Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***Official 2021 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin- Price Posted!***

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinMeister said:
    I guess I raised a few hackles. That was not my intent. It just seemed that you wouldn’t want to go to a Sam’s club and ask about what’s on sale at Costco. I didn’t say it violated any rules. Interesting that I made some get a little testy.

It is potentially a violation of rule 2. You were correct.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@CoinMeister said:
    I guess I raised a few hackles. That was not my intent. It just seemed that you wouldn’t want to go to a Sam’s club and ask about what’s on sale at Costco. I didn’t say it violated any rules. Interesting that I made some get a little testy.

I believe rule 4 definitely covers it.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@CoinMeister said:

Yes, absolutely. #2 is my go-to as the more generic ban on negativity.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@micotu said:

@CoinMeister said:
    @zhangbingnpu welcome. It isn’t exactly appropriate to speak of the competition on our hosts’ forum. Just saying…

is that bannable or subject to post deletion? Censorship is a big red flag for me and will probably seek another forum if that's the case.

No!

The Comment made by @zhangbingnpu is NOT "bannable" OR "subject to post deletion".

According to the https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1016633/pcgs-forum-rules-and-guidelines#latest PCGS Forum Rules and Guidelines webpage, there have been NO violations of the Forum Rules and Guidelines with @zhangbingnpu posting.

Now, @CoinMeister did not write that there was a violation of the PCGS Forum Rules and Guidelines but he did take it upon himself to imply (that's how I read it) that @zhangbingnpu post did not seem to meet "HIS" Guidelines (i.e. Opinion) of "appropriateness"

But in this case, PCGS Forum Rules and Guidelines TRUMP whatever @CoinMeister may feel is appropriate or not.

o:)

Reread rule 2.

I don't HAVE to re-read anything...I read it and understood it perfectly fine the 1st time I read it.

There's no Bill Clinton - "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is." malarkey talk here to understand.

Here's the quote again from @zhangbingnpu of what he wrote:

Not sure if I have enough time to get the "First release" on NGC. Anyone know the cutoff date of this coin on NGC? I do the research, but didn't get such information on NGC web.

Please, let me know how you possibly have come to a conclusion that the above quoted remark violates rule 2?

Thank-you in advance for your answer!

__

BST references available on request

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@zhangbingnpu said:
    Really want to know, if the US Mint shipped after the PCGS cutoff date, then is that means No first strike??

Correct.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect this debate may shut the thread down so before that occurs I will suggest it when you have questions about NGC grading cut off deadlines, etc. do some google or NGC website work first before you come to a PCGS board!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@CoinMeister said:

--

From the Rules:

Rule #2 Posts must not contain libelous (accusatory, attacking) remarks concerning any individual, company, or other entity.

--

Could you please explain how Rule #2 applies to the below statement (company name removed and replaced with XXX).

Not sure if I have enough time to get the "First release" on XXX. Anyone know the cutoff date of this coin on XXX? I do the research, but didn't get such information on XXX web...So sad!

--

Now, if you wanted to say the last sentence of: "So Sad!" is somehow libelous towards xxx - than say it.
    Otherwise, I don't see anywhere else in the original statement where there is some sort of libelous remark about xxx.

@MsMorrisine said:

From the Rules:

Rule #4 Posts promoting or bashing other grading companies or services are not allowed.

Again, I don't see how the original statement violates Rule #4 - unless you are referring to the comment of "So sad!" as bashing?

Could you please let me know how you came to the interpretation that you did? I really do want to understand your thinking into this, as to educate myself in how this forum runs - you have experience here that is valuable.

@MilesWaits said:
    I suspect this debate may shut the thread down so before that occurs I will suggest it when you have questions about xxx grading cut off deadlines, etc. do some google or xxx website work first before you come to a PCGS board!

Rule #3 This is a community, as such, slightly off-topic threads are expected, however, topics such as politics or other "taboo" subjects are not permitted. Should the thread be deemed inflammatory, negative or violate any rules it will be deleted or closed at the moderator's discretion, without warning.

And from the Guidelines:

Moderators may delete or close any thread or comment at any time without warning if the content violates the below rules or if a moderator determines the removal of the content to be in the best interest of the hobby, the community or PCGS.

I don't see a violation for Rule #3, While I may have gone slightly off-topic here (actually have I??) - we are not discussing politics or "taboo" subjects so we should be safe.

Further, maybe a discussion about xxx grading timelines is more in favor of PCGS - whereas PCGS would be happy to have discussions about timelines that are more favorable to them and the facts that surround them out in the open. PCGS has very generous terms as it relates to grading timelines IMO.

Facts in themselves are not bashing or libelous.

Again, I really want to learn from the experience of others.

Oh, and lets' not forget about the last comment in the Rules and Guidelines - which makes this place so inviting!

Be kind to each other, and happy collecting.

--_--

Now, About that Bucking Gold Bronco!!

BST references available on request

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@micotu said:

@CoinMeister said:
    @zhangbingnpu welcome. It isn’t exactly appropriate to speak of the competition on our hosts’ forum. Just saying…

is that bannable or subject to post deletion? Censorship is a big red flag for me and will probably seek another forum if that's the case.

No!

The Comment made by @zhangbingnpu is NOT "bannable" OR "subject to post deletion".

According to the https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1016633/pcgs-forum-rules-and-guidelines#latest PCGS Forum Rules and Guidelines webpage, there have been NO violations of the Forum Rules and Guidelines with @zhangbingnpu posting.

Now, @CoinMeister did not write that there was a violation of the PCGS Forum Rules and Guidelines but he did take it upon himself to imply (that's how I read it) that @zhangbingnpu post did not seem to meet "HIS" Guidelines (i.e. Opinion) of "appropriateness"

But in this case, PCGS Forum Rules and Guidelines TRUMP whatever @CoinMeister may feel is appropriate or not.

Reread rule 2.

I don't HAVE to re-read anything...I read it and understood it perfectly fine the 1st time I read it.

There's no Bill Clinton - "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is." malarkey talk here to understand.

Here's the quote again from @zhangbingnpu of what he wrote:

Not sure if I have enough time to get the "First release" on NGC. Anyone know the cutoff date of this coin on NGC? I do the research, but didn't get such information on NGC web.

Please, let me know how you possibly have come to a conclusion that the above quoted remark violates rule 2?

Thank-you in advance for your answer!

__

That original negative comment about NGC could be interpreted as violating rule 2 and/or rule 4. It is also unnecessary and adds nothing to the discussion, so why risk it?

• Options
    NumismetalNumismetal Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited September 9, 2021 8:51AM

I have a feeling that when the mint gets around to releasing the November back orders they’ll have fixed some of the quality issues I’ve seen on unboxing videos. Some coins have an uneven rim. My own coin was slightly off center but there were no other marks or imperfections. The capsule has more of a gap on one side than the other so I think mine also has an uneven rim. I haven’t removed it from the capsule to check because I don’t have a dust free environment.

It may turn out the people on back order end up with the best coins. How would a grading service note something like an uneven rim or would they?

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2021 12:55PM

I’ve seen the same video, and the rim thickness is dramatic. $1,000 premium should at least buy a quality coin.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

and it's a proof to boot.

proofs are supposed to be the shining example of the mint's capability

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    and it's a proof to boot.

proofs are supposed to be the shining example of the mint's capability

The Mint is ! This is a new millennium and mediocracy is the new standard. This is my new understanding of what's going on around me.

• Options

The problem seems so widespread the mint should offer a recall though I don’t know if they’ve ever done that or ever would. I kept mine because I really love the design and there were no coins left to repurchase. Oh well, perhaps the coin wouldn’t stay still in the die due to the bucking horse.

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Let’s see. I like ngc but sometimes I don’t

Let's see, sometimes I like PCGS and sometimes I don't.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RMLTM79 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Let’s see. I like ngc but sometimes I don’t

Let's see, sometimes I like PCGS and sometimes I don't.

I see your an adventurous person too. Such risk takers we are 😂
    I hope neither of us sez anything about the other services. I have had my share of danger. 🤓🙀

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Yes sir. I was the submitter of that coin. Believe it or not, I asked them to fix it. Sent it back to them, waited 2 weeks and it returned MS70 AGAIN. D'Oh! Gave up at that point.

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

Opportunities abound for the early bird ;) This AM there R 4 available for "backorder"!

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

Still available for backorder this morning.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    edited September 13, 2021 5:07AM

Yeah...kinda like the bucking horsey, and what it represents - much better than the redesigned Liberty's from previous years!. (I know i am risking cancellation by the cupcake police on this comment) :#

• Options

Why would you think that? Silly

• Options

horse coin back order is available at this moment!!

• Options

rwJohn, Thank you for posting the excellent photos of a beautiful coin! You have a lucky grandson…Congratulations. I am looking forward to buying this coin at some point at different pricing.

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭

@zhangbingnpu said:
    horse coin back order is available at this moment!!

Still available as of now for back order.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

data-available="442.0" :)

• Options

Yes it is, let’s see, gold is at around $1734 and the horse sells at $2715, hmmmm, PASS.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2021 6:19AM

For those that like the design, but didn't get one in gold, 2022 will have the American Liberty 1 Ounce Silver Proof Medal
    It's always nice having the two as a set, gold & silver, but for those without such deep pockets....for sale in the summer of '22.

• Options

Well now that’s 2 items I am interested in. The 1 oz Coast Guard and if this is like the high relief gold I am in. Nothing else looks interesting next year 😉

• Options
    micotumicotu Posts: 58 ✭✭

@Onastone said:
    For those that like the design, but didn't get one in gold, 2022 will have the American Liberty 1 Ounce Silver Proof Medal
    It's always nice having the two as a set, gold & silver, but for those without such deep pockets....for sale in the summer of '22.

is it confirmed that it won't be a new design?

• Options

When I go to eBay for this coin I see a ridiculously high number with ridiculously high prices of buy it now graded and ungraded versions.
    While they are still selling this from the Mint (plenty more opportunity for a 70) why in the world would you buy a 70 on eBay for a ridiculously significant markup?!
    I am happy they may be making it in silver but I will continue to be patient for prices eventually coming down on the gold when folks are desperate to sell the 2021 at a realistic price above spot.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@micotu said:

@Onastone said:

is it confirmed that it won't be a new design?

Typically the mint does a silver medal companion piece to match the gold counterpart. This Liberty medal will be the bucking horse.

• Options

JMB is selling for $3,596.08 now and Fleabay listings are around $3100+ and thinning out. Mintage is really low at 12,500 compared to other UHR etc. Could this thing have legs?

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hardbitten said:
    JMB is selling for $3,596.08 now and Fleabay listings are around $3100+ and thinning out. Mintage is really low at 12,500 compared to other UHR etc. Could this thing have legs?

I bought it to keep, but if this thing takes off, then might reconsider :wink:

• Options

Love the coin, hate the pricing!
    More patience is in order:

• Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2022 10:49AM

@MilesWaits said:
    Love the coin, hate the pricing!
    More patience is in order:

I was just looking at that too (got the APMEX email). Kinda kicking myself for not getting one, liked the design, hated their (US Mint) write-up / description ... made no sense. But probably couldnt swing the cost in 2021 either, with all else that was being sold.

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2022 12:25PM

1000$ over spot (at 2,765.00 USD) during the time of issue and nearly twice (3,800.00 USD) the spot price.
    https://www.pcgs.com/auctionprices/item/2021-w-100-american-liberty-high-relief-9999-fine-first-strike-dcam/887596/-5820299890764718595
    Wonder what is really moving it, other than the low 12,500 mintage numbers?

• Options

For me what moves it is the fantastic unique design, the beauty I have seen in actual photos but the price causes me to wait. Even when it was sold from the US Mint I wasn’t interested as the markup is too intense.
    And part of the interest is it it stands apart in uniqueness from all other issues, so far, for the liberty gold.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2021 seems to be doing well, this one sold on ebay yesterday....ungraded
    Many more sold for $4000+ lately.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file