***Official 2021 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin- Price Posted!***

Comments

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a hoot!!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the design as I love being around horses and spent some good years working with them. But got kids college to think of so I'll pass for now.

K

ANA LM
  • Options

OK saddle up all you cowboys and cowgirls because your Mint rodeo is about to begin!

• Options
    cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

I guess first day sales are gonna be 1. The one I buy. Gold eagles are only slightly cheaper and the past issues of the high relief coin seem to hold their value. So you can buy another gold eagle that looks like all the other ones you own or have this cool coin. I remember all the people complaining about the mark up of $440 dollars on the Palladium coins in 2018? they are worth almost twice as much now.

• Options

The value on the 2018 Palladium coin largely increased due to the value of palladium.

• Options
    DimeDorkDimeDork Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

GL all who buy!

• Options
    cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    The value on the 2018 Palladium coin largely increased due to the value of palladium.

That is probably the whole reason it went up but the fact I was pointing out is you don't know what will happen with the price of gold either?

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can’t be too many buyers. I got to place order button within 30 seconds.

• Options
    levinlllevinll Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

Got one ordered within the 1st minutes. Pinch me, I'm dreaming !

• Options

Got one ordered.....had to reload 4 or 5 times though, kept getting the page not found message

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    Can’t be too many buyers. I got to place order button within 30 seconds.

I had many errors on my end. Still able to order one by 11:02 though.

• Options

@levinll said:
    Got one ordered within the 1st minutes. Pinch me, I'm dreaming !

You’re the only one that bought one. Will probably be very rare.

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Website is super responsive, doesn't look good for a sellout

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't buy one but I got in some valuable practice for the 13th...... B)

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the design, hate the price. I'm willing to roll the dice and wait to see where the aftermarket numbers settle.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

If I got the call from one of my trusted buyers for $2865 they would own one more.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

for 2.7 k, you would think the packaging would be a bit nicer

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2021 9:11AM

@RMLTM79 said:

FWIW I got an email from Pinehurst offering $2865. Pretty high risk for $165 imho.

Don't forget the $60 FedEx cost they charge too!

BST references available on request

• Options
    atomatom Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭

Unlike previous offerings, it seems easy to purchase on the website. I guess from all the posts here it's not worth the money.

• Options
    GhosOfRudyGhosOfRudy Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

@Guxiyou said:

I really feel like the people who want or need to flip these things for a mere $150 don't have the cash or credit to do so in the four figure range. Subjective opinion, but that's my take.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought one of these for a dealer as I do not buy them for myself.

I was really surprised at how screwed up it was today for what I do not consider to be a super high demand item.

If it took 7 tries, I got the page not found then then I got the stupid human challenge when I completed the human challenge my cart was empty however I had never received an order number.

I tried ordering another one only to see that household limit was reached so I realized that 1 of the orders went through.

I cannot imagine what it will be like for higher demand items if it is this screwed up for this high relief.

This new ordering system definitely sucks.

The proof you are a human thing arbitrarily kicking it various stages just makes no sense.

Ugh

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GhosOfRudy said:

@Guxiyou said:

I really feel like the people who want or need to flip these things for a mere $150 don't have the cash or credit to do so in the four figure range. Subjective opinion, but that's my take.

Not sure that's an accurate assumption.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@Raufus That's a little depressing to hear. I'm definitely going to be in for the 2-coin reverse ASE set on the 13th, and it is going to be WAY worse. I'd assumed that since the website appears to be responsive that today would be smooth sailing for anyone wanting to purchase.

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

These days I do not buy 1oz gold coins anymore, there is no value in them. I would put money in some growth stocks and wait several years down the road and pick them up at a relatively cheaper price, if lucky, maybe 2. The US gold coins make Canadian mint, Perth mint, Royal mint gold coins look cheaper now.

• Options

there is still risk, like the coin gets lost in the mail, and 150 dollars is not worth the time involved

• Options

Showing back order as of 12:16

• Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

BACK ORDER 12:17

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

they currently say BACKORDER -- what did it say at noon?

• Options

add to bag

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

>

I tried ordering another one only to see that household limit was reached so I realized that 1 of the orders went through.

I cannot imagine what it will be like for higher demand items if it is this screwed up for this high relief.

This new ordering system definitely sucks.

The proof you are a human thing arbitrarily kicking it various stages just makes no sense.

Bought one for practice and to immediately sell. My order went through too unbeknownst to me with household limit reached.
    At least I could prove that I was human!

• Options
    edited August 19, 2021 9:21AM

Currently on back order like everything else. Until November 11th. Got my order in earlier.

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

had to prove I was human 4 times - 2 times of 2 right after each other

many page not found errors

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

The price is the same that the AGE cost a couple weeks ago. $2700 ish ...

• Options
    GhosOfRudyGhosOfRudy Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

well 20 minutes is definitely longer than other larger releases lasted, so I guess demand wasn't as high as the ASE proofs and Morgan/Peace releases.

• Options

they might not even sell out, that's why they went on backorder, the mint doesn't like melting coins

• Options

predict

the

sell through! (when even back orders are gone)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

47 minutes

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

Saw a sale on eBay that had sold out listed in the description. Complete lies!

• Options

for the record

the back order date is Nov 11, 2021 in the cart

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cruisersk1 said:

@MilesWaits said:

That is probably the whole reason it went up but the fact I was pointing out is you don't know what will happen with the price of gold either?

But why would I buy a gold coin that needs a 50% increase in the price of gold to break even?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

But why would I buy a gold coin that needs a 50% increase in the price of gold to break even?

because you are driven to flip

• Options

@GhosOfRudy said:
    well 20 minutes is definitely longer than other larger releases lasted, so I guess demand wasn't as high as the ASE proofs and Morgan/Peace releases.

We're at 35 minutes and still available. And the mintage limit is 12,500. So, yeah, there's about 1/20th the demand (or less)

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2021 9:38AM

The Panama Pacific exposition gold slugs were $100 bucks and only had a face value of $50. In theory you lost half the value immediately as soon as you bought one.

Put me on record as loving this coin. Instant classic! The eagle is forgettable but I love the horse

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2021 9:37AM

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    47 minutes

I'll take 2 hours after on sale time, so 2pm my time

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmlanzaf said:

because you are driven to flip

LOL. The key to the flip is to not require any appreciation.

Everything I buy to flip I expect to drop in value. I don't think I've ever bought a coin from the Mint other than the very low mintage ASEs (35,000 or less) that I expected to go up. And even those I expect to peak in the 1st year and fail to keep up with inflation in future years.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    47 minutes

I'll take 2 hours after on sale time, so 2pm my time

I think if it lasts 2 hours, it lasts 6 hours.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@GhosOfRudy said:

We're at 35 minutes and still available. And the mintage limit is 12,500. So, yeah, there's about 1/20th the demand (or less)

Cmon @jmlanzaf Time to get friends and family to buy one…..coming up on 47 minutes.😉

• Options
    edited August 19, 2021 9:46AM

Backorder button is like a tv huckster saying better hurry only 3 left.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file