Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***Official 2021 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin- Price Posted!***

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going out on a limb but these will be available tomorrow maybe just no sell out

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    GhosOfRudyGhosOfRudy Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

Will the lift the HHL tmrw then?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GhosOfRudy said:
    Will the lift the HHL tmrw then?

highly likely

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2021 10:48AM

@atom said:
    Dead horse

Demand was definitely not with this one...

I only had one buyer put out an offer on these and it was for a profit of $65 for a flip...
    While an easy flip for instant profit....once one factored in time, postage, etc...it really was not worth it.

BST references available on request

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    LOL I have not bought one. I will not buy one.

I know you are all shocked and disappointed.

I see that the 12-step program is yielding some positive results for you!

B)

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    LOL I have not bought one. I will not buy one.

I know you are all shocked and disappointed.

I see that the 12-step program is yielding some positive results for you!

B)

well...remember, I spent $700 on a Q. David Bowers wall hanging just yesterday. So, we have mixed results at best.

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just received an "Your order is confirmed" email for the Bucking Bronco. Does that mean I actually got one and will receive one??

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

None for me. I go> @dtkk49a said:

Hi, I just received an "Your order is confirmed" email for the Bucking Bronco. Does that mean I actually got one and will receive one??

I got confirmation emails like that too in the past. Then I also received emails that said to call them within 48 hours or your order is canceled. You don’t have it until you’re holding it!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

When did they go to backorder status

• Options

@younique said:
    When did they go to backorder status

About 18 minutes after the sales began.

• Options
    micotumicotu Posts: 58 ✭✭

I didn't buy these, but seeing the offer from Pinehurst of $150 makes it more tempting. I would never buy these with the intention of flipping directly to Pinehurst. I would buy them to flip to another buyer either privately or on ebay. The Pinehurst offer allows me to buy these with a chance of making higher profits third party, but also guarantees me to make a little bit and not lose money.

• Options

We have had this discussion before about "Add to Bag" and the "Backorder" button.

Besides the many "opinions" of what these two terms mean (or does not mean)...has anyone actually received a definitive explanation from the Mint of what exactly these terms mean?

As a common man - I see a limit of # of coins that will be distributed (I think 12,500 in this case) with this sale.

To me...that says that only 12,500 coins will be manufactured and sold. Once 12,500 are added to the "Bag" (including pre-sales to the big guys)...it should just go to "Not Available" and only come back up as available to add to Bag when someone cancels their order (prior to shipping) or credit cards are declined, etc...

I know that there are other things I'm not thinking about...as there is always unique things going on behind the scenes...but I just can't wrap my head around this backorder thing - especially when we're talking about something that should be available for sale/shipping - not these - "will ship in Oct/Nov" sales.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    47 minutes

I'll take 2 hours after on sale time, so 2pm my time

I think if it lasts 2 hours, it lasts 6 hours.

I lose.

seems like this one will drag out. maybe it does see 6 hours

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    47 minutes

I lose.

But you're a winner...if you didn't buy this! :o

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2021 11:17AM

Went to back order about 16-18 minutes in. Just over 2 hours in, still available on back order. Back orders not shipping until November.

I wonder if the back order is a function of mint production capacity in light of the density of mint offerings + covid (x amount minted for immediate release, and back orders minted between now and November), or if it is an intentional layer to manage flipping. This item will not likely be at spot+$950 in November (for raw retail resale).

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options

Has anyone ever cancelled an order, prior to shipping, with the Mint?

Is it an easy process?
    When's the Best time to call the Mint to cancel.

Asking for a friend! ;)

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Going out on a limb but these will be available tomorrow maybe just no sell out

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    47 minutes

I lose.

My associate is with you guys but is starting to think I might have made a good guess 🤓

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2021 11:25AM

You just walked into a bear trap if you believe it’s going to be easy canceling this, the longer you wait for the “friend”
    Your best hope is canceled immediately! After that, it is a slow grueling process of the necessity of calling at least twice to make sure they understand that even though they have it and it is returned to them that you wanna refund. Last time with another gold issue, it took me over two months for a refund.
    That will be my last time. If I don’t want to keep it, I wont order it.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

I think this one will go Unavailable between 4 and 5 hours

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

I'm proud of myself, didn't buy this, very nice coin, but I think the value of this won't be there. Sometimes it's best to wait

• Options

I bought the 2coin mayflower set the coins were funky. I called immediately but this is a little different in that I had coins in hand. Two months is about right . Not to mention that approval didn’t mean quick return of funds. Sorry for your friend. It will be somewhat messy 🙏

• Options

@dtkk49a said:

Unless your credit card information bounces, you don't have to worry about receiving this one...

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

"Xxxxxxxxx Coins is no longer purchasing:

American Liberty 2021High Relief
    Gold Coin

If you submitted your request prior to 1:30 PM EDT we will still process your Purchase Order Request.
    ......"

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:
    Has anyone ever cancelled an order, prior to shipping, with the Mint?

Is it an easy process?
    When's the Best time to call the Mint to cancel.

Asking for a friend! ;)

Sure did. You simply call them and tell them to cancel order USM######. I’d call in the early morning on a day no items go up for sale.

• Options

Does anyone know that special way...to call the Mint...and get them to call you back...so you don't have to wait on hold?

• Options
    edited August 19, 2021 11:50AM

@CoinMeister said:

Sure did. You simply call them and tell them to cancel order USM######. I’d call in the early morning on a day no items go up for sale.

if you are really going to cancel, do it asap.

it can show "processing" but if the 1-800# people say it has been sent over to shipping, then you are stuck doing a receive and return.

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭

At nearly 3 hours in and still available on back order, can someone explain to me why there are 8 listed as 'sold items' on eBay at this point?

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:
    "Pixxxxxst Coins is no longer purchasing:

Gold Coin

If you submitted your request prior to 1:30 PM EDT we will still process your Purchase Order Request.
    ......"

Just verified by phone. My request for a purchase order was sent in @12:17. Otherwise I’d cancel ASAP.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:
    Does anyone know that special way...to call the Mint...and get them to call you back...so you don't have to wait on hold?

You call and press the button to order, not customer service, and usually that will put you on a hold that will start for a while, then offer you to press a button to have them call you back. That way you do not have to wait and listen to the music over and over. If they answer, then you did not have to wait ;)

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    At nearly 3 hours in and still available on back order, can someone explain to me why there are 8 listed as 'sold items' on eBay at this point?

People do inexplicable things.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

when they find out they will not receive the coin until November with over 3 grand sent out, they will back out

• Options

@micotu said:
    I didn't buy these, but seeing the offer from Pinehurst of $150 makes it more tempting. I would never buy these with the intention of flipping directly to Pinehurst. I would buy them to flip to another buyer either privately or on ebay. The Pinehurst offer allows me to buy these with a chance of making higher profits third party, but also guarantees me to make a little bit and not lose money.

Not true. Pinehurst will slab them to sell. If you submit one coin and get a 69, you're back to raw. And it's anyone paying over issue right now?

You also can't guarantee a flip to Pinehurst unless you can lock them in in advance. They can end the offer at any time.

• Options

@Halfpence said:

@SPalladino said:

People do inexplicable things.

Presale?

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

Gold Coin

......"

What is so wrong about that email is that it was sent at 2:30 PM EDT, not 1:30. I wonder how many "buyers" got screwed because they were waiting for confirmation email from mint, as requested by Xxxxxx Coins, before emailing for a purchase order from them..... I am sure many did not get the confirmation email from the mint before 1:30.
    All in all that really blows. I would be furious and never buy for them again if I have to cancel order with mint or even worse have to return it.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go figure!

And please for the love of cowboys, stop calling us!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:

Maybe someone wants to give people a hint about the price.

• Options

@Samuel8 said:

Gold Coin

......"

Why XXXXX the name? No reason to hide it (and I know that subsequent posts have revealed it partially / fully).

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guxiyou said:
    @Raufus That's a little depressing to hear. I'm definitely going to be in for the 2-coin reverse ASE set on the 13th, and it is going to be WAY worse. I'd assumed that since the website appears to be responsive that today would be smooth sailing for anyone wanting to purchase.

Indeed, it was a mess. With the new system it seems like it's easy to get the item in the cart but checkout is the problem. One gets the page not found several times followed by the prove your human bar - which usually doesn't even work.

I can only imagine that the 2 coin set will be a total nightmare. Lucky break for those who score. Figures I'll likely not be able to try due to work. My dad and brother will try for me. I can only hope.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

I don’t see a saddle in that pic!

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:
    We have had this discussion before about "Add to Bag" and the "Backorder" button.

Besides the many "opinions" of what these two terms mean (or does not mean)...has anyone actually received a definitive explanation from the Mint of what exactly these terms mean?

As a common man - I see a limit of # of coins that will be distributed (I think 12,500 in this case) with this sale.

To me...that says that only 12,500 coins will be manufactured and sold. Once 12,500 are added to the "Bag" (including pre-sales to the big guys)...it should just go to "Not Available" and only come back up as available to add to Bag when someone cancels their order (prior to shipping) or credit cards are declined, etc...

I know that there are other things I'm not thinking about...as there is always unique things going on behind the scenes...but I just can't wrap my head around this backorder thing - especially when we're talking about something that should be available for sale/shipping - not these - "will ship in Oct/Nov" sales.

Backorder means they still haven't sold 12,500 of them but they have sold all the ones they have in inventory. There is no mystery to this.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2021 12:41PM

@coinpalice said:
    there is still risk, like the coin gets lost in the mail, and 150 dollars is not worth the time involved

If it gets lost its obviously insured. However, the hassle involved is definitely not worth it. That said, I've never had registered get lost. There is risk to everything. All things considered, to me it seems an easy hundred for 20 min work - not even counting the CC rewards.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@Raufus said:

@coinpalice said:
    there is still risk, like the coin gets lost in the mail, and 150 dollars is not worth the time involved

If it gets lost its obviously insured. However, the hassle involved is definitely not worth it. That said, I've never had registered get lost. There is risk to everything. All things considered, to me it seems an easy hundred for 20 min work - not even counting the CC rewards.

As long as you locked in Pinehurst BEFORE you buy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file