Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***Official 2021 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin- Price Posted!***

Comments

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe the mint should’ve minted a coin… Based upon this GIF… With the words MINT FLIPPERS

BST references available on request

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

The timex release it keeps on ticking and ticking still available

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    had to prove I was human 4 times - 2 times of 2 right after each other

many page not found errors

How stupid is that???? WHY would they have a system where one would ever have to do thus more than once?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

As long as you locked in Pinehurst BEFORE you buy.

You MIGHT get away with that once.

I’d blacklist anyone doing that with me

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

Pinehurst sent me the invoice for two coins at 3:20pm. When the first acknowledgement emails came I sent the order #'s to them at 12:40ish..... No need to wait on confirmation emails etc.

• Options
    edited August 19, 2021 1:01PM

@Samuel8 said:
    "Xxxxxxxxx Coins is no longer purchasing:

American Liberty 2021High Relief
    Gold Coin

If you submitted your request prior to 1:30 PM EDT we will still process your Purchase Order Request.
    ......"

Man would that SUCK if u bought the coin and hadn't submitted yet

If you do not get your confirmation email quickly you're really in a bind. On the one hand, you want to let them know you purchased the coin early in case they rescind the offer. On the other hand they specifically say to only send one email. So, you really have to wait until you have an order confirmation to send them the email letting them know that you purchased the coin.

Compounding this problem is the fact that several people such as myself never got the usual order number after processing. Instead, it was only clear that the order went through when you tried again and it said household limit reached but you still didn't have an order number. The last thing anyone wants is to be holding a coin that is this expensive then having to pay the postage to return it to the mint and wait months for the refund.

With issues like this maybe it really isn't worth a 100 bucks!

• Options

@Raufus said:

Flip has its risks

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

@CXD said:
    Pinehurst sent me the invoice for two coins at 3:20pm. When the first acknowledgement emails came I sent the order #'s to them at 12:40ish..... No need to wait on confirmation emails etc.

& if your order gets cancelled after order acknowledgement and before an order confirmation from the mint what then. I believe by accepting the purchase order from Pinehurst they expect you to fulfill the order within 14 days. & you are requesting/ accepting the purchase order when you send that email with your name, phone, address & order number.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

@Raufus said:

Flip has its risks

Yup. People seem to have forgotten that.

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

Frankly, would suck to buy the coin and sell to Pinhurst for the tiny profit they offered.

• Options

@Halfpence said:
    Frankly, would suck to buy the coin and sell to Pinhurst for the tiny profit they offered.

Better than buying the coin and selling it two years from now for $500 less than you paid.

• Options
    edited August 19, 2021 1:12PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:

@coinpalice said:
    there is still risk, like the coin gets lost in the mail, and 150 dollars is not worth the time involved

If it gets lost its obviously insured. However, the hassle involved is definitely not worth it. That said, I've never had registered get lost. There is risk to everything. All things considered, to me it seems an easy hundred for 20 min work - not even counting the CC rewards.

As long as you locked in Pinehurst BEFORE you buy.

The thing here is that there was no way to lock your order in before you had in order number so there was definitely some risk here

• Options

99 cent start to watch: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403086199298

• Options

@CXD said:

There is most definitely no need to wait for confirmation emails. This new twist where you can end up placing an order but not seeing an order number (has this occurred before?) after processing is what makes this more risky than I had anticipated.

• Options

@fox9487 said:

@CXD said:

& if your order gets cancelled after order acknowledgement and before an order confirmation from the mint what then. I believe by accepting the purchase order from Pinehurst they expect you to fulfill the order within 14 days. & you are requesting/ accepting the purchase order when you send that email with your name, phone, address & order number.

I don't think it's a big deal. If something happens and the mint doesn't deliver then I call them and explain the situation. Yes they have all my info as I have an account and I am a customer....what would they do? Turn me away as a customer. BYW in the last 10 days purchased 5oz Pt and 100g gold bar from them- I guess they can "cancel" me but I doubt it. Actually, I have found them to be reasonable when speaking over the phone, etc.

• Options

I would expect them to ask for enough info to see that the Mint did not deliver.

otherwise, it would be easy to cancel on them for a hot issue so someone could sell for more on ebay

• Options

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

There is most definitely no need to wait for confirmation emails. This new twist where you can end up placing an order but not seeing an order number (has this occurred before?) after processing is what makes this more risky than I had anticipated.

Yes, today the first emails with order #'s came fast - but we know the US Mint screws up alot - but that's why most dealers with this type of offer would understand. There is a probability that the mint screw's this up with shipping or timing etc. We are not in the "backorder" group but I really don't trust that operation. Worst case just cancel, keep or send back.... ;)

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

@CXD said:

@fox9487 said:

@CXD said:

I don't think it's a big deal. If something happens and the mint doesn't deliver then I call them and explain the situation. Yes they have all my info as I have an account and I am a customer....what would they do? Turn me away as a customer. BYW in the last 10 days purchased 5oz Pt and 100g gold bar from them- I guess they can "cancel" me but I doubt it. Actually, I have found them to be reasonable when speaking over the phone, etc.

You don't think it's a big deal. Maybe it is maybe it isn't. I would not want to find out. I have seen what they send when you lock in a buy price with them. I would not want to mess with it.

Oh, and try to call them. Bet all you can reach is sales. No "trader", no receiving, and no operations.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@CoinMeister said:

Sure did. You simply call them and tell them to cancel order USM######. I’d call in the early morning on a day no items go up for sale.

if you are really going to cancel, do it asap.

it can show "processing" but if the 1-800# people say it has been sent over to shipping, then you are stuck doing a receive and return.

Per "my friend", It was very easy to cancel over the phone.

The order instantly showed up as Cancelled under the Order History with a follow-up e-mail cancellation.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

as a buyer i would never place a bid on the no reserve auction, the seller has sold only 7 things in the past 5 years, the last thing he sold he hasn't even delivered, the buyer left him positive feedback for a cc Morgan that hasn't even been delivered yet which seems real odd. his auction looks real newby like, very vague with no idea of shipping time or anything. what happens if this person has a November shipment? the auction blows up

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

This turned into an episode of “Flipping Gone Bad”.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2021 1:53PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:
    We have had this discussion before about "Add to Bag" and the "Backorder" button.

Besides the many "opinions" of what these two terms mean (or does not mean)...has anyone actually received a definitive explanation from the Mint of what exactly these terms mean?

As a common man - I see a limit of # of coins that will be distributed (I think 12,500 in this case) with this sale.

To me...that says that only 12,500 coins will be manufactured and sold. Once 12,500 are added to the "Bag" (including pre-sales to the big guys)...it should just go to "Not Available" and only come back up as available to add to Bag when someone cancels their order (prior to shipping) or credit cards are declined, etc...

I know that there are other things I'm not thinking about...as there is always unique things going on behind the scenes...but I just can't wrap my head around this backorder thing - especially when we're talking about something that should be available for sale/shipping - not these - "will ship in Oct/Nov" sales.

Backorder means they still haven't sold 12,500 of them but they have sold all the ones they have in inventory. There is no mystery to this.

Where are the ones that they don't have in inventory? Have they made them yet?

Are you saying (which you did not say but I infer) that they only made so many (ex. 2,000) coins, with an authorization to make up to 12,500.

...And therefore any sales over 2,000 (my hypothetical manufactured number) would be backordered - and the mint will just fire up the presses to press out more, up to their 12,500 max?

EDIT:

It looks Like I typed this up before seeing MetroD's explanation below...

• Options

@MetroD said:

@HoneyMarket said:
    We have had this discussion before about "Add to Bag" and the "Backorder" button.

Besides the many "opinions" of what these two terms mean (or does not mean)...has anyone actually received a definitive explanation from the Mint of what exactly these terms mean?
    [...]

My take:

Based on these screenshots from the Mint website ....

Thank-you
    This is a great explanation based upon valid Mint screenshots!

B)

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:

As a common man - I see a limit of # of coins that will be distributed (I think 12,500 in this case) with this sale.

To me...that says that only 12,500 coins will be manufactured and sold. Once 12,500 are added to the "Bag" (including pre-sales to the big guys)...it should just go to "Not Available" and only come back up as available to add to Bag when someone cancels their order (prior to shipping) or credit cards are declined, etc...

I know that there are other things I'm not thinking about...as there is always unique things going on behind the scenes...but I just can't wrap my head around this backorder thing - especially when we're talking about something that should be available for sale/shipping - not these - "will ship in Oct/Nov" sales.

Backorder means they still haven't sold 12,500 of them but they have sold all the ones they have in inventory. There is no mystery to this.

Where are the ones that they don't have in inventory? Have they made them yet?

Are you saying (which you did not say but I infer) that they only made so many (ex. 2,000) coins, with an authorization to make up to 12,500.

...And therefore any sales over 2,000 (my hypothetical manufactured number) would be backordered - and the mint will just fire up the presses to press out more, up to their 12,500 max?

EDIT:

It looks Like I typed this up before seeing MetroD's explanation below...

There are multiple options. Sometimes they haven't struck the coins. Sometimes they don't have the packaging available yet. Sometimes they need more blanks. Etc.

It doesn't really matter "why". At least to me. If Walmart had my vacuum cleaner on backorder, I really don't spend a lot of time wondering why.

• Options
    ronbowronbow Posts: 1 ✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Love the coin. The price is painful. I am out. And patient.

Love the pony express wild pony......which I look at it as......was lucky to get one........good luck.

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@CoinMeister said:

Sure did. You simply call them and tell them to cancel order USM######. I’d call in the early morning on a day no items go up for sale.

it can show "processing" but if the 1-800# people say it has been sent over to shipping, then you are stuck doing a receive and return.

The order instantly showed up as Cancelled under the Order History with a follow-up e-mail

We hope your friend learned their lesson.

There may be a lot more lessons learned in October, hopefully not at taxpayer expense.

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

The USM is creating their own nightmare yet to be played out in Oct/Nov of this year when they try to start charging multiple backordered items in quick succession. Declined Cc’s, etc will ensue. It’s gonna be a clusterf$$k

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

This new twist where you can end up placing an order but not seeing an order number (has this occurred before?) after processing is what makes this more risky than I had anticipated.

Yes. I've seen this occur lately. And to make matters worse, they shut down your ORDER HISTORY so you really can't double check status...

• Options

The mint will be installing new buttons: BAGORDER and ADD BACK

• Options

Our Forum will be installing new Are You Human checks every time you want to make a comment.

• Options
    edited August 19, 2021 2:30PM

@jmlanzaf said:
    ...If Walmart had my vacuum cleaner on backorder, I really don't spend a lot of time wondering why.

A backorder, with a retailer such as Walmart, who has to wait for the item to be manufactured overseas, shipped to the US, trucked to a warehouse, etc...is understandable to me - true....nothing to wonder about there. Sorta Like Freight Forwarding.

I guess I was just thinking that the Mint produces coins/medals (based upon a set amount), warehouses them...and then ships them when they go on sale/sold. Those that don't sell, at some point get melted down for another coin/medal?

I didn't realize that the Mint actually does not produce the full amount they're authorized...thus the backorder status once sales go over the amount they produced - minus the number they had on hand to start with.

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@CoinMeister said:

The order instantly showed up as Cancelled under the Order History with a follow-up e-mail cancellation.

I am very happy for you just a spectacular outcome. Even the mint can have a “every dog has his day “ moment and get it right Congratulations 🤓🙀🥳

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    We hope your friend learned their lesson.

There may be a lot more lessons learned in October, hopefully not at taxpayer expense.

Ah, but my friend has a LOT of "locked in" prices from buyers for Oct!

B)

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

Up to $2700.00 man that seller is making a killing!!!! Wish I would of bought one for a Quick FLIP!!!!! How long did it take to sell out?🧐

• Options

@Coinnmore said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Up to $2700.00 man that seller is making a killing!!!! Wish I would of bought one for a Quick FLIP!!!!! How long did it take to sell out?🧐

Lol.

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    ...If Walmart had my vacuum cleaner on backorder, I really don't spend a lot of time wondering why.

A backorder, with a retailer such as Walmart, who has to wait for the item to be manufactured overseas, shipped to the US, trucked to a warehouse, etc...is understandable to me - true....nothing to wonder about there. Sorta Like Freight Forwarding.

I guess I was just thinking that the Mint produces coins/medals (based upon a set amount), warehouses them...and then ships them when they go on sale/sold. Those that don't sell, at some point get melted down for another coin/medal?

I didn't realize that the Mint actually does not produce the full amount they're authorized...thus the backorder status once sales go over the amount they produced - minus the number they had on hand to start with.

There's 100 reasons that Walmart might have a backorder also.

• Options
    edited August 19, 2021 2:35PM

@Coinnmore said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Up to $2725 now... At least he covered his shipping costs!

Now 4 days, 20 hours to overcome the eBay fee's and his own shipping/insurance costs...and it's all profit!!!

I'll bet the 1st 18 bids were from those trying to get it below Mint cost!

• Options
    edited August 19, 2021 2:40PM

@Coinnmore said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Please look at the previous 15-20 comments and your questions will be answered It’s available right now backorder since 15 minutes after release 🥸

• Options
    edited August 19, 2021 2:47PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Coinnmore said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Please look at the previous 15-20 comments and your questions will be answered It’s available right now backorder since 15 minutes after release

Ohhh thanks then I am going to buy one and then send Pinehurst a email that I want to send them the coin so I can Flip it and make a few EASY BUCKS! 😜

This is gonna be the easiest money I have ever maid! Thank you Pinehurst!

• Options

Absolutely we are all going to Jet somewhere nice and show and tell our coins. Weeeeee 🤪

• Options

@Coinnmore said:
    Ohhh thanks then I am going to buy one and then send Pinehurst a email that I want to send them the coin so I can Flip it and make a few EASY BUCKS! 😜

Don't forget to check with PFS Buyers Club too...they might be paying more!
    You could work them against each other for a higher price!

o:)

• Options
    edited August 19, 2021 2:54PM

Done!

US Mint

Order Summary

Order Placed: 08/19/21
    Order Status: Backordered
    Order Number: USM11#######

Weeeee!!!!!!😜😜😜

Any body got Pinehurst email address? 🤒

• Options

@Coinnmore said:
    Done!

US Mint

Order Summary

Order Placed: 08/19/21
    Order Status: Backordered
    Order Number: USM11#######

Weeeee!!!!!!😜😜😜

Congratulations 🎊

• Options
    edited August 19, 2021 2:59PM

@Coinnmore said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Coinnmore said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Please look at the previous 15-20 comments and your questions will be answered It’s available right now backorder since 15 minutes after release

Pinehurst is not taking new orders after 1:30 p.m., are they?

You may have to cancel that order.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Coinnmore said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Coinnmore said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Pinehurst is not taking new orders after 1:30 p.m., are they?

I think were in the middle of a humor segment. At least I hope. Go up half dozen posts 🥸

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

I hear it's very easy to cancel an order

...just hit 1 (like you're going to place an order) when calling the Mint...and tell em' you want to cancel an order - they have such nice phone order people I hear!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file