handle the damage complaint, pay the declared, fix it so it reads the correct grade now, and return it. All I have gotten on the May items are initial contact, request for pics of submission, then "nothing". They supposedly scan all cards in and all cards out. I already know that has its "limitations", and said as much in August of 2020- no one listened then. Scans can only capture so much; not even the best cameras or scanners can catch what human eyes can see. Let's talk about an equitable solution that both parties can live with and move on

My "opinion" of course
    Jeff

I'm sure you have heard the exact same thing a few times already, but here is the response I just received about the delay on CRC damage orders:

"I do apologize for this inconvenience. Because this order is a quality assurance review, it will take more time. CRC is currently facing a severe backlog, and upper management is aware of the situation. A CRC rep will be reaching out to you as soon as possible."

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Autograph sub Arrived 8/10 Entered 9/2 Assembly yesterday and QA1 this am.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    envoy982envoy982 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭

Is this a dual-grading or DNA sub? I have a bunch of IP signed cards I want to send in. Curious on turnaround times

• Options
    shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

I sent in a value and 3 quarterly specials in mid December. All were entered on January 5th. The value card popped today…
    1993 Bazooka Todd Helton PSA 10.

Probably my new favorite card. The other 3 submissions are between Assembly and QA1. I have also heard back from the CRC Review and should have my card back soon. Went from a 9 to a 5. Took about 6 months.

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭

Are all orders shipping back from PSA now coming from FedEx?

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

My last two were FedEx even though I chose “insured shipping” which has historically been usps. On a side note, I have a sub that popped last Thursday that still has not shipped. I don’t know what the hell is going on. All playoff qb rookies that half will be out of the playoffs after this weekend. Absolutely kills the value on many of them. Grades popped pretty fast but not shipping for 8+ days is ridiculous and disappointing.

• Options

@envoy982 said:
    My last two were FedEx even though I chose “insured shipping” which has historically been usps. On a side note, I have a sub that popped last Thursday that still has not shipped. I don’t know what the hell is going on. All playoff qb rookies that half will be out of the playoffs after this weekend. Absolutely kills the value on many of them. Grades popped pretty fast but not shipping for 8+ days is ridiculous and disappointing.

That's frustrating. I am waiting for mine to ship too. Mine popped on Jan. 17, and I thought it would have shipped by now, but still waiting. It appears I may still have to wait even a bit longer.

• Options

I’m not sure what the hangup is. I know they were at some big shows but I wouldn’t have expected that to be impacting outbound shipping. Normally I’ve shipped the next day or at the worst within 4 days. And I at least have a tracking number within a day or two.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny , but I had a Modern submission's grades issued yesterday (but still not shipped) that was received almost a full month after one that's been in Q2 for over a week. Both the same amount of cards, but the 2nd flew through the process while the earlier one is sitting.

• Options

I am wondering if them scanning every card in a submission is what’s slowing them down. I like the service and should cut down on the CRC submissions.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I've had a sub pop about 9 days ago and it still has not shipped at all. This is a new experience for me in a delay of my order not being shipped soon after grades posted.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

personally , I don’t want or need the scans on most of my subs. I’d rather they just give the option to have cards scanned. I did notice my last value sub all cards were scanned and the sub I’ve been waiting 8+ days on has all been scanned already, last weekend in fact. I’d much rather have a fast turnaround than wait for scans of cards I can scan myself. It’s a nice service, don’t get me wrong, I’d just rather be able to turn some inventory than wait sometimes.

• Options

So it doesn’t seem like the scanning is even the reason for the delay.

I’m not someone who checks my grades online, so the wait is even more painful for me. 😂

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

They are scanning Value subs now?

• Options

@Jayman1982 said:
    They are scanning Value subs now?

Yes, starting this year, all orders get scanned.

• Options

Still no movement on anyone's orders? Nothing on mine.

Really a mystery what's going on over there.

• Options

My order that popped on 1/12 finally shipped today. It went FedEx as well despite usps being selected.

• Options

I had a 30 card order move to QA2 yesterday. Card that popped last week still hasn’t shipped.

• Options

@envoy982 said:
    My order that popped on 1/12 finally shipped today. It went FedEx as well despite usps being selected.

So slooooow. Glad yours finally shipped though! I guess that probably means a few more days for mine.

• Options

Yeah I don’t know what the hang-up was. Scans were already done I assume it wasn’t a FedEx problem or I’d have seen a label sooner and the package just not picked up. I sent an email last week and got an auto-reply that it would be 15 days before someone would contact me. Maybe that is what jostled it loose though. They had graders out at a show but that shouldn’t impact shipping. It’s a mystery to me. Was nice to have grades in <2 weeks but since it was all Josh Allen, Justin Jefferson and Herbert stuff, I kind of missed out but I knew that risk when I sent it. On to the next one… I hope everyone else gets shipped out soon!

• Options

Got an email reply this evening regarding my delayed shipping. FYI for anyone interested and in the same boat.

“I know how important it is to get your order back in a timely manner, and I'm sincerely sorry for the delay in shipping your order out to you. Our shipping team has been working through a backlog of approximately ~12 business days”

At least you can know it’s coming and it is a known backlog and not just an issue with your order.

• Options

Thanks for sharing that.

I wonder how they fell so far behind.

• Options

My order that reached shipping January 17 just got a tracking number today. Hopefully they are speeding up.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had three orders logged in yesterday, 1/26/23.

They were:

Express = 1 Card
    Regular = 2 Cards
    Value Plus = 10 cards

Wish me luck!!!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

If your crossover is in stage 4 and you see that PSA has applied an 8 digit certification number that is in the range of all the other new certs, does that mean it was successful in crossing over ?

• Options

So, I sent 2 different submissions in for the Modern Special. The first arrived a month before the 2nd, but was graded and sent back almost 3 weeks (went out yesterday) after the 2nd. I just got the tracking info and it's coming from NJ.

I sent both to Orange County, CA but this one was routed to NJ for grading for some reason. I'm sure that's the reason for the delay, but wondering if anyone else has seen a similar routing. Curious why they'd do that, but maybe they're buried in cards in Calif.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@BBBrkrr said:
    So, I sent 2 different submissions in for the Modern Special. The first arrived a month before the 2nd, but was graded and sent back almost 3 weeks (went out yesterday) after the 2nd. I just got the tracking info and it's coming from NJ.

I sent both to Orange County, CA but this one was routed to NJ for grading for some reason. I'm sure that's the reason for the delay, but wondering if anyone else has seen a similar routing. Curious why they'd do that, but maybe they're buried in cards in Calif.

Wow. That's interesting. Wonder if they're grading cards there now??? I never know what's going on.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

I had an order go to shipping today, but my credit card hasn’t been charged and the grades are unavailable. Never had that experience before. Odd. It has been at q2 throughout the week.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

They were:

Express = 1 Card
    Regular = 2 Cards
    Value Plus = 10 cards

Wish me luck!!!

QUICK UPDATE

Express popped last night and hopefully ships today.

Regular is in Assembly.

Value Plus is in grading.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

I've noticed grades available sooner with no shipping info, yet my card got charged, then the grades disappear, and a day or two later the shipping info appears and grades re-appear
    An example below- no shipping info, but grades can be seen, and the normal "grades are available" emails gone out

Now this may only be happening to make sure PSA gets paid
    One thought that did cross my mind :o
    And try not to make anything of that orders quick poppage- it's an outlier that occasionally happens

• Options
    edited March 13, 2023 8:11PM

This thread has been pretty quiet. Thought I'd post some raw pickups from shows that I had graded recently. These popped today. These were $19 value (20 card min, the TLaw and Fields at the end were just added to round it out to make 20) That was a good decision. :) Arrived 2/21, entered 2/24, Grades 3/13. Super fast turnaround but did spend 7 days in QA2

I picked up the Young and Lynch for my HOF set for $6 for the pair. The Young is a tough one to find and the Lynch in a 9 is still a $45+ card. Solid sub all the way around, graded pretty consistent with what I expected. Really happy to have Kelce 10 to put in my set after about 8 straight PSA 9's.

• Options

@envoy982 said:
    Solid sub all the way around, graded pretty consistent with what I expected. Really happy to have Kelce 10 to put in my set after about 8 straight PSA 9's.

Nice sub! I am having the same issue with Von Miller. Starting to think I should just buy one graded. My last few grades seem to be much more in line with my expectations!

• Options

Thanks. I couldn’t believe how much these Young’s are going for. I need to dig through more dollar boxes and find some more! I have probably 80 various topps chrome rookies to send off such as Von, Jimmy Graham, Luck, Gronk etc. I just can’t justify $15-19 per card for those at the moment.

• Options

They were:

Express = 1 Card
    Regular = 2 Cards
    Value Plus = 10 cards

Wish me luck!!!

QUICK UPDATE

Regular is in Assembly.

So it was delivered the 26th of January but didn't Log until the 10th of February?
    The reason I ask is that I see people having their orders delivered and then logged a few days later and mine has been sitting there for over a week now.

Thanks

• Options

@BWisz31 said:

They were:

Express = 1 Card
    Regular = 2 Cards
    Value Plus = 10 cards

Wish me luck!!!

QUICK UPDATE

Regular is in Assembly.

So it was delivered the 26th of January but didn't Log until the 10th of February?
    The reason I ask is that I see people having their orders delivered and then logged a few days later and mine has been sitting there for over a week now.

Thanks

Which level did you submit at?

I can give you a more specific idea of my experience at the right level.

• Options

@BWisz31 said:

They were:

Express = 1 Card
    Regular = 2 Cards
    Value Plus = 10 cards

Wish me luck!!!

QUICK UPDATE

Regular is in Assembly.

Thanks

It was the $40 a card level, so Value Plus (20 day turnaround). The tracker says ‘delivered to PSA’ on the 6th, but the turnaround time doesn’t start until it’s logged I’m understanding.

Thank you for helping.

• Options

@BWisz31 said:

@BWisz31 said:

They were:

Express = 1 Card
    Regular = 2 Cards
    Value Plus = 10 cards

Wish me luck!!!

QUICK UPDATE

Regular is in Assembly.

Thanks

It was the $40 a card level, so Value Plus (20 day turnaround). The tracker says ‘delivered to PSA’ on the 6th, but the turnaround time doesn’t start until it’s logged I’m understanding.

Thank you for helping.

You can expect that you will have your cards back in hand in mid to late April.

• Options

@BWisz31 said:

@BWisz31 said:

They were:

Express = 1 Card
    Regular = 2 Cards
    Value Plus = 10 cards

Wish me luck!!!

QUICK UPDATE

Regular is in Assembly.

Thanks

Thank you for helping.

That’s not too bad, but my concern is why it hasn’t shown under ‘my orders’ yet.

Thanks again man.

• Options

It just populated actually, thanks for the info though. Much appreciated.

• Options

@BWisz31 said:

@BWisz31 said:

@BWisz31 said:

They were:

Express = 1 Card
    Regular = 2 Cards
    Value Plus = 10 cards

Wish me luck!!!

QUICK UPDATE

Regular is in Assembly.

Thanks

Thank you for helping.

That’s not too bad, but my concern is why it hasn’t shown under ‘my orders’ yet.

Thanks again man.

👍👍

• Options

My value sub ($19) was 21 calendar days, delivered to shipped

• Options

Has anyone gotten a vintage sub back lately? My modern orders have been flying through pretty quick but vintage (pre-1981) has been slow. Spent some time at the MN card show yesterday and that seemed to be the sentiment there as well.

• Options

Very slow. 7 vintage subs there now since 2/27. Still in grading.

• Options

Similar - I have an order in grading, there since 2/21. I have another 35 card vintage order I’m about to send off but figure that will be 60-90 business days. It’s all stuff for my pc so turnaround time isn’t a huge deal.

On a side note, I am really hoping for some kind of set registry special soon. I have so many cards for the all-time sets that I’d love to send in but $15+ just isn’t worth it. I have 150+ cards just hanging out and hoping for something. Maybe someday.

• Options

@envoy982 said:
    Has anyone gotten a vintage sub back lately? My modern orders have been flying through pretty quick but vintage (pre-1981) has been slow. Spent some time at the MN card show yesterday and that seemed to be the sentiment there as well.

NO and glad I am not the only one

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

I believe PSA currently has only one vintage grader, and he only works on Thursdays. There are now 785 modern card graders employed by PSA.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2023 11:03AM

@smallstocks said:
    I believe PSA currently has only one vintage grader, and he only works on Thursdays. There are now 785 modern card graders employed by PSA.

Maybe true....LOL. They've got to figure out a way to get all subs completed within 2 months. They really do.

• Options

I have 2 vintage (113 & 115 cards) that arrived in February and have been in grading for probably 3 or 4 weeks. Just sitting there.

• Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

I also have a small 17 card order in under the last vintage special…

Entered 2/23/23, just went to assembly today 4/24

It said 90 day est. turnaround so I guess they’re on track