Home Sports Talk

Double Dragon's Super Duper NFL Countdown

AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep it cool, keep it clean, and have fun with it. The stage is yours, DD.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

🙌 to Todd!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 for Double D!

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @AFLfan, I will make you proud Todd. Ok gentleman, the official kickoff of the 2022 NFL season is September 8th, 2022, so we have 204 days and 11 hours to go. If you want to see the exact time including minutes and seconds, you can follow this link to the official countdown clock. Once you get to the website, you'll need to give it a few seconds until the clock appears at the top of the page.

https://howmanydaysuntil.center/nfl-kickoff/

Oh, I have to get my wardrobe right here.

Yes, football season, the season my wife hates.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

I don't have that problem.

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

Not doing so good over here man, I can't take the wait much longer, football season. If I don't make it, make me proud grasshopper.

Feeling dehydrated, the sun is beaming down today, this waiting is brutal.

Well with a potential MLB lockout looming into the season this might be the hottest thread here for awhile!

👍🏼👍🏼

edited February 15, 2022 6:40PM

This isn't funny, no football to watch is really having a bad effect on me physically, on my appearance. You want to see what I look like right now, here, just look at me!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

My wife has no problem with my football watching, but she doesn't participate. It's a happy medium that I can accept.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2022 2:16PM

just looked up the line for the number of memes this thread will possess by the time the next nfl season rolls around

over 974 ................. -2400

under 974 .............. +1650

i almost jumped out of my skin. i laid 240$ to win 10 dollars

Football season demands that I completely ignore my wife the entire season, football requires my complete attention. Men in tights are all that matter from September to February!

@galaxy27 said:
    just looked up the line for the number of memes this thread will possess by the time the next nfl season rolls around

over 974 ................. -2400

under 974 .............. +1650

i almost jumped out of my skin. i laid 240$ to win 10 dollars

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Luckily Baseball and fishing season will carry me till September .......................But they don't start untill April :#

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    Keep it cool, keep it clean, and have fun with it. The stage is yours, DD.

DoubleD, looks like AFLfan is saying this is your house, defend it at all costs! :p

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn’t there a new league to entertain? Not that I expect I’ll be entertained by it.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    This isn't funny, no football to watch is really having a bad effect on me physically, on my appearance. You want to see what I look like right now, here, just look at me!

Tomorrow you may look like Randy Darsh

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Luckily Baseball and fishing season will carry me till September .......................But they don't start untill April :#

While you are waiting you can tune in Sunday for the Nascar race at Daytona motor speedway in Florida. It will be spectacular.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    [While you are waiting you can tune in Sunday for the Nascar race at Daytona motor speedway in Florida. It will be spectacular.]

Absolutely. The watch party is already coming together.......... B)

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

We have 204 days and 12 hours to go until September 8th arrives. This is like waiting for lunch to thaw in the arctic!

203 days and 19 hours.

@doubledragon I was thinking about an idea for this time and this thread. Not all of us have the same amount of knowledge about football "Xs and Os". Or league history. Or, etc. I would like to see possibly some things here to educate us on football. Just an idea. For example. Different formations, defenses, rules, rule changes. I'm not saying you have to do this, or should do it alone, just spit ballin....

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon I was thinking about an idea for this time and this thread. Not all of us have the same amount of knowledge about football "Xs and Os". Or league history. Or, etc. I would like to see possibly some things here to educate us on football. Just an idea. For example. Different formations, defenses, rules, rule changes. I'm not saying you have to do this, or should do it alone, just spit ballin....

Here's a little taste to wet your whistle, just a teaser mind you. The empty set is a formation where the offense lines up with five receivers and nobody in the backfield other than the quarterback, hence the name empty set.

202 days and 12 hours. The wait is making me thirsty, it reminds me of last football season, ah the memories....

@doubledragon said:
    202 days and 12 hours. The wait is making me thirsty,

Are you sure it's not those pretzels?
    https://youtu.be/yMe7mlRv8UE

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:
    202 days and 12 hours. The wait is making me thirsty,

Are you sure it's not those pretzels?
    https://youtu.be/yMe7mlRv8UE

No, it's sausages, they're very salty !

Aaron Rodgers is single again, will he take a shower? Will he wash his hair? Will he wear other shirts than Star Wars T’s?

These are legit questions

@doubledragon we need you to investigate!

@perkdog said:
    Aaron Rodgers is single again, will he take a shower? Will he wash his hair? Will he wear other shirts than Star Wars T’s?

First Danica, and now Shailene, the man can't keep a woman!

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

And he keeps downgrading as he goes along lol

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

And he keeps downgrading as he goes along lol

Yes indeed, he needs to find a woman that shares his same qualities with groom, it's much easier to get along if they're both alike.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    👎👎

@thisistheshow said:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    👎👎

No sir, the man is becoming Ryan Fitzpatrick!

Legend.

Perhaps baseball will bring us a quality product to enjoy over the summer while we wait for football season.....

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

I'm kind of proud of myself because the above gif was the first time I've ever figured
    out how to post one. As they say in poker, I feel like I got it in good. B)
    Now I'll get out flopped by Double D!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

@Darin said:
    I'm kind of proud of myself because the above gif was the first time I've ever figured

Congratulations!! Full disclosure, I post gifs and videos here, but I often have to practice first. For some reason, I forget. 🤣🙃 Pro tip, you can send text messages to yourself. Practice by attaching things to a self text.

@Darin said:

Never underestimate poker cat, you never know what he's holding.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2022 5:25AM

Six months to go and waiting … Maybe the baseball and football seasons will start at the same time.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Just popping in to say hello and hope everyone is doing well.

NFL can’t come quick enough!!!!!!!!

@perkdog said:
    Just popping in to say hello and hope everyone is doing well.

NFL can’t come quick enough!!!!!!!!

Hello buddy! Nice to see you here in the @doubledragon NFL off-season waiting room! I can't wait myself.....

Come on, open up, I know you're in there NFL.

I thought about starting the Pats thread to post this, but figured it's too early. Anyway.... The one concern I had about Mac Jones was the fact that he appeared to be out of shape in college even during the last week of the season. Meaning he had a beer/pizza belly in that semi infamous cigar shirtless photo. It's not easy to be that pudgy, last week of the season, after a game.

He admitted this off season that he eats too much ice cream but that fitness was a priority. I'm a bit concerned after seeing this video. If you watch the whole thing, towards the end there are some shots when he is against the wind and his shirt hugs his body. Let's just say that he's not on the TB12 plan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1501339480875143174?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1501339480875143174|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://d-20939355832815489357.ampproject.net/2202230359001/frame.html

@thisistheshow said:
    I thought about starting the Pats thread to post this, but figured it's too early. Anyway.... The one concern I had about Mac Jones was the fact that he appeared to be out of shape in college even during the last week of the season. Meaning he had a beer/pizza belly in that semi infamous cigar shirtless photo. It's not easy to be that pudgy, last week of the season, after a game.

He admitted this off season that he eats too much ice cream but that fitness was a priority. I'm a bit concerned after seeing this video. If you watch the whole thing, towards the end there are some shots when he is against the wind and his shirt hugs his body. Let's just say that he's not on the TB12 plan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1501339480875143174?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1501339480875143174|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://d-20939355832815489357.ampproject.net/2202230359001/frame.html

I just ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream, it's my favorite, it's the big chunks of brownies that make it so good. I bought two pints this morning, one for today and one for tomorrow!

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much is it in weeks?

How much is it in number of baseball games?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@MsMorrisine said:
    How much is it in weeks?

How much is it in number of baseball games?

Too many 🥲

Where is @doubledragon ?

I hope his time off has been approved!

@perkdog said:
    Where is @doubledragon ?

I hope his time off has been approved!

I have been in touch with him. He's working remotely, and apparently at his leisure.