Options

***Official 2021 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin- Price Posted!***

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    99 cent start to watch: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403086199298

$3,025 + 7.70

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

@MsMorrisine said:

$3,025 + 7.70

That's hardly worth the trouble....

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

They just sent mine I guess I am stuck with it my dad said he will let me work it off. Lots of chores around the barn! B)

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

@MsMorrisine said:

$3,025 + 7.70

Looks like more than 130 trying to pre-sell on eBay above that. I expect quite a few cancelations are coming soon on this one.

I am still surprised it sold out in the first place, but the Mint probably would have sold even fewer if the mintage was unlimited. LOL.

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Why are people complaining about the price? No one is going to lose money on this coin. In fact, it will appreciate in value above the purchase notice just like the 2009 has

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options

@dtkk49a said:
    Why are people complaining about the price? No one is going to lose money on this coin. In fact, it will appreciate in value above the purchase notice just like the 2009 has

I'll take that bet.

This coin will be down $500 by next year.

In 2009, the premium was lower and the price of gold was $900 per ounce.

Are you betting on gold reaching $3600? Even if it does, my gold eagles will outperform your Liberty High Relief and I'll have 50% more ounces.

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2021 6:13PM

it is odd people are complaining about the price, as the AGE sold for the same $2700

and ALL gold will be priced the same, per the grid.

• Options
    edited August 25, 2021 6:44PM

@goldbuffalo said:
    it is odd people are complaining about the price, as the AGE sold for the same $2700

and ALL gold will be priced the same, per the grid.

I said the same thing about the AGE. And I also didn't buy the AGE except for a couple of 1/10 oz and two 4 coin sets that I had flipped before I bought them.

Demand is higher for the AGE as it is part of a series. But the mintage was too high to support such a large premium. The current wholesale premium on AGE's of prior years is +$350

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see someone is selling a sealed version of this coin over on the BST at cost plus shipping.
    Good for them. Now is the time to get out. Unless you just gotta have it with a huge premium.
    Many of the spouse gold coins are near 2000 mintage, big deal. They still go for near spot.
    And they too had premiums from the Mint.
    Granted, this one is light years ahead in appearance.
    Those spouses were all dogs. Except for a choice few.
    At least this is an attractive horse!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still don’t see the bargain. $1800
    $1800 1oz melt
    $900 1/2! Oz melt
    This dang coin $2700 1 oz
    I can’t imagine anyone thinking ounce for ounce that paying 1/2 oz premium on 1 ounce is a good deal or a wise investment. I can’t think of any investment that starts out with a 50 percent charge on top of market value! I am old and kinda new so I could be wrong? 🤓🙀

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

This coin is not an “investment.” Buy it because you like it and can afford it.

• Options

@santinidollar said:

@santinidollar said:

That’s doesn’t make it a good deal either 🤓

• Options

I received a confirmation email, but my order still says processing????

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

Some were shipped on Wednesday. I know of one which was ordered after mine with a much higher order # etc... and mine is still processing. I chatted with them, that resulted in zero new information and the standard excuse of "covid-19" AKA the China Virus. Useless Gov't zombies. :(

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dtkk49a said:

Source: "Where is my order?" @ Link

• Options

@CXD said:
    Some were shipped on Wednesday. I know of one which was ordered after mine with a much higher order # etc... and mine is still processing. I chatted with them, that resulted in zero new information and the standard excuse of "covid-19" AKA the China Virus. Useless Gov't zombies. :(

Watch your words. This is not a political forum. Stick to coins save the rest

• Options

If I have to explain the difference then I shall defer to your view. And return to coins 🤠

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2021 10:57AM

@jwitten said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@CXD said:

I wonder when the spanish flu came out, were people saying "don't be political" because some called it the spanish flu? There was nothing political about his statement.

Ironic as the “spanish flu” likely did not originate in Spain scientists are still unsure of its source. France, China and Britain have all been suggested as the potential birthplace of the virus, as has the United States, where the first known case was reported at a military base in Kansas on March 11, 1918.
    V/r
    Government Zombie

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    If I have to explain the difference then I shall defer to your view. And return to coins 🤠

It is quite common to name variants after the region from which they arose. .

MERS = middle eastern respiratory virus
    Spanish flu (aforementioned)
    Hong Kong flu
    Ebola
    Lyme disease
    West Nile virus
    German measles
    Marburg virus
    Rocky Mountain spotted fever
    Zika

• Options

@jwitten said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@CXD said:

I wonder when the spanish flu came out, were people saying "don't be political" because some called it the spanish flu? There was nothing political about his statement.

Even worse, it turns out that the Spanish flu didn't originate in Spain! And the Spanish called it the French flu.

https://www.history.com/news/why-was-it-called-the-spanish-flu

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very true ie. Ebola Reston, Ebola Zaire

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

@jwitten said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@CXD said:

Ironic as the “spanish flu” likely did not originate in Spain scientists are still unsure of its source. France, China and Britain have all been suggested as the potential birthplace of the virus, as has the United States, where the first known case was reported at a military base in Kansas on March 11, 1918.
    V/r
    Government Zombie

But that was, at the time, where the majority of people believed it had started. My point was, calling it that was not political. I just read that those in Spain called it the French Flu. I would not call that political either. Not everything has to be hyper politicized. Also, my wife worked for the government for many years. Calling a typical government employee a zombie is not political either. She had many typical government employees on both sides of the aisle that fit the typical government employee stereotype.

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

As others have said these coins are not an investment. Ultimately the premium over spot is based on the cost to manufacture the coin and demand. The manufacturing cost is what it is and demand and price may change over time. Buy it if you like it, enjoy it while you can and recover as much of your cost based on spot and demand when you decide to sell. Meanwhile only you can decide what value you assign to the joy of ownership.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@dtkk49a said:

+backorder

• Options

@Samuel8 said:
    +backorder

Excellent point !!!! "Backorder" does show up on the "order history" page.

I will e-mail the Mint, and suggest that they update their FAQS to reflect this fact. :)

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@Samuel8 said:
    +backorder

Excellent point !!!! "Backorder" does show up on the "order history" page.

I will e-mail the Mint, and suggest that they update their FAQS to reflect this fact. :)

While you're at it...

Could you ask them update the definition of Shipped to:

"Your order "may have" shipped - at least we printed a USPS tracking label and put it on a box somewhere in this Memphis warehouse - but it might be 5-10 days before we actually have the Post Office come pick it up and it gets into their system for actual tracking.

;)

BST references available on request

• Options

@Samuel8 said:

@MetroD said:

@dtkk49a said:

+backorder

So does Processing mean I will definitely receive the coin??

• Options

@dtkk49a said:
    So does Processing mean I will definitely receive the coin??

IMHO, nothing is definite until you have the coin in your possession.

That said, "processing" is a good thing. It means that there are no current issues with your order.

I hope you receive your coin soon. :)

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

I should have mine in hand on Monday. If I do, I'll take pictures and post here.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

No because everyone then were on the same page, they did not have the illusion that it was not a pandemic, so why do you post this? Instead please stay on topic which is about the price of the3 2021 ALHRGC..............

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2021 8:09PM

@spacehayduke said:

@jwitten said:

No because everyone then were on the same page, they did not have the illusion that it was not a pandemic, so why do you post this? Instead please stay on topic which is about the price of the3 2021 ALHRGC..............

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2021 8:04PM

Here we go again, feeling overly-sensitive leads to an off topic debate and shuts another decent thread down.
    Deep breath’s, people, please.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@MilesWaits said:
    Love the coin. The price is painful. I am out. And patient.

Agree. I'll buy one at $100 over spot when they get there. This coin is unflippable and highly unlikely to hold it's value.

Although...if anyone (Apmex, Pinehurst, QVC) wants to promote these, they are:
    1. High Relief
    2. The 1st U.S. $100 gold coin

Wasn't the 2019 a $100Gold ..the one selling in rick's tv infomercial

• Options

@bestday said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Agree. I'll buy one at $100 over spot when they get there. This coin is unflippable and highly unlikely to hold it's value.

1. High Relief

Yes sir.

Your point was previously raised, and subsequently acknowledged, on page #1 of this thread.

Every biennial, American Liberty, 1.0 oz., gold coin since 2015 has a $100 denomination.

Reference

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ordered one of these for a dealer.
    It was supposed to arrive on Monday.
    Instead, my wife comes to my office and says "is this the coin that you ordered that I was supposed to sigh for on Monday?". Indeed it was. It was left in my mailbox at the street w/no signature. Amazing.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@bestday said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MilesWaits said:
    Love the coin. The price is painful. I am out. And patient.

1. High Relief

Yes. I corrected this in later posts

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    Instead, my wife comes to my office and says "is this the coin that you ordered that I was supposed to sigh for on Monday?". Indeed it was. It was left in my mailbox at the street w/no signature. Amazing.

In 2009 when I order the Ultra High Relief, I had recently moved and although I changed my address, the mint sent the package to my old address. I called and asked what happened to my package and they said it was shipped to my previous address 2 weeks ago. I rush over my old place and there it was, sitting in front of the door....for 2 weeks! Luckiest thing to ever happen to me. 2021 and it would have been gone in 2 minutes, much less 2 weeks.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RMLTM79 said:

@Raufus said:

In 2009 when I order the Ultra High Relief, I had recently moved and although I changed my address, the mint sent the package to my old address. I called and asked what happened to my package and they said it was shipped to my previous address 2 weeks ago. I rush over my old place and there it was, sitting in front of the door....for 2 weeks! Luckiest thing to ever happen to me. 2021 and it would have been gone in 2 minutes, much less 2 weeks.

Man, was that a lucky break!!

This is not even close to my favorite leaving w/o a signature story.

I'm a firearms collector. Years ago I sent a legally owned, fully automatic rifle (Ruger KAC556F) to Ruger for repair. They never told me that it had been shipped back. This was before the internet and easy communications. When stopping by my apartment rental office I noticed a box addressed to me leaning against a closet right next to the exit door. It was my gun which had been there for weeks. Naturally, the rental office never called me when it arrived. Anyone could have just grabbed it.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

Available for two minutes this morning!!!!! Anybody grab one? It was very tempting.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

A real photo confirms my opinion this is a great $100 Liberty high relief coin to own to keep that biannual set complete, even if it is pricy. The Mint renderings did not do it justice.

Mine is scheduled to arrive today. Then it gets shipped to our hosts if it looks as good as the one above.

• Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@CXD said:

No coin in history was ever created/minted by political influence. That's why politics is not allowed on this site.

• Options

@Golden1 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@CXD said:

No coin in history was ever created/minted by political influence. That's why politics is not allowed on this site.

Ah, EVERY coin in history was created and minted by political influence.

• Options

@JazzmanJAB said:
    Got mine yesterday.

I’m jealous! I’m not getting mine until Tuesday. Thanks for posting these pics—it’s a stunner! Enjoy

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow

Looks great in hand!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file