galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Love it!

You do realize that this can never happen, right? @Hydrant would not allow the other LA team to win it. He probably called his supa secret inside source and got the word out. He's most likely working his rolodex right now getting every Rams lifer on the horn possible. I'm telling you, this can never happen.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

Love it!

You do realize that this can never happen, right? @Hydrant would not allow the other LA team to win it. He probably called his supa secret inside source and got the word out. He's most likely working his rolodex right now getting every Rams lifer on the horn possible. I'm telling you, this can never happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98958txVSrE

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

Love it!

I'm on the Chargers train though, I think they will get it done this year, I really do

Mr and the lovely Mrs hydrant had their win last year

• Options

I can foresee a Bills Bucs SB. The GOAT beats the Bills one last time, shakes the commissioner's hand, says eight is enough with a wink, and drops the mic... 🤷😂

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    I can foresee a Bills Bucs SB. The GOAT beats the Bills one last time, shakes the commissioner's hand, says eight is enough with a wink, and drops the mic... 🤷😂

If hus personal affairs are in order I can see him having a strong season again but overall I don't see the D being all that good

• Options

@perkdog said:

I'm on the Chargers train though, I think they will get it done this year, I really do

i've been feeling it all summer

QB check, RB check, WR check

on the other side of the ball they added Mack to wreak havoc with Bosa

Jackson & James in the secondary

the Bills will undoubtedly be a tough out, but this is the year the Chiefs look up at the Chargers in the AFC West..........you do not lose Tyreek Hill and get better

serious value @ +1100......... with the potential LAC has, i'll splash on that all day

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

If hus personal affairs are in order I can see him having a strong season again but overall I don't see the D being all that good

This makes sense.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

i've been feeling it all summer

QB check, RB check, WR check

on the other side of the ball they added Mack to wreak havoc with Bosa

Jackson & James in the secondary

the Bills will undoubtedly be a tough out, but this is the year the Chiefs look up at the Chargers in the AFC West..........you do not lose Tyreek Hill and get better

serious value @ +1100......... with the potential LAC has, i'll splash on that all day

You guys are not alone in feeling the Chargers this year. I hear it a lot.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I simply do not like the tone this thread is taking lately. :p

Seriously though, much respect for Galaxy putting his money on SD.
    My futures ticket looks very similar, same dollar amount, same odds, except KC not SD.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

C'mon now. Chargers gonna be Chargers. Don't act like you don't know what I mean. They seem to always lose 2 or 3 games a year that come down to the last couple plays that don't break their way, as well as a couple of games when they are heavy favorites, have no business losing, and then come and just flat out lay eggs. This is a tradition that has lasted years, and goes all the way back to when Marty and Norv were the head coach.

• Options

@Darin said:

My futures ticket looks very similar, same dollar amount, same odds, except KC not SD.

if i don't hit i hope you do brother!

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin said:

if i don't hit i hope you do brother!

Jeez...why don't you guys go do karate in the garage 😂

• Options

It's time

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon
    A female reporter walked too close to CMC this morning and he landed on the injured report. Team sources say he may be available after February 20th but it’s too early to say.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

LET'S GO! It's almost time!!

• Options

Season kicks off in ten minutes.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got in from outside working in the yard - Picked 3 beautiful watermelons with more to pick tomorrow but now actually get to sit down and watch NFL Thursday Night Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buffalo looking good as of now!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Just got in from outside working in the yard - Picked 3 beautiful watermelons with more to pick tomorrow but now actually get to sit down and watch NFL Thursday Night Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buffalo looking good as of now!

Amazing! Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2022 5:41PM

@thisistheshow said:

@Steven59 said:

Watermelon fan huh? Might I suggest Mr. Majestyk starring Charles Bronson, never screw with a man's melon farm!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Steven59 said:

Watermelon fan huh? Might I suggest Mr. Majestyk starring Charles Bronson, never screw with a man's melon farm!

https://youtu.be/hTx_jDEnvxs

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Steven59 said:

https://youtu.be/hTx_jDEnvxs

You've seen it, I must admit I'm impressed. Might I recommend The Mechanic, Bronson was in top form, you won't be disappointed!

• Options

What my favorite stat line from Buffalos victory Monday night?
    Josh Allen 1 rush for 10 yards

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about a Vikings/Bills Super Bowl? One 0-4 SB record would be vanquished. One team would be rid of that albatross.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    How about a Vikings/Bills Super Bowl? One 0-4 SB record would be vanquished. One team would be rid of that albatross.

I don't necessarily foresee this as happening, but if it did it's for sure that this would be the storyline.

• Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Yes !!!! Nice !!!! That would be glorious.

• Options

Chiefs vs SF

That's my story and I'm sticking with it!!!

• Options

Look @doubledragon this thread has taken on a second life!

Bills vs whoever is coming in second

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2023 8:35AM

@Ridethelightning said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

I'd be surprised if the Vikings make it by the Giants. If they do it be a come from behind 1 point game, that seems to be how they have squeaked by this year to 13-4: -3 point differential for the season, compared to the 9-7 Giants with a -6 pt differential. Even match.

Vikings 4 loses were to GB (41-17), Dal (40-3), Phi (24-7), Det (34-23). On the Sagarin computer rankings Vikings are 15th, well below the other 3 and 4 loss teams, so any game they win beyond against the Giants if they do, will be an upset........

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

I'm all about the G Men today

• Options

@spacehayduke said:

@Ridethelightning said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

I'd be surprised if the Vikings make it by the Giants. If they do it be a come from behind 1 point game, that seems to be how they have squeaked by this year to 13-4: -3 point differential for the season, compared to the 9-7 Giants with a -6 pt differential. Even match.

Vikings 4 loses were to GB (41-17), Dal (40-3), Phi (24-7), Det (34-23). On the Sagarin computer rankings Vikings are 15th, well below the other 3 and 4 loss teams, so any game they win beyond against the Giants if they do, will be an upset........

The Kirk Cousins led Vikings have certainly been of the 'over promise under deliver' variety.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭

Thank God the football season is almost over and baseball season is on the horizon. Its been a Lon winter!

• Options
    edited February 6, 2023 4:55PM

I just hope we can do another thread like this before training camp!

Let's do it for DD!!!!

@doubledragon
    @AFLfan

• Options

@perkdog said:

Let's do it for DD!!!!

@doubledragon
    @AFLfan

I agree. And like I said back at the beginning of this thread somewhere, I think a lot of people would benefit from and/or enjoy things like...football 101 courses, Xs and Os. Ways to get more out of watching the game. Im sure there could be other ideas. And I'm being serious here. Football season is great, but let's make it even better!🤷🤣 ❤️🙏💪💪🏈👍👍

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

Let's do it for DD!!!!

@doubledragon
    @AFLfan

I agree. And like I said back at the beginning of this thread somewhere, I think a lot of people would benefit from and/or enjoy things like...football 101 courses, Xs and Os. Ways to get more out of watching the game. Im sure there could be other ideas. And I'm being serious here. Football season is great, but let's make it even better!🤷🤣 ❤️🙏💪💪🏈👍👍

Yes, I hope we can keep this thread going!

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no problem pinning another offseason football thread to the top of the page after Sunday, if you guys like.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

@AFLfan said:
    I have no problem pinning another offseason football thread to the top of the page after Sunday, if you guys like.

Thank you Todd. Please unpin this one after the SB and let it set sail. DD will get a new one ready when the time is right. Thank you!!

• Options

It's actually Sho> @AFLfan said:

Awesome Todd and a huge thank you!

• Options

Sounds good to me, thank you @AFLfan, @perkdog, @thisistheshow, let's do it!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Sounds good to me, thank you @AFLfan, @perkdog, @thisistheshow, let's do it!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2023 10:13AM

@perkdog said:

Mr and the lovely Mrs hydrant had their win last year

...The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant is a Charger fan!......Herbert is her favorite!.... She has a special pet name for him....Pimple Face....
    The Chargers were my favorite team long before the Rams caught my attention. The Hydrants attend many Chargers games. My Secret Inside Source is very generous and he gives us complimentary tickets. Way up close in the rich and famous people section. It's good to have friends like that.

My Girls. Today. They like motorsports.

The Little Hydrantettes want grow up and be like this young lady

Any guesses who she is? Hint....She's the grand daughter of a lifelong Hydrant family friend....And, she's Big Time in her chosen sport..
    Quite possibly The Girl GOAT!

I Like Motorsports Too...Always Have....

Bye, Bye....

• Options
    edited February 21, 2023 5:18AM

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

>
    I don't have a rolodex.....And, ...I very seldom call anyone....I only call and talk to very important people. ...People call me......And I never pick up the phone when they do....I have a secretary that calls people that I want to talk to. She also screens the incoming calls. You wouldn't get through so don't waste your time trying. Her name is Elaine.
    I call her Lain. She's smart, efficient, and PRETTY!.....

I have more important things to do than to talk on the phone.....

Anyway,.... I'm happy that you all are so focused on me....It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

>
    I don't have a rolodex.....And, ...I very seldom call anyone....I only call and talk to very important people. ...People call me......And I never pick up the phone when they do....I have a secretary that calls people that I want to talk to. She also screens the incoming calls. You wouldn't get through so don't waste your time trying. Her name is Elaine.

Anyway,.... I'm happy that you all are so focused on me....It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Sounds like you are focussed on yourself as well.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

>

Yes, I am. It's all part of being self confident. Like trusting in my qualities, abilities, and judgement. It's worked out pretty good so far.....

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

>

Yes, I am. It's all part of being self confident. Like trusting in my qualities, abilities, and judgement. It's worked out pretty good so far.....

https://youtu.be/ss9VZ1FHxy0

• Options
    edited May 28, 2023 12:05PM

Useless thread, you no longer serve a purpose, you're taking up space on the main page. Disappear, be gone I say!

• Options

80 days and counting

W.C.Fields
  • Options

W.C.Fields
  • Options

This is the last month without NFL football.

W.C.Fields